We're moving Forums to the Community pages. Click here for more information and updates.

Does Harold deserve to be picked on by Duncan and Courtney so much?

Does Harold deserve to be picked on so much?

alagaesian

[461]Oct 14, 2009
    • level: 12
    n5d25d90 wrote:
    animation_luver wrote:
    cant we just yes or no and call it a day XD

XD That would be nice, wouldn't it?

Definitely.

The only person who disagrees with me and actually holds his stance pretty well is BrainMan. And, obviously, we're trying to talk about completely different things. I believe that Duncan's antagonisms have made up for Harold's cheating completely because Harold has obviously learned his lesson. BrainMan, as far as I can tell, believes that Courtney has not drawn the line, so Harold can still be punished. I can see where he's coming from, because Courtney was fairly innocent in the matter and got hurt for something she didn't do. She knows the amount of stress she went through, and can force Harold to pay back accordingly. But, BrainMan can see where my opinions are coming from, I think. Personally, I'm willing to leave that issue alone because I think we both understand each other, consciously disagree, and have good facts to support a reason why.

So I probably won't be posting much here anymore. I'll come by and read some stuff if I want a quick laugh, though.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

BrainMan820

[462]Oct 14, 2009
    • level: 16
    imverybasic wrote:

BrainMan820 wrote:
    I'm not the one who stated the correlation relationship: You were. I'm telling you it's a false analogy and am using Katie to prove my point. Don't just use the fact that one camper was thrown out to say one is better than another.

You are making absolutely no sense regarding Owen. I never once said that Owen couldn't dodge or couldn't throw. The fact is, and I can't believe I have to constantly beat this into your skull, Harold catching ONE ball does not make him have "wicked skillz." It doesn't matter who threw it. And, if you recall, Owen only threw one ball that time.

And you are ignoring facts. Duncan's strategy is different from Owen's strategy because it requires multiple balls thrown by multiple campers. As such, since all of Owen's balls come from the same source, they are easier to dodge, because, as stated, there is only one path between two points (Owen being the origin, Harold being the destination.) All Harold has to do is avoid one point in space. Harold did not defeat Owen twice: he defeated Owen once. Courtney defeated Owen once. You are assigning an inordinate amount of praise to Harold because of favoritism.

Actually, the strategy did require planning: Duncan planned it. Each camper would have to be prepared to open a salvo at the same time as the others. Otherwise, they'd be throwing at the incorrect time.

The writers write the show: They clearly planned for Harold to suck because he was benched for that reason, not to mention that Courtney sacrificed Harold to Duncan because he was a bad player. Don't write off a fact because it's inconvienent to your argument. All it says is that Harold caught one ball thrown by Owen and was thrown out by Leshawna. Don't assign an inordinate amount of praise to Owen because you want to peg Harold as superior.

The decision to use Harold to wake up Duncan shows a lot of leadership on Courtney's part. Recall that Duncan is quite irritable and prone to violence. Courtney, as the de facto leader, has to accept that whomever wakes Duncan up might not be killed, but they could be injured, and removed from the competition. As such, you use your weakest player (Harold) to wake him up so that the team doesn't suffer as much.

And she did give Harold a "fair shot." He threw a ball that went all of two inches before hitting the ground, then ran away screaming as Leshawna eliminated him. That's hardly a good impression. But, go ahead and blame that on writers, because Harold has wicked skillz in every topic (/sarcasm)

If you don't want me to accuse you of mindless Harold praise, get your facts straight. Don't write off a sucky moment of Harold as a mistake on the writer's part.

I did not state the correlation relationship. You began it in your last post and made Courtney superior. You seem to be forgetting the fact that Gwen threw Courtney out effortlessly despite how exhausted she was. That doesn't make Courtney superior.

You clearly said that Owen wasn't an effortless dodger. So I merely pointed out that Owen did indeed dodge a few balls and only got eliminated once due to Duncan's strategy. I also don't recall Katie ever eliminating Owen. It was the other way around. Owen threw the ball out of anger and eliminated both Katie and Sadie.

I admit that Owen's and Duncan's strategies are both similar. Not the same, but not completely different. With one difference that Owen's strategy was tougher. The strategy that he seemed to be at bay was that if you manage to dodge one ball, you would be hit by the next. Note that three out of the four balls had a spin put on them, which is a lot tougher to dodge, and thus would require the correct timing. It also does matter who throws the ball. Not everyone is good at dodgeball. You said that Owen was a good player, which he is. I just pointed out that he managed to catch and throw a lot of people out, those people including Courtney, but you fail to acknowledge that.

Letting someone play in one round is not giving them a fair shot. That's giving them an unfair shot. Since it was a competition and it was risky, Courtney and the others could have given him at least two to three rounds before benching him.

That sucky moment of Harold's is an observation. One might argue that Leshawna throwing Harold out was because he sucked at the game, while the other could argue that it was a mistake on the writers' part. And again, why sacrifice Harold whenit's so obvious that Tyler is their worst player? Tyler was given more than once chance to prove himself and he sucked. Harold was given only one chance and out of one sucky moment, everyone else benches him. How unfair is that?

You seem to be accusing me of mindless Harold praise when the truth is that Harold really does deserve to be praised. He saved peoples' lives, has shined in challenges where Courtney has come up short and has managed to get along with some of the other players outside of Leshawna. For all we know, Harold being thrown out could have been an off moment for him and didn't realize that he could have applied his gymnastic and figure skating skills to the game until the end of the episode. So that's not his fault. That's character development.

Also if anything, Courtney deserves to be demonized. You seem to ride off the fact that Courtney has fallen in some challenges, has acted nasty to some competitors, has whined about not getting her way and has almost put peoples' lives in danger.

