We're moving Forums to the Community pages. Click here for more information and updates.

Does Harold deserve to be picked on by Duncan and Courtney so much?

Does Harold deserve to be picked on so much?

BrainMan820

[41]Jun 26, 2009
    • level: 16
    BomberFman34 wrote:
    Cherrybubblegum wrote:

Okay seriously, I DON'T think Harold's had enough -- I like him and all, but really he SHOULD get punished. He doesn't even feel guilty about it. And did you watch TDI? Geoff still kept on teasing Harold with Duncan. And honestly, Courtney's a better player than Harold. You're all like "ooh he won two challenges in a row", but really he was the LAST RESORT, and you're saying . And Chris said that Courtney was the Bass' only prospect in the Sucky Outdoors (look it up). And she played better than him in Dodgebrawl. He caught ONE ball. And to her credit, he had no materials with him. What could he do with no materials? How could she know that he was going to beatbox?

Oh and the scrawny arms comment, at least she was honest. Do you really think that Harold can push three canoes and six people across a lake? Exactly.

Do you really think that attacking someone's feelings is the same as pranking them? If you do, you have some really twisted views.

She could have learned that Harold was going to beatbox BY ASKING HIM. Also she didnt have to call him out on his lack of upper body strength, and kept her mouth shut. As for the dodgeball thing Harold has the dodge part of the game down, Courtney can throw but she needs to work on the dodge. I think she got hit square in the face, but its been forever since ive seen the episode. I'd call that a tie. As for the compare game.... Cliff Jump: Harold 0-1 Big Sleep: Courtney 1-1 Dodgeball: Still givin' it to Courtney i guess 2-1 Talent Show: Harold 2-2 Sucky Outdoors: Both do nothing Phobia: Harold 2-3 Up the Creek: Although Harold burnt the oars, if he handn't the Bass could have lost with regualr rowing instead of DJ speed. I'll say tie.. Paintball: Tie neither did anything Cooking: Harold never scored apparently,thought he made the sauce for the pasta Trust: Harold 2-4 Basic Straining: Courtney 3-4

Harold did not complete his phobia, that can't be considered a point in his favor. Both he and Courtney failed, which would constitute a tie. If you want to go deeper, Courtney's pep-talk helped Duncan complete his.

Why are you saying that about Up the Creek? The Bass clearly got to the beach before the Gophers.

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

CrystalCoconut

[42]Jun 26, 2009
    • level: 11
    Courtney is better then harold.
    Impossible to make it any different way.

terminoob

[43]Jun 26, 2009
    • level: 17
    I would love to know how this thread became ANOTHER "Who's better" thread...

CrystalCoconut

[44]Jun 26, 2009
    terminoob wrote:

read the posts and you'll find out

terminoob

[45]Jun 26, 2009
    • level: 17
    CrystalCoconut wrote:
    terminoob wrote:

All I found out is that people on this forum can't stay on topic for anything that involves Courtney and Harold.

mikey7199

[47]Jun 28, 2009
    • level: 6
    okay okay harold did okay in talent and extreme sports but got distracted dodgeball he only caught one and what did sadie geoff and dj tyler have to do whith anything now my answer is yes yes a million times yes he deserves it but i think duncan should have left for that i was a harold fan and a major courtney fan but now just courtney fan we all have gotten off topic duncan can pick on him alot duncan is my 4th favorite charecter 1st courtney then lindsey bridgette

CrystalCoconut

[48]Jun 28, 2009
    terminoob wrote:
    CrystalCoconut wrote:
    terminoob wrote:

All I found out is that people on this forum can't stay on topic for anything that involves Courtney and Harold.

oh well

TBMSFriday

[49]Jun 30, 2009
    • level: 9
    CrystalCoconut wrote:

You really enjoy defending Courtney, don't you..

But yeah, she is better, and (even though he still makes my top 10) I was less than fond of Harold after he voted her off....

