We're moving Forums to the Community pages. Click here for more information and updates.

Does Harold deserve to be picked on by Duncan and Courtney so much?

Does Harold deserve to be picked on so much?

alagaesian

[121]Jul 6, 2009
    • level: 12
    NejiShikamaru wrote:
    Courtney's role in the show is to give Duncan a partner, Gwen has Trent, Owen and Izzy, etc. All of the main characters in the show pretty much have relationships. Duncan's personality is the opposite of Courtney's, so they stuck them together. Heather doesn't have one since she was a villain, and Beth/Justin is just Justin's way of having an alliance.

Courtney was just there for Duncan I believe.

But now, on a certain level, her character has grown outside of the role that was originally designed for her. She's still Duncan's girl, but now she's an overly competitive lawyer monster who's going to trash a lot of people's dreams of a million bucks.

Actually, that's one of the reasons why I started liking Courtney in the first place. She's gotten an entertaining role.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

CrystalCoconut

[122]Jul 6, 2009
    • level: 11
    NejiShikamaru wrote:
    Courtney not jumping into the jelly cost them, Chris would have tripled their points but she still wouldn't. At least DJ faced the snake.

Had the Bass gotten there first with the carts, it would have been the same thing that the Gophers had, teamwork, cooperation, etc. The Bass were so exhausted that they were scrounging up what they could while the Gophers were taking their time with a sizable lead.

Courtney never won any challenges. Harold won 2 for the Bass. Courtney is not a better player than Harold, and only Duncan really likes her out of everyone. At least some people will be nice to Harold, Duncan even admitted he likes a part of Harold.

Sry u are so wrong
    1. Episode 1 Nothing
    2. Harold Wins 1-0
    3. Courtney Wins 1-1 Courtney gets farther
    4. Tied Courtney got Duncan in and Harold got one person out
    I think Courtney's 30% credit for Duncan should be even for Harold getting one person out
    5. Harold Wins 2-1
    6. Tied 2-1 Both did nothing
    7. Tied 2-1 Both did not face fears
    8. Courtney Wins 2-2 Harold burnt the oars
    9. Tied 2-2 Harold shot the deer and Courtney was a deer that avoided all the Gopher deers that not one was close to getting her out
    10. Courtney Wins Harold couldnt do anything cuz of Duncan 2-3
    11. Harold wins 3-3
    12. Courtney wins 3-4

I think This comparison Is VERY fair
    I dont think Im giving Harold or Courtney any extra credit in this one.
    I truly think its fair
    Anyone wanna disagree?

TBMSFriday

[123]Jul 6, 2009
    • level: 9
    CrystalCoconut wrote:
    TBMSFriday wrote:
    alagaesian wrote:
    My guesses (emphasis on 'guess') why people bash Harold:

-They see him as overrated
    -They hate that he got rid of Courtney
    -They're generally annoyed with his character
    -They're annoyed with how much screen time he's getting
    -Courtney is on one side of the vote-switching conflict, and Harold is on the other. They like her side over his, and are trying to defeat him.

I can't say anything from personal experience. I like him, frankly, but I also like Courtney.

Yeah, those are some key reasons...

Why can't we all just like Harold AND Courtney like I do? Then again, defensive Courtney fangirls are very entertaining.....

and fanboys

Yeah..I guess...

POWER TO THE COURTNEY FANBOYS!

Proof that you don't need to be a chick to be a fangirl...

CrystalCoconut

[124]Jul 6, 2009
    imverybasic wrote:

Right again. And you're just saying that Harold wouldn't have eliminated anyone in the dodgeball game. That's not true considering he knew how to dodge and catch a fastball. Courtney couldn't do that. She couldn't even get Heather or Owen out. She wasn't even prepared for Gwen's ball. So... yep, Harold could get a lot more people out.

I hate to upset Courtney fans, but honestly, she's not as good as everyone else makes her out to be. She tries hard but it's like Neij said. She costed two challenges. There's the hot tub challenge, where her leadership skills messed up everything and the phobia challenge. She alone didn't cost the phobia challenge, but she ended up on the bottom two for a reason. The Bass had an opportunity to have the lead and Courtney messed it up. So it actually doesn't matter whether or not she costed the challenge singlehandedly since she ended up costing a major part of it. It actually should have been her instead of Tyler.