No, I never stated that the causation relation was something I agreed with: I used it merely to prove it wrong. Courtney's superiority in dodgeball did not come from throwing out campers, it came from throwing out campers and coercing Duncan. You really can't use that in a relationship since it's related to the challenge, but not necessarily to dodgeball.

My mistake on Katie's part, I forgot she was the one who didn't throw the ball. However, Geoff works perfectly in that analogy, so the work will stand.

Owen didn't put a spin on the balls at all: he threw them straight. Cody was the only one who put a spin on the ball. Recall that Harold dodged by turning vertical, which correlates to the way Owen threw them. Owen's balls were infinitely easier to dodge then Duncan's were, which makes Harold not as spectacular.

Letting someone play one round is a fair shot when all they do is bomb from start to finish.

Tyler was not sacrificed to Duncan because he wasn't on the court at that time. He left with Lindsay after the second match, and didn't return until the fourth. It's true that Harold is better than Tyler, but he can't very well wake Duncan up if he's not there.

Let's not forget that Harold has faltered in challenges where Courtney has shined, namely, in Up the Creek, the Awake-A-Thon, Hell Week, and every challenge she's been in TDA for. Further, Courtney's position as the strongest competitor makes it difficult to get along with anyone at the point in the game she arrived in. Strong competitors are eliminated at that point because they are a threat.

And also, we are discussing dodgeball. Please keep the topic relevant.

animation_luver

[463]Oct 15, 2009
    • level: 3
    alagaesian wrote:
    n5d25d90 wrote:
    animation_luver wrote:
    cant we just yes or no and call it a day XD
    XD That would be nice, wouldn't it?
    Definitely. The only person who disagrees with me and actually holds his stance pretty well is BrainMan. And, obviously, we're trying to talk about completely different things. I believe that Duncan's antagonisms have made up for Harold's cheating completely because Harold has obviously learned his lesson. BrainMan, as far as I can tell, believes that Courtney has not drawn the line, so Harold can still be punished. I can see where he's coming from, because Courtney was fairly innocent in the matter and got hurt for something she didn't do. She knows the amount of stress she went through, and can force Harold to pay back accordingly. But, BrainMan can see where my opinions are coming from, I think. Personally, I'm willing to leave that issue alone because I think we both understand each other, consciously disagree, and have good facts to support a reason why. So I probably won't be posting much here anymore. I'll come by and read some stuff if I want a quick laugh, though.
    i compl;etely agree with both of you xd at this point the conversation is pretty much pointless especially since they are basicallya rguing about who the best dodgeball player is well whatever. whether harold has suffered enough or not duncan wont stop until one of them gets eliminated or if some miracle happens so oh well lol

imverybasic

[464]Oct 15, 2009
    BrainMan820 wrote:
    No, I never stated that the causation relation was something I agreed with: I used it merely to prove it wrong. Courtney's superiority in dodgeball did not come from throwing out campers, it came from throwing out campers and coercing Duncan. You really can't use that in a relationship since it's related to the challenge, but not necessarily to dodgeball.

My mistake on Katie's part, I forgot she was the one who didn't throw the ball. However, Geoff works perfectly in that analogy, so the work will stand.

Owen didn't put a spin on the balls at all: he threw them straight. Cody was the only one who put a spin on the ball. Recall that Harold dodged by turning vertical, which correlates to the way Owen threw them. Owen's balls were infinitely easier to dodge then Duncan's were, which makes Harold not as spectacular.

Letting someone play one round is a fair shot when all they do is bomb from start to finish.

Tyler was not sacrificed to Duncan because he wasn't on the court at that time. He left with Lindsay after the second match, and didn't return until the fourth. It's true that Harold is better than Tyler, but he can't very well wake Duncan up if he's not there.

Let's not forget that Harold has faltered in challenges where Courtney has shined, namely, in Up the Creek, the Awake-A-Thon, Hell Week, and every challenge she's been in TDA for. Further, Courtney's position as the strongest competitor makes it difficult to get along with anyone at the point in the game she arrived in. Strong competitors are eliminated at that point because they are a threat.

I didn't state a correlation relationship. I just said that Harold got Owen out. You started by stating that Owen was a good player, so I just said that Harold eliminated him.

There's a simple explanation as to why Harold was thrown out early in the challenge: He ran away screaming because he didn't know what to do. He was startled when he had to face Owen. He then learned that he was able to apply what he learned in gymnastics and figure skating.

I'll admit that Courtney coerced Duncan. But she still needed shielding to do it. I agree with that the reason she needed it was because of Duncan possibly injuring someone, someone being their weakest player. I'm glad that she stepped between him and Harold, but the least Courtney could have done was fully coerce him instead of bringing the entire team into it. If she was able to come between Duncan when he was about to injure Harold, she could have just the same stood up to him. Plus, I don't think that Duncan would have beat up Courtney if he saw her coming, hence Duncan/Courtney. He was flirting with her after that "cuddling incident" in The Big Sleep. So having her wake him up instead, things could have gone differently.

