We're moving Forums to the Community pages. Click here for more information and updates.

Who should cause Courtney's downfall?

Who should defeat Courtney?

bunica_flower

[41]Nov 1, 2009
    • level: 5
    How did you guys know that Duncan and Beth are in the final 2? Cause I read something from cakeentertainment.com and it says "Harold and Courtney have only just finished battling it out for the ultimate grand prize......." and it made me think that Harold and Courtney are in the final 2.

See for yourself:

http://www.cakeentertainment.com/flips/TDM/index.html
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

stalemate666

[42]Nov 2, 2009
    • level: 11
    bunica_flower wrote:
    How did you guys know that Duncan and Beth are in the final 2? Cause I read something from cakeentertainment.com and it says "Harold and Courtney have only just finished battling it out for the ultimate grand prize......." and it made me think that Harold and Courtney are in the final 2.

See for yourself:

http://www.cakeentertainment.com/flips/TDM/index.html

lol that same link started with beth and Harold then went Duncan and beth or something and now it's Courtney and Harold they're messing with us and your all lapping it up

animatiun_lover

[43]Nov 2, 2009
    • level: 2
    stalemate666 wrote:
    LordGrievous wrote:

stalemate666 wrote:
    I think Duncan is the only one that Courtney could stand losing to, by that I mean he's the only one that she considers to be worthwhile in anyway and losing to anyone else in anyway would just be an extremely, horrible pathetic failure on her part from her point of view anyways lol

Not really Courtney was mad when Duncan beat her at the guitar challenge, Courtney just can't stand losing to anyone no matter who they are.

Everythings relative, Courtney doesn't talk losing well, but you have to admit to her losing to Duncan is a million times better then losing to harold, owen, lidnsey or beth
    how so

Brodoin15

[44]Nov 2, 2009
    • level: 20

Courtney is there only to win. I, personally, think that she wouldn't take losing to Duncan well at all.

Especially if he is somehow involved in how she is eliminated.

A Harold and Courtney final two would be good for Harold fans, as well as people who just dislike Courtney, because it would be very likely that Harold would win.

However, it would be very obvious that Harold would win. And even if Courtney does pull a win out, it would anger a lot of fans. Overall, I'd like to see Harold win, but for him to go up against Courtney would be too obvious.

Edited on 11/02/2009 10:41am

stalemate666

[45]Nov 2, 2009
    animatiun_lover wrote:
    stalemate666 wrote:
    LordGrievous wrote:

stalemate666 wrote:
    I think Duncan is the only one that Courtney could stand losing to, by that I mean he's the only one that she considers to be worthwhile in anyway and losing to anyone else in anyway would just be an extremely, horrible pathetic failure on her part from her point of view anyways lol

Not really Courtney was mad when Duncan beat her at the guitar challenge, Courtney just can't stand losing to anyone no matter who they are.

Everythings relative, Courtney doesn't talk losing well, but you have to admit to her losing to Duncan is a million times better then losing to harold, owen, lidnsey or beth
    how so

Well in Courtneys eyes, Harold is the most pitiful spineless thing on the planet, Lindsey is the dumbest thing ever, owen is fat and worthless and beth is pathetic

stalemate666

[46]Nov 2, 2009
    Brodoin15 wrote:

Courtney is there only to win. I, personally, think that she wouldn't take losing to Duncan well at all.

Especially if he is somehow involved in how she is eliminated.

A Harold and Courtney final two would be good for Harold fans, as well as people who just dislike Courtney, because it would be very likely that Harold would win.

However, it would be very obvious that Harold would win. And even if Courtney does pull a win out, it would anger a lot of fans. Overall, I'd like to see Harold win, but for him to go up against Courtney would be too obvious.

Everyone said Gwen winning would be obvious... and she would take losing to Duncan ALOT better then losing to anyone else

animatiun_lover

[47]Nov 2, 2009
    • level: 2
    stalemate666 wrote:
    animatiun_lover wrote:
    stalemate666 wrote:
    LordGrievous wrote:

stalemate666 wrote:

how so
    Well in Courtneys eyes, Harold is the most pitiful spineless thing on the planet, Lindsey is the dumbest thing ever, owen is fat and worthless and beth is pathetic
    well maybe in courtneys eyes its better to lose to duncan but to us the viewers (or me anyways lol) it would be better if she lost to one of the people she put down so much. that would definitely be interesting especiallyif it was beth. and u know for the most part shes right (except for beth)

pixarprincess

[48]Nov 2, 2009
    • level: 13
    Is this thread really neccessary? I understand Courtney's not exactly a fan favorite, but what do you want to happen to her? Have someone pull a Carrie White on her or something?
    But if they must, anyone but Duncan. It would have to be someone everyone least expects to do something like that. Then...
    She's gonna fall BIG and LOOUUUUD! (Holds note for seven measures)

shishkabob999

[49]Nov 2, 2009
    • level: 9
    pixarprincess wrote:
    Is this thread really neccessary? I understand Courtney's not exactly a fan favorite, but what do you want to happen to her? Have someone pull a Carrie White on her or something?
    But if they must, anyone but Duncan. It would have to be someone everyone least expects to do something like that. Then...
    She's gonna fall BIG and LOOUUUUD! (Holds note for seven measures)

You just demonstrated why this thread is necessary: people are waiting and holding their breath for her to fall.

alagaesian

[50]Nov 2, 2009
    • level: 12
    I think I'm the only one in existence who got the 'Big and Loud' reference.