Actually
    Courtney threw the ball Owen caught Courtney got out.
    Harold sucked a millioon times worse then that.
    That was the first game.
    They lose again in a game Courtney wasn't in.
    Courtney's tell's everyone 2 get Duncan.
    Courtney gets All the ppl out for 2 games with catch the new game
    FINAL GAME TIME
    Courtney got Cody out
    Then Courtney got out by game by gwen.
    Harold got on person out in the end.
    Still dont find it as a win

CrystalCoconut

[125]Jul 6, 2009
    TBMSFriday wrote:
    CrystalCoconut wrote:
    TBMSFriday wrote:
    alagaesian wrote:

-Courtney is on one side of the vote-switching conflict, and Harold is on the other. They like her side over his, and are trying to defeat him.

I can't say anything from personal experience. I like him, frankly, but I also like Courtney.

Why can't we all just like Harold AND Courtney like I do? Then again, defensive Courtney fangirls are very entertaining.....

and fanboys

Yeah..I guess...

HA HA HA
    I love these debates on whos better.
    I like 2 proove to ppl how much Bridgette and DJ sucked as well

imverybasic

[126]Jul 6, 2009
    • level: 16
    CrystalCoconut wrote:
    imverybasic wrote:

Right again. And you're just saying that Harold wouldn't have eliminated anyone in the dodgeball game. That's not true considering he knew how to dodge and catch a fastball. Courtney couldn't do that. She couldn't even get Heather or Owen out. She wasn't even prepared for Gwen's ball. So... yep, Harold could get a lot more people out.

I hate to upset Courtney fans, but honestly, she's not as good as everyone else makes her out to be. She tries hard but it's like Neij said. She costed two challenges. There's the hot tub challenge, where her leadership skills messed up everything and the phobia challenge. She alone didn't cost the phobia challenge, but she ended up on the bottom two for a reason. The Bass had an opportunity to have the lead and Courtney messed it up. So it actually doesn't matter whether or not she costed the challenge singlehandedly since she ended up costing a major part of it. It actually should have been her instead of Tyler.

Actually Courtney threw the ball Owen caught Courtney got out. Harold sucked a millioon times worse then that. That was the first game. They lose again in a game Courtney wasn't in. Courtney's tell's everyone 2 get Duncan. Courtney gets All the ppl out for 2 games with catch the new game FINAL GAME TIME Courtney got Cody out Then Courtney got out by game by gwen. Harold got on person out in the end. Still dont find it as a win

Not in order but actually...

Courtney got out, courtesy of Owen.

Harold threw the ball terribly. That was just one round.

Gwen hits Courtney. Courtney's out for the second time.

Courtney gets Duncan.

Everybody gets the Gophers out and wins four games.

FINAL GAME TIME

Harold wins the game. It's one person, but other than the first round, that was the only chance he got so....

It's either a tie or a win for Harold. Sorry.

CrystalCoconut

[127]Jul 6, 2009
    imverybasic wrote:
    CrystalCoconut wrote:
    imverybasic wrote:

Actually Courtney threw the ball Owen caught Courtney got out. Harold sucked a millioon times worse then that. That was the first game. They lose again in a game Courtney wasn't in. Courtney's tell's everyone 2 get Duncan. Courtney gets All the ppl out for 2 games with catch the new game FINAL GAME TIME Courtney got Cody out Then Courtney got out by game by gwen. Harold got on person out in the end. Still dont find it as a win

Not in order but actually...

Courtney got out, courtesy of Owen.

Harold threw the ball terribly. That was just one round.

Gwen hits Courtney. Courtney's out for the second time.

Courtney gets Duncan.

Everybody gets the Gophers out and wins four games.

FINAL GAME TIME

Harold wins the game. It's one person, but other than the first round, that was the only chance he got so....

It's either a tie or a win for Harold. Sorry.

I know
    but u forgot courtney hittting cody
    how come u are obviously ignorning this?
    hmmm

TBMSFriday

[128]Jul 6, 2009
    • level: 9
    CrystalCoconut wrote:
    TBMSFriday wrote:
    CrystalCoconut wrote:
    TBMSFriday wrote:
    alagaesian wrote:

and fanboys

Yeah..I guess...

