We're moving Forums to the Community pages. Click here for more information and updates.

Does Harold deserve to be picked on by Duncan and Courtney so much?

Does Harold deserve to be picked on so much?

Brodoin15

[61]Jul 2, 2009
    • level: 20

I agree. Harold isn't the best player in the game, but he also isn't useless and isn't the worst player.

And I do think that Harold getting picked on is getting too far. Yes, he cheated and got Courtney off, but Duncan was messing with him so much, what else could he do? He knows Duncan is stronger than him, how else could he stand up to him. Harold wanted it to stop. Really, what could he do? Ask? That wouldn't stop Duncan. Fight? Like I said, Duncan is stronger than Harold, and he knows it. What could he do?

Duncan and Courtney need to let it go. It's in the past. Constantly messing with Harold will in no way help them in the game.

If anything, it'll cause Harold to do something else to Courtney and/or Duncan.

Edited on 07/02/2009 11:32am
    Edited 2 total times.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

stalemate666

[62]Jul 2, 2009
    • level: 11
    imverybasic wrote:

Okay, so here's my take on the comparison. I'm not going to count this in points, but I'll just state the reasons. So here we go:

1. Nothing happened

2. Originally, Harold and Courtney both deserved a point: Harold for jumping into the water and Courtney taking the initiative to lead her team. Although, Courtney ended up at the bottom and almost got voted off.

3. Courtney: She made it further in the sleeping challenge. Enough said.

4. Harold: Courtney may have threw some balls but most of it came from Duncan's scheme. Harold couldn't throw the ball, but he managed to catch it and dodge a few of them.

5. Harold: He came through and won the challenge. Courtney is not at fault for being injured that was Bridgette but hypothetically, if that never happened. Would Chef say that Courtney is better at the violin than Harold is at beat boxing. I guess we'll never know.

6. Courtney: Once again, she takes the initiative to lead her team. Although, it was Katie and Sadie who costed the challenge.

7. Harold: None of them were shown to face their phobias but the odds come closer in to Harold's favour because Courtney lied to everybody about not having any fears whereas the only thing that stood in Harold's way was his clumsiness. Whether or not he was either clumsy or that he could have also purposely hit himself over the head, that's debatable. Whether or not he did, Courtney still ended up on the bottom two.

8. Courtney: Just because Harold burned the oars.

9. Harold: Him and Geoff initiated their team in Paintball Deer Hunting challenge. Courtney was a deer, which wasn't her choice. Something tells me though that she could have tried harder with what she had instead of arguing with Duncan.

10. Harold: He successfully caught Bridgette on the trapeze. Being the target wasn't Courtney's choice, so she deserves a break.

11. Courtney: Courtney dominates Harold in this challenge, only because Geoff, DJ and Duncan took his undergarments. But even still, Harold still attempted to help his team.

12. Courtney: She lasted longer than Harold. But she also pulled a stunt. It doesn't compare to what Harold did, but unlike Courtney, Harold had a plausable motive for his stunt.

So basically, the score's tied up. So Harold might have not been the strongest competetor, but we can't totally ride off the fact that he is useless. Judging by what he could do, Harold has taken gymnastics and has said that he's taken figure skating. There are different kinds of strengths and maybe Harold would have still been put at a disadvantage, but it's more sensible in to giving the opportunity, before judging.

Courtney had no right to make those comments. Sure, they're true but she didn't have to point it out.

Duncan's a bully and I understand why bullies do what they do. But they shouldn't have to take out their problems on others, especially on someone who has done nothing wrong before. Whether Duncan realized on what he was doing or not, that seems debatable.

Harold shouldn't have to feel remorse for what he did. Courtney was just lucky that Harold went the extra mile to apologize. If going as far to accuse someone for voting off their boyfriend/girlfriend out of spite was so heinous, does that mean that threatening them about their private life isn't?

How could Harold possibly stand up to people who could tear you limb from limb? Everybody beleives that standing up to a bully is so easy, but in reality, it isn't. Saying "gosh" or "idiots" may have not been the ideal thing to do, but at least Harold went as far as to say something, considering that he's prone to be a pushover.

