We're moving Forums to the Community pages. Click here for more information and updates.

Who should cause Courtney's downfall?

Who should defeat Courtney?

pixarprincess

[81]Nov 13, 2009
    • level: 13
    If this season is anything like last season, and the final 2 IS Duncan and Beth (Which I hope it is now that Harold is gone) then those two will probably team up and take her down together in the semi finals.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

PinkEmo01

[82]Nov 14, 2009
    • level: 8
    pixarprincess wrote:
    If this season is anything like last season, and the final 2 IS Duncan and Beth (Which I hope it is now that Harold is gone) then those two will probably team up and take her down together in the semi finals.

I think its right Marla.
    Or like u said B4 they r messign with out heads
    wat if it ends up as DVSC

HaydenAvery

[83]Nov 14, 2009
    • level: 21
    they arent messing with are heads. they idioticly revealed the duncan and beth final 2 and quickly tried to cover it with the harold vs courtney final 2. arent they both being in the final 3 enough for you crazed courtney fans. who still like her after the way shes acted from the start? no duncan=no liking courtney.

pixarprincess

[84]Nov 14, 2009
    In my defense as a Courtney fan, I started watching the series, when they were already in the semi- finals, long after Courtney was unfairly voted off. I wasn't aware of how bad(insert a-word here) she was, or how people thought she was. The first time I saw her was my first viewing of "The Sucky Outdoors." She wasn't THAT bad, and she was already denying her love for Duncan, so I thought she was an O.K. character. And for whatever reason, I seem to like those sorts of antagonists, anyway, like Candace on Phineas and Ferb (Does anybody else think she and Courtney are alike?)

HaydenAvery

[85]Nov 14, 2009
    no. how are they alike?

pixarprincess

[86]Nov 14, 2009

Well...

1. They are both primary antagonists in their own series.

2. They are both in love with a boy (Jeremy for Candace, Duncan for Courtney.)

3. They seem to be both control freaks, as well as being uptight

4. They have musical talents, on vocals and instruments

5. They had some type of leadership experience (Courtney was a C.I.T., and Candace was once a lifeguard at Lake Nose.)

6. And a lot of people (In the real world, I mean) seem to HATE them. Excluding me, of course.

HaydenAvery

[87]Nov 14, 2009
    7. they are impssible to stand

point taken. but candace is always squealing over jeremy while courtney could care less of duncan.

imverybasic

[88]Nov 14, 2009
    • level: 16
    You make some good points, Pixar. But I don't think that Courtney and Candace are too much a like. Personally because, I just don't see Candace as a villain. Surely, she's a bit uptight and controlling, but she's mainly the goofball of the series; the one who gets the most poked fun at or has the most bad things happen to them (aside from Baljeet and Doofenshmirtz, Candace fits this description). Being annoying and having controlling tendecies is the farthest that Candace is ever going to get in terms of being evil. This defining trait contrasting from Courtney who is more ethnically challenged than Candace.

stalemate666

[89]Nov 15, 2009
    • level: 11
    imverybasic wrote:
    You make some good points, Pixar. But I don't think that Courtney and Candace are too much a like. Personally because, I just don't see Candace as a villain. Surely, she's a bit uptight and controlling, but she's mainly the goofball of the series; the one who gets the most poked fun at or has the most bad things happen to them (aside from Baljeet and Doofenshmirtz, Candace fits this description). Being annoying and having controlling tendecies is the farthest that Candace is ever going to get in terms of being evil. This defining trait contrasting from Courtney who is more ethnically challenged than Candace.

Same can be said for Courtney she isn't really a villain your just making her out to be one, Harold was more of a villain then Courtney

alagaesian

[90]Nov 15, 2009
    • level: 12
    ...explain to me what is not villainous about hurting others, even her own love interest, for money and prizes. Courtney's just one gigantic display of avarice. We don't really need to make her out to be a villain...she, in her own actions, clarifies and explains her antagonist role this season.

So, in my opinion, it is obvious that she needs a downfall because it makes her human. The writers of TDI and A seem to like turning their characters into living, breathing people.