HA HA HA

Yeah. Whenever there's a forum with the words Courtney and Harold in the title, it's gonna be entertaining..

Yeah...DJ and Bridgette did really suck...

More angry fangirls (or fanboys...) need to get on this topic soon...

LET THE HAROLD BASHING BEGIN!

Not like I want you guys to bash him...it just kinda happens...

CrystalCoconut

[129]Jul 6, 2009
    TBMSFriday wrote:
    CrystalCoconut wrote:
    TBMSFriday wrote:
    CrystalCoconut wrote:
    TBMSFriday wrote:
    alagaesian wrote:

and fanboys

Yeah..I guess...

HA HA HA

Yeah. Whenever there's a forum with the words Courtney and Harold in the title, it's gonna be entertaining..

Yeah...DJ and Bridgette did really suck...

More angry fangirls (or fanboys...) need to get on this topic soon...

LET THE HAROLD BASHING BEGIN!

Not like I want you guys to bash him...it just kinda happens...

its fun to be on any side of this

NejiShikamaru

[130]Jul 6, 2009
    • level: 13

:
    Sry u are so wrong 1. Episode 1 Nothing 2. Harold Wins 1-0 3. Courtney Wins 1-1 Courtney gets farther 4. Tied Courtney got Duncan in and Harold got one person out I think Courtney's 30% credit for Duncan should be even for Harold getting one person out 5. Harold Wins 2-1 6. Tied 2-1 Both did nothing 7. Tied 2-1 Both did not face fears 8. Courtney Wins 2-2 Harold burnt the oars 9. Tied 2-2 Harold shot the deer and Courtney was a deer that avoided all the Gopher deers that not one was close to getting her out 10. Courtney Wins Harold couldnt do anything cuz of Duncan 2-3 11. Harold wins 3-3 12. Courtney wins 3-4

Addition fail there, Harold would be up 3-2, there by ending in a tie. Harold shot a deer, that was the entire point of the game, shoot the other team. Courtney got tied up with Duncan, at least Harold contributed. "Oh well she didn't get shot." The Gophers spent more time looking to shoot each other than actually looking for the Bass, thereby voiding that claim, she could have sat in front of them and they wouldn't have shot her. Harold shot all of the Gophers, so he gets a point. When Harold got voted out, he was going to win it, but he saw Heather's boobs, which screwed him over, not his fault. Courtney had poor performance in everything...

Harold's two challenge wins trump anything that Courtney does anyway, she did not contribute to the team succeeding. Harold at least spared them two eliminations, had he not, the Bass would have been doomed in the future challenges. Yeah, he burnt the oars, but what did Courtney do? She tried to leave Geoff behind when he got "injured" and only stopped when DJ pulled her back. She would have "sacrificed" a teammate to win, and she still did terrible. She had no contribution in any of the challenges.

In the cooking challenge, Harold still beat Courtney in the cooking challenge, Sadie and his antipasto beat Duncan and Courtney's dessert. Not to mention he spent over half of the time trying to get clean underwear on, he still did better than Courtney.

Edited on 07/06/2009 3:42pm
    Edited 3 total times.

Brodoin15

[131]Jul 6, 2009
    • level: 20

Another thing is the fear challenge. Yes, both did not finish their fears, but I think it leans more toward Harold.

One point, the main point, is that Harold was about to face his fear. He had his nunchuks out and was about to fight, untill he knocked himself out by accident. If he had not hurt himself, he most likely would have faced his fear.

Another point is that Chris offered to triple the team's points in Courtney did her fear, but she didn't, even with that offer.

She cost the game far more then Harold did, and at least Harold attempted to face his fear, while Courtney did not.

NejiShikamaru

[132]Jul 6, 2009
    Exactly, Harold actually showed some guts and was ready to face the ninjas, but clonked his head and passed out. Courtney was told that she'd get their team triple points, but still, despite her GIANT desire to win, refused to jump. That shows how Harold is willing to play to win for his team while Courtney won't step up when she's needed...

Harold wins, Courtney isn't as good as Harold, I don't even like Harold and I'm telling you how good Harold is. End of discussion.

Back on topic, I still say he needed to be picked on, gave him development and gave Duncan development too.

alagaesian

[133]Jul 6, 2009
    • level: 12
    I don't see how the dodge ball game could be a 'win' for Courtney.