Dude your totally wrong on these ones I'll fix it 2. Harold wins, he jumped Courtney didn't 4. Courtney, Harold only got 1 person out, Courtney woke up Duncan tunning the tables and eliminated more ppl 7. tie, they both failed it's a tie
    9. tie or Courtney, because Courtney didn't get hit and Harold didn't hit anything

so basically Harold loses

imverybasic

[63]Jul 2, 2009
    • level: 16
    stalemate666 wrote:
    Dude your totally wrong on these ones I'll fix it 2. Harold wins, he jumped Courtney didn't 4. Courtney, Harold only got 1 person out, Courtney woke up Duncan tunning the tables and eliminated more ppl 7. tie, they both failed it's a tie 9. tie or Courtney, because Courtney didn't get hit and Harold didn't hit anything so basically Harold loses

This isn't true.

2. I stated that Harold jumped in the water and Courtney didn't.

9. Courtney was a deer. Harold hit Leshawna, Beth, Lindsay and hit Heather twice.

Edited on 07/02/2009 7:00pm
    Edited 3 total times.

CrystalCoconut

[64]Jul 2, 2009
    imverybasic wrote:

Okay, so here's my take on the comparison. I'm not going to count this in points, but I'll just state the reasons. So here we go:

1. Nothing happened

2. Originally, Harold and Courtney both deserved a point: Harold for jumping into the water and Courtney taking the initiative to lead her team. Although, Courtney ended up at the bottom and almost got voted off.

3. Courtney: She made it further in the sleeping challenge. Enough said.

4. Harold: Courtney may have threw some balls but most of it came from Duncan's scheme. Harold couldn't throw the ball, but he managed to catch it and dodge a few of them.

5. Harold: He came through and won the challenge. Courtney is not at fault for being injured that was Bridgette but hypothetically, if that never happened. Would Chef say that Courtney is better at the violin than Harold is at beat boxing. I guess we'll never know.

6. Courtney: Once again, she takes the initiative to lead her team. Although, it was Katie and Sadie who costed the challenge.

7. Harold: None of them were shown to face their phobias but the odds come closer in to Harold's favour because Courtney lied to everybody about not having any fears whereas the only thing that stood in Harold's way was his clumsiness. Whether or not he was either clumsy or that he could have also purposely hit himself over the head, that's debatable. Whether or not he did, Courtney still ended up on the bottom two.

8. Courtney: Just because Harold burned the oars.

9. Harold: Him and Geoff initiated their team in Paintball Deer Hunting challenge. Courtney was a deer, which wasn't her choice. Something tells me though that she could have tried harder with what she had instead of arguing with Duncan.

10. Harold: He successfully caught Bridgette on the trapeze. Being the target wasn't Courtney's choice, so she deserves a break.

11. Courtney: Courtney dominates Harold in this challenge, only because Geoff, DJ and Duncan took his undergarments. But even still, Harold still attempted to help his team.

12. Courtney: She lasted longer than Harold. But she also pulled a stunt. It doesn't compare to what Harold did, but unlike Courtney, Harold had a plausable motive for his stunt.

So basically, the score's tied up. So Harold might have not been the strongest competetor, but we can't totally ride off the fact that he is useless. Judging by what he could do, Harold has taken gymnastics and has said that he's taken figure skating. There are different kinds of strengths and maybe Harold would have still been put at a disadvantage, but it's more sensible in to giving the opportunity, before judging.

Courtney had no right to make those comments. Sure, they're true but she didn't have to point it out.

Duncan's a bully and I understand why bullies do what they do. But they shouldn't have to take out their problems on others, especially on someone who has done nothing wrong before. Whether Duncan realized on what he was doing or not, that seems debatable.

Harold shouldn't have to feel remorse for what he did. Courtney was just lucky that Harold went the extra mile to apologize. If going as far to accuse someone for voting off their boyfriend/girlfriend out of spite was so heinous, does that mean that threatening them about their private life isn't?

How could Harold possibly stand up to people who could tear you limb from limb? Everybody beleives that standing up to a bully is so easy, but in reality, it isn't. Saying "gosh" or "idiots" may have not been the ideal thing to do, but at least Harold went as far as to say something, considering that he's prone to be a pushover.

...Do you seriously think that is a FAIR comparison?
    Im sorry I think u can just can strongly relate 2 Harold that ur supporting him so much your giving him way 2 much credit for what he really did...

