We're moving Forums to the Community pages. Click here for more information and updates.

Who should cause Courtney's downfall?

Who should defeat Courtney?

LordGrievous

[101]Nov 15, 2009
    • level: 13

stalemate666 wrote:
    alagaesian wrote:
    Let's see...badmouthed everyone in a thirty-foot radius, whacked her love interest in the kiwis with a guitar for no justifiable reason, tricked Harold into voting off his love interest, PLAYED A GUY FOR PERSONAL GAIN, and the list goes on...all for money and the personal satisfaction that comes from holding a degree of power over her peers. I don't understand you you can call those acts not-villainous. All you do is throw up a shield and say that Harold did "worse" stuff. Okay. He's voted out. He won't win. How does Harold's "villainy" prove that Courtney won't experience a downfall?
    She does that to Duncan all the time, you didn't think it was so horrible the other 5 times, as for the badmouthing everyone has badmouthed her, and she's just bluntly honest, as for the tricking Harold what Harold did to Courtney was worse and she did it to protect Duncan not out of revenge, as for the using Justin thing, if it was anyone besides Justin I would agree but she just gave him a taste of his own medicine if anyone else did it you'd be singing praises about them and no it doesn't prove anything, I don't see Courtney as a villain, I don't see her as a Saint either, she's playing the game, she hasn't done anything to that bad and considering everyone hated her from the second she got back it's not like she betrayed anyone and isn't really hurting anyone that doesnt' deserve it (with the possible exception of Duncan, but that's been going on since season 1 lol, it's kinda their foreplay)

How is tricking someone to vote off their own girlfriend worse then sabotaging the votes? techinacally their about even.

While it is True Courtney didn't tricked Harold for revenge but didn't do it to protect Duncan either, she was knew that if Duncan goes then she'll lose the closest thing to an ally,

And playing the game is how Heather described what she was doing in TDI and we all know how she was then.

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

alagaesian

[102]Nov 15, 2009
    • level: 12
    ^ That doesn't make taking advantage of his masculine physical weak spot any less immoral.

LordGrievous

[103]Nov 15, 2009
    facebookfan wrote:
    LordGrievous wrote:
    stalemate666 wrote:
    LordGrievous wrote:

stalemate666 wrote:
    imverybasic wrote:
    You make some good points, Pixar. But I don't think that Courtney and Candace are too much a like. Personally because, I just don't see Candace as a villain. Surely, she's a bit uptight and controlling, but she's mainly the goofball of the series; the one who gets the most poked fun at or has the most bad things happen to them (aside from Baljeet and Doofenshmirtz, Candace fits this description). Being annoying and having controlling tendecies is the farthest that Candace is ever going to get in terms of being evil. This defining trait contrasting from Courtney who is more ethnically challenged than Candace.
    Same can be said for Courtney she isn't really a villain your just making her out to be one, Harold was more of a villain then Courtney

How is Courtney not a villain? Harold is not the one insulting people and threatening to sue everytime he doesn't get his way and using people just to backstab them later.

While Duncan isn't a villain, Owen isn't a villain, Courtney is definitely a villain.

Like I said, Harold voted off Leshawna to cover his own ass, he attacked Duncan when he was working with him peacefully and they were on a truce, he "thinks" he had two girls in the bag and still made a move on Beth, he cheated Courtney off the show last time when she had done nothing to him other then be brutally honest which she does to everyone and does come off as insults to more sensitive people, Courtney has done what? Whine a bit and get pissed when she was unfairly cheated off, yeah she's the next Hitler alright

Wait,wait,wait Beth was the one doing the hitting on Harold, and Harold payed for Courtney off TDI with her clubbing him with a lamp-post, And there is no reason Courtney should insult Lindsay for not being smart, threatening to sue to get an advantage does make her an antagonist and hitting Duncan in the jewels and bossing her partner(beth) around shows she's not a team player and would backstab anybody just to ger her way.

Are you really Crystalcoconut?

i get your points but Harold voted off Courtney to spite Duncan because he pulled pranks on him, like the underwear sandwich incident. Harold voted off Leshawna because of "peer pressure" and was sorry for it. However, if Duncan was voted off (which is feel he will in "Top Dog") Courtney (probably) wouldn't feel any sort of emotion, though I could see Duncan in tears. and don't get angry at me but Courtney is just playing the game. though she clearly is the antagonist, she isn't as malicious like Heather was last season. i mean, though people bad talk Courtney no one cursed her off like Lindsay did, and she didn't set up someone (Trent) to be eliminated like Heather did with the fake letter and the kiss and such. i mean, what Heather did to Gwen and Trent was terrible, as well as her treatment of Lindsay and the others, but Courtney is not as bad as Heather was last season.

