We're moving Forums to the Community pages. Click here for more information and updates.

Who should cause Courtney's downfall?

Who should defeat Courtney?

brekclub85

[1]Oct 30, 2009
    • level: 4

Since by now most of us are awaiting Courtney's defeat, who do you want to be the one who triggers it?

Personally, I hope Courtney's elimination comes via a technicality or by Duncan. If the Final Two are indeed Duncan and Beth, this is what I beleive the Semi-Finals will be like:

Duncan, Beth, and Courtney are the Final Three. Duncan fnishes first in the cmpetition, assuring his spot in the Finals, and then is allowed to help one of the girls. Courtney will think for sure that duncan would help her out, but Duncan has grown tired of Courtney's attitude and helps Beth advance to the Finals instead.

What about you guys?

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

animatiun_lover

[2]Oct 30, 2009
    • level: 2
    you can delete the other topic you made but you have to hurry because if so,eone posts in it it'll be too late

Lionheart08

[3]Oct 30, 2009
    • level: 30
    With last weeks episode revealing Owen is pretty much in the poor house I think it's pretty much been forshadowed that he'll take the victory again. As for Courtney's downfall, I'm betting Harold is going to get that honor.

animatiun_lover

[4]Oct 30, 2009

and let me say this now before this turns into another vs thread or facts thread:

THIS IS BASED ON OPINION SO DONT ARGUE AS IF ITS FACT

i THINK beth should cause courtneys downfall cause harold already screwed her over season 1, duncan obviousluy has feelings for her and as much as he likes torturing her i dont think he would ever do that to her (even though she did to him) and obviously beth is making it to the finals IN MY OPINION and shes the best personality on the show out of all the people who are left

TDMe

[5]Oct 30, 2009
    • level: 7
    A better thread would be " Who should cause Harold's Downfall"

shishkabob999

[6]Oct 30, 2009
    • level: 9
    Lionheart08 wrote:
    With last weeks episode revealing Owen is pretty much in the poor house I think it's pretty much been forshadowed that he'll take the victory again.

No, Owen said that Chris is paying him the fifty grand to appear on the show.

LordGrievous

[7]Oct 30, 2009
    • level: 13
    I think Duncan should cause her downfall, it might knock some sense in her head.

alagaesian

[8]Oct 30, 2009
    • level: 12
    I think that Owen might actually cause something REALLY BAD on accident. For instance, accidentally getting Courtney to break up with Duncan. Everyone else thinks it's an accident too...until Chris comes to congratulate Owen and pays him for his 'hard work'. Then the other contestants get mad that Owen hurt -insert name here- so badly, and vote Owen off. So, no, I don't think he's going to win again. I also don't think he's going to be Courtney's downfall - he's not the kind of person to try to hurt people. On accident, maybe, but if he's going to accidentally hurt someone, it's probably going to turn out as described above.

Considering that Beth is the only protagonist female left on the show, I'm betting she's going to win...but she's going to win by slipping under the radar without hurting anyone's feelings, similar to how Owen won last season. So she's probably not going to be the direct cause of Courtney's downfall. Maybe a helper-contributor that assists in a vote-off.

And, of course we pretty much know that Courtney is going to cause her own elimination in some way. Come on! All the other contestants, except for Duncan, would like to get rid of her. Beth and Harold practically hate her guts. By being her bossy stuck-up self, she's getting the other contestants to resent her, and therefore nailing her own coffin shut.

Which pretty much leaves Harold and Duncan. I would like to see Duncan cause Courtney's downfall, but if she makes it past the final four...not happening. Courtney and Duncan are both antagonists, so I firmly believe that the writers aren't going to let either of them into the finals. If both Duncan and Courtney make it to the final three...at least one of them is in the final two. This means that only one of them can survive the final four's elimination. Either Courtney kicks the bucket, or Duncan. So if she's going to fall in the final three, like Heather, Duncan simply isn't going to be around to knock her off her throne. But if she is in a position to be kicked out in the final four...then I'd expect Duncan to finish her off.

Which leaves the following situation: what if Courtney makes the final three? The only possible person left is Harold. Owen most likely will not make the final three. The reason is similar to Courtney and Duncan: if both Courtney and Owen are in the final three, at least one of them must make it to the final two. Owen has already WON a season! I don't see them making an alternate ending that allows him to win AGAIN. And like I said, Courtney is an antagonist and therefore, there won't be an alternate ending that allows her whiny butt to win. Considering that neither Duncan nor Owen can be in the final three if Courtney is there, the only other choice is Harold. Besides, I'm sure that Harold has a bone or two to pick with her...she did trick him into voting off his love interest...