1. Lets combine episodes 1 and 2 and we'll just say Harold wins K? u should be happy with that. 1-0
    2. Courtney agree with you. 1-1
    3. Yes Courtney threw some balls but she she got at least 4 people out compared 2 Harold who just got 1. You might say the Courtney along with the rest of the Killer Bass did NOT let harold play most of the game. But that is because of his "skills" at the beginning. Plus not to mention Courtney STRONGLY contributing to Duncan's appearance in the game. That is definately worth more then what Harold did. I'd like you to give a FAIR response to this. Courtney Wins 1-2
    4. Yes Yes not Courtney's fault for what Bridgette did Harold Wins 2-2
    5. Courtney didn't she just got pissed at Bridgette Tied 2-2
    6. Um Both Courtney AND Harold did NOT face their fears. How is it a win for a Harold just cuz Courtney closer 2 being voted off? Tied 2-2
    7. Courtney Wins 2-3
    8. What the? Ok now this is really unfair. Courtney got THE BEST SCORE POSSIBLE not getting hit OUNCE. If she tried any harder it wouldn't make any difference. Tied 2-3
    Courtney's In the Lead!
    9. You got the numbers wrong the Cooking challenge. Anyways Like you said Courtney wins since Harold didn't do anything. Yes it was because of Duncan but Courtney didnt do anything because of Bridggete and I gave Harold a point for that so it is fair to say Courtney wins 2-4
    10. In the Trust Challenge obviously not the fault of Courtney but Harold wins 3-4
    11. Courtney Wins 3-5
    Anything you would FAIRLY like 2 change?
    I dont think there is anything.

PintheDog

[65]Jul 2, 2009
    • level: 29
    Brodoin15 wrote:
    Yes, he cheated and got Courtney off, but Duncan was messing with him so much, what else could he do? He knows Duncan is stronger than him, how else could he stand up to him. Harold wanted it to stop. Really, what could he do? Ask?

We've been saying it ad nauseum. He could've done it to Duncan instead. Yes, doing it to Courtney = more drama. But it also = Harold being stupid. He was not going to win this game by a longshot, but he could've at least gotten the satisfaction of ensuring that Duncan didn't, either, and outlasting his worst enemy, to boot. But no. He chose, as someone said, to pull someone into their feud who had nothing to do with it. He was a coward, plain and simple.

And really, the fact that even the other campers wouldn't talk to him in sequester for what he did is a testament to how wrong he was.

stalemate666

[66]Jul 2, 2009
    PintheDog wrote:
    Brodoin15 wrote:
    Yes, he cheated and got Courtney off, but Duncan was messing with him so much, what else could he do? He knows Duncan is stronger than him, how else could he stand up to him. Harold wanted it to stop. Really, what could he do? Ask?

We've been saying it ad nauseum. He could've done it to Duncan instead. Yes, doing it to Courtney = more drama. But it also = Harold being stupid. He was not going to win this game by a longshot, but he could've at least gotten the satisfaction of ensuring that Duncan didn't, either, and outlasting his worst enemy, to boot. But no. He chose, as someone said, to pull someone into their feud who had nothing to do with it. He was a coward, plain and simple.

And really, the fact that even the other campers wouldn't talk to him in sequester for what he did is a testament to how wrong he was.

Actually if he did it to Duncan I think it would have been more drama, because Courtney would enter rage mode in the competition and go after who knows who

and Duncan isn't really that much of a bully, I mean he does stuff to everyone but he never singles anyone out or go after them relentlessly without good reason, Harold was annoying all the guys with his hygiene habits, all the guys were out to get him Duncan just took the lead because he was the best at it and they even agreed to stop after he agreed to pick up his underwear. I'd even go so far as to say Harold was more of a bully because what he did to Courtney and why he did it

imverybasic

[67]Jul 2, 2009

CrystalCoconut wrote:
    ...Do you seriously think that is a FAIR comparison? Im sorry I think u can just can strongly relate 2 Harold that ur supporting him so much your giving him way 2 much credit for what he really did...