And Harold got what he deserved when Courtney hunted him down "Las De Losers"(or however you spell it) and getting what he deserved from Duncan in TDA.

But she did set up Justin to not only get immunity but get Duncan jealous as well, and she did treat Lindsay worse then Heather did too.

Courtney just as bad as Heather was only Heather was smart enough to keep to herself.

stalemate666

[104]Nov 15, 2009
    • level: 11
    LordGrievous wrote:

stalemate666 wrote:
    alagaesian wrote:
    Let's see...badmouthed everyone in a thirty-foot radius, whacked her love interest in the kiwis with a guitar for no justifiable reason, tricked Harold into voting off his love interest, PLAYED A GUY FOR PERSONAL GAIN, and the list goes on...all for money and the personal satisfaction that comes from holding a degree of power over her peers. I don't understand you you can call those acts not-villainous. All you do is throw up a shield and say that Harold did "worse" stuff. Okay. He's voted out. He won't win. How does Harold's "villainy" prove that Courtney won't experience a downfall?
    She does that to Duncan all the time, you didn't think it was so horrible the other 5 times, as for the badmouthing everyone has badmouthed her, and she's just bluntly honest, as for the tricking Harold what Harold did to Courtney was worse and she did it to protect Duncan not out of revenge, as for the using Justin thing, if it was anyone besides Justin I would agree but she just gave him a taste of his own medicine if anyone else did it you'd be singing praises about them and no it doesn't prove anything, I don't see Courtney as a villain, I don't see her as a Saint either, she's playing the game, she hasn't done anything to that bad and considering everyone hated her from the second she got back it's not like she betrayed anyone and isn't really hurting anyone that doesnt' deserve it (with the possible exception of Duncan, but that's been going on since season 1 lol, it's kinda their foreplay)

How is tricking someone to vote off their own girlfriend worse then sabotaging the votes? techinacally their about even.

While it is True Courtney didn't tricked Harold for revenge but didn't do it to protect Duncan either, she was knew that if Duncan goes then she'll lose the closest thing to an ally,

And playing the game is how Heather described what she was doing in TDI and we all know how she was then.

One Courtney didn't make Harold do anything, she just told him that if he didn't vote Leshawna off he would be voted off, he choose to believe her and choose to vote her off to save his own ass, so one lie with motivation to either save her friend or improve her position versus Harold cheating an innocent person off the show out of spite for another person, Harolds was worse., also you don't know if Courtney did it to protect Duncan or strengthen her own position but usually when she uses someone she brags about it on the private cam, she hasn't done that with Duncan yet so I'm inclined to believe she cares about him and just won't admit it

stalemate666

[105]Nov 15, 2009
    LordGrievous wrote:
    facebookfan wrote:
    LordGrievous wrote:
    stalemate666 wrote:
    LordGrievous wrote:

stalemate666 wrote:
    imverybasic wrote:
    You make some good points, Pixar. But I don't think that Courtney and Candace are too much a like. Personally because, I just don't see Candace as a villain. Surely, she's a bit uptight and controlling, but she's mainly the goofball of the series; the one who gets the most poked fun at or has the most bad things happen to them (aside from Baljeet and Doofenshmirtz, Candace fits this description). Being annoying and having controlling tendecies is the farthest that Candace is ever going to get in terms of being evil. This defining trait contrasting from Courtney who is more ethnically challenged than Candace.
    Same can be said for Courtney she isn't really a villain your just making her out to be one, Harold was more of a villain then Courtney

How is Courtney not a villain? Harold is not the one insulting people and threatening to sue everytime he doesn't get his way and using people just to backstab them later.

While Duncan isn't a villain, Owen isn't a villain, Courtney is definitely a villain.

Like I said, Harold voted off Leshawna to cover his own ass, he attacked Duncan when he was working with him peacefully and they were on a truce, he "thinks" he had two girls in the bag and still made a move on Beth, he cheated Courtney off the show last time when she had done nothing to him other then be brutally honest which she does to everyone and does come off as insults to more sensitive people, Courtney has done what? Whine a bit and get pissed when she was unfairly cheated off, yeah she's the next Hitler alright

Wait,wait,wait Beth was the one doing the hitting on Harold, and Harold payed for Courtney off TDI with her clubbing him with a lamp-post, And there is no reason Courtney should insult Lindsay for not being smart, threatening to sue to get an advantage does make her an antagonist and hitting Duncan in the jewels and bossing her partner(beth) around shows she's not a team player and would backstab anybody just to ger her way.

i get your points but Harold voted off Courtney to spite Duncan because he pulled pranks on him, like the underwear sandwich incident. Harold voted off Leshawna because of "peer pressure" and was sorry for it. However, if Duncan was voted off (which is feel he will in "Top Dog") Courtney (probably) wouldn't feel any sort of emotion, though I could see Duncan in tears. and don't get angry at me but Courtney is just playing the game. though she clearly is the antagonist, she isn't as malicious like Heather was last season. i mean, though people bad talk Courtney no one cursed her off like Lindsay did, and she didn't set up someone (Trent) to be eliminated like Heather did with the fake letter and the kiss and such. i mean, what Heather did to Gwen and Trent was terrible, as well as her treatment of Lindsay and the others, but Courtney is not as bad as Heather was last season.