I'm not saying that Courtney hasn't defeated Harold in challenges. She has. But it works the other way to: Harold jumped into the water in Not So Happy Campers, Courtney didn't. Courtney's contributions to the dodgeball challenge weren't done singlehandedly. She had no problem coming between Duncan and Harold, but she still needed shielding to wake him up. And her throwing out more of the campers was also due to Duncan's strategy. I'll admit that the angling was involved, but that doesn't neccessarily mean that Courtney was the first to get those players out. Four balls thrown at the same time still betters the odds of eliminating another player. Harold may have not made a good impression early in the game, but it was just a misunderstanding that everyone else took to heart. Harold got the highest score in Not So Famous (Courtney got injured, so it isn't her fault). There's an explanation about Phobia Factor and this is true, by the way. Someone noticed an error about the score being 7-6 if Courtney faced her fear. That's an error on the writers' part. Courtney still ended up on the bottom 2 at the bonfire ceremony. Courtney didn't contribute in Up The Creek. The Bass were stuck on the island because Harold burned the oars. This was fault on Harold's part, but at the same time, it gave DJ confidence to volunteer to swim the rest of the team back to the camp grounds. Courtney just lifted Harold's arm and told the rest of the team that his skinny arms weren't going to cut it. In the Paintball Deer Challenge, Harold shot the deer (Heather). Courtney didn't hide from the hunters. She just wasn't shot because no one came after her. Harold did better than Courtney in If You Can't Take The Heat. He didn't get scored (another mistake on the writers' part), but Chris approved of his meal. He gave him and Sadie a smile and said "your anitpasto passed the testo" while he gave Courtney a "meh" and rated her a 6. And he defeated Courtney in Who Can You Trust.

I just pointed out something. I wasn't the one who changed the topic from whether Harold deserves to be bullied to another who's better thread.

animation_luver

[465]Oct 15, 2009
    from the looks of the new episode i would say that courtney was mature enough to forgive harold and treat him like a normal person. duncan on the other hand is being his usual annoying self and needs to go home already isnt it ironic that the person who got cheated off is taking this more maturely than the person who cared for her? lol

BrainMan820

[466]Oct 15, 2009
    imverybasic wrote:
    BrainMan820 wrote:

I didn't state a correlation relationship. I just said that Harold got Owen out. You started by stating that Owen was a good player, so I just said that Harold eliminated him.

There's a simple explanation as to why Harold was thrown out early in the challenge: He ran away screaming because he didn't know what to do. He was startled when he had to face Owen. He then learned that he was able to apply what he learned in gymnastics and figure skating.

I'll admit that Courtney coerced Duncan. But she still needed shielding to do it. I agree with that the reason she needed it was because of Duncan possibly injuring someone, someone being their weakest player. I'm glad that she stepped between him and Harold, but the least Courtney could have done was fully coerce him instead of bringing the entire team into it. If she was able to come between Duncan when he was about to injure Harold, she could have just the same stood up to him. Plus, I don't think that Duncan would have beat up Courtney if he saw her coming, hence Duncan/Courtney. He was flirting with her after that "cuddling incident" in The Big Sleep. So having her wake him up instead, things could have gone differently.

I'm not saying that Courtney hasn't defeated Harold in challenges. She has. But it works the other way to: Harold jumped into the water in Not So Happy Campers, Courtney didn't. Courtney's contributions to the dodgeball challenge weren't done singlehandedly. She had no problem coming between Duncan and Harold, but she still needed shielding to wake him up. And her throwing out more of the campers was also due to Duncan's strategy. I'll admit that the angling was involved, but that doesn't neccessarily mean that Courtney was the first to get those players out. Four balls thrown at the same time still betters the odds of eliminating another player. Harold may have not made a good impression early in the game, but it was just a misunderstanding that everyone else took to heart. Harold got the highest score in Not So Famous (Courtney got injured, so it isn't her fault). There's an explanation about Phobia Factor and this is true, by the way. Someone noticed an error about the score being 7-6 if Courtney faced her fear. That's an error on the writers' part. Courtney still ended up on the bottom 2 at the bonfire ceremony. Courtney didn't contribute in Up The Creek. The Bass were stuck on the island because Harold burned the oars. This was fault on Harold's part, but at the same time, it gave DJ confidence to volunteer to swim the rest of the team back to the camp grounds. Courtney just lifted Harold's arm and told the rest of the team that his skinny arms weren't going to cut it. In the Paintball Deer Challenge, Harold shot the deer (Heather). Courtney didn't hide from the hunters. She just wasn't shot because no one came after her. Harold did better than Courtney in If You Can't Take The Heat. He didn't get scored (another mistake on the writers' part), but Chris approved of his meal. He gave him and Sadie a smile and said "your anitpasto passed the testo" while he gave Courtney a "meh" and rated her a 6. And he defeated Courtney in Who Can You Trust.

I just pointed out something. I wasn't the one who changed the topic from whether Harold deserves to be bullied to another who's better thread.

Owen being a good player and Harold catching his ball does not make Harold a good player. It just means he caught a ball. He was still thrown out very quickly by Leshawna and couldn't throw to the point where Courtney had to sit him down and say "Catch the ball!" Those count against him. When compared to Courtney, who threw out more campers and was viable for the blitz strategy, which won two games, that's better for her favor.

Chris explained the rules of dodgeball very clearly: You dodge. That was perfectly clear before Leshawna threw Harold out.

Courtney and Duncan did not cuddle in "The Big Sleep" they cuddled in "The Sucky Outdoors." The two of them had no relationship at all at this point. Bringing the entire team into things was probably done because of Harold, who refused to wake him up on his own.

Remember that in "Not So Happy" the purpose of the challenge wasn't to jump off the cliff, it was to build a hot tub. I'm perfectly fine with faulting Courtney for not jumping, but it isn't the reason why the Bass lost.

Dodgeball is a team sport: Points for individuality do not matter as much as points scored on the whole. Courtney outed at least five campers and coerced Duncan: Harold was only one. Okay, everyone else woke up Duncan (including Courtney) but she was the one who provided the clincher. Like I said, there is an inordinate amount of praise assigned to this "last ball." Look at Cody, no one praises him for outing two strong competitors.

