We're moving Forums to the Community pages. Click here for more information and updates.

Does Harold deserve to be picked on by Duncan and Courtney so much?

Does Harold deserve to be picked on so much?

BrainMan820

[501]Oct 21, 2009
    • level: 16

Hold on a moment, Brodoin. You say that Harold is a protagonist, and give no other reason then that you say so? Doesn't fly. In the least. Harold exploited a compliment out of Duncan by using Leshawna's gas. Further, why are you ignoring Harold's cheating. DJ shows us the protagonist's way of dealing with cheating: He eliminates himself for following the rules.

Just because you think the two should have split the money doesn't mean they should.

Why does Courtney need to "rescue" them again? Because you say so? She didn't think they were in trouble after the countdown starts: She out and out states she thinks it's another trick by Chris. Leshawna just said she'd rather not chance it. If they are forcing Courtney to do what they want, why shouldn't she turn a profit?

What does Courtney playing hard-to-get have to do with using her looks to manipulate Justin?

Just because Justin was at a low point then doesn't mean he's going to be at a low point forever. If you recall, Justin manipulated the girls into voting of Izzy using his looks after he lost them. It's strategy.

Beth took Courtney's PDA, and then kept it to try and talk to her boyfriend. That's theft. It's how she discovered Leshawna's rant against the cast, remember.

Lindsay neither hesitated nor looked regretful. She just told Courtney no one liked her. She paused because she was speaking two sentences. Don't throw your subjective opinion into this.

Why are you bringing up Noah as an example? All Gophers were angry with him for his acid tongue; him being nasty to Courtney is not an example of her being annoying.

Leshawna's insults had everything to do with Courtney, are you crazy? She specifically insulted Courtney (and no one else) even when the two had a cordial relationship throughout TDI. Apparently, the two talked enough for Courtney to divulge the secret about Bunny.

Courtney's large bone is actually more of a hindrance given her proximity. She wouldn't be able to swing it very well, and she has her own balance to worry about.

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

shishkabob999

[502]Oct 21, 2009
    • level: 9

Brainman: I think one of the reasons you think people "overlook" Harold's cheating is because it happened only once. However, Courtney has won immunity three times in a row and performed extremely well in the two challenges before that. Sure, it wasn't cheating, but quantity over quality in this case means that Courtney just keeps doing those small things episode after episode.

I think that you're missing that the direction of Justin changed after episode 11. Sure, he did use his looks to manipulate the girls then, but from episode 16 and on he basically gives up the fact that he'll never control girls again and he's now a "circus freak" - with a couple examples of him trying and specifically failing (in both Dial M for Merger and The Princess Pride).

Leshawna insulted everyone, not just Courtney. Her insults hurt their friendship... also hurt the relationhip between her and Harold (although it didn't as much with Beth and Lindsay).

Ha, acid tongue, I'm so using that. And I think those two have quite a few similarities.

n5d25d90

[503]Oct 21, 2009
    • level: 8
    Wait, so exploiting a compliment makes you an antagonist, but profiting off of peoples' fears that they're going to die does NOT make you an antagonist?

I have yet to find proof that Courtney absolutely knew that the building wasn't going to blow up. She was in the dark just like everyone else. I'm not saying she didn't know, but how do YOU know she didn't?

Courtney beat Harold up with a light post. That's assault.

Considering the fact that Courtney can lift a light post, I'm sure she'd have no problems lifting a large bone.

imverybasic

[504]Oct 21, 2009
    BrainMan820 wrote:
    Just because you think the two should have split the money doesn't mean they should.

Why does Courtney need to "rescue" them again? Because you say so? She didn't think they were in trouble after the countdown starts: She out and out states she thinks it's another trick by Chris. Leshawna just said she'd rather not chance it. If they are forcing Courtney to do what they want, why shouldn't she turn a profit?

What does Courtney playing hard-to-get have to do with using her looks to manipulate Justin?

Just because Justin was at a low point then doesn't mean he's going to be at a low point forever. If you recall, Justin manipulated the girls into voting of Izzy using his looks after he lost them. It's strategy.

