We're moving Forums to the Community pages. Click here for more information and updates.

Does Harold deserve to be picked on by Duncan and Courtney so much?

Does Harold deserve to be picked on so much?

BomberFman34

[21]Jun 25, 2009
    • level: 5
    PintheDog wrote:
    And even after the talent show, he proceeded to be utterly useless in every challenge.

Case in point, she was never really mean to Harold at all. Maybe a bit snippy, but never outright vicious like Heather was to almost everyone.

What other challenges was he showcased in after that? The trapeeze thing with Bridgette, which he pulled off. And his water-skiing escipades, which he did perfectly, until boobies came into the picture...

And again pretty much everyone ignores the fact that Harold wasn't dumb enough to vote off Duncan...
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

PintheDog

[22]Jun 25, 2009
    • level: 29
    The trapeze was just luck from being paired up with the only other person on the team as useless as he was, if not more so.

imverybasic

[26]Jun 25, 2009
    • level: 16

PintheDog wrote:
    kittiekat10105 wrote:
    OK. I agree that Courtney wasn't exactly NICE to him, but she didn't bully him as much as Duncan. If he had voted out Duncan instead of Courtney, I would have been more sympathetic to him. But Courtney did nothing but like Duncan, and have Duncan like her!

Precisely. So I think bringing up Courtney's treatment of Harold is pretty moot, anyway, largely because Harold didn't get her voted off due to anything she said or did to him, anyway. As I said in an earlier, it was only Duncan's behavior toward him that contributed to her getting tossed out of the game, not her own behavior. The show made that clear to us at the time it happened, and even Harold himself made that clear to us in the "Playa Des Losers" episode.

That's true, I forgot about that. Duncan was at fault for Courtney's elimination, although I think Harold should have mentioned about Courtney, too. Courtney was also pretty useless in challenges, as well. She may have had some ideas and helped in some of the challenges like in "If You Can't Take The Heat", but she she mainly told everyone what to do and brought up others' flaws and mistakes, like Heather; she didn't contribute as much as DJ and Bridgette. Also, I'd like to point out that other than in the Talent Show, Harold did make a comeback in the Dodgeball game. He also didn't contriubute as much as some of the campers, but I think he did more than Courtney which probably would explain why they both followed after another in the eliminations. They were both pretty useless, but I find that there was a fine line.

I find that we're trailing off topic a bit, so just to get us back on track, I really don't think that Harold should be abused.

BomberFman34 wrote:
    What other challenges was he showcased in after that? The trapeeze thing with Bridgette, which he pulled off. And his water-skiing escipades, which he did perfectly, until boobies came into the picture...

And again pretty much everyone ignores the fact that Harold wasn't dumb enough to vote off Duncan...

That's true. And like I said before, the only way that Harold could get to Duncan was to get to Courtney. It's not that he wasn't capable, but he just wanted to make Duncan vulnerable. If he would have voted Duncan out, Harold wouldn't have the oppurtunity to see him suffer.

Edited on 06/25/2009 12:19pm
    Edited 2 total times.

terminoob

[27]Jun 25, 2009
    • level: 17
    PintheDog wrote:
    The trapeze was just luck from being paired up with the only other person on the team as useless as he was, if not more so.

That has little logic... Useless=Bad. Useless+useless=Terrible. I'd be delighted to know how they were able to complete that portion of the challenge.

On a different note, defensive Courtney fans are a great substitute to TV.

BomberFman34

[28]Jun 25, 2009
    PintheDog wrote:

Because Ezekiel, Tyler, Katie, Sadie, Geoff, and DJ are always soooooo useful...>_>

stalemate666

[29]Jun 25, 2009
    • level: 11
    Duncan wasn't the only one bulling him guys, DJ and Geoff did too, and Courtney was nice to Harold after he won or when he was winning a challenge always, even in the talent show one when everyone else was out she told him to just do the best that he could, he totally deserved everything they did to him, remember Duncan didn't know about Harold getting Courtney off till he was off, so all the stuff he did in TDA was basically just after he found out, has Harold had enough? I think Courtney should be the one to decided that

kittiekat10105

[30]Jun 25, 2009
    • level: 18

stalemate666 wrote:
    Duncan wasn't the only one bulling him guys, DJ and Geoff did too, and Courtney was nice to Harold after he won or when he was winning a challenge always, even in the talent show one when everyone else was out she told him to just do the best that he could, he totally deserved everything they did to him, remember Duncan didn't know about Harold getting Courtney off till he was off, so all the stuff he did in TDA was basically just after he found out, has Harold had enough? I think Courtney should be the one to decided that

I COMPLETELY agree! I have a feeling Harold has NOT had enough. I almost feel sorry for him. Almost.