Again, we're going back to the part with a "writer's error." I'd rather see proof of that before I side with it. It's perfectly in character for Chris to say Courtney's challenge gives triple points and the team still loses. He does it to Owen in "Search and Do Not Destroy"

Courtney did perform tasks in Up the Creek, she just didn't do what DJ did. She still carried her canoe, got firewood, and nursed the fire. Pivotal? No, but it is what she did and it did help the team. It's the same in "The Sucky Outdoors," Courtney (and Harold) did well by their team, just nothing singular.

DJ did not volunteer to swim back: Bridgette volunteered him because he was the only one strong enough and Geoff was injured. Besides, being able to use the paddles would have been helpful: The Bass did arrive at the beach before the Gophers did.

In "Paintball Deer Hunt" we have no idea what Courtney did other then get caught with Duncan. Whose to say what the hunters did and didn't. The only thing that stands is that Courtney did not get shot, which is exactly what she was supposed to do.

For "Heat" there is still the fact that Harold's dish got no score. You can't just say Chris gave them a higher score, after all, he did approve Bridgette and DJ's pasta wholeheartedly.

Lastly, for "Trust" recall that Courtney's team was eliminated because Sadie pelted Courtney with apples until she was knocked unconscious. That's not Courtney's fault. Harold did indeed do very well in that challenge working with Bridgette, but one cannot claim Courtney at fault for her challenge. It would be appropriate to say Harold defeated Sadie.

imverybasic

[467]Oct 16, 2009

BrainMan820 wrote:
    Owen being a good player and Harold catching his ball does not make Harold a good player. It just means he caught a ball. He was still thrown out very quickly by Leshawna and couldn't throw to the point where Courtney had to sit him down and say "Catch the ball!" Those count against him. When compared to Courtney, who threw out more campers and was viable for the blitz strategy, which won two games, that's better for her favor.

Chris explained the rules of dodgeball very clearly: You dodge. That was perfectly clear before Leshawna threw Harold out.

Courtney and Duncan did not cuddle in "The Big Sleep" they cuddled in "The Sucky Outdoors." The two of them had no relationship at all at this point. Bringing the entire team into things was probably done because of Harold, who refused to wake him up on his own.

Remember that in "Not So Happy" the purpose of the challenge wasn't to jump off the cliff, it was to build a hot tub. I'm perfectly fine with faulting Courtney for not jumping, but it isn't the reason why the Bass lost.

Dodgeball is a team sport: Points for individuality do not matter as much as points scored on the whole. Courtney outed at least five campers and coerced Duncan: Harold was only one. Okay, everyone else woke up Duncan (including Courtney) but she was the one who provided the clincher. Like I said, there is an inordinate amount of praise assigned to this "last ball." Look at Cody, no one praises him for outing two strong competitors.

Again, we're going back to the part with a "writer's error." I'd rather see proof of that before I side with it. It's perfectly in character for Chris to say Courtney's challenge gives triple points and the team still loses. He does it to Owen in "Search and Do Not Destroy"

Courtney did perform tasks in Up the Creek, she just didn't do what DJ did. She still carried her canoe, got firewood, and nursed the fire. Pivotal? No, but it is what she did and it did help the team. It's the same in "The Sucky Outdoors," Courtney (and Harold) did well by their team, just nothing singular.

DJ did not volunteer to swim back: Bridgette volunteered him because he was the only one strong enough and Geoff was injured. Besides, being able to use the paddles would have been helpful: The Bass did arrive at the beach before the Gophers did.

In "Paintball Deer Hunt" we have no idea what Courtney did other then get caught with Duncan. Whose to say what the hunters did and didn't. The only thing that stands is that Courtney did not get shot, which is exactly what she was supposed to do.

For "Heat" there is still the fact that Harold's dish got no score. You can't just say Chris gave them a higher score, after all, he did approve Bridgette and DJ's pasta wholeheartedly.

Lastly, for "Trust" recall that Courtney's team was eliminated because Sadie pelted Courtney with apples until she was knocked unconscious. That's not Courtney's fault. Harold did indeed do very well in that challenge working with Bridgette, but one cannot claim Courtney at fault for her challenge. It would be appropriate to say Harold defeated Sadie.

Let's put it this way: Since we're comparing Courtney and Harold, we are judging them based on their individual contributions. In the dodgeball challenge: Yes, Courtney coerced Duncan into participating in the game. Did it help out the team? Yes. Does that make her superior? No. The reason for this is as follows: During the game, Courtney showed some leadership skills. She managed to pep-talk and tried to motivate the team for most of the game which helps which contributes. But if we were to award someone for the best leadership skills, it would be given to Duncan. This is because, while Duncan was asleep, the Bass were down two nothing. Now I'm willing to credit Courtney for trying to get the team together, but things already started to fall apart. Courtney even admitted that the team was really sucking and needed someone more superior to help them win. Also, based on individual performance, Courtney did not do so well, herself. She did eliminate the player who threw one of the difficult balls to dodge, but before Duncan came into the picture, Courtney only proved that she was able to throw the ball. But even that didn't work so well, seeing as she got out twice. Her coercing Duncan shows some leadership skills, but everyone who took on leadership responsibilities had a strategy. Duncan had a strategy. Heather had a strategy. Courtney, did not have a strategy. And while motivation is one of those factors that makes up a leader, strategy is the most important thing. Seeing as that Courtney had nothing planned or prepared, does not make her such a great leader.