Beth took Courtney's PDA, and then kept it to try and talk to her boyfriend. That's theft. It's how she discovered Leshawna's rant against the cast, remember.

Lindsay neither hesitated nor looked regretful. She just told Courtney no one liked her. She paused because she was speaking two sentences. Don't throw your subjective opinion into this.

Why are you bringing up Noah as an example? All Gophers were angry with him for his acid tongue; him being nasty to Courtney is not an example of her being annoying.

Leshawna's insults had everything to do with Courtney, are you crazy? She specifically insulted Courtney (and no one else) even when the two had a cordial relationship throughout TDI. Apparently, the two talked enough for Courtney to divulge the secret about Bunny.

Courtney's large bone is actually more of a hindrance given her proximity. She wouldn't be able to swing it very well, and she has her own balance to worry about.

Since Duncan was the root to Courtney's success, it's the least she could have done for him. They basically worked together, but Duncan had to endure most of the physical obstacles. I think a little appreciation for Duncan was in order.

Again, Courtney's not getting it. Whether she believed Chris or not, doesn't make any difference. And I would have to agree with n5, how do you know that whether she did or not? All we know is that Courtney asked whether Chris was serious or not. Yes, this is a possible sign that she didn't believe him. On the other hand, she said "ride to freedom," meaning that part of her believed that Chris blew up the building.

You misinterpret my statement. I said that she played with both Justin and Duncan, but on separate levels. She tried to use Justin's feelings against him in one episode, whilst leading him on to make Duncan feel jealous. Playing hard to get had nothing to do with it. She's just trying to make Duncan suffer for what supposedly happened between him and Gwen. Her playing hard to get was on a separate basis.

I didn't say he would be at a low-point forever. I said that he was at a low point for a large amount of time. Even before his "near death" experience you will notice that Justin's charma already began to wore off. He didn't accomplish much seeing as it didn't last long.

You're continuing to miss the fact that Courtney's PDA fell out of her pocket countless times and that Beth was only trying to return it to her. The only time that I could recall Beth ever trying to keep in touch with her boyfriend --and remember that Beth tried to get Courtney's attention by informing her that she found it before doing so--was in Million Dollar Babies. Beth kept trying to report this to her mid-match, and Courtney was distracted. This is not Beth's fault considering that Courtney paid no attention to her. Beth is just being kind. This is not theft. This is honesty. Theft is where you snoop through someone's belongings and take something from there. Beth did not do that to Courtney. She just simply found her PDA and tried to return it to her. If anything, it's Courtney's fault for being so careless and irresponsible.

I don't know what you mean by speaking two sentences. Courtney was complaining to Lindsay about how unfairly she was eliminated and Lindsay responded. She merely just pointed out the truth. She did not try to be malevolent or spiteful towards her in anyway. Not like Heather-- who apparently tells it like it is-- who would deliberately attempt to shoot Courtney down. And the reason I bring Noah into this is because if you remember, Lindsay was not the only one who felt this way. Noah was pretty fed up. The fact that he mouthed off to the Gophers had nothing to do with his interaction with Courtney. Courtney just kept whining and complaining about being eliminated. Yes, Courtney has/had the right to be angry, but anybody who would have to hear her complain about it 24/7 is just as entitled to feeling the same way. It's the same case with her and Harold. Where she continued to call him out on his upper body strength without any valid reason. This is a lot more malicious to compared to what Lindsay has said. This is not only malevolent, but this is also considered verbal abuse, which is uncalled for. And also if you happen to notice, every episode after Dial M For Merger, Lindsay has gone of her way to get in good terms with Courtney. A malevolent person would never try to get on someone's good side unless they wanted something from them.

What?! When has Leshawna ever insulted Courtney? All she said to Duncan was that he had feelings for her and she knew about Bunny. How is this considered an insult, exactly?

No. Courtney had the upperhand. She had Duncan by the wrist. She had a larger bone. She is physically strong. All she could have done was jab Duncan into the tar. This was an easy win for her. An opportunuity like this does not take much to come through with.