She suggested that Duncan wake up, yes, but she wasn't willing to do it herself. She tried to get Harold to do it, but of course, no one's that stupid. She was only able to wake him up when Harold and some other people were holding the stick. When he wakes up, Duncan immediately goes after Harold (who was closest to him) but Courtney gets between them and convinces Duncan to play.

It was a big point, but it wasn't as if she performed the act without backup or shielding. She came up with the idea and had the nerve to threaten Duncan.

Harold was alone on the Bass side of the court at the end of the final round. He was the only person who could dodge Owen's fastballs, and maybe the only person who could have caught one of them. He had the raw physical skill required to win the game.

But, the important part about this is that BOTH people were required to win the challenge for the Bass. While Harold could dodge and catch, he certainly couldn't throw, and I doubt that he'd be able to catch every single ball if the Gophers attempted to 'Crush the New Guy'. But, at the same time, Duncan's strategy did NOT win that last round. It was far from it, and from what I can tell, the entire system fell apart as soon as the Gophers found a suitable counter-strategy. Only after the pandemonium of round 5 was Harold alone and able to secure victory.

So, if anyone has to say that Courtney 'won' in the dodge ball challenge, they are wrong. The Bass could not have won if Harold hadn't been there. But, likewise, Courtney was required for victory. It's a tie.

This is the situation for almost all of the challenges.

In order to decide who is a 'winner' for each individual round, one must decide which character most directly contributes to the team's effort. And, in deciding this, one must consult their unique set of views and opinions. Like I said before, nothing can be specifically proven when this process takes place.

I refuse to make a table, designating who 'wins' in each individual challenge, because I know it will be severely close to a tie, and it is off-topic. I know my arguments have nothing precisely to do with the topic either, but it is my way of trying to calm this down.

Let's put it this way: both Harold and Courtney helped their teams to the best of their ability. No one could do anything more than that. If you want to start arguing about which characters abilities would help the team more, then you're obviously too obsessed with arguing to see the point of what I'm saying.

But, if this board wanders dangerously off-topic again, I'm not responding to any more posts. You would have proven that this board is beyond all help, and should probably be locked for the direction it's been going in.

stalemate666

[134]Jul 6, 2009
    NejiShikamaru wrote:

:
    Sry u are so wrong 1. Episode 1 Nothing 2. Harold Wins 1-0 3. Courtney Wins 1-1 Courtney gets farther 4. Tied Courtney got Duncan in and Harold got one person out I think Courtney's 30% credit for Duncan should be even for Harold getting one person out 5. Harold Wins 2-1 6. Tied 2-1 Both did nothing 7. Tied 2-1 Both did not face fears 8. Courtney Wins 2-2 Harold burnt the oars 9. Tied 2-2 Harold shot the deer and Courtney was a deer that avoided all the Gopher deers that not one was close to getting her out 10. Courtney Wins Harold couldnt do anything cuz of Duncan 2-3 11. Harold wins 3-3 12. Courtney wins 3-4
    Addition fail there, Harold would be up 3-2, there by ending in a tie. Harold shot a deer, that was the entire point of the game, shoot the other team. Courtney got tied up with Duncan, at least Harold contributed. "Oh well she didn't get shot." The Gophers spent more time looking to shoot each other than actually looking for the Bass, thereby voiding that claim, she could have sat in front of them and they wouldn't have shot her. Harold shot all of the Gophers, so he gets a point. When Harold got voted out, he was going to win it, but he saw Heather's boobs, which screwed him over, not his fault. Courtney had poor performance in everything... Harold's two challenge wins trump anything that Courtney does anyway, she did not contribute to the team succeeding. Harold at least spared them two eliminations, had he not, the Bass would have been doomed in the future challenges. Yeah, he burnt the oars, but what did Courtney do? She tried to leave Geoff behind when he got "injured" and only stopped when DJ pulled her back. She would have "sacrificed" a teammate to win, and she still did terrible. She had no contribution in any of the challenges. In the cooking challenge, Harold still beat Courtney in the cooking challenge, Sadie and his antipasto beat Duncan and Courtney's dessert. Not to mention he spent over half of the time trying to get clean underwear on, he still did better than Courtney.