Harold was benched early for making a bad impression his first time. That's true. In this instance, however it is completely understandable. Harold running away screaming simply meant that he was afraid and didn't know what to do the first time. This is completely understandable, considering that that moment of fear returned to him when he was facing Owen. Harold was simply under pressure, but this time, convinced himself to look past it. Believe it or not, I studied the footage of that scene very carefully and noticed that 2-3 out of the 4 balls that Owen was throwing could have hit Harold had he not dodged them. Making Harold look spectacular is what made the Bass won. Perhaps, Owen could have thought out his strategy a little better, but needless to say, Harold still won. Harold was also not the Bass' weakest player. If you recall-- aside from Tyler-- Bridgette, Katie and Sadie were played a lot worse than Harold. They were much more uncoordinated. If Courtney couldn't stand up to Duncan, she might as well could have tried to sacrfice anyone else, seeing as all or at least most of them played so poorly. The only thing that Harold was unable to do was throw, Duncan even said so. The only players that the Bass probably couldn't afford to lose were Geoff and DJ. Furthermore, benching someone early and telling them that they suck at something is basically a judgement call. It's judgement without fair trial. The fact that Harold was benched so early in the game and only had one chance to eliminate one camper is not a fair shot. And telling Harold that he was the one who sucked doesn't help Courtney much with leadership, either. One might even say that Courtney contributed more because she granted herself many more chances than Harold.

My bad. Wrong episode.

Even in the hot tub segment of the challenge. Courtney costed the challenge. She tried to lead the team and it failed. Duncan was even considering of voting her off because she and DJ were the only two who didn't jump off the cliff.

There is actual proof that the error in Phobia Factor is a writers' error. Someone submitted a blurb saying this and it got accepted. Courtney still did not face her fear and neithe did Harold. But considering that Harold was willing to face it, and Courtney wasn't, Harold was safe and Courtney ended up on the bottom two. You might even say that he outlasted her. Owen doesn't lose in Search Or Do Not Destroy, Chris just simply tricked him. Courtney costed a challenge for her entire team.

Yes, Courtney carried the canoe and yes she helped get wood to make fire. This doesn't count in her favour considering that everybody else was behind in the canoe and gathered wood. Recall that in one of your posts (not partculary on this thread) that gathering firewood in TDA was not a point in Harold's favour because everyone else was performing the same task. And yes, Harold burned the oars and he should be faulted for that. On the other hand, him burning the oars still got the Bass working together nicely.

My position still stands for the Paintball Deer Hunt challenge. The reason being that even though Courtney wasn't shot, she made absolutely no effort to hide, while everyone else had a hunter after them and managed to get away.

I agree that in Heat, Chris enjoyed Bridgette and DJ's the most. However, note the expression and the choice of words that Chris uses when tasting Harold's dish. Then, note the body language and choice of words or word that Chris uses it when tasting Courtney's. Yes Harold's dish wasn't scored, but it probably didn't need to be, seeing how much Chris approved of it. You could say that if he were to be scored on his dish, Chris would probably give him a 7 or an 8.

I'm not faulting Courtney for what happened in Trust. I'm faulting Sadie. But since the purpose if the challenge was about teamwork, Sadie and Courtney were unable to work together.

BrainMan820

[468]Oct 16, 2009
    imverybasic wrote:

BrainMan820 wrote:

Let's put it this way: Since we're comparing Courtney and Harold, we are judging them based on their individual contributions. In the dodgeball challenge: Yes, Courtney coerced Duncan into participating in the game. Did it help out the team? Yes. Does that make her superior? No. The reason for this is as follows: During the game, Courtney showed some leadership skills. She managed to pep-talk and tried to motivate the team for most of the game which helps which contributes. But if we were to award someone for the best leadership skills, it would be given to Duncan. This is because, while Duncan was asleep, the Bass were down two nothing. Now I'm willing to credit Courtney for trying to get the team together, but things already started to fall apart. Courtney even admitted that the team was really sucking and needed someone more superior to help them win. Also, based on individual performance, Courtney did not do so well, herself. She did eliminate the player who threw one of the difficult balls to dodge, but before Duncan came into the picture, Courtney only proved that she was able to throw the ball. But even that didn't work so well, seeing as she got out twice. Her coercing Duncan shows some leadership skills, but everyone who took on leadership responsibilities had a strategy. Duncan had a strategy. Heather had a strategy. Courtney, did not have a strategy. And while motivation is one of those factors that makes up a leader, strategy is the most important thing. Seeing as that Courtney had nothing planned or prepared, does not make her such a great leader.

Harold was benched early for making a bad impression his first time. That's true. In this instance, however it is completely understandable. Harold running away screaming simply meant that he was afraid and didn't know what to do the first time. This is completely understandable, considering that that moment of fear returned to him when he was facing Owen. Harold was simply under pressure, but this time, convinced himself to look past it. Believe it or not, I studied the footage of that scene very carefully and noticed that 2-3 out of the 4 balls that Owen was throwing could have hit Harold had he not dodged them. Making Harold look spectacular is what made the Bass won. Perhaps, Owen could have thought out his strategy a little better, but needless to say, Harold still won. Harold was also not the Bass' weakest player. If you recall-- aside from Tyler-- Bridgette, Katie and Sadie were played a lot worse than Harold. They were much more uncoordinated. If Courtney couldn't stand up to Duncan, she might as well could have tried to sacrfice anyone else, seeing as all or at least most of them played so poorly. The only thing that Harold was unable to do was throw, Duncan even said so. The only players that the Bass probably couldn't afford to lose were Geoff and DJ. Furthermore, benching someone early and telling them that they suck at something is basically a judgement call. It's judgement without fair trial. The fact that Harold was benched so early in the game and only had one chance to eliminate one camper is not a fair shot. And telling Harold that he was the one who sucked doesn't help Courtney much with leadership, either. One might even say that Courtney contributed more because she granted herself many more chances than Harold.

