We're moving Forums to the Community pages. Click here for more information and updates.

Does Harold deserve to be picked on by Duncan and Courtney so much?

Does Harold deserve to be picked on so much?

PintheDog

[241]Oct 3, 2009
    • level: 29
    Brodoin15 wrote:
    In fact, in the newest episode, she said in the confessional that she'll use her lawyers to make sure she wins the million dollars.

No, she said she'd use them to make sure Leshawna DIDN'T win.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

alagaesian

[242]Oct 3, 2009
    • level: 12
    Actually, she said LeShawna wouldn't win in Dial M for Merger.

She said that she'll use her lawyers to win the million in Super Hero-ld, right before she called them and got an out-of-office reply.

Brodoin15

[243]Oct 3, 2009
    • level: 20

I know she won't win, but the fact that she is willing to use those lawyers to try to advance herself, while the others do it on their own, makes me think of Courtney as low.

She doesn't deserve to win.

They both have done well in challenge, no doubt, but at least when Harold is losing he doesn't call, or at least attempt to call, lawyers to get the game or challenge to go into his favor, like Courtney does.

Whether or not Courtney does do good in challenge, she still has an unfair advantage in the game.

Edited on 10/03/2009 9:17am

Diddy_2000

[245]Oct 3, 2009
    • level: 8
    Brodoin15 wrote:

I know she won't win, but the fact that she is willing to use those lawyers to try to advance herself, while the others do it on their own, makes me think of Courtney as low.

They both have done well in challenge, no doubt, but at least when Harold is losing he doesn't call, or at least attempt to call, lawyers to get the game or challenge to go into his favor, like Courtney does.

Whether or not Courtney does do good in challenge, she still has an unfair advantage in the game.

....Harold doesn't HAVE lawyers nor a reason to sue.

If the other campers did don't u think they have used them?

Of course they would.

imverybasic

[246]Oct 3, 2009
    • level: 16

I'm still not convinced that/how people say how superior Courtney is in challenges when she can't even get by them on her own. Whenever her team earned a victory in TDI, Courtney took credit for it. She made it look like she did the most contributing, when all her victories were simply due to the hard work of her other teammates. She may have gotten Cody out in the dodgeball game, but that's the only thing that I can give her credit for. Then again, this wouldn't have happened without Courtney using Harold as a shield (in the first place). This alone makes her inferior to Harold.

Bottom line: Being given three course meals, a comforter and a PDA with other built in features (i.e., GPS) doesn't make you superior. It makes you inferior-- and yes, I'm talking about in TDA. Courtney has not once shown us that she could get herself out of a situation on her own. Plain and simple.

Edited on 10/03/2009 3:35pm

Riankg

[247]Oct 3, 2009
    • level: 6
    We're talking about Courtney in TDI, am I wrong?

Cause everyone can see how Courtney is doing since episode 14.

14 - Won her fight versus Duncan
    15 - Won her fight versus Duncan
    16 - Won the first challenge..won the reward.
    17 - Won the second challenge.

imverybasic

[248]Oct 3, 2009
    I was comparing her from both seasons.

Diddy_2000

[249]Oct 3, 2009
    imverybasic wrote:
    I was comparing her from both seasons.

What advantage did she had in Episode 16 and 17?

Brodoin15

[250]Oct 3, 2009
    Diddy_2000 wrote:
    Brodoin15 wrote:

....Harold doesn't HAVE lawyers nor a reason to sue. If the other campers did don't u think they have used them? Of course they would.

You don't know if they would or not.

It's still a major unfair, and somewhat cheating, advantage toward Courtney. That's true no matter what you say.

Brodoin15

[251]Oct 3, 2009

(Sorry for the double post.)

Besides, even if the others did abuse lawyers' power, the point is they don't, and Courtney does. Thus, it is unfair, and is a form of cheating.

BrainMan820

[252]Oct 3, 2009

How, exactly, do Courtney's lawyers help her win challenges. In fact, during the last two episodes, it made a point of showing that Courtney did NOT have their suppor, and yet, she did it anyway.

Courtney defeated Duncan, who is viewed by all the other competitors, as strong, twice using her own ruthless talents, not her lawyers. Further, she won invincibility in Super Hero-ld, again, without her lawyers. All of these prove Courtney is superior in the challenges.

I'm not sure why plot comparisions are being discussed. These characters are not real. What they do for plot is irrelevant.

imverybasic

[253]Oct 3, 2009

Diddy_2000 wrote:

My comparison was before episode 17.

She did win the reward in the first part of the challenge in episode 16, but needed the wirecutters to cut the wires, which is perfectly understandable but everyone else used brute strength, while Courtney waited for Lindsay to finish using them. I admit that Courtney won the first part of the challenge all on her own, but having everyone else preoccupied with something else gave her more of the advantage.

Edited on 10/03/2009 9:03pm

Diddy_2000

[254]Oct 4, 2009
    imverybasic wrote:

Diddy_2000 wrote:

She did win the reward in the first part of the challenge in episode 16, but needed the wirecutters to cut the wires, which is perfectly understandable but everyone else used brute strength, while Courtney waited for Lindsay to finish using them. I admit that Courtney won the first part of the challenge all on her own, but having everyone else preoccupied with something else gave her more of the advantage.

Hmm strange when Harold has a chance to do something when Courtney doesn't you never mention it...