BrainMan820

[505]Oct 21, 2009
    shishkabob999 wrote:

Brainman: I think one of the reasons you think people "overlook" Harold's cheating is because it happened only once. However, Courtney has won immunity three times in a row and performed extremely well in the two challenges before that. Sure, it wasn't cheating, but quantity over quality in this case means that Courtney just keeps doing those small things episode after episode.

I think that you're missing that the direction of Justin changed after episode 11. Sure, he did use his looks to manipulate the girls then, but from episode 16 and on he basically gives up the fact that he'll never control girls again and he's now a "circus freak" - with a couple examples of him trying and specifically failing (in both Dial M for Merger and The Princess Pride).

Leshawna insulted everyone, not just Courtney. Her insults hurt their friendship... also hurt the relationhip between her and Harold (although it didn't as much with Beth and Lindsay).

Ha, acid tongue, I'm so using that. And I think those two have quite a few similarities.

Just because Harold only cheated one time does not make the offense less severe. Further, Courtney winning immunity does not make her an antagonist.

In "Princess Pride" he still tried to manipulate Lindsay and Beth, it just wasn't working. That doesn't mean that he no longer has the skill to do so.

True, Leshawna insulted everyone, but I'm talking about when Courtney returned, not about the spa date thing. First thing out of Leshawna's mouth was an insult.

BrainMan820

[506]Oct 21, 2009

n5d25d90 wrote:
    Wait, so exploiting a compliment makes you an antagonist, but profiting off of peoples' fears that they're going to die does NOT make you an antagonist? I have yet to find proof that Courtney absolutely knew that the building wasn't going to blow up. She was in the dark just like everyone else. I'm not saying she didn't know, but how do YOU know she didn't? Courtney beat Harold up with a light post. That's assault. Considering the fact that Courtney can lift a light post, I'm sure she'd have no problems lifting a large bone.

I never said Courtney wasn't ruthless, I said Harold wasn't a protagonist. They are not exclusive.

Courtney didn't believe the building was going to blow up: She thought it was a trick by Chris. She states so in the show.

Okay, Courtney beat up Harold with a light post. What does that have to do with anything? And I never said Courtney couldn't lift a large bone; I said a weapon of that size is a hindrance when you're standing as close as Duncan and Courtney were.

BrainMan820

[507]Oct 21, 2009
    imverybasic wrote:
    BrainMan820 wrote:

Since Duncan was the root to Courtney's success, it's the least she could have done for him. They basically worked together, but Duncan had to endure most of the physical obstacles. I think a little appreciation for Duncan was in order.

Again, Courtney's not getting it. Whether she believed Chris or not, doesn't make any difference. And I would have to agree with n5, how do you know that whether she did or not? All we know is that Courtney asked whether Chris was serious or not. Yes, this is a possible sign that she didn't believe him. On the other hand, she said "ride to freedom," meaning that part of her believed that Chris blew up the building.

You misinterpret my statement. I said that she played with both Justin and Duncan, but on separate levels. She tried to use Justin's feelings against him in one episode, whilst leading him on to make Duncan feel jealous. Playing hard to get had nothing to do with it. She's just trying to make Duncan suffer for what supposedly happened between him and Gwen. Her playing hard to get was on a separate basis.

I didn't say he would be at a low-point forever. I said that he was at a low point for a large amount of time. Even before his "near death" experience you will notice that Justin's charma already began to wore off. He didn't accomplish much seeing as it didn't last long.

You're continuing to miss the fact that Courtney's PDA fell out of her pocket countless times and that Beth was only trying to return it to her. The only time that I could recall Beth ever trying to keep in touch with her boyfriend --and remember that Beth tried to get Courtney's attention by informing her that she found it before doing so--was in Million Dollar Babies. Beth kept trying to report this to her mid-match, and Courtney was distracted. This is not Beth's fault considering that Courtney paid no attention to her. Beth is just being kind. This is not theft. This is honesty. Theft is where you snoop through someone's belongings and take something from there. Beth did not do that to Courtney. She just simply found her PDA and tried to return it to her. If anything, it's Courtney's fault for being so careless and irresponsible.