And Harold got what he deserved when Courtney hunted him down "Las De Losers"(or however you spell it) and getting what he deserved from Duncan in TDA.

But she did set up Justin to not only get immunity but get Duncan jealous as well, and she did treat Lindsay worse then Heather did too.

Courtney just as bad as Heather was only Heather was smart enough to keep to herself.

She's not half as bad as Heather, Heather target innocent ppl, and actually broke them up, Courtney targeted a guy who uses girls, and the whole getting Duncan jealous thing it's hard to say if that was intended or just a necessary side product either way she didn't do anything to hurt Duncan

alagaesian

[106]Nov 15, 2009
    Difference: when Harold cheated Courtney off, he expressed that he felt remorse for his situation. When Courtney does mean things, she expresses no remorse whatsoever, not even on the private cams.

stalemate666

[107]Nov 15, 2009
    alagaesian wrote:
    Difference: when Harold cheated Courtney off, he expressed that he felt remorse for his situation. When Courtney does mean things, she expresses no remorse whatsoever, not even on the private cams.

He never expressed any remorse for voting her off, and like I said Courtney hasn't done anything to anyone that didn't deserve it, except for maybe the nailing Duncan in the nuts so many times, but the dude should learn the knee block seriously

LordGrievous

[108]Nov 15, 2009
    stalemate666 wrote:
    LordGrievous wrote:
    facebookfan wrote:
    LordGrievous wrote:
    stalemate666 wrote:
    LordGrievous wrote:

stalemate666 wrote:
    imverybasic wrote:

She's not half as bad as Heather, Heather target innocent ppl, and actually broke them up, Courtney targeted a guy who uses girls, and the whole getting Duncan jealous thing it's hard to say if that was intended or just a necessary side product either way she didn't do anything to hurt Duncan

Please Courtney was planning on using Beth to further goals and she took every chance to put Lindsay down.

LordGrievous

[109]Nov 15, 2009
    stalemate666 wrote:
    LordGrievous wrote:

stalemate666 wrote:
    alagaesian wrote:

One Courtney didn't make Harold do anything, she just told him that if he didn't vote Leshawna off he would be voted off, he choose to believe her and choose to vote her off to save his own ass, so one lie with motivation to either save her friend or improve her position versus Harold cheating an innocent person off the show out of spite for another person, Harolds was worse., also you don't know if Courtney did it to protect Duncan or strengthen her own position but usually when she uses someone she brags about it on the private cam, she hasn't done that with Duncan yet so I'm inclined to believe she cares about him and just won't admit it

Courtney tricked Harold into believing the LeShawna was gonna backstab him, Harold would have nothing else but to go for the money and save himself so really Courtney did force Harold into voting off LeShawna. and actually I do know that Courtney did it to save her position since Duncan pointed it out.

Edited on 11/15/2009 8:23pm

pixarprincess

[110]Nov 15, 2009
    Lemme see. Harold voted off Courtney LAST year to get back at Duncan. (Who just kept on harassing him). Then this season, Courtney tricked Harold into voting off the love of his life- well, one of them. As 2008: A Space Owen proved, there's still some hope for the H- bombs. But anyway, if you ask me I'd say those two are pretty much even at this point. Minus the fact that Harold knows something Courtney doesn't about Owen...

Or anyone else for that matter.

4EverGreen

[111]Nov 16, 2009
    • level: 44
    Courtney is just a power hungry Mary Sue type control freak antagonist with no regards as to who she hurts, how she wins, or who she insults! Losing in not in her vocabulary, and whenever she loses control of the situation, she goes all psycho and freaks out against everyone! How anyone can STILL support Courtney as not being as bad as Heather is out of their minds! At least Heather's villainy made sense; with the fact that she had a bad childhood, being fat and pimply and not being able to trust people ended up really shaping Heather to become the Queen Bee that she was in season one. But the only reason Courtney is being antagonistic is because Harold voted her off! And quite frankly, seeing as how despicable Courtney has become to Duncan, LaShawna, Justin, Lindsay, Harold, Beth, and even Chris himself at times, Harold's action in season one seems completely justifiable to me as a protagonistic act! So stop living on the Courtney bandwagon and wake up! Courtney doesn't deserve to get ANYTHING out of season two, she deserves to have Duncan dump her, have her PDA broken, and be forced to writhe in agony like the worm she really is! And I can't wait to see Beth making Courtney squirm! Justice will be swift and sure against Courtney, make no mistake about that! Enough said, true believers!