We don't know that Harold shot the deer, Bridgette was there and frankly I'd put money on her being a better shot, plus he just followed Bridgette and Geoff it's not like he actually did anything on his own, if he wasn't there it would have been the same result just Bridgette would have fire more shots, and Courtney avoided being found while tangled up with Duncan, they managed to avoid even being spotted and not Harold fault lol, maybe if he managed to see some boobs once in his life he would of been able to keep it together, it's his fault your being extremely bios lol (well this isn't Harold fault but this is Courtney's fault, and Harold gets a point just because I think being a deer is easier then being a hunter) Harold did worse then Courtney but you want to give them a tie just because seriously Harold burned the oars and **** up you can't give it a tie just because you feel like it it's a negative to Harold and a neutral to Courtney meaning Courtney wins And one of those Challenges Harold won for his team he got a free win because Bridgette broke Heathers violin and the dodge ball one would of never happened if Courtney didn't wake up Duncan, you might say give it all to Duncan but Harold wasn't brave enough to wake him up, only Courtney was and it turned the tides and gave them 4 wins even if you only give her 10% credit for that it's a more of a contribution then catching one ball

imverybasic

[135]Jul 6, 2009

NejiShikamaru wrote:
    Exactly, Harold actually showed some guts and was ready to face the ninjas, but clonked his head and passed out. Courtney was told that she'd get their team triple points, but still, despite her GIANT desire to win, refused to jump. That shows how Harold is willing to play to win for his team while Courtney won't step up when she's needed... Harold wins, Courtney isn't as good as Harold, I don't even like Harold and I'm telling you how good Harold is. End of discussion. Back on topic, I still say he needed to be picked on, gave him development and gave Duncan development too.

True. I guess if not for the whole incident, there would be no reason for strengthening the relationship with Duncan and Courtney and there would also be no development in Harold's character.

Personally, I still think that he shouldn't be picked on. Nobody really deserves that much abuse.

Edited on 07/06/2009 5:44pm

CrystalCoconut

[136]Jul 7, 2009

NejiShikamaru wrote:
    In the cooking challenge, Harold still beat Courtney in the cooking challenge, Sadie and his antipasto beat Duncan and Courtney's dessert. Not to mention he spent over half of the time trying to get clean underwear on, he still did better than Courtney.
    When did that happen?

CrystalCoconut

[137]Jul 7, 2009

NejiShikamaru u are making stuff up to give harold more points.

Edited on 07/07/2009 1:11pm

NejiShikamaru

[138]Jul 7, 2009

The cooking challenge, the antipasto was well-received by Chris, while the custard only got 6 and an "Ehhh." You just don't want to lose.

He teamed with Sadie, he even said, "Me and Sadie can totally rock the antipasto, I'm an expert at cutting the cheese." which got laughs from the other Bass cuz he said cut the cheese. Chris graded everything of the Bass, the custard dessert of Duncan and Courtney got a whopping 6, but the antipasto did quite well. Chris went "Ehhh, 6." for the custard, but he said "Your antipasto passed the testo!"

Edited on 07/07/2009 2:54pm
    Edited 2 total times.

imverybasic

[139]Jul 7, 2009
    Which team got a "on a scale of one to ten, I give it a fifteen"? Was that Bridgette and Geoff?
    Edited on 07/07/2009 4:13pm

CrystalCoconut

[140]Jul 7, 2009
    NejiShikamaru wrote:

The cooking challenge, the antipasto was well-received by Chris, while the custard only got 6 and an "Ehhh." You just don't want to lose.

He teamed with Sadie, he even said, "Me and Sadie can totally rock the antipasto, I'm an expert at cutting the cheese." which got laughs from the other Bass cuz he said cut the cheese. Chris graded everything of the Bass, the custard dessert of Duncan and Courtney got a whopping 6, but the antipasto did quite well. Chris went "Ehhh, 6." for the custard, but he said "Your antipasto passed the testo!"

Chris (Refering to DJ and Bridgette) On a scare through 1 to 10... 15!!!
    Duncan and Courtney get a 6
    Heather ask's if it is over.
    Chris says it is "The Bass Lose 21 to 12"
    15 plus 6 = 21.
    Therefore Harold got a 0.
    How do you respond to this?