I don't know what you mean by speaking two sentences. Courtney was complaining to Lindsay about how unfairly she was eliminated and Lindsay responded. She merely just pointed out the truth. She did not try to be malevolent or spiteful towards her in anyway. Not like Heather-- who apparently tells it like it is-- who would deliberately attempt to shoot Courtney down. And the reason I bring Noah into this is because if you remember, Lindsay was not the only one who felt this way. Noah was pretty fed up. The fact that he mouthed off to the Gophers had nothing to do with his interaction with Courtney. Courtney just kept whining and complaining about being eliminated. Yes, Courtney has/had the right to be angry, but anybody who would have to hear her complain about it 24/7 is just as entitled to feeling the same way. It's the same case with her and Harold. Where she continued to call him out on his upper body strength without any valid reason. This is a lot more malicious to compared to what Lindsay has said. This is not only malevolent, but this is also considered verbal abuse, which is uncalled for. And also if you happen to notice, every episode after Dial M For Merger, Lindsay has gone of her way to get in good terms with Courtney. A malevolent person would never try to get on someone's good side unless they wanted something from them.

What?! When has Leshawna ever insulted Courtney? All she said to Duncan was that he had feelings for her and she knew about Bunny. How is this considered an insult, exactly?

No. Courtney had the upperhand. She had Duncan by the wrist. She had a larger bone. She is physically strong. All she could have done was jab Duncan into the tar. This was an easy win for her. An opportunuity like this does not take much to come through with.

You're wasting your time saying Duncan and Courtney should split the money. They had no agreement between them; thus, Courtney did not have to take care of him. After all, he simply twisted his ankle. He's not at risk for death or anything.

Actually, whether she believes Chris makes all the difference. If she doesn't think the building will blow, why should she escape it, particularly hanging from a zipline gun?

Prove that she was trying to make Duncan suffer for getting close to Gwen. Show me, when Courtney got back, she set out to do that. ALl it looks like is what Courtney stated: she was manipulating Justin. Duncan did everything on his own.

Beth TOOK Courtney's PDA. I'm not saying she "stole" it from her pocket or anything, but Beth picked it up, tried to return it, and, when Courtney didn't answer her, took it for herself. That is theft; it is Courtney's PDA and Beth was using it willingly without permission. God, you people will justify anything. Courtney's PDA fell out of her pocket only twice, and the other time, Beth took it while Courtney slept.

Lindsay never went out of her way to be friends with Courtney: She was simply happy to go on a trip to a cheese factory with her. The insults flew as soon as "Super Hero-id" started. Further, Lindsay was being malevolent: She stated no one liked Courtney, when the two have had absolutely no intereaction. Further, she doesn't speak for everyone.

You miss the point about Noah: Noah insults everyone. It has nothing to do with being fed up or not. He wasn't fed up with the Gophers when they lost dodgeball, and he still insulted them.

Leshawna insulted Courtney as soon as she came back during the period movie "Now that Cutthroat Courtney is back, you'll need to watch your back." Courtney never showed any cutthroated tactics.

You seem to not be capable of understanding about the bone. A weapon like that is not very good in close quarters for the same reason why a kick or a long sword is not capable: it's too big to be used in the space provided. A jab like that is the best use of a bad situation. If you recall, Chris gave the bones specifically because there were two columns, where the large ones would be more useful.

alagaesian

[508]Oct 22, 2009
    • level: 12
    Woah. It just hit me how incredibly pointless this is.

I just have a question for BrainMan. Who do you want to win, then? Courtney or Harold? You continually say that Courtney is an antagonist, and yet you are obviously a Courtney fan. Are you enough of a fan to actually want an antagonist to win? Or do you hate Harold so much that you would rather have the main antagonist win instead of him?

animation_luver

[509]Oct 22, 2009
    • level: 3
    alagaesian wrote:
    Woah. It just hit me how incredibly pointless this is. I just have a question for BrainMan. Who do you want to win, then? Courtney or Harold? You continually say that Courtney is an antagonist, and yet you are obviously a Courtney fan. Are you enough of a fan to actually want an antagonist to win? Or do you hate Harold so much that you would rather have the main antagonist win instead of him?
    i realized how pointless it was when the arguement went from whther harold deserved bullying to an arguement between 2 people that resulted in a versus thread

Brodoin15

[510]Oct 22, 2009
    • level: 20

Even if Courtney didn't have the room to use the bone to knock Duncan down, she could have easily pushed him off.