1. Lets combine episodes 1 and 2 and we'll just say Harold wins K? u should be happy with that.

1-0 2. Courtney agree with you. 1-1

3. Yes Courtney threw some balls but she she got at least 4 people out compared 2 Harold who just got 1. You might say the Courtney along with the rest of the Killer Bass did NOT let harold play most of the game. But that is because of his "skills" at the beginning. Plus not to mention Courtney STRONGLY contributing to Duncan's appearance in the game. That is definately worth more then what Harold did. I'd like you to give a FAIR response to this. Courtney Wins 1-2

6. Um Both Courtney AND Harold did NOT face their fears. How is it a win for a Harold just cuz Courtney closer 2 being voted off? Tied 2-2

7. Courtney Wins 2-3

8. What the? Ok now this is really unfair. Courtney got THE BEST SCORE POSSIBLE not getting hit OUNCE. If she tried any harder it wouldn't make any difference. Tied 2-3 Courtney's In the Lead!

9. You got the numbers wrong the Cooking challenge. Anyways Like you said Courtney wins since Harold didn't do anything. Yes it was because of Duncan but Courtney didnt do anything because of Bridggete and I gave Harold a point for that so it is fair to say Courtney wins 2-4

10. In the Trust Challenge obviously not the fault of Courtney but Harold wins 3-4

11. Courtney Wins 3-5 Anything you would FAIRLY like 2 change? I dont think there is anything.

6. I did say that none of them did. But I would give them both a point for trying. Harold was just clumsy.

8. That's true. Courtney didn't get hit once, but Harold shot more people. I guess I could give them both a point.

Sorry, combining the episodes confuses me a bit.

1. Nothing

2. Harold wins. 0-1

3. Courtney wins. 1-1

4. Courtney and Harold. I know that Courtney threw more balls and had the idea of waking Duncan up but Harold did come through. I gave them both a point for the Paintball challenge. I think this one deserves a tie because Courtney woke up Duncan and eliminated more people and Harold catched and dodged a few balls. I still say that they should have given him more of a chance. They only let him throw the ball once. Tied 2-2

5. Harold wins. 2-3

6. Courtney wins. 3-3

7. Nothing happens, I guess. I just don't understand why we don't count her being on the bottom two. It kind of symbolizes Harold having the win even though he did not face his fear. I think that if Courtney and Harold were both on the bottom two, I think that's a better way to tie the score. I don't know. I still think that Harold deserves it just for making it further. I think that he was just clumsy, not really afraid. 4-4 or 3-4, I'm still sticking to my theory on this one.

8. Courtney wins. 4-4

9. Harold eliminated more people. I think that counts as more. Just like Courtney eliminated more people in the dodgeball challenge. Courtney didn't get hit, but neither did Duncan, DJ, Geoff, Bridgette and Sadie. Plus no one went after Courtney, so that seems rather unfair. Harold wins in this one. 5-4

10. Courtney wins. 5-5

11. Harold wins. 6-5

12. Courtney wins. 6-6

Sorry. That's just my take. Your points are great, though. They make a lot of sense, but this is just my take. I hope I don't get flamed on this.

So saying that Courtney was "useless" was a little much, but I think saying that she's a million times better than Harold is a little much. I think their both good. It might seem like Courtney is better, but I think their both evenly matched and like I said before, Harold wasn't given much of a chance to prove himself. Probably a plot device that the writers used. I agree about the dodgeball challenge. Courtney was the one who got Duncan to lead the team, plus she eliminated more people than Harold. But even though Harold only got one person out, he ended up taking the victory and if he was given more of a chance, he probably would have eliminated as much people as Courtney. Not by throwing the ball, but by dodging and catching it. Best two out of three. Plus Courtney got out a few times. And Harold dodged/catched as many balls as Courtney threw them and got someone out. Courtney didn't really do too well, until Duncan came in. I give Courtney props for getting Duncan in the game, but before that happened, she already got out twice. But I gave her a point because she strongly contributed to the challenge.

littlekid172

[68]Jul 2, 2009
    • level: 13
    Harold sucks I have hated him since day one he is enoying probley the most enoying on the show he is not funny I can't belive he wins Total Drama Action he does not deserve that million dollars

PintheDog

[69]Jul 2, 2009
    • level: 29
    littlekid172 wrote:
    I can't believe he wins Total Drama Action he does not deserve that million dollars

What? You're kidding. I know he at least . . .
    ***SPOILER***
    . . . but wins? You got proof of that?