By the way, Pixar, I can relate. I was a Courtney fan too until she went Sue-esque and started whining her head off this season.

LordGrievous

[91]Nov 15, 2009

stalemate666 wrote:
    imverybasic wrote:
    Same can be said for Courtney she isn't really a villain your just making her out to be one, Harold was more of a villain then Courtney

How is Courtney not a villain? Harold is not the one insulting people and threatening to sue everytime he doesn't get his way and using people just to backstab them later.

While Duncan isn't a villain, Owen isn't a villain, Courtney is definitely a villain.

stalemate666

[92]Nov 15, 2009
    alagaesian wrote:
    ...explain to me what is not villainous about hurting others, even her own love interest, for money and prizes. Courtney's just one gigantic display of avarice. We don't really need to make her out to be a villain...she, in her own actions, clarifies and explains her antagonist role this season.

So, in my opinion, it is obvious that she needs a downfall because it makes her human. The writers of TDI and A seem to like turning their characters into living, breathing people.

By the way, Pixar, I can relate. I was a Courtney fan too until she went Sue-esque and started whining her head off this season.

Yea I don't think Duncan was all that broken up or even cared, as for Justin he got a taste of his own medicine if anyone else did it to him you'd be praising them, and who else has she hurt? Harold voted off his love interest that's worse then what Courtney did to Duncan by far

stalemate666

[94]Nov 15, 2009
    LordGrievous wrote:

stalemate666 wrote:
    imverybasic wrote:

How is Courtney not a villain? Harold is not the one insulting people and threatening to sue everytime he doesn't get his way and using people just to backstab them later.

While Duncan isn't a villain, Owen isn't a villain, Courtney is definitely a villain.

Like I said, Harold voted off Leshawna to cover his own ass, he attacked Duncan when he was working with him peacefully and they were on a truce, he "thinks" he had two girls in the bag and still made a move on Beth, he cheated Courtney off the show last time when she had done nothing to him other then be brutally honest which she does to everyone and does come off as insults to more sensitive people, Courtney has done what? Whine a bit and get pissed when she was unfairly cheated off, yeah she's the next Hitler alright

alagaesian

[95]Nov 15, 2009
    • level: 12
    Let's see...badmouthed everyone in a thirty-foot radius, whacked her love interest in the kiwis with a guitar for no justifiable reason, tricked Harold into voting off his love interest, PLAYED A GUY FOR PERSONAL GAIN, and the list goes on...all for money and the personal satisfaction that comes from holding a degree of power over her peers.

I don't understand you you can call those acts not-villainous. All you do is throw up a shield and say that Harold did "worse" stuff. Okay. He's voted out. He won't win. How does Harold's "villainy" prove that Courtney won't experience a downfall?

LordGrievous

[96]Nov 15, 2009
    stalemate666 wrote:
    LordGrievous wrote:

stalemate666 wrote:
    imverybasic wrote:

Like I said, Harold voted off Leshawna to cover his own ass, he attacked Duncan when he was working with him peacefully and they were on a truce, he "thinks" he had two girls in the bag and still made a move on Beth, he cheated Courtney off the show last time when she had done nothing to him other then be brutally honest which she does to everyone and does come off as insults to more sensitive people, Courtney has done what? Whine a bit and get pissed when she was unfairly cheated off, yeah she's the next Hitler alright

Wait,wait,wait Beth was the one doing the hitting on Harold, and Harold payed for Courtney off TDI with her clubbing him with a lamp-post, And there is no reason Courtney should insult Lindsay for not being smart, threatening to sue to get an advantage does make her an antagonist and hitting Duncan in the jewels and bossing her partner(beth) around shows she's not a team player and would backstab anybody just to ger her way.