BrainMan820

[255]Oct 4, 2009
    imverybasic wrote:

Diddy_2000 wrote:

This is pretty stupid. They were Courtney's wire-cutters to begin with. Why wouldn't she use them once Lindsay was finished with them.

Brodoin15

[256]Oct 4, 2009
    BrainMan820 wrote:

How, exactly, do Courtney's lawyers help her win challenges. In fact, during the last two episodes, it made a point of showing that Courtney did NOT have their suppor, and yet, she did it anyway.

Courtney defeated Duncan, who is viewed by all the other competitors, as strong, twice using her own ruthless talents, not her lawyers. Further, she won invincibility in Super Hero-ld, again, without her lawyers. All of these prove Courtney is superior in the challenges.

I'm not sure why plot comparisions are being discussed. These characters are not real. What they do for plot is irrelevant.

Well, from what I can tell, Duncan spent his part in the challenge off-guard because he was against Courtney. He didn't want to seem like he'd let her win, like Trent did for Gwen, and mess up anything. He obviously didn't want to fight her, so he didn't give it his full.

As for the superhero challenge, yes Courtney did well, but so did Harold. He came in second place by only a few seconds. In fact, had he not stopped to talk after he saved the "girl" from falling out of the tower, he may have won. I don't know for sure, but seeing as he only lost by a few seconds, it seems likely.

And even though her lawyers may not be doing anything, my point was is that she is trying to use them. Whenever something doesn't go her way, Courtney tries to call them to change the rules for her. And as I said before, she openly said she plans to use the lawyers to make sure she wins. She's cheating the system. It may not be working, but the thing is she's trying to, while all the others are doing it on their own, with no outside help.

shishkabob999

[257]Oct 4, 2009
    • level: 9
    Brodoin15 wrote:
    As for the superhero challenge, yes Courtney did well, but so did Harold. He came in second place by only a few seconds. In fact, had he not stopped to talk after he saved the "girl" from falling out of the tower, he may have won. I don't know for sure, but seeing as he only lost by a few seconds, it seems likely.
    But that's the reason why Courtney's been doing so well in challenges, aside from her lawyers and her advantages: she's hypercompetitive. In Million Bucks BC and in Million Dollar Babies, she is focused singularly on winning ("I'm a fit and well-coiffed little bundle of pure competiton"), whereas Duncan was too busy pulling a Trent. And in the superhero one, as you mentioned, she flew through while Harold was distracted.

This might be her downfall, though, when in Ocean's Eight or Nine she talks about how she "won't be second place".

Brodoin15

[258]Oct 4, 2009

True.

But still, Courtney had a good state of mind in the sports challenge against Duncan. Duncan wasn't thinking straight, and he probably would have won had he actually tried. (Or, at least, put up a good fight.) I think it may have been the same for Harold in that challenge, he was caught off-guard by Lindsay.

But as for the superhero challenge, even though Courtney won you can't call her the superior, better player, as Harold has a pretty close second place. It's not like she was 10 laps ahead, so to speak. It was only a few seconds. If anything, she won because Harold got too into his character.

Diddy_2000

[259]Oct 4, 2009
    Brodoin15 wrote:

True.

But still, Courtney had a good state of mind in the sports challenge against Duncan. Duncan wasn't thinking straight, and he probably would have won had he actually tried. (Or, at least, put up a good fight.) I think it may have been the same for Harold in that challenge, he was caught off-guard by Lindsay.

But as for the superhero challenge, even though Courtney won you can't call her the superior, better player, as Harold has a pretty close second place. It's not like she was 10 laps ahead, so to speak. It was only a few seconds. If anything, she won because Harold got too into his character.

...Dude you are now trying too desperate to make Harold seem better.

You have not made one good point you really haven't.

Yes she is TRYING to cheat but she isn't.

She fairly won the challenges.

When it comes to who is better or who is worse why do you always look at what Harold would, could, almost, should have did?

It is because you trying too hard to make it look like Harold is better when he isn't and you are doing a really bad job at hiding it.

If you want to look at who is a better player look at what the actually DID.

BrainMan is obviously winning this debate you know? Because he actually brings up good points.

Brodoin15

[260]Oct 4, 2009
    Diddy_2000 wrote:
    Brodoin15 wrote:

True.

...Dude you are now trying too desperate to make Harold seem better. You have not made one good point you really haven't. Yes she is TRYING to cheat but she isn't. She fairly won the challenges. When it comes to who is better or who is worse why do you always look at what Harold would, could, almost, should have did? It is because you trying too hard to make it look like Harold is better when he isn't and you are doing a really bad job at hiding it. If you want to look at who is a better player look at what the actually DID. BrainMan is obviously winning this debate you know? Because he actually brings up good points.

I'm not being desperate. I'm just trying to show that Courtney is not superior to everyone else. Besides, you are the one who says he has proof of what happens, but does not provide it.

How is trying to cheat not a bad thing? She is willing to cheat her way past the rules of the game, yet that does not lose anything? The fact that she is even trying should be enough. She has those rules, right? That's not fair for the rest. She even got into the game in which she shouldn't have.

I am not looking at what Harold may have, or would have done right now. Chris said Harold made a really good time. Courtney beat him by what, a few seconds? Had he not stopped and talked to himself, he probably would have shaved off a few more seconds. Therefore, it is very likely that if he didn't stop, he would have made better time than Courtney. Or, at least, it would have been very close.

Someone should just ask the creators who is meant to be better.

Edited on 10/04/2009 11:39am