He was caught up in the moment of kissing Courtney. From the looks of things, he wasn't even paying attention to the challenge anymore. All Courtney had to really do was move out of the way, and push, and he very well most likely would've went down.

What she did was just a cheap shot.

And if Harold isn't a protagonist, what is he? He hasn't done enough to be an antagonist, like Duncan and Courtney, and he's not an anti-hero. (Someone who does good things, in a bad way, like the Punisher.)

What do you think he is? Because, honestly, he seems like a protagonist to me, and several others. Sure he's done some bad things, but not enough to be a bad guy.

Edited on 10/22/2009 10:02am

imverybasic

[511]Oct 22, 2009
    BrainMan820 wrote:
    You're wasting your time saying Duncan and Courtney should split the money. They had no agreement between them; thus, Courtney did not have to take care of him. After all, he simply twisted his ankle. He's not at risk for death or anything.

Actually, whether she believes Chris makes all the difference. If she doesn't think the building will blow, why should she escape it, particularly hanging from a zipline gun?

Prove that she was trying to make Duncan suffer for getting close to Gwen. Show me, when Courtney got back, she set out to do that. ALl it looks like is what Courtney stated: she was manipulating Justin. Duncan did everything on his own.

Beth TOOK Courtney's PDA. I'm not saying she "stole" it from her pocket or anything, but Beth picked it up, tried to return it, and, when Courtney didn't answer her, took it for herself. That is theft; it is Courtney's PDA and Beth was using it willingly without permission. God, you people will justify anything. Courtney's PDA fell out of her pocket only twice, and the other time, Beth took it while Courtney slept.

Lindsay never went out of her way to be friends with Courtney: She was simply happy to go on a trip to a cheese factory with her. The insults flew as soon as "Super Hero-id" started. Further, Lindsay was being malevolent: She stated no one liked Courtney, when the two have had absolutely no intereaction. Further, she doesn't speak for everyone.

You miss the point about Noah: Noah insults everyone. It has nothing to do with being fed up or not. He wasn't fed up with the Gophers when they lost dodgeball, and he still insulted them.

Leshawna insulted Courtney as soon as she came back during the period movie "Now that Cutthroat Courtney is back, you'll need to watch your back." Courtney never showed any cutthroated tactics.

You seem to not be capable of understanding about the bone. A weapon like that is not very good in close quarters for the same reason why a kick or a long sword is not capable: it's too big to be used in the space provided. A jab like that is the best use of a bad situation. If you recall, Chris gave the bones specifically because there were two columns, where the large ones would be more useful.

No I'm not. I'm just stating that they should. This is my opinion. And since Duncan ended up doing the most suffering, and instead of helping him up, Courtney leaves him behind. This is selfishness and betrayal.

Good question. Why would she escape it if she didn't believe the building wasn't going to blow up? Well, she escaped from it even though she didn't believe it was going to in the first place. She may have stated this in the beginning, but how do you know that during the time after that, she didn't change her mind? It would simply make no sense. She could have believed that the building segment wasn't part of the challenge and then just stuck around until the countdown ended.

She basically takes her anger out on him in challenges. She hits him in the groin, shoves diapers in his mouth... these which are all completely unneccessary. She mouthed off to him in Million Bucks BC, which was also wasn't needed.

Picking up someone's belongings and trying to return it to them still isn't considered as theft. Beth did try to give it back to Courney before doing anything else. She thought that while Courtney was distracted, she couldn't get caught. When she tried to make the call to her boyfirend, Beth simply remained in the same place as Courtney. She didn't take her PDA outside with her, or anything like that. That would be theft. Plus you seemed to be foregtting all the other times with Beth taking her PDA have been accidental. And without even hearing her out, Courtney instead threatened her. Beth has been nothing but nice to her. If anything, blame Courtney for being irresponsible and not taking better care of her things. Don't blame Beth who has been trying to be a good person and return them to her.