It's so dumb, he should've went after Duncan...even though I would've been more pissed if he left...

kittiekat10105

[50]Jun 30, 2009
    • level: 18

Honestly, Harold shouldn't have cheated ANYONE out! When I get bullied, I just stand up to them! Sometimes they stop, sometimes they don't. But either way I earn respect from them. I say he was a coward to use the indirect approach. When Duncan and co. bugged him, all he did was say "Idiots" and "gosh". He didn't even put up much of a fight until he decided to be an idiot and cheat Courtney out.

Yeah go ahead and flame me. I'm just speaking from experience.

Edited on 06/30/2009 12:38pm
    Edited 3 total times.

CrystalCoconut

[51]Jun 30, 2009
    TBMSFriday wrote:
    CrystalCoconut wrote:

You really enjoy defending Courtney, don't you..

Yes, yes I do

PintheDog

[52]Jun 30, 2009
    • level: 29
    kittiekat10105 wrote:
    I say he was a coward to use the indirect approach.

Only after I said it.

Still, yes. Yes, he was. Absolutely. Like TBMSFriday said, Harold should've just done it to Duncan instead. If he really wanted to be the big man and gotten back at the guy who'd tortured him endlessly, then he should've done so by going after him directly and getting rid of him. (Or just standing up to him and telling him to stop.) I'd have applauded him and maybe said, "Atta boy, Harold! Good on you!" But by going after Duncan through someone he cared about rather than going right after him, and then just letting Duncan think someone else did it(!), he just made himself look even more spineless.

So yeah, Duncan has every right to be pissed off at Harold and pick on him, and so does Courtney.

kittiekat10105

[53]Jun 30, 2009
    • level: 18

PintheDog wrote:
    kittiekat10105 wrote:
    Only after I said it. Still, yes. Yes, he was. Absolutely. Like TBMSFriday said, Harold should've just done it to Duncan instead. If he really wanted to be the big man and gotten back at the guy who'd tortured him endlessly, then he should've done so by going after him directly and getting rid of him. (Or just standing up to him and telling him to stop.) I'd have applauded him and maybe said, "Atta boy, Harold! Good on you!" But by going after Duncan through someone he cared about rather than going right after him, and then just letting Duncan think someone else did it(!), he just made himself look even more spineless. So yeah, Duncan has every right to be pissed off at Harold and pick on him, and so does Courtney.

I would have been more sympathetic if he had gotten rid of Duncan, but I still would have been mad. I wish he had just STOOD UP to him, and hadn't cheated ANYONE out. That's what I'm saying.

But this IS a cartoon...I've been reading to much into this. I REALLY need a life.......

Edited on 06/30/2009 3:27pm

alagaesian

[54]Jun 30, 2009
    • level: 12
    PintheDog wrote:
    kittiekat10105 wrote:

Only after I said it.

Still, yes. Yes, he was. Absolutely. Like TBMSFriday said, Harold should've just done it to Duncan instead. If he really wanted to be the big man and gotten back at the guy who'd tortured him endlessly, then he should've done so by going after him directly and getting rid of him. (Or just standing up to him and telling him to stop.) I'd have applauded him and maybe said, "Atta boy, Harold! Good on you!" But by going after Duncan through someone he cared about rather than going right after him, and then just letting Duncan think someone else did it(!), he just made himself look even more spineless.

So yeah, Duncan has every right to be pissed off at Harold and pick on him, and so does Courtney.

This is a cartoon, so it's completely planned out by the writers to induce the most drama. It wouldn't really be dramatic to have Duncan voted off instead of Courtney, would it? She'd just hang around for a few more episodes, until she'd annoy the heck out of the other campers and audience with her bossiness, stuck-up attitude, or severely competitive nature. Even worse, she might revert to her goody-two-shoes mindset, and what would that do for plot development?