Like I said, when they have her fall heavily influences who is going to beat her. People are constantly getting voted off - after a while, the choices of who can beat her get smaller and smaller. After this latest episode, Lindsay is out of the question.

imverybasic

[51]Nov 2, 2009
    • level: 16
    I agree. It has to be someone least expected. I'll admit that having Duncan cause her downfall would provide a huge strain on their relationship, and thus brings a lot more drama to the show. But it would be too obvious. Before Lindsay's elimination, I thought of her to be the perfect candidate to knock Courtney down to size, like she did to Heather last year. But since Lindsay's no longer here, I would vote for Harold. Despite his tampering with the votes, and aside from Duncan, Harold has a bone to pick with Courtney. With Courtney as the overachiever and Harold the underdog, this would be his time to shine and his chance to get back at her. Although, the only time that I could see Harold having the right chance to give Courtney her comuppance would have to come from an unannounced moment (it doesn't have to happen in the finals, per se). Courtney would have to feel vulnerable or a moment of weakness for Harold or another underdog to trick her. Courtney could pull a Lindsay and vote herself off, but she would have to be completely sidetracked for it to happen.

LordGrievous

[52]Nov 2, 2009

imverybasic wrote:
    I agree. It has to be someone least expected. I'll admit that having Duncan cause her downfall would provide a huge strain on their relationship, and thus brings a lot more drama to the show. But it would be too obvious. Before Lindsay's elimination, I thought of her to be the perfect candidate to knock Courtney down to size, like she did to Heather last year. But since Lindsay's no longer here, I would vote for Harold. Despite his tampering with the votes, and aside from Duncan, Harold has a bone to pick with Courtney. With Courtney as the overachiever and Harold the underdog, this would be his time to shine and his chance to get back at her. Although, the only time that I could see Harold having the right chance to give Courtney her comuppance would have to come from an unannounced moment (it doesn't have to happen in the finals, per se). Courtney would have to feel vulnerable or a moment of weakness for Harold or another underdog to trick her. Courtney could pull a Lindsay and vote herself off, but she would have to be completely sidetracked for it to happen.

But Harold shouldn't really have a bone to pick with Courtney since he was the one who got her voted off for no reason other to tick off Duncan.

Owen on the other hand could pull it off because it would be ironic since she was the reason why he got voted off in the first place and he ended up coming back with the reason she did(even though Owen didn't really want to sue).

Beth might be a good choice too since Courtney kept insulting Lindsay, though if Beth keeps going after Courtney's PDA, Courtney might end being Beth's downfall.

stalemate666

[53]Nov 2, 2009
    LordGrievous wrote:

imverybasic wrote:

But Harold shouldn't really have a bone to pick with Courtney since he was the one who got her voted off for no reason other to tick off Duncan.

Owen on the other hand could pull it off because it would be ironic since she was the reason why he got voted off in the first place and he ended up coming back with the reason she did(even though Owen didn't really want to sue).

Beth might be a good choice too since Courtney kept insulting Lindsay, though if Beth keeps going after Courtney's PDA, Courtney might end being Beth's downfall.

I still say she has a shot at winning, and if they do make her fall their going to make it her own fault obviously, how has no1 seen that yet?

alagaesian

[54]Nov 2, 2009
    ...because it's very possible that remaining characters have the ability and motive to take revenge?

Of course, Courtney has already, in a way, caused her own demise. Her nasty attitude has caused a resentment of increasing intensity within her castmates. If she wasn't screaming at them, or bossing them around, or acting like a snob, do you really think they'd hate her as much as they do? No, of course not. If she was a little nicer to them, she wouldn't NEED to win invincibility every single round, as they would be less willing to vote her off. But now that she's gone ahead and made everyone angry at her, there WILL be attempts to knock her off the throne if she gives them a chance.

By the way, I would like to point out that Courtney is not invincible. She just happens to have a set of talents that have been particularly useful in recent challenges. For instance, she has both the physical strength and the insanity potential to destroy a hotel room. But, that simply means that a slight change in the nature of the challenge can easily allow another competitor to win. For instance, lets say that every competitor is trapped in an individual room. If the walls are strong enough, Courtney can't bust out of them. If there is a lock on the door out, then Harold can win. If there is delicious-smelling food right outside the room, then Owen can win. If the only way they can get out is by asking Chris nicely, then Beth can possibly win. All easily-manipulated factors.

stalemate666

[55]Nov 2, 2009
    alagaesian wrote:
    ...because it's very possible that remaining characters have the ability and motive to take revenge?