She said, "Isn't that great Courtney? We get to cut the cheese together". Lindsay was happy about having someone to go with. If Lindsay would be malevolent, she would whine about being stuck with Courtney. Why would you think that Lindsay would be speaking for everyone if she was merely stating the truth? Courtney was mean, nasty and horrible towards her teammates. You can't expect someone to keep quiet about it.

Noah insults everyone. So? Just because Noah has bad judgement doesn't mean he's never right. Let me just ask you this: If you were placed in a room with ten people, and one person constantly complained about something, wouldn't it get on your nerves? Fine, Courtney lost. She has a right to be angry about it but seriously, broken record much? If I had to be stuck with someone who complained and badmouthed so many people, I would tell them to shut it. Why? Because it's nerve racking. No one in the right mind would want to hear about it. At least not on a daily basis. Noah was just being blunt. Maybe everybody was too afraid to come forward to risk getting beaten by a lampost, but Noah pretty much told it like it is. And if Duncan was there, he'd tell it like it is, too and he is supposedly her boyfriend.

Courtney has shown many cutthroat tendencies in TDI. Again, she was and still is mean, nasty, controlling and overall competitive. She has betrayed some of her fellow teammates and has called them out on their faults. Courtney has shown to be selfish and inconsiderate for others' well beings. She would abandon someone for a million dollars. Plus, she beat Harold with a lampost. And about Leshawna: Yes Courtney said something nice about her, but acting vicious towards ther people makes you hated. And because of that, Leshawna now has been added to her list of enemies. And this is also why Lindsay said what she said. Knowing Lindsay, she didn't go out of her way to tick Courtney off but again, Courtney was whining, and she pretty much asked for it.

So your saying that a bone is too heavy to be utilized in close quarters, but a lampost isn't?

shishkabob999

[512]Oct 22, 2009

imverybasic wrote:
    She said, "Isn't that great Courtney? We get to cut the cheese together". Lindsay was happy about having someone to go with. If Lindsay would be malevolent, she would whine about being stuck with Courtney.

I still don't understand how anyone can see Lindsay as malevolent, since she doesn't understand that Courtney doesn't like her, and it took her WEEKS to realize that Heather hated her. However, the thing that she said that was really negative about Courtney was that she was "bossy mcsmartypants" and a "know-it-all". So that might go either way, depending on how stupid you think Lindsay is.

imverybasic wrote:
    If you were placed in a room with ten people, and one person constantly complained about something, wouldn't it get on your nerves? Fine, Courtney lost. She has a right to be angry about it but seriously, broken record much? If I had to be stuck with someone who complained and badmouthed so many people, I would tell them to shut it. Why? Because it's nerve racking. No one in the right mind would want to hear about it. At least not on a daily basis. Noah was just being blunt. Maybe everybody was too afraid to come forward to risk getting beaten by a lampost, but Noah pretty much told it like it is. And if Duncan was there, he'd tell it like it is, too and he is supposedly her boyfriend.

Also, remember that even EZEKIEL though that she should lay off Harold. Unlike Noah or Lindsay, he's pretty much the most neutral camper out of all of them (and don't use his sexist comments to dispute that, he meant girls in general and not girls on his team), and she brained him with a lamppost.

imverybasic

[513]Oct 22, 2009

Right. This is what I kept telling BrainMan. That Lindsay meant nothing by on what she says. Only that she was just pointing out the truth. Not like Heather, who has a knack for shooting evrybody down. But are you defending me or BrainMan?

shishkabob999

[514]Oct 22, 2009
    With Lindsay, I'm saying clearly that it could go either way. Although I do agree with you about Courtney at the Playa.

imverybasic

[515]Oct 22, 2009
    Yep. Although knowing Lindsay, she probably wouldn't go out of her way to insult Courtney. She did say that she stunk in Hero-ID, but I don't think she knew that Courtney would get upset by it.