CrystalCoconut

[70]Jul 3, 2009
    imverybasic wrote:

CrystalCoconut wrote:
    ...Do you seriously think that is a FAIR comparison? Im sorry I think u can just can strongly relate 2 Harold that ur supporting him so much your giving him way 2 much credit for what he really did...

1. Lets combine episodes 1 and 2 and we'll just say Harold wins K? u should be happy with that.

7. Courtney Wins 2-3

8. What the? Ok now this is really unfair. Courtney got THE BEST SCORE POSSIBLE not getting hit OUNCE. If she tried any harder it wouldn't make any difference. Tied 2-3 Courtney's In the Lead!

11. Courtney Wins 3-5 Anything you would FAIRLY like 2 change? I dont think there is anything.

6. I did say that none of them did. But I would give them both a point for trying. Harold was just clumsy.

8. That's true. Courtney didn't get hit once, but Harold shot more people. I guess I could give them both a point.

1. Nothing

2. Harold wins. 0-1

3. Courtney wins. 1-1

4. Courtney and Harold. I know that Courtney threw more balls and had the idea of waking Duncan up but Harold did come through. I gave them both a point for the Paintball challenge. I think this one deserves a tie because Courtney woke up Duncan and eliminated more people and Harold catched and dodged a few balls. I still say that they should have given him more of a chance. They only let him throw the ball once. Tied 2-2

5. Harold wins. 2-3

6. Courtney wins. 3-3

7. Nothing happens, I guess. I just don't understand why we don't count her being on the bottom two. It kind of symbolizes Harold having the win even though he did not face his fear. I think that if Courtney and Harold were both on the bottom two, I think that's a better way to tie the score. I don't know. I still think that Harold deserves it just for making it further. I think that he was just clumsy, not really afraid. 4-4 or 3-4, I'm still sticking to my theory on this one.

8. Courtney wins. 4-4

9. Harold eliminated more people. I think that counts as more. Just like Courtney eliminated more people in the dodgeball challenge. Courtney didn't get hit, but neither did Duncan, DJ, Geoff, Bridgette and Sadie. Plus no one went after Courtney, so that seems rather unfair. Harold wins in this one. 5-4

10. Courtney wins. 5-5

11. Harold wins. 6-5

12. Courtney wins. 6-6

Sorry. That's just my take. Your points are great, though. They make a lot of sense, but this is just my take. I hope I don't get flamed on this.

So saying that Courtney was "useless" was a little much, but I think saying that she's a million times better than Harold is a little much. I think their both good. It might seem like Courtney is better, but I think their both evenly matched and like I said before, Harold wasn't given much of a chance to prove himself. Probably a plot device that the writers used. I agree about the dodgeball challenge. Courtney was the one who got Duncan to lead the team, plus she eliminated more people than Harold. But even though Harold only got one person out, he ended up taking the victory and if he was given more of a chance, he probably would have eliminated as much people as Courtney. Not by throwing the ball, but by dodging and catching it. Best two out of three. Plus Courtney got out a few times. And Harold dodged/catched as many balls as Courtney threw them and got someone out. Courtney didn't really do too well, until Duncan came in. I give Courtney props for getting Duncan in the game, but before that happened, she already got out twice. But I gave her a point because she strongly contributed to the challenge.

*sigh* you never give up do ya? Ok I agree all the way with you until episode 4.
    Ok all Harold did was get ONE person out in ONE game. Courtney at least four and got Duncan to play in the game. Give Courtney at least 30% credit for that. I seriously do not understand how make this as a tie. I really don't. He barely even caught it.

Huh your six confuses me. I dont think you know the episode order very well. I dont know if you meant The Camping Challenge or the Fear Challenge cuz both of them is a tie.

7. OK PLEASE PLEASE tell me WHY you count Harold as a win In the Fear Challenge? They both did NOT face their fears. I really just don't get it. Sure Harold ALMOST but he didn't. Please explain this to me in a fair way cuz your the only person that thinks Harold deserves a win. I win. Wow.