shishkabob999

[112]Nov 16, 2009
    • level: 9
    stalemate666 wrote:
    alagaesian wrote:

He never expressed any remorse for voting her off, and like I said Courtney hasn't done anything to anyone that didn't deserve it, except for maybe the nailing Duncan in the nuts so many times, but the dude should learn the knee block seriously

Harold: "Okay, I guess what I did to Courtney was pretty heinous" This would be easier to argue if you were watching Total Drama Island instead of Total Drama Courtney, which is in your mind on repeat.

stalemate666

[113]Nov 16, 2009
    LordGrievous wrote:
    stalemate666 wrote:
    LordGrievous wrote:
    facebookfan wrote:
    LordGrievous wrote:
    stalemate666 wrote:
    LordGrievous wrote:

stalemate666 wrote:
    imverybasic wrote:

Please Courtney was planning on using Beth to further goals and she took every chance to put Lindsay down.

Most people put Lindsey down, Courtney just does it to her face instead of behind her back and on the whole using Beth, Courtney let Beth use her to gain an alliance something Heather would never do

stalemate666

[114]Nov 16, 2009
    LordGrievous wrote:
    stalemate666 wrote:
    LordGrievous wrote:

stalemate666 wrote:
    alagaesian wrote:

Courtney tricked Harold into believing the LeShawna was gonna backstab him, Harold would have nothing else but to go for the money and save himself so really Courtney did force Harold into voting off LeShawna. and actually I do know that Courtney did it to save her position since Duncan pointed it out.

Harold had choices, he could of not believed Courtney, he could have talked to Leshawna but now he just voted her off to save his own ass based on the word of one person, all it took was one lie to turn him against her and again we don't know either way if she did it for Duncan or her position or both you ASSUME that she was just being selfish but you don't know

stalemate666

[116]Nov 16, 2009
    shishkabob999 wrote:
    stalemate666 wrote:
    alagaesian wrote:

Harold: "Okay, I guess what I did to Courtney was pretty heinous" This would be easier to argue if you were watching Total Drama Island instead of Total Drama Courtney, which is in your mind on repeat.

That's not remorse, that's just acknowledging it was a horrible thing to do, if justified it like half a second later, he never showed any remorse or made any effort to make amends

LordGrievous

[117]Nov 16, 2009
    stalemate666 wrote:
    LordGrievous wrote:
    stalemate666 wrote:
    LordGrievous wrote:

stalemate666 wrote:
    alagaesian wrote:

Harold had choices, he could of not believed Courtney, he could have talked to Leshawna but now he just voted her off to save his own ass based on the word of one person, all it took was one lie to turn him against her and again we don't know either way if she did it for Duncan or her position or both you ASSUME that she was just being selfish but you don't know

Actually it took more then the word of one person it also took that LeShawna has become untrustful and Courtney knew that.

And no I'm not assuming because Duncan went to her to convince Harold to vote LeShawna and Courtney was hesitate in doing it until Duncan mentioned that she can't keep winning immunity and since she knew the other girls were going to vote off her only ally.

LordGrievous

[118]Nov 16, 2009

stalemate666 wrote:
    shishkabob999 wrote:
    stalemate666 wrote:
    alagaesian wrote:
    That's not remorse, that's just acknowledging it was a horrible thing to do, if justified it like half a second later, he never showed any remorse or made any effort to make amends

Of course he didn't try to make amends, Courtney was looking to kill him.

alagaesian

[119]Nov 16, 2009
    stalemate666 wrote:
    LordGrievous wrote:
    stalemate666 wrote:
    LordGrievous wrote:

stalemate666 wrote:
    alagaesian wrote:

How can anyone choose not to believe something?...Opinion is the heart of all choices and thought, you can't just CHOOSE to shape it in a certain way.

Besides, Harold was willing to trust Courtney and give her the benefit of the doubt. The willingness to trust and forgive is a protagonistic quality. You seriously think Beth, LeShawna, or even Lindsay would have given Courtney a chance like that? No. They would have been too suspicious of her, too angry and agitated at her.

Again, how does finger-pointing at Harold make Courtney a protagonist?

Brodoin15

[120]Nov 16, 2009
    • level: 20

Courtney protagonist?

Might as well say the Joker is a protagonist.