Of course, Courtney has already, in a way, caused her own demise. Her nasty attitude has caused a resentment of increasing intensity within her castmates. If she wasn't screaming at them, or bossing them around, or acting like a snob, do you really think they'd hate her as much as they do? No, of course not. If she was a little nicer to them, she wouldn't NEED to win invincibility every single round, as they would be less willing to vote her off. But now that she's gone ahead and made everyone angry at her, there WILL be attempts to knock her off the throne if she gives them a chance.

By the way, I would like to point out that Courtney is not invincible. She just happens to have a set of talents that have been particularly useful in recent challenges. For instance, she has both the physical strength and the insanity potential to destroy a hotel room. But, that simply means that a slight change in the nature of the challenge can easily allow another competitor to win. For instance, lets say that every competitor is trapped in an individual room. If the walls are strong enough, Courtney can't bust out of them. If there is a lock on the door out, then Harold can win. If there is delicious-smelling food right outside the room, then Owen can win. If the only way they can get out is by asking Chris nicely, then Beth can possibly win. All easily-manipulated factors.

Oh god your one of those, you think just because someone isn't popular they must be evil right? They never liked Courtney from the start, sure she was a little bossy but compared to other things that they've let slide from other ppl they are just being unfair to her and always have been and would probably vote her off no matter how nice she tried to be just because she's back on the show halfway through We actually haven't seen Courtney in a locked room situation so we don't know that Harold would win, and if they made the walls strong enough Owen wouldn't win either, and Courtney has been known to shallow her bride when she must so unless the whole challenge is getting out of the room (which would be far too lame for the show) Courtney is still in the game

alagaesian

[56]Nov 3, 2009
    ...Shall we re-watch the episode?

No one disliked Courtney at the start of Ocean's Eight or Nine. They DID start to dislike her, however, when she started bossing them around and screaming at them. Then, as Courtney's Rules came through and Courtney's bossiness and whining slowly got worse, their dislike of her grew accordingly. So, I'm guessing that her bossiness and whining are what have caused the others to dislike her. It's her fault for digging herself into that hole, which is what makes her attitude her own demise.

And, honestly, I don't think Courtney is able to swallow her pride.

The locked room thing was just an example. The challenges are easily manipulated by the writers so that they can effectively choose a person to win. If you need more evidence for this, look at TDI. Despite the fact that none of them are particularly strong or smart, Heather, Gwen and LeShawna tended to ALWAYS win immunity. This needed to happen for plot reasons, so no one could vote them off. Now Courtney is winning for plot reasons.

stalemate666

[57]Nov 3, 2009
    alagaesian wrote:
    ...Shall we re-watch the episode?

No one disliked Courtney at the start of Ocean's Eight or Nine. They DID start to dislike her, however, when she started bossing them around and screaming at them. Then, as Courtney's Rules came through and Courtney's bossiness and whining slowly got worse, their dislike of her grew accordingly. So, I'm guessing that her bossiness and whining are what have caused the others to dislike her. It's her fault for digging herself into that hole, which is what makes her attitude her own demise.

And, honestly, I don't think Courtney is able to swallow her pride.

The locked room thing was just an example. The challenges are easily manipulated by the writers so that they can effectively choose a person to win. If you need more evidence for this, look at TDI. Despite the fact that none of them are particularly strong or smart, Heather, Gwen and LeShawna tended to ALWAYS win immunity. This needed to happen for plot reasons, so no one could vote them off. Now Courtney is winning for plot reasons.

What are you talking about they hated her the second she came back, chis made sure of it with the new rules, remember her team trying to vote her off even though they weren't allowed, and even if she was nice they would of tried to vote her off if they could, Lindsey and Beth were still under Justins control and they were friends with Owen

stephdumas

[58]Nov 3, 2009
    • level: 10

Maybe her downfall could be when she win. By watching Beth who's comforted to Brady (who could exist for real), she discovered then winning the million doesn't make you lots of friends and decide to share the million with the others as a way to find redemption and to start a new journey in Total Drama Musical. When we check the pic of Courtney helping Sierra with Gwen, Heather and Cody for climbing the statue of Liberty in NYC in Cake's TDM note, she smiled. Maybe just maybe, she might found some redemption between TDA and TDM.

LordGrievous

[59]Nov 3, 2009
    stephdumas wrote:

Maybe her downfall could be when she win. By watching Beth who's comforted to Brady (who could exist for real), she discovered then winning the million doesn't make you lots of friends and decide to share the million with the others as a way to find redemption and to start a new journey in Total Drama Musical. When we check the pic of Courtney helping Sierra with Gwen, Heather and Cody for climbing the statue of Liberty in NYC in Cake's TDM note, she smiled. Maybe just maybe, she might found some redemption between TDA and TDM.

yeah right! Courtney left Duncan for the money in TDDDI, so of course she wouldn't give up the money to anyone.

stalemate666

[60]Nov 3, 2009
    LordGrievous wrote:
    stephdumas wrote:

yeah right! Courtney left Duncan for the money in TDDDI, so of course she wouldn't give up the money to anyone.

We don't know that she was going to cut him out, we just know she wasn't going to wait for him to get up