Now lets go 2 episode 9.
    Ok now this REALLY unfair. I mean wow, just wow. Sorry but... Im just astonished... Harold did his job perfectly and Courtney did her job perfectly. Geoff probably hit more ppl then Harold. We dont know that. But still.. It doesnt matter... No one went after Courtney.
    SO? That was just her luck. It's fair.
    She got off easy.
    So?
    Its a TIE
    Courtney didnt choose to be a hunter and if she was she would have probably would have done as anyone else.
    This.. is.. just... I think you have to admit ur so wrong on this.. Seriously sorry DUDE!

I think your seriously just too much of a Harold fan that your giving him unfair points.

imverybasic

[71]Jul 3, 2009
    CrystalCoconut wrote:
    imverybasic wrote:

CrystalCoconut wrote:

7. Courtney Wins 2-3

1. Nothing

2. Harold wins. 0-1

3. Courtney wins. 1-1

5. Harold wins. 2-3

6. Courtney wins. 3-3

8. Courtney wins. 4-4

10. Courtney wins. 5-5

11. Harold wins. 6-5

12. Courtney wins. 6-6

*sigh* you never give up do ya? Ok I agree all the way with you until episode 4. Ok all Harold did was get ONE person out in ONE game. Courtney at least four and got Duncan to play in the game. Give Courtney at least 30% credit for that. I seriously do not understand how make this as a tie. I really don't. He barely even caught it. Huh your six confuses me. I dont think you know the episode order very well. I dont know if you meant The Camping Challenge or the Fear Challenge cuz both of them is a tie. 7. OK PLEASE PLEASE tell me WHY you count Harold as a win In the Fear Challenge? They both did NOT face their fears. I really just don't get it. Sure Harold ALMOST but he didn't. Please explain this to me in a fair way cuz your the only person that thinks Harold deserves a win. I win. Wow. Now lets go 2 episode 9. Ok now this REALLY unfair. I mean wow, just wow. Sorry but... Im just astonished... Harold did his job perfectly and Courtney did her job perfectly. Geoff probably hit more ppl then Harold. We dont know that. But still.. It doesnt matter... No one went after Courtney. SO? That was just her luck. It's fair. She got off easy. So? Its a TIE Courtney didnt choose to be a hunter and if she was she would have probably would have done as anyone else. This.. is.. just... I think you have to admit ur so wrong on this.. Seriously sorry DUDE! I think your seriously just too much of a Harold fan that your giving him unfair points.

Well about the episodes; I did say that combining the episodes throws me off track, but maybe I should have changed the ones that I wrote at the top. My mistake. I guess I was tired that I didn't notice. The numbers are episodes. This time, I'll combine the episodes:

3. I did give Courtney credit for the dodgeball game. She got a lot of people out, but only because Duncan helped her. The balls that she threw got one person out at a time because of Duncan's "Rush the New Guy" strategy which was to get multiple players get one person out at a time. So Courtney wasn't the only one who threw the balls. Everyone else happened to get the same people out at the exact same time as Courtney. But I DID give her credit by stating that she took on the initative to lead her team and had the idea of waking Duncan up. Before she did though, she did not do too well individually, and between the time that the game started up until she had the idea of bringing Duncan in, she had already gotten out twice. Even though Harold got one person out, he still dodged 4 balls and managed to catch 1, which is just as hard as having multiple players throw multple balls at one player from the opposing side. This is practically Harold's point and Harold's moment, but I DID recognize Courtney. I already know that she contributed to the challenge and she deserves credit. I'm just saying that she didn't do too well on her own, whereas Harold did even though it was only with one person. I do feel the need to repeat this: If he was given more of an opportunity to compete in the beginning-- his throwing skills did suck, but what I'm saying is to put him more in the background to dodge and catch the balls- he would have eliminated a lot more people, but that didn't happen because of his judgemental teammates. As for the last ball, he barely caught it, fine. But he caught it, nonetheless. Possible that it could have been a fluke, it makes no difference. He caught it.

6. Okay, I'll consider the Phobia Factor episode as a tie. Harold almost faced his fear, but didn't. I kept supporting my reasoning for this episode, so I don't understand why you feel that I didn't. But nonetheless, we'll consider this one a tie. Harold didn't face his fear, so he'll tie with Courtney. I still stand by my reasoning on this episode, though.