My bad. Wrong episode.

Even in the hot tub segment of the challenge. Courtney costed the challenge. She tried to lead the team and it failed. Duncan was even considering of voting her off because she and DJ were the only two who didn't jump off the cliff.

There is actual proof that the error in Phobia Factor is a writers' error. Someone submitted a blurb saying this and it got accepted. Courtney still did not face her fear and neithe did Harold. But considering that Harold was willing to face it, and Courtney wasn't, Harold was safe and Courtney ended up on the bottom two. You might even say that he outlasted her. Owen doesn't lose in Search Or Do Not Destroy, Chris just simply tricked him. Courtney costed a challenge for her entire team.

Yes, Courtney carried the canoe and yes she helped get wood to make fire. This doesn't count in her favour considering that everybody else was behind in the canoe and gathered wood. Recall that in one of your posts (not partculary on this thread) that gathering firewood in TDA was not a point in Harold's favour because everyone else was performing the same task. And yes, Harold burned the oars and he should be faulted for that. On the other hand, him burning the oars still got the Bass working together nicely.

My position still stands for the Paintball Deer Hunt challenge. The reason being that even though Courtney wasn't shot, she made absolutely no effort to hide, while everyone else had a hunter after them and managed to get away.

I agree that in Heat, Chris enjoyed Bridgette and DJ's the most. However, note the expression and the choice of words that Chris uses when tasting Harold's dish. Then, note the body language and choice of words or word that Chris uses it when tasting Courtney's. Yes Harold's dish wasn't scored, but it probably didn't need to be, seeing how much Chris approved of it. You could say that if he were to be scored on his dish, Chris would probably give him a 7 or an 8.

I'm not faulting Courtney for what happened in Trust. I'm faulting Sadie. But since the purpose if the challenge was about teamwork, Sadie and Courtney were unable to work together.

I'm not saying that Duncan had bad leadership skills, but he wouldn't have even used them were it not for Courtney. Recall what little Courtney had to work with; she made do with what she had. Further, motivation and morale is key to many war victories. It is secondary to strategy, and yes, I'm willing to fault Courtney for not thinking up something like the blitz strategy (or at least something better then Tyler's), but what she did do was pivotal.

I don't recall Heather have any sort of strategy. She merely told the Gophers not to get lazy, and benched Noah and Gwen. Good decisions? Yeah. Not great. When you consider that Heather left the court just to find Lindsay, however, that's a pretty weak strategy.

At this point, however, Katie played better than Harold did: She was the one who threw out Leshawna, something Harold did not do. Further, Bridgette and Sadie's skills were not seen at all: They never had sucky throws like Harold did, they were just thrown out by Owen. Now, I'm willing to agree that Sadie is a worse player than Harold, but at this point in the game, she can accurately be said as "unknown skill" just a sucky dodger. After the blitz, I can't side with you on Bridgette, merely because she was part of the blitz on the fourth round.

Courtney knew she'd be need to talk to Duncan to actually get him to play the game. She also had a decent sort of throw that would have hit Heather had Owen not caught it. At that point in the game, she's one of their superior players. Great? No, but Harold's more sacrifical goat than she. Katie also showed some skill in throwing, which meant she was out. Bridgette and Sadie were unknowns in the throwing department. Only Harold has shown adequate failure to be judged the worst aside from Tyler.

Courtney tried to lead the team, but it wasn't due to her leadership failures that the team sucked, it was due to the pathetic mechanical skills of her entire team.

Where did they submit this blurb? Here? If so, that's not actual proof; this is a fan-run site. And what do you call climbing the ladder to accomplish the challenge? Harold eliminated himself the same way Courtney did.

You misinterpret my statement. Gathering the wood is not spectacular because all of the team did it. However, she did not hurt her team, which is important since we are comparing Courtney to Harold, who hurt the team. The Bass were also working together just fine before Harold burnt the oars, so he can't be praised for that.

Who can say Courtney made no effort to hide? Can you prove it?

Again, there's no proof on Heat, either. We cannot assume just because of Chris's body language.

How, exactly, do you propose that Courtney and Sadie work together in "Trust?" Sadie was firing apples not stop, and wasn't listening to Courtney when she told her to. Chris had to grab her to get her to stop. The fault lies entirely with Sadie.

Edited on 10/16/2009 6:06pm

imverybasic

[469]Oct 16, 2009
    BrainMan820 wrote:
    I'm not saying that Duncan had bad leadership skills, but he wouldn't have even used them were it not for Courtney. Recall what little Courtney had to work with; she made do with what she had. Further, motivation and morale is key to many war victories. It is secondary to strategy, and yes, I'm willing to fault Courtney for not thinking up something like the blitz strategy (or at least something better then Tyler's), but what she did do was pivotal.

I don't recall Heather have any sort of strategy. She merely told the Gophers not to get lazy, and benched Noah and Gwen. Good decisions? Yeah. Not great. When you consider that Heather left the court just to find Lindsay, however, that's a pretty weak strategy.

At this point, however, Katie played better than Harold did: She was the one who threw out Leshawna, something Harold did not do. Further, Bridgette and Sadie's skills were not seen at all: They never had sucky throws like Harold did, they were just thrown out by Owen. Now, I'm willing to agree that Sadie is a worse player than Harold, but at this point in the game, she can accurately be said as "unknown skill" just a sucky dodger. After the blitz, I can't side with you on Bridgette, merely because she was part of the blitz on the fourth round.