Vengful Duncan + Vengful Courtney = RUN HAROLD RUN!!!!

BrainMan820

[31]Jun 25, 2009
    BomberFman34 wrote:
    BrainMan820 wrote:

Actually, during all of TDI, Courtney was never mean to Harold. She stated that he was a bad player at dodgeball (and he was, given that he couldn't throw and Leshawna easily threw him out), and said he wasn't strong enough to push back 7 people in a canoe. That's hardly mean.

Duncan was pretty mean to Harold, but Courtney was not. It was a sick game of revenge on Harold's part.

Whether or not Courtney would actually forgive Harold has nothing to do with whether or not Harold should do it. Harold has seen nothing of Courtney until now. Further, he already admitted that his actions were, in fact, wrong. That's the only given conclusion.

Oh yeah... Courtney was never mean to Harold >_>... Sure I can understand the dodgeball game, but she never even let him try out for the Talent Show, even after he proved to be one of the best Bass from the last challenge, and having a talent that could give them the win. As for the canoe thing she completely singled him out on the matter. Instead of telling DJ he's the only one who could do it, she instead lifts the dude's arms and says they arnt gonna cut it. that seems pretty mean. And if I said it once, I'll say it again who would you rather vote off a tough strong-bodied guy with more than a few tricks up their sleeve, or bossy girl who isnt overly fond of you, doesnt do random challenges, and doesnt care about what everone can bring to the table for the team. Personally, I woulda voted the latter off too. better chances of winning

Harold was more useless in the challenges then Courtney was. All Harold managed to have in his favor was his beatboxing. He caught only one ball in the dodgeball game, compared to Courtney, who threw out at least four campers and coerced Duncan to participate. That's her favor, not his. He also burned the oars in the canoe challenge, costing them the game were it not for Izzy's mouth. By contrast, Courtney came in third on the Awake-a-thon for the Bass (beating Harold among others) came in third for all campers in the Hell Week training (beating Harold again, among others). Jumping from the cliff did not cost the Bass the challenge, as the challenge was to build a hot tub, and practically all of the Bass failed in that regard (except, it seems, Courtney. She was not shown screwing up like Bridgette or Harold)

imverybasic

[32]Jun 25, 2009

stalemate666 wrote:

I forgot about that. Geff and DJ did pick on him but eventually stop. With Duncan, it was endless. I find a correlation between Courtney's kindness towards Harold in certain episodes. It's not just with Courtney, though. Others have had sudden bursts of kindness out of fear- usually when their team is at risk and Harold is used as a last resort to make his comeback. I don't know; it sounds like Harold is an underdog. He has made some mistakes but has also made comebacks just the same. I really don't think that Harold is such a bad guy as everyone makes it out to be. It sounds like he's pretty innocent considering that he got picked on towards the progression of the series, before the whole vote rigging incident. And something just occured to me. With this being said, how could have Harold contributed completely if he was getting picked on all the time. The reason why Harold was made out to be useless was because he wasn't given enough of a chance to prove himself. It's a given that though Courtney has contributed to the team, Harold has the most potential which is why I found him to be the underdog of The Killer Bass. He's got skills, but he just wasn't given enough of a chance considering that others' kept taking on the leadership roles. I'm saying that Harold has potential, though saying that he's brave, that would change things entirely.

Courtney was pretty useless in a few episodes. Harold did seem to initiate his team in the paintball challenge.

Edited on 06/25/2009 9:29pm

CrystalCoconut

[33]Jun 25, 2009
    Yup Courtneys a million times better then harold LETS DO THE COMPARE GAME AGAIN!
    1. Harold wins 0-1
    2. Courtney wins 1-1
    3. Courtney Wins 2-1
    4. Harold wins 2-2
    5. Tied 2-2
    6. Tied 2-2
    7. Courtney Wins 3-2
    8. Tied 3-2
    9. Cant decide since Harold's score isnt shown
    10. Harold wins 3-3 (Not Courtney's fault but ill do this for the harold fans)
    11. Courtney Wins 4-3

Cherrybubblegum

[34]Jun 25, 2009

Okay seriously, I DON'T think Harold's had enough -- I like him and all, but really he SHOULD get punished. He doesn't even feel guilty about it. And did you watch TDI? Geoff still kept on teasing Harold with Duncan. And honestly, Courtney's a better player than Harold. You're all like "ooh he won two challenges in a row", but really he was the LAST RESORT, and you're saying . And Chris said that Courtney was the Bass' only prospect in the Sucky Outdoors (look it up). And she played better than him in Dodgebrawl. He caught ONE ball. And to her credit, he had no materials with him. What could he do with no materials? How could she know that he was going to beatbox?