8. Courtney got lucky in the paintball challenge, but that's not fair. Everyone else who did their job as a deer each had someone after them; everybody, except for Courtney. I disregard Bridgette and Geoff from my last post, not realizing that they were hunters, not deers, so I apologize. Courtney didn't get hit, but neither did anyone else, considering that Courtney was the only one who was not targeted throughout the entire game, whereas Duncan, DJ and even Sadie were. I give more credit to them then I do to Courtney on this one, so I think it's fair. Being a deer was not her choice, and maybe she could have been just as good as a hunter, but credit still goes to Harold since he shot almost everyone else on the Screaming Gophers team. I don't think that Geoff would have shot anyone else, because no one else was covered in paint, during the time that Geoff was gone.

Me a Harold fan? I knew that would be brought up. So I would just like to point out that I do like Harold BETTER than Courtney, but I'm NOT a fan. In fact, Duncan and Trent are my favorite characters in the show.

Do we just want to wrap this up and say that Courtney is a good competetor and Harold doesn't deserve to be picked on? We can do that. I know it seems that Courtney is better, but really, the way I see it is that Harold wasn't given a chance throughout half the time he was here. Competetors who were there for less time, we're given more screen time and challenge opportunities than him, which I find to be unfair in my opinion. Saying myself that Harold is better than Courtney earlier before, you have convinced me that Courtney is indeed a strong player and deserves recognition, and yet, I have come to the conclusion that they are both evenly matched and just strong in different ways. So, if you want to agree to disagree that they are evenly matched or that Courtney is better, I can't change your mind. I think that you are right about Courtney being a strong player, however like I said, if Harold was given more of an oppurtunity to compete, I personally think that he would be a way better competetor than Courtney because he has skills of different kinds and not only that, but they could be very useful if utilized properly. Sure, Harold is put at a disadvantage at times, but I like to call him the "underdog" of the Killer Bass. He screws up sometimes, but he's not the worst. I'd like to believe that- even though he won last season- Harold is as good as Owen.

So I'm sorry if I keep insisting that Harold is useful. I do believe you about Courtney, but this is just my point of view. We both know that Courtney has come more prepared for the second season, so it's a safe bet that she'll trump Harold. I find though that the only way she'll come close to winning this time is if Courtney will pulls a Heather; utilizing her safety net- in this case, her lawsuit against the show- to pull her through. Courtney might be a good competetor when it comes to being a leader, but she has a few things to learn about being in the background. I'm just saying.

By the way, I still can't understand how this became a 'who's better' thread. I read through the posts and in one of my posts, I stated that Harold doesn't deserve to be bullied. The next post is written about how Courtney is better than him in challenges. Someone did say that it's hard to stay on topic, but still. I find that to be quite a leap.

Edited on 07/03/2009 11:24am

alagaesian

[72]Jul 3, 2009
    • level: 12
    Great points, Imverybasic.

In my opinion, the only way anyone could decide who's 'better' is to use their own personal beliefs, views, and opinions to decide which points are valid and which are not. And, of course, it is impossible to truly prove something if it is based on opinion. It is even harder to prove this point if you are trying to convince someone with a different set of beliefs and views. It's like trying to convert someone to a different religion or political mindset.

Now, this is all based on a cartoon that is being created by a bunch of 40-year-olds who are stuck at their desks all day. Even if we are rabid fans of the show, why would we be arguing over something so trivial?

If anything, we should be arguing about whether Harold deserves the punishment that is being inflicted upon him. While this is also based on personal opinion, at least it is what this topic was made for.

CrystalCoconut

[73]Jul 3, 2009
    I bet if Harold was in Courtney's place u'd count it as a tie.

Anyways still think your giving harold more credit

I think Harold got plenty of screen time on TDI

CrystalCoconut

[74]Jul 3, 2009
    alagaesian wrote:
    Great points, Imverybasic.

In my opinion, the only way anyone could decide who's 'better' is to use their own personal beliefs, views, and opinions to decide which points are valid and which are not. And, of course, it is impossible to truly prove something if it is based on opinion. It is even harder to prove this point if you are trying to convince someone with a different set of beliefs and views. It's like trying to convert someone to a different religion or political mindset.