And, frankly, at that point in Duncan and Courtney's relationship, her getting voted off would be the only thing interesting to happen. After couples officially hook up, things get very boring. Look at what happened with Geoff and Bridgette! Duncan and Courtney could start getting tension in their relationship, sure, but that can only cause so much drama before it too gets boring. And then they'd have to break up, and like Gwen and Trent's TDA issues, one of them would get voted off. Then you have a couple that's completely wrung out of all drama-inducing possibilities, and both characters are only known for the relationship they had with the other. I, personally, would not want that to happen to Duncan and Courtney.

Not that I'm defending Harold. He overreacted to the entire situation. I'm just saying that his tampering with the votes was for the best. It was virtually the only way to kick Courtney off the island before their relationship could tire itself out. Duncan, Geoff, and DJ were all good friends, and Duncan would have told them not to vote her off. Bridgette had no reason to hate Courtney either. Harold was the only person who would have found a way to get rid of her, and since he was only one person, he had to break the rules. Plus, it's pretty apparent that his vendetta was one of the only things that they planned to use him for. He got voted off in the next episode.

R2szoo2

[55]Jul 1, 2009
    • level: 2
    I think that Courtney has every right to be pissed off at Harold and to torment him as much as possible. He pulled her into a conflict he was having with someone else, and illegally eliminated her. He never apologized to her or even showed remorse about what he did. Whether Duncan should be mean to Harold is more arguable, but I can see where he's coming from and the bottom line is that Harold took their fight to a whole different level, and I'm glad he isn't just letting Harold get away with doing what he did.

ultimatekey

[56]Jul 1, 2009
    • level: 22
    I don't know about you guys, but I think Harold did the right thing, I mean Duncan was bullying him so much that Harold voted off the person he cared about Courtney and plus Courtney was so annoying in that episode. It was so good that Courtney was looking at Harold at the bonfire with a grin on her face but she was surprised that she was the one got voted off and Duncan was sad. TAKE THAT DUNCAN!!!!!! But Harold should think of a prank to get back with Duncan, since Duncan bullies him so much.

imverybasic

[57]Jul 1, 2009

I agree. I think what Harold did was for the best. Okay, so by rigging the votes, he took the coward's way out. But you got to remember that it's not always easy to stand up to a person, and that's especially if it's somebody who could tear you limb from limb if they can't accept what they're hearing from that person. In a sense, actually, Harold did stand up to Duncan. Maybe not with face to face conforntation, but in his defense, he pulled a pretty smart move. Harold is a really nice guy and he probably figured that standing up to Duncan face to face would probably resulted him in getting pummled, maybe not. That thought is something to debate about. If I were to post this, I can already anticipate the next thing being said. That rigging the votes seemed rather pointless which has made his life a lot harder. Reading the posts, I understand why Duncan and Courtney are still pissed off at him. He pulled an illegal stunt and he should be punished. However, I personally don't think that Harold deserves to be bullied. Watching a few episodes, I've taken note that Harold has been teased and taunted ever since the beginning. From having a moustache drawn on his face to being publically humiliated, everybody thinks that Harold still hasn't had enough. Well before I can find any practical reason why Harold deserves to be abused more, I'd just like to clear up a few things.

1. You guys say that Harold did what he did and he never felt bad about it. But I seemed to have recalled him apologizing to Courtney on camera, saying that what he did to Courtney was harsh in 'Playa De Losers' and yes he mentioned that only Duncan was the one who put him through a difficult time. In my opinion, I think that Harold had every right to mention Courtney too, but didn't.