Are you really Crystalcoconut?

facebookfan

[97]Nov 15, 2009
    • level: 7
    LordGrievous wrote:
    stalemate666 wrote:
    LordGrievous wrote:

stalemate666 wrote:
    imverybasic wrote:

Wait,wait,wait Beth was the one doing the hitting on Harold, and Harold payed for Courtney off TDI with her clubbing him with a lamp-post, And there is no reason Courtney should insult Lindsay for not being smart, threatening to sue to get an advantage does make her an antagonist and hitting Duncan in the jewels and bossing her partner(beth) around shows she's not a team player and would backstab anybody just to ger her way.

i get your points but Harold voted off Courtney to spite Duncan because he pulled pranks on him, like the underwear sandwich incident. Harold voted off Leshawna because of "peer pressure" and was sorry for it. However, if Duncan was voted off (which is feel he will in "Top Dog") Courtney (probably) wouldn't feel any sort of emotion, though I could see Duncan in tears. and don't get angry at me but Courtney is just playing the game. though she clearly is the antagonist, she isn't as malicious like Heather was last season. i mean, though people bad talk Courtney no one cursed her off like Lindsay did, and she didn't set up someone (Trent) to be eliminated like Heather did with the fake letter and the kiss and such. i mean, what Heather did to Gwen and Trent was terrible, as well as her treatment of Lindsay and the others, but Courtney is not as bad as Heather was last season.

stalemate666

[98]Nov 15, 2009
    alagaesian wrote:
    Let's see...badmouthed everyone in a thirty-foot radius, whacked her love interest in the kiwis with a guitar for no justifiable reason, tricked Harold into voting off his love interest, PLAYED A GUY FOR PERSONAL GAIN, and the list goes on...all for money and the personal satisfaction that comes from holding a degree of power over her peers.

I don't understand you you can call those acts not-villainous. All you do is throw up a shield and say that Harold did "worse" stuff. Okay. He's voted out. He won't win. How does Harold's "villainy" prove that Courtney won't experience a downfall?

She does that to Duncan all the time, you didn't think it was so horrible the other 5 times, as for the badmouthing everyone has badmouthed her, and she's just bluntly honest, as for the tricking Harold what Harold did to Courtney was worse and she did it to protect Duncan not out of revenge, as for the using Justin thing, if it was anyone besides Justin I would agree but she just gave him a taste of his own medicine if anyone else did it you'd be singing praises about them and no it doesn't prove anything, I don't see Courtney as a villain, I don't see her as a Saint either, she's playing the game, she hasn't done anything to that bad and considering everyone hated her from the second she got back it's not like she betrayed anyone and isn't really hurting anyone that doesnt' deserve it (with the possible exception of Duncan, but that's been going on since season 1 lol, it's kinda their foreplay)

Skyancez

[99]Nov 15, 2009
    • level: 14

Beth and Owen form an alliance after Duncan wins immunity.

Both vote for Courtney, Courtney votes for Beth and Duncan for Owen once Duncan discovers his under-cover 'job' but nobody believes him, until the next episode.

Ya know, karma for Duncan.

stalemate666

[100]Nov 15, 2009
    facebookfan wrote:
    LordGrievous wrote:
    stalemate666 wrote:
    LordGrievous wrote:

stalemate666 wrote:
    imverybasic wrote:

i get your points but Harold voted off Courtney to spite Duncan because he pulled pranks on him, like the underwear sandwich incident. Harold voted off Leshawna because of "peer pressure" and was sorry for it. However, if Duncan was voted off (which is feel he will in "Top Dog") Courtney (probably) wouldn't feel any sort of emotion, though I could see Duncan in tears. and don't get angry at me but Courtney is just playing the game. though she clearly is the antagonist, she isn't as malicious like Heather was last season. i mean, though people bad talk Courtney no one cursed her off like Lindsay did, and she didn't set up someone (Trent) to be eliminated like Heather did with the fake letter and the kiss and such. i mean, what Heather did to Gwen and Trent was terrible, as well as her treatment of Lindsay and the others, but Courtney is not as bad as Heather was last season.

Are you kidding, you saw what Courtney did to make sure Duncan didn't get voted off, she cares about him she just hates to admit it and is uber competitive and as for her whacking Duncan in the nuts, she's been doing that since season 1, it's kinda their foreplay lol