BrainMan820

[516]Oct 22, 2009

alagaesian wrote:
    Woah. It just hit me how incredibly pointless this is. I just have a question for BrainMan. Who do you want to win, then? Courtney or Harold? You continually say that Courtney is an antagonist, and yet you are obviously a Courtney fan. Are you enough of a fan to actually want an antagonist to win? Or do you hate Harold so much that you would rather have the main antagonist win instead of him?

Is this exclusive? If not, neither of them. Harold doesn't deserve victory for his actions; he deserved complete and total disqualification for cheating. Courtney should not win because she returned mid-season. While she deserves compensation for the injustice, it should have been a guarenteed "in" to TDA, whether or not she was at the Dock or not. As it stands now, I don't think she should.

If it is exclusive between the two, then Courtney. Nothing Courtney has done justifies disqualification; Harold does.

BrainMan820

[517]Oct 22, 2009
    Brodoin15 wrote:

Even if Courtney didn't have the room to use the bone to knock Duncan down, she could have easily pushed him off.

He was caught up in the moment of kissing Courtney. From the looks of things, he wasn't even paying attention to the challenge anymore. All Courtney had to really do was move out of the way, and push, and he very well most likely would've went down.

And if Harold isn't a protagonist, what is he? He hasn't done enough to be an antagonist, like Duncan and Courtney, and he's not an anti-hero. (Someone who does good things, in a bad way, like the Punisher.)

What do you think he is? Because, honestly, he seems like a protagonist to me, and several others. Sure he's done some bad things, but not enough to be a bad guy.

And where, exactly, would Courtney move? She has absolutely no space up there to step aside. Further, Courtney herself is in a very precarious position. Her balance is off, she has no room to manuever. A false step is failure.

What is Harold? In a word, antagonist. Protagonists do not cheat, and if they do cheat, they own up and accept the punishment, as DJ did. Harold was a heinous cheater. That's antagonistic enough. It doesn't matter how many things one does, what matters is what is done.

BrainMan820

[518]Oct 22, 2009
    imverybasic wrote:
    BrainMan820 wrote:

No I'm not. I'm just stating that they should. This is my opinion. And since Duncan ended up doing the most suffering, and instead of helping him up, Courtney leaves him behind. This is selfishness and betrayal.

Good question. Why would she escape it if she didn't believe the building wasn't going to blow up? Well, she escaped from it even though she didn't believe it was going to in the first place. She may have stated this in the beginning, but how do you know that during the time after that, she didn't change her mind? It would simply make no sense. She could have believed that the building segment wasn't part of the challenge and then just stuck around until the countdown ended.

She basically takes her anger out on him in challenges. She hits him in the groin, shoves diapers in his mouth... these which are all completely unneccessary. She mouthed off to him in Million Bucks BC, which was also wasn't needed.

Picking up someone's belongings and trying to return it to them still isn't considered as theft. Beth did try to give it back to Courney before doing anything else. She thought that while Courtney was distracted, she couldn't get caught. When she tried to make the call to her boyfirend, Beth simply remained in the same place as Courtney. She didn't take her PDA outside with her, or anything like that. That would be theft. Plus you seemed to be foregtting all the other times with Beth taking her PDA have been accidental. And without even hearing her out, Courtney instead threatened her. Beth has been nothing but nice to her. If anything, blame Courtney for being irresponsible and not taking better care of her things. Don't blame Beth who has been trying to be a good person and return them to her.

She said, "Isn't that great Courtney? We get to cut the cheese together". Lindsay was happy about having someone to go with. If Lindsay would be malevolent, she would whine about being stuck with Courtney. Why would you think that Lindsay would be speaking for everyone if she was merely stating the truth? Courtney was mean, nasty and horrible towards her teammates. You can't expect someone to keep quiet about it.