2. Harold is not as useless as everybody makes him out to be. Reading the posts, I've noticed a few people shared their own interpretation of the comparison game. Doing the comparsion game myself, I've found Harold to be resulted as quite resourceful, and yet, just undermined as a teammate. Also, counting up the results, I've come to the conclusion that the only thing that makes Courtney better than Harold is the fact that she is a good leader. Now I'm not denying the fact that she has contributed in a few challenges as well; being a good leader is crucial for survivor training, but Courtney has a lot to learn about being a good teammate. I'm not totally riding off her skills as a teammate. Courtney has definitely contributed to the team, but it just wasn't enough. Having her plans backfire in some of the challenges and being on the bottom two a few times, sometimes due to her 'CITing', I've come to the conclusion that she is not better than Harold. It seems that the only reason why Harold was proven to seemingly useless was because of Duncan taunting him along with the fact that his teammates hardly ever gave him a chance to prove himself. Everybody seems to be forgetting that Harold has come through in some challenges and I'm not just talking about the dodgeball and talent challenges. Harold a last resort? Well sure, of course Harold is a last resort. Nobody even thought of giving him a chance to begin with. If he was given more of an opportunity to compete, he wouldn't have to be the rebound guy all the time. Sure Harold's a wimp, but it's that very reason that he should be given a lot of credit. He's encountered a lot and has still managed to survive longer than the others. Even if Harold hasn't rigged the votes, Courtney might have been the one to make it further in the game, but could you really believe that Courtney has the capacity do deliver? Maybe as a leader, but she has to learn how to be in the background, too. Courtney has a lot to offer, but if Harold would have played the game fairly, and if Courtney would have been the one to still be standing, how do we know that her survival in the game can't also be the possibility that it could be a popularity contest? If anything, if anybody wants to compare Courtney to Harold, as far as I 'm concerned, the score should be tied up, if not, Harold should win. The fact that Harold made it further was an unfair fix, but he still proved to do well in the challenges, and I'm not counting the Heather incident because no one was really at fault. I agree that Harold shouldn't have gotten distracted but hey, it happens even to the best of us.

3. The moustache could have been anyone's damage. I'm torn between Heather and Duncan or any other member of The Killer Bass. Everybody was exhausted in the episode which could be understandale why Duncan might have not drawn on his face. But chances are more likely with The Killer Bass, than The Gophers. The Gophers weren't as tired, but in order for a Gopher to be at fault, someone would have had to sneak in to the other cabin just to draw on Harold's face. So my odds are with Duncan. First because he's nearby Harold; he could have done something. Second, Heather had no problems with Harold in the beginning. And finally, Duncan's a bully.

I'm not denying the fact that if Harold was being rediculed, he could just tell Duncan off or vote him off. But there would be no fun in the plotline and plus, Harold's a nice guy. He may not be tough, but I give him props for what he did. You'd think that a stunt like that would earn him some respect, but blame Duncan and Courtney for that. What Harold did was wrong, but I'd just like to point out that he's not the only one who's pulled a stunt before and that Duncan and Courtney should stop feeling the need to get revenge for everything.

Cherrybubblegum

[58]Jul 1, 2009
    • level: 5

Okay, seriously, what Harold did shouldn't earn any respect. I know this might seem like a low blow, but the main reason why people support Harold's cheating is because they were bullied before and can therefore relate to him. But really, what Harold did was heinous.

Anyway, let's get on to the points.

1) Harold was not sorry for what he did to Courtney. In Haut Camp-ture he admitted that it was harsh, but he didn't feel any remorse whatsoever. He even goes as far to say that Courtney was voting off his girlfriend in spite. Sound familiar?

2) Duncan most likely didn't draw the moustache on Harold since he was so sleep deprived, so Geoff probably did it. How would Harold know?

3) Duncan is a bully - that what they do, bully. Now, I'm not a bully, per se, but I do understand where they come from. It was for good-humoured fun, not to actually hurt him or it was because Harold annoyed him. Duncan probably didn't realize that he took it to far until it was way too late.

4) Courtney had every right to say what she said to Harold pre-Basic Straining. The challenges in TDI tended to be more physical than mental challenges, which puts Harold at a disadvantage.

5) If Harold really had anything to say, he could've just said it instead of saying "gosh" or "idiots". Seriously, it's not that hard to say stuff to people.

And why do you guys think it's smart? What if Duncan won Total Drama Island? He'd have a hundred grand AND still hurt Harold.

In all seriousness though, the main reason they had to do that was because they couldn't find a plausible reason to eliminate Courtney because she was on good terms with her team. So obviously, they had to do that, so really I'm not mad about that, but I don't agree with what Harold did.

