We're moving Forums to the Community pages. Click here for more information and updates.

Does Harold deserve to be picked on by Duncan and Courtney so much?

Does Harold deserve to be picked on so much?

TDMe

[201]Jul 11, 2009
    • level: 7

Well i guess that if you switch votes to get rid of an inocent person in revenge of someone,Then he must have a heart

Nice Logic

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

CrystalCoconut

[202]Jul 11, 2009
    • level: 11
    Ok....

1. Courtney IS meaner then Harold no doubt about it.
    2. Harold talks about his "skills" a whole lot more then Courtney talks about being a C.I.T.
    3. They are both annoying.
    Alright?

stalemate666

[203]Jul 11, 2009
    • level: 11
    Where have we seen Harold being nice? Courtney was nice in the first episode I never remember Harold being nice, just a pain and in the way and annoying

TDMe

[204]Jul 11, 2009
    • level: 7
    first thing harold did was offend lashawna

imverybasic

[205]Jul 11, 2009
    • level: 16
    It wasn't on purpose. He was afraid and didn't know what to say to her.

NejiShikamaru

[206]Jul 11, 2009
    • level: 13
    Harold has been nice several times during TDA, helping Heather when she was caught in the wires in Riot on the Set, he befriended Heather in TDDDI, he tried to cheer DJ on in Riot on the Set.

BrainMan820

[207]Jul 11, 2009

When it comes down to it, Harold is inferiorto Courtney in almost all respects. Courtney helped Duncan and the team in the challenges several times. Most people who think Harold is superior merely think he single-handedly won the dodgeball tournament (untrue, Harold did less then practically any on their team. It may have been the final ball, but it was only one) and the beatboxing. Whereas Courtney's failures stem from not jumping off the cliff (which wasn't even the challenge, building the hot tub was) and not jumping into the green jelly (useless, as their team would have lost anyway even if she succeeded)

As for "CIT" versus "mad skillz" it's Harold who speaks more of his skills then Courtney mentions CIT. He always used to do this and he still ends up failing. A synopsis of their challenge performances was already done before, and the only challenge that could be compared in TDA is Ocean's, since that's the only challenge Courtney's been in, and she's still superior to Harold here (Duncan was the one who built and drove the car, Harold did nothing but argue with Heather, Courtney at least whipped the team into attempting to win. The failure of the Grips to win was not the fault of Courtney.)

Frankly, there's little anyone can say about Harold being the superior camper. The Napoleon Dynamite ripoff even has less personality then Courtney.

HaydenAvery

[208]Sep 27, 2009
    • level: 21
    wow that post is so untrue its not funny.

Riankg

[209]Sep 27, 2009
    • level: 6
    HaydenAvery wrote:

Well if this is comming from a Courtney hater and a Harold lover of course you would say that. But what he said is right Courtney is better then Harold in the challenges.

HaydenAvery

[210]Sep 27, 2009
    • level: 21
    wow that statement is also not true.

Riankg

[211]Sep 27, 2009
    Why not?

Let's do this: You try to prove why I'm wrong and I will will show you my point of view.

My statement is that Courtney is way better in the challenges than Harold.

So now prove why I'm wrong.

n5d25d90

[212]Sep 27, 2009
    • level: 8
    Riankg wrote:
    HaydenAvery wrote:

Well if this is comming from a Courtney hater and a Harold lover of course you would say that. But what he said is right Courtney is better then Harold in the challenges.

Actually, I too like Harold and am not very fond of Courtney (though I respect her to some degree). So... "of course", huh? ...No, it's not "of course". Why? Because I have to say, a lot of what Brain said makes sense.

In other words, Hayden's views do not reflect all Harold fans' views.

BrainMan820

[213]Sep 27, 2009

Hayden, I have provided many reasons as to why Harold is the inferior camper. His victories are overhyped, his failures (like burning the oars in "Up The Creek", dropping the flags in "X-Treme Torture Challenge") are ignored.

If you think I am telling a lie, explain how. And not just "You're telling a lie." Back it up with facts. Show us irrefutable evidence that Harold is the superior camper. Because breaking down the challenges puts Courtney in the superior light.

alagaesian

[214]Sep 28, 2009
    • level: 12
    It depends on what you mean by 'better'.

Harold is better at the weird challenges. Picking locks, beatboxing, figure skating.

Courtney is better at the raw, physical, adrenaline-pumping challenges. Wrestling, aerobic flips, running a race car down a hill.

And Harold, in my opinion, has a better moral standing than Courtney.

Riankg

[215]Sep 28, 2009
    n5d25d90 wrote:
    Riankg wrote:
    HaydenAvery wrote:

Actually, I too like Harold and am not very fond of Courtney (though I respect her to some degree). So... "of course", huh? ...No, it's not "of course". Why? Because I have to say, a lot of what Brain said makes sense.

Ohh sorry..i didnt want to say for everyone who likes harold and hates courtney..but in Hayden's case it's different because he doesnt accept the others oppinion.

Diddy_2000

[216]Sep 28, 2009
    It is strange how people think Harold by himself won the dodgeball challenge when all he really did was get one person out.

alagaesian

[217]Sep 29, 2009
    • level: 12
    It's strange that people think that Courtney won the dodgeball challenge when all she really did was threaten to vote Duncan off. His strategy fell apart in the last round anyways, which is why Harold was even needed.

Basically, the Bass wouldn't have won the challenge if either one of them had been absent. So, it's a tie.

n5d25d90

[218]Sep 29, 2009
    Riankg wrote:
    n5d25d90 wrote:
    Riankg wrote:
    HaydenAvery wrote:

Ohh sorry..i didnt want to say for everyone who likes harold and hates courtney..but in Hayden's case it's different because he doesnt accept the others oppinion.

It's fine. I just didn't want Harold fans to get a bad name here, so I stepped in. XD

To everyone else, can't we just say the dodgeball event was a team effort and leave it at that?

Riankg

[219]Sep 29, 2009
    n5d25d90 wrote:
    Riankg wrote:
    n5d25d90 wrote:
    Riankg wrote:
    HaydenAvery wrote:

It's fine. I just didn't want Harold fans to get a bad name here, so I stepped in. XD

To everyone else, can't we just say the dodgeball event was a team effort and leave it at that?

I agree... everyone from the Bass helped in that challenge...maybe ones helped more but others helped too..at least tried to help. Harold well during most of the game didnt help a lot but he made them win. BUT if the other members of his team didnt won the two first rounds he wouldnt make them win so it was a team effort.

BrainMan820

[220]Sep 29, 2009

alagaesian wrote:
    It's strange that people think that Courtney won the dodgeball challenge when all she really did was threaten to vote Duncan off. His strategy fell apart in the last round anyways, which is why Harold was even needed. Basically, the Bass wouldn't have won the challenge if either one of them had been absent. So, it's a tie.

Not necessarily. Harold still only got one camper out. Courtney got out at least four. Duncan's strategy was directly responsible for two rounds of victory, which was impossible without Courtney.

Basically, no matter how you look at it, Courtney was superior to Harold in respect to winning dodgeball. So was Duncan, DJ, Geoff, and Katie. Tyler and Sadie were definitely worse, and Bridgette could be a toss-up (she won the 4th round, but she did get thrown out a lot). Who on the Bass would be ruthless enough to coerce Duncan into participating? By contrast, who else could have thrown out Owen? More people would have been able to throw out Owen.