Noah insults everyone. So? Just because Noah has bad judgement doesn't mean he's never right. Let me just ask you this: If you were placed in a room with ten people, and one person constantly complained about something, wouldn't it get on your nerves? Fine, Courtney lost. She has a right to be angry about it but seriously, broken record much? If I had to be stuck with someone who complained and badmouthed so many people, I would tell them to shut it. Why? Because it's nerve racking. No one in the right mind would want to hear about it. At least not on a daily basis. Noah was just being blunt. Maybe everybody was too afraid to come forward to risk getting beaten by a lampost, but Noah pretty much told it like it is. And if Duncan was there, he'd tell it like it is, too and he is supposedly her boyfriend.

Courtney has shown many cutthroat tendencies in TDI. Again, she was and still is mean, nasty, controlling and overall competitive. She has betrayed some of her fellow teammates and has called them out on their faults. Courtney has shown to be selfish and inconsiderate for others' well beings. She would abandon someone for a million dollars. Plus, she beat Harold with a lampost. And about Leshawna: Yes Courtney said something nice about her, but acting vicious towards ther people makes you hated. And because of that, Leshawna now has been added to her list of enemies. And this is also why Lindsay said what she said. Knowing Lindsay, she didn't go out of her way to tick Courtney off but again, Courtney was whining, and she pretty much asked for it.

So your saying that a bone is too heavy to be utilized in close quarters, but a lampost isn't?

We're not here to discuss your opinion on what you think should have happened. We are arguing what actually happened. They made no agreement to split the money; Courtney has no reason to see Duncan through to the end.

Why did she escape it after making the agreement with the campers? The payoff, of course. She now has a reason to get them out before the "bomb" goes off: $500,000

All the things you have shown are Courtney trying to win the challenge; not make Duncan suffer. She pulls the same extreme moves in other challenges unrelated to Duncan.

You really will say anything to make Courtney look like the villain. Look at things logically: Yes, Courtney was irresponsible to not take better care of her things. This, however, DOES NOT mean Beth can use it as she pleases. It doesn't matter if she takes it out of the room or not. Beth was doing the responsible thing and trying to return it to Courtney. However, after that, Beth took possession of her property and used it for herself. Not only is this against the rules (remember, only Courtney can have the PDA) but it's a clear definition of theft: Beth is using something that doesn't belong to her. Don't just justify it because it's anti-Courtney.

Courtney was never nasty to her teammates in TDI aside from Harold. Why then, would Lindsay say she was evil. And Lindsay's happiness at going to the cheese factory is overshadowed by her constant insults of Courtney.

You miss the point about Noah. I never said he was always wrong, but the fact that Noah, who insults everyone, shouldn't be taken as true merely because he insulted Courtney. As stated, he insults everyone for no particular reason. We see this in the dodgeball game.

Where has Courtney shown she is cutthroat in TDI? Further, she and Leshawna were friends in TDI, long after Courtney was eliminated. The two got along great. As soon as she got back to TDA, Leshawna let the insults fly. Don't blame Courtney; she wasn't around. Leshawna was the one who had the attitude.

Please recall that Courtney was standing on a narrow pedestal with Duncan six inches from her when she had the large bone. At Playa De Losers, she had the space to manuever. That is a quintenssial diffference.

Brodoin15

[519]Oct 23, 2009
    • level: 20
    BrainMan820 wrote:
    Brodoin15 wrote:

And where, exactly, would Courtney move? She has absolutely no space up there to step aside. Further, Courtney herself is in a very precarious position. Her balance is off, she has no room to manuever. A false step is failure.

What is Harold? In a word, antagonist. Protagonists do not cheat, and if they do cheat, they own up and accept the punishment, as DJ did. Harold was a heinous cheater. That's antagonistic enough. It doesn't matter how many things one does, what matters is what is done.

She still had other targets to hit. She made a cheap shot.

But enought of things one does, can help make up for one thing. It's not like he constantly cheated, after all.

animetion_lover

[520]Oct 23, 2009
    • level: 1
    simple answer no. the fact that you guys turned this into a vs thread and a who is a protagonist/antagonist and who isnt is just plain ridiculous. everyone else has said yes or no and has already said why. continuing the chat beyond that is completely pointless to me. not like this arguement is gonna change the way you feel anyways