CrystalCoconut

[59]Jul 2, 2009
    imverybasic wrote:

I agree. I think what Harold did was for the best. Okay, so by rigging the votes, he took the coward's way out. But you got to remember that it's not always easy to stand up to a person, and that's especially if it's somebody who could tear you limb from limb if they can't accept what they're hearing from that person. In a sense, actually, Harold did stand up to Duncan. Maybe not with face to face conforntation, but in his defense, he pulled a pretty smart move. Harold is a really nice guy and he probably figured that standing up to Duncan face to face would probably resulted him in getting pummled, maybe not. That thought is something to debate about. If I were to post this, I can already anticipate the next thing being said. That rigging the votes seemed rather pointless which has made his life a lot harder. Reading the posts, I understand why Duncan and Courtney are still pissed off at him. He pulled an illegal stunt and he should be punished. However, I personally don't think that Harold deserves to be bullied. Watching a few episodes, I've taken note that Harold has been teased and taunted ever since the beginning. From having a moustache drawn on his face to being publically humiliated, everybody thinks that Harold still hasn't had enough. Well before I can find any practical reason why Harold deserves to be abused more, I'd just like to clear up a few things.

1. You guys say that Harold did what he did and he never felt bad about it. But I seemed to have recalled him apologizing to Courtney on camera, saying that what he did to Courtney was harsh in 'Playa De Losers' and yes he mentioned that only Duncan was the one who put him through a difficult time. In my opinion, I think that Harold had every right to mention Courtney too, but didn't.

2. Harold is not as useless as everybody makes him out to be. Reading the posts, I've noticed a few people shared their own interpretation of the comparison game. Doing the comparsion game myself, I've found Harold to be resulted as quite resourceful, and yet, just undermined as a teammate. Also, counting up the results, I've come to the conclusion that the only thing that makes Courtney better than Harold is the fact that she is a good leader. Now I'm not denying the fact that she has contributed in a few challenges as well; being a good leader is crucial for survivor training, but Courtney has a lot to learn about being a good teammate. I'm not totally riding off her skills as a teammate. Courtney has definitely contributed to the team, but it just wasn't enough. Having her plans backfire in some of the challenges and being on the bottom two a few times, sometimes due to her 'CITing', I've come to the conclusion that she is not better than Harold. It seems that the only reason why Harold was proven to seemingly useless was because of Duncan taunting him along with the fact that his teammates hardly ever gave him a chance to prove himself. Everybody seems to be forgetting that Harold has come through in some challenges and I'm not just talking about the dodgeball and talent challenges. Harold a last resort? Well sure, of course Harold is a last resort. Nobody even thought of giving him a chance to begin with. If he was given more of an opportunity to compete, he wouldn't have to be the rebound guy all the time. Sure Harold's a wimp, but it's that very reason that he should be given a lot of credit. He's encountered a lot and has still managed to survive longer than the others. Even if Harold hasn't rigged the votes, Courtney might have been the one to make it further in the game, but could you really believe that Courtney has the capacity do deliver? Maybe as a leader, but she has to learn how to be in the background, too. Courtney has a lot to offer, but if Harold would have played the game fairly, and if Courtney would have been the one to still be standing, how do we know that her survival in the game can't also be the possibility that it could be a popularity contest? If anything, if anybody wants to compare Courtney to Harold, as far as I 'm concerned, the score should be tied up, if not, Harold should win. The fact that Harold made it further was an unfair fix, but he still proved to do well in the challenges, and I'm not counting the Heather incident because no one was really at fault. I agree that Harold shouldn't have gotten distracted but hey, it happens even to the best of us.