Oh and the scrawny arms comment, at least she was honest. Do you really think that Harold can push three canoes and six people across a lake? Exactly.

Do you really think that attacking someone's feelings is the same as pranking them? If you do, you have some really twisted views.

BomberFman34

[35]Jun 25, 2009
    Cherrybubblegum wrote:

Okay seriously, I DON'T think Harold's had enough -- I like him and all, but really he SHOULD get punished. He doesn't even feel guilty about it. And did you watch TDI? Geoff still kept on teasing Harold with Duncan. And honestly, Courtney's a better player than Harold. You're all like "ooh he won two challenges in a row", but really he was the LAST RESORT, and you're saying . And Chris said that Courtney was the Bass' only prospect in the Sucky Outdoors (look it up). And she played better than him in Dodgebrawl. He caught ONE ball. And to her credit, he had no materials with him. What could he do with no materials? How could she know that he was going to beatbox?

Oh and the scrawny arms comment, at least she was honest. Do you really think that Harold can push three canoes and six people across a lake? Exactly.

Do you really think that attacking someone's feelings is the same as pranking them? If you do, you have some really twisted views.

She could have learned that Harold was going to beatbox BY ASKING HIM.
    Also she didnt have to call him out on his lack of upper body strength, and kept her mouth shut. As for the dodgeball thing Harold has the dodge part of the game down, Courtney can throw but she needs to work on the dodge. I think she got hit square in the face, but its been forever since ive seen the episode. I'd call that a tie. As for the compare game....
    Cliff Jump: Harold 0-1
    Big Sleep: Courtney 1-1
    Dodgeball: Still givin' it to Courtney i guess 2-1
    Talent Show: Harold 2-2
    Sucky Outdoors: Both do nothing
    Phobia: Harold 2-3
    Up the Creek: Although Harold burnt the oars, if he handn't the Bass could have lost with regualr rowing instead of DJ speed. I'll say tie..
    Paintball: Tie neither did anything
    Cooking: Harold never scored apparently,thought he made the sauce for the pasta
    Trust: Harold 2-4
    Basic Straining: Courtney 3-4

PintheDog

[36]Jun 26, 2009
    BomberFman34 wrote:
    PintheDog wrote:

Because Ezekiel, Tyler, Katie, Sadie, Geoff, and DJ are always soooooo useful...>_>

Well, okay. BUT . . . Ezekiel, Katie, and Tyler were all gone by then, so that doesn't matter. Sadie, while not the best teammate, was eliminated that week for one of the dumbest reasons ever. Geoff led the Bass to victory in the cooking challenge, at least, so he's not that useless. I will give you D.J., though -- I truly do think he should've gone home the week of the trust exercises instead of Sadie.

PintheDog

[37]Jun 26, 2009
    BomberFman34 wrote:

That doesn't count as a point in Harold's favor because he didn't overcome his fear at all. He just ended up knocking himself out. Only Duncan, D.J., and, surprisingly, Sadie overcame their fears for the Bass.

stalemate666

[38]Jun 26, 2009
    PintheDog wrote:
    BomberFman34 wrote:

That doesn't count as a point in Harold's favor because he didn't overcome his fear at all. He just ended up knocking himself out. Only Duncan, D.J., and, surprisingly, Sadie overcame their fears for the Bass.

so many ppl are so biased in favor of Harold it's getting annoying,

NejiShikamaru

[39]Jun 26, 2009
    • level: 13
    Harold won't win, I really believe he won't...I don't get why so many people think he will.

Cherrybubblegum

[40]Jun 26, 2009
    Why must you be so biased, in Harold's favour. The first challenge was to build a hot tub, and Courtney's the only one who showed initiative. The trust challenge wasn't Courtney's fault, and if Beth didn't take the tiki doll off of the island they would've lost since Harold burned the oars.