Courtney knew she'd be need to talk to Duncan to actually get him to play the game. She also had a decent sort of throw that would have hit Heather had Owen not caught it. At that point in the game, she's one of their superior players. Great? No, but Harold's more sacrifical goat than she. Katie also showed some skill in throwing, which meant she was out. Bridgette and Sadie were unknowns in the throwing department. Only Harold has shown adequate failure to be judged the worst aside from Tyler.

Courtney tried to lead the team, but it wasn't due to her leadership failures that the team sucked, it was due to the pathetic mechanical skills of her entire team.

Where did they submit this blurb? Here? If so, that's not actual proof; this is a fan-run site. And what do you call climbing the ladder to accomplish the challenge? Harold eliminated himself the same way Courtney did.

You misinterpret my statement. Gathering the wood is not spectacular because all of the team did it. However, she did not hurt her team, which is important since we are comparing Courtney to Harold, who hurt the team. The Bass were also working together just fine before Harold burnt the oars, so he can't be praised for that.

Again, there's no proof on Heat, either. We cannot assume just because of Chris's body language.

How, exactly, do you propose that Courtney and Sadie work together in "Trust?" Sadie was firing apples not stop, and wasn't listening to Courtney when she told her to. Chris had to grab her to get her to stop. The fault lies entirely with Sadie.

I could credit Courtney for coercing Duncan to play. Again, I can't credit her for not waking him up and standing up to him when needed. She did what she had to do, but she needed help. She didn't do it on her own. She mostly played back-up after Duncan came into the picture. She usually completed mid- sentences and came up with the ending clinchers. Yes, motivation is pivotal for good teamwork, but it doesn't always succeed.

Heather took better control of the Gophers after catching onto Duncan's strategy. She conjured up the 'quick feet, fast hands' approach where everyone threw the balls towards one after another until they reached Heather and she threw it. Kind of pointless, but it eventually worked. Katie and Sadie were playing better, but it showed them being benched a few times as time went by. As for the "unknown skill" concept, Bridgette, Katie and Sadie threw better, but again, were shown to be benched during the benching segment of the game, which means that they had a chance to throw and have either been thrown out or caught out.

I'm not denying the fact that Courtney throws decently. She does. But she also lacks the skills to dodge/catch. The thing is though that even though most of her teammates were more uncoordinated, Duncan had an easier time working with them than Courtney did. Harold showed failure, but Katie also didn't improve until later on in the game. Courtney just benched Harold for being thrown out by Leshawna. At least Katie, Sadie and Bridgette were given more chances to redeem themselves.

This is actually one of the most relaible sites that I've been on. The blurb is true. I mean think about it: The score was 7/3. Even if Courtney were to face her fear, the score would be 7/6. It wouldn't be enough to defeat the Gophers. Climbing up a ladder to accomplish a challenge would be accomplishing what is required. The fact that Courtney didn't do it hurt her team severly.

Again, Courtney helped her team in Up The Creek. Harold both helped and hurt his team. He burnt the oars, and it was his fault. And yes, the Bass were working together, but not as well as the Gophers. Izzy conjured up a fire starter, which put the Gophers in the lead. Harold then burnt the oars which got them to work even better. It gave some of the underdogs a time to shine, those being Bridgette and DJ. Bridgette coerced DJ to swim back to the camp grounds and DJ then had enough confidence to volunteer to perform the task. Paddles would have helped, but DJ proved that he didn't need paddles to win for the Bass. The Gophers had paddles, the Bass didn't and they still won.

Just because there is no evidence for Courtney's victory in the Paintball Deer Hunt, doesn't make it false. It's a writer's technique. Sometimes, they leave out certain information to give the episodes more flavour. This does this because it is left to the viewers' imaginations that this sort of event happened. You don't need always need facts from the show to make it so, it's common knowledge. Same with in Heat. Yes, Harold's dish wasn't scored but again, it probably didn't need to be. Sometimes body language is enough to let a viewer know what the character is really feeling or thinking. Yes, facts are mainly key, but sometimes too many facts makes things to be too obvious and predictable.

With Trust. Yes Sadie is at fault. You can't blame Courtney for being pelted with apples, but you can't use that to belittle Harold's victory with Bridgette. I'll admit that maybe Courtney was put at a bit of an unfair advantage, but she still lost. Even though players like Katie, Sadie and Tyler are very incompetent, Duncan has shown to be more successful with working with them, the Courtney. Even players like Leshawna, who don't often take leadership responsibilities are sometimes able to work with even the most uncoordinated or incompetent. (This last statement refers to TDA and Search and Do Not Destroy.)

BrainMan820

[470]Oct 17, 2009
    imverybasic wrote:
    BrainMan820 wrote:

I could credit Courtney for coercing Duncan to play. Again, I can't credit her for not waking him up and standing up to him when needed. She did what she had to do, but she needed help. She didn't do it on her own. She mostly played back-up after Duncan came into the picture. She usually completed mid- sentences and came up with the ending clinchers. Yes, motivation is pivotal for good teamwork, but it doesn't always succeed.

Heather took better control of the Gophers after catching onto Duncan's strategy. She conjured up the 'quick feet, fast hands' approach where everyone threw the balls towards one after another until they reached Heather and she threw it. Kind of pointless, but it eventually worked. Katie and Sadie were playing better, but it showed them being benched a few times as time went by. As for the "unknown skill" concept, Bridgette, Katie and Sadie threw better, but again, were shown to be benched during the benching segment of the game, which means that they had a chance to throw and have either been thrown out or caught out.