Now, this is all based on a cartoon that is being created by a bunch of 40-year-olds who are stuck at their desks all day. Even if we are rabid fans of the show, why would we be arguing over something so trivial?

If anything, we should be arguing about whether Harold deserves the punishment that is being inflicted upon him. While this is also based on personal opinion, at least it is what this topic was made for.

Agreed.
    Ok heres the story Eveyone (except imverybasic) Thinks Courtney is better then Harold

CrystalCoconut

[75]Jul 3, 2009
    Ok I found out how this started
    It was all from imverybasic
    He said that Courtney was useless in challenges

alagaesian

[76]Jul 3, 2009
    • level: 12
    Actually, I like Harold better than Courtney, mainly due to the fact that Courtney is very obsessive with winning.

Though, no matter who is the 'better' teammate/competitor, I believe that Harold's torment by Duncan and Courtney should cease as of Ocean's Eight or Nine. Courtney just traded a one-in-eleven chance at 100 grand for a one-in-eight chance at a million. She should be happy with this situation, at least enough to stop any attempt of vengeance. And, since Courtney is happy, Duncan should be happy too, since his girlfriend's back.

It could be debatable, whether Duncan is happy at Courtney's return, but it's not Harold's fault that Courtney decided to file a lawsuit, win it, and then set up a bunch of unfavorable terms. She could have just taken some money as compensation and left TDA alone. Besides, isn't Duncan's entire reasoning for 'punishing' Harold because Courtney was cheated off? Why would he need to suddenly reverse it, unless he was being mean for the heck of it?

imverybasic

[77]Jul 3, 2009

alagaesian wrote:
    Great points, Imverybasic. In my opinion, the only way anyone could decide who's 'better' is to use their own personal beliefs, views, and opinions to decide which points are valid and which are not. And, of course, it is impossible to truly prove something if it is based on opinion. It is even harder to prove this point if you are trying to convince someone with a different set of beliefs and views. It's like trying to convert someone to a different religion or political mindset. Now, this is all based on a cartoon that is being created by a bunch of 40-year-olds who are stuck at their desks all day. Even if we are rabid fans of the show, why would we be arguing over something so trivial? If anything, we should be arguing about whether Harold deserves the punishment that is being inflicted upon him. While this is also based on personal opinion, at least it is what this topic was made for.

Thanks. And you're right about everything. This topic is definitely not worth fighting over, but I do feel sorry for Harold, so I decided to put my input on it. I take responsibility for saying that Courtney was useless in challenges, but I changed that view. I still think that the bullying on Harold should cease since other players have pulled illegal stunts.

Brodoin15

[78]Jul 3, 2009
    • level: 20

I do agree with the fear challenge ending with a tie between Courtney and Harold, since they both didn't finish it.

But at the same time, Harold was trying to face his fears. He obviously was going to try to fight the ninjas before he accidently knocked himself out. While the thing that stopped Courtney was the fear itself.

Therefore, I think Harold deserves at last half a point on this one, if possible, due to the fact that he wanted to face his fear, but got injured, and Courtney did not want to face it at all.

Just my two cents on this.

I also agree with the post above me in saying that Harold being picked on should stop, since others have done things that are most likely against the rules, if not illegal themselves. (Such as Courtney's pretty much attemptive murder of Owen, DJ, Tyler, and Cody in the special)

Edited on 07/03/2009 3:52pm

CrystalCoconut

[79]Jul 3, 2009
    alagaesian wrote:
    unless he was being mean for the heck of it?

Eh that probably half of it

CrystalCoconut

[80]Jul 3, 2009
    Anyways imverybasic sry being so stuck up about this but I still have t convince you that the paintball thing is a tie.

1. Courtney had no attempts to be shot BECAUSE she was avoiding them. Which was exactly what she supposed to do. She must have done the best out of the Killer Bass deers. Isn't that worth something?

2. Harold was simply a follower of Bridgette and Geoff. Think of it this way If Harold wasn't in the game the Bass would have still won.
    Same with Courtney.
    The point is that they both did their positions for the team when Courtney did SLIGHTLY better then all the Bass.

I still say it would be fair 2 call this as a tie.

If you would like 2 object 2 me.

By all means do.