So, yeah, Duncan or Harold, depending on when they decide to eliminate her.

shishkabob999

[9]Oct 30, 2009
    • level: 9
    Considering the still-there theory that Duncan and Beth ARE the final two, the idea is that Courtney will get herself voted off during the Final Three or Duncan will... not to say that Harold won't help before he gets voted off fourth.

webizoid345

[10]Oct 30, 2009
    • level: 16
    Umm.... Owen has already been voted off FYI

stalemate666

[11]Oct 30, 2009
    • level: 11
    webizoid345 wrote:
    Umm.... Owen has already been voted off FYI

He's back

and I want Courtney to win

imverybasic

[12]Oct 30, 2009
    Honestly, I can't come up with a solid choice. I personally and fervently believe that one person's causation of Courtney's downfall is not even close to punishment enough for her. Duncan betraying her could possibly knock some sense into her, but me thinks that it wouldn't suffice. Some sort of individual conforntation or intense team-up against her would knock her down to size. Something like that would make my day.

stalemate666

[13]Oct 30, 2009
    imverybasic wrote:
    Honestly, I can't come up with a solid choice. I personally and fervently believe that one person's causation of Courtney's downfall is not even close to punishment enough for her. Duncan betraying her could possibly knock some sense into her, but me thinks that it wouldn't suffice. Some sort of individual conforntation or intense team-up against her would knock her down to size. Something like that would make my day.

why does everyone hate Courtney so much?

n5d25d90

[14]Oct 30, 2009
    • level: 8
    stalemate666 wrote:
    imverybasic wrote:

I can't speak for Basic, but I don't really HATE Courtney; I'm just not very fond of her. And I don't think the fact that everyone thinks she's going to have a downfall is because of hatred--it's because Courtney has been pretty much established as the season's villain (whether it's strategy or not, as far as the context of the show is concerned, she's a villain). And the status quo is that the villain can't win.

Everyone's going to have different opinions on the matter, but I think I pretty much hit the nail on the head here.

animatiun_lover

[15]Oct 31, 2009
    stalemate666 wrote:
    imverybasic wrote:
    because the new courtney is an annoying brat, a marys ue, a superwoman everything!! theyre basically trying to force courtney to be the heather of season 2 except heather is mroe tolerable and naturally like that. not to mention shes whines and complains about everything and feels like she can put others down just because she has common sense

imverybasic

[16]Oct 31, 2009
    Right. And unlike Heather, Courtney practically has everything handed to her. A gourmet dining experience, laywers, a PDA, a comforter-- all these things and not to mention, an unfiar physical advantage which is caused by all of these things. What really bothers me about her is this whole Mary-Sue business. The fact that she's now this unstoppable being who has the right to take things for granted. And the fact that she gets invincibility in every single episode.

stalemate666

[17]Oct 31, 2009
    imverybasic wrote:
    Right. And unlike Heather, Courtney practically has everything handed to her. A gourmet dining experience, laywers, a PDA, a comforter-- all these things and not to mention, an unfiar physical advantage which is caused by all of these things. What really bothers me about her is this whole Mary-Sue business. The fact that she's now this unstoppable being who has the right to take things for granted. And the fact that she gets invincibility in every single episode.

So anyone that has any actual skill is automatically hated by society, suddenly my life makes sense

imverybasic

[18]Oct 31, 2009
    No, not what I meant. I'm saying that Courtney suddenly has all of these things, and she's mean to everyone. The fact that she's mean to everyone and gets away with it, along with everyone else makes her hated.

TDIrocks61294

[19]Oct 31, 2009
    • level: 7
    I still like Courtney, but she was a little ridiculous in Rock 'n Rule. You know the way she acted in the hotel room, it pissed me off. I was rooting for Duncan (like always) to destroy that room, and Courtney goes all psycho and tears it apart instead, getting invincibility for the one hundredth freaking time. I think Duncan and Harold should team up to teach her a lesson so that she isn't like this in TDM.

stalemate666

[20]Oct 31, 2009
    TDIrocks61294 wrote:
    I still like Courtney, but she was a little ridiculous in Rock 'n Rule. You know the way she acted in the hotel room, it pissed me off. I was rooting for Duncan (like always) to destroy that room, and Courtney goes all psycho and tears it apart instead, getting invincibility for the one hundredth freaking time. I think Duncan and Harold should team up to teach her a lesson so that she isn't like this in TDM.

Oh come on, if you knew the challenge ahead of time you'd know Courtney was going to win, I mean come on destroying stuff in a rage thats Courtney