3. The moustache could have been anyone's damage. I'm torn between Heather and Duncan or any other member of The Killer Bass. Everybody was exhausted in the episode which could be understandale why Duncan might have not drawn on his face. But chances are more likely with The Killer Bass, than The Gophers. The Gophers weren't as tired, but in order for a Gopher to be at fault, someone would have had to sneak in to the other cabin just to draw on Harold's face. So my odds are with Duncan. First because he's nearby Harold; he could have done something. Second, Heather had no problems with Harold in the beginning. And finally, Duncan's a bully.

I'm not denying the fact that if Harold was being rediculed, he could just tell Duncan off or vote him off. But there would be no fun in the plotline and plus, Harold's a nice guy. He may not be tough, but I give him props for what he did. You'd think that a stunt like that would earn him some respect, but blame Duncan and Courtney for that. What Harold did was wrong, but I'd just like to point out that he's not the only one who's pulled a stunt before and that Duncan and Courtney should stop feeling the need to get revenge for everything.

I dont see it humanly possible to make Harold seem better or tied with Courtney.
    Plz let me see this comparison u have

imverybasic

[60]Jul 2, 2009

Okay, so here's my take on the comparison. I'm not going to count this in points, but I'll just state the reasons. So here we go:

1. Nothing happened

2. Originally, Harold and Courtney both deserved a point: Harold for jumping into the water and Courtney taking the initiative to lead her team. Although, Courtney ended up at the bottom and almost got voted off.

3. Courtney: She made it further in the sleeping challenge. Enough said.

4. Harold: Courtney may have threw some balls but most of it came from Duncan's scheme. Harold couldn't throw the ball, but he managed to catch it and dodge a few of them.

5. Harold: He came through and won the challenge. Courtney is not at fault for being injured that was Bridgette but hypothetically, if that never happened. Would Chef say that Courtney is better at the violin than Harold is at beat boxing. I guess we'll never know.

6. Courtney: Once again, she takes the initiative to lead her team. Although, it was Katie and Sadie who costed the challenge.

7. Harold: None of them were shown to face their phobias but the odds come closer in to Harold's favour because Courtney lied to everybody about not having any fears whereas the only thing that stood in Harold's way was his clumsiness. Whether or not he was either clumsy or that he could have also purposely hit himself over the head, that's debatable. Whether or not he did, Courtney still ended up on the bottom two.

8. Courtney: Just because Harold burned the oars.

9. Harold: Him and Geoff initiated their team in Paintball Deer Hunting challenge. Courtney was a deer, which wasn't her choice. Something tells me though that she could have tried harder with what she had instead of arguing with Duncan.

10. Harold: He successfully caught Bridgette on the trapeze. Being the target wasn't Courtney's choice, so she deserves a break.

11. Courtney: Courtney dominates Harold in this challenge, only because Geoff, DJ and Duncan took his undergarments. But even still, Harold still attempted to help his team.

12. Courtney: She lasted longer than Harold. But she also pulled a stunt. It doesn't compare to what Harold did, but unlike Courtney, Harold had a plausable motive for his stunt.

So basically, the score's tied up. So Harold might have not been the strongest competetor, but we can't totally ride off the fact that he is useless. Judging by what he could do, Harold has taken gymnastics and has said that he's taken figure skating. There are different kinds of strengths and maybe Harold would have still been put at a disadvantage, but it's more sensible in to giving the opportunity, before judging.

Courtney had no right to make those comments. Sure, they're true but she didn't have to point it out.

Duncan's a bully and I understand why bullies do what they do. But they shouldn't have to take out their problems on others, especially on someone who has done nothing wrong before. Whether Duncan realized on what he was doing or not, that seems debatable.

Harold shouldn't have to feel remorse for what he did. Courtney was just lucky that Harold went the extra mile to apologize. If going as far to accuse someone for voting off their boyfriend/girlfriend out of spite was so heinous, does that mean that threatening them about their private life isn't?

How could Harold possibly stand up to people who could tear you limb from limb? Everybody beleives that standing up to a bully is so easy, but in reality, it isn't. Saying "gosh" or "idiots" may have not been the ideal thing to do, but at least Harold went as far as to say something, considering that he's prone to be a pushover.