I'm not denying the fact that Courtney throws decently. She does. But she also lacks the skills to dodge/catch. The thing is though that even though most of her teammates were more uncoordinated, Duncan had an easier time working with them than Courtney did. Harold showed failure, but Katie also didn't improve until later on in the game. Courtney just benched Harold for being thrown out by Leshawna. At least Katie, Sadie and Bridgette were given more chances to redeem themselves.

This is actually one of the most relaible sites that I've been on. The blurb is true. I mean think about it: The score was 7/3. Even if Courtney were to face her fear, the score would be 7/6. It wouldn't be enough to defeat the Gophers. Climbing up a ladder to accomplish a challenge would be accomplishing what is required. The fact that Courtney didn't do it hurt her team severly.

Again, Courtney helped her team in Up The Creek. Harold both helped and hurt his team. He burnt the oars, and it was his fault. And yes, the Bass were working together, but not as well as the Gophers. Izzy conjured up a fire starter, which put the Gophers in the lead. Harold then burnt the oars which got them to work even better. It gave some of the underdogs a time to shine, those being Bridgette and DJ. Bridgette coerced DJ to swim back to the camp grounds and DJ then had enough confidence to volunteer to perform the task. Paddles would have helped, but DJ proved that he didn't need paddles to win for the Bass. The Gophers had paddles, the Bass didn't and they still won.

Just because there is no evidence for Courtney's victory in the Paintball Deer Hunt, doesn't make it false. It's a writer's technique. Sometimes, they leave out certain information to give the episodes more flavour. This does this because it is left to the viewers' imaginations that this sort of event happened. You don't need always need facts from the show to make it so, it's common knowledge. Same with in Heat. Yes, Harold's dish wasn't scored but again, it probably didn't need to be. Sometimes body language is enough to let a viewer know what the character is really feeling or thinking. Yes, facts are mainly key, but sometimes too many facts makes things to be too obvious and predictable.

With Trust. Yes Sadie is at fault. You can't blame Courtney for being pelted with apples, but you can't use that to belittle Harold's victory with Bridgette. I'll admit that maybe Courtney was put at a bit of an unfair advantage, but she still lost. Even though players like Katie, Sadie and Tyler are very incompetent, Duncan has shown to be more successful with working with them, the Courtney. Even players like Leshawna, who don't often take leadership responsibilities are sometimes able to work with even the most uncoordinated or incompetent. (This last statement refers to TDA and Search and Do Not Destroy.)

Remember that Courtney took part in waking up Duncan. The people holding the stick were Bridgette, Courtney, Geoff, and Harold. Further, she did the coercion all by herself. No one else did that. She played back up for the strategy with Duncan, but recall that she was the one who gave Harold the final strategy. She was the one who told him to catch the ball, and the one who called time-out.

The thing is, the benching segment of the game happened AFTER Harold was selected by Courtney as the weakest member of the team behind Tyler. You can only go on what happened before that.

Duncan had an easier time working with the team because of his strategy, it had nothing to do with him being more or less of a leader than Courtney.

I'll agree that the site is reliable, but it is still a fan-site. It does not hold water merely because it is here. I've already answered the point about the Gophers: Chris is certainly sadistic enough to make Courtney attempt the challenge all for the Bass to still come up short. I agree that, if she did it, the bottom 2 would have assuredly been Tyler and Bridgette.

You seem to be missing the point of Up The Creek. Harold burning the oars cost his team severely. They were only given the idea to push the canoes back by Izzy, an enemy. The Bass also were the faster rowers: remember that they arrived at Boney Island first.

I'm actually the one not making assumptions about Courtney in Deer Hunt; you are. You claim Courtney did nothing to hide or prevent herself from being discovered, which we have no evidence of. I'm only going on the fact that Courtney was not shot by any of her opponents. You can't use your assumptions on what happened to argue your point.

Same with Heat. It's possible that Harold's dish was rated higher then Courtney's. However, it's also true that it could not be. We're also left to wonder how much of the work was left to Sadie, as Harold constantly left to change his clothes.

I'm actually not belitting Harold's victory in "Trust." Bridgette is merely superior because she won two challenges to Harold's one, that's all.

HaydenAvery

[471]Oct 17, 2009
    • level: 21
    but whos fault was it for harold to have all the problems with his clothes? harold should not be faulted for it just as courtney shouldnt be faulted for being bombarded with apples when the situation was not in her control.

imverybasic

[472]Oct 17, 2009
    BrainMan820 wrote:
    Remember that Courtney took part in waking up Duncan. The people holding the stick were Bridgette, Courtney, Geoff, and Harold. Further, she did the coercion all by herself. No one else did that. She played back up for the strategy with Duncan, but recall that she was the one who gave Harold the final strategy. She was the one who told him to catch the ball, and the one who called time-out.

The thing is, the benching segment of the game happened AFTER Harold was selected by Courtney as the weakest member of the team behind Tyler. You can only go on what happened before that.

Duncan had an easier time working with the team because of his strategy, it had nothing to do with him being more or less of a leader than Courtney.

I'll agree that the site is reliable, but it is still a fan-site. It does not hold water merely because it is here. I've already answered the point about the Gophers: Chris is certainly sadistic enough to make Courtney attempt the challenge all for the Bass to still come up short. I agree that, if she did it, the bottom 2 would have assuredly been Tyler and Bridgette.

You seem to be missing the point of Up The Creek. Harold burning the oars cost his team severely. They were only given the idea to push the canoes back by Izzy, an enemy. The Bass also were the faster rowers: remember that they arrived at Boney Island first.

I'm actually the one not making assumptions about Courtney in Deer Hunt; you are. You claim Courtney did nothing to hide or prevent herself from being discovered, which we have no evidence of. I'm only going on the fact that Courtney was not shot by any of her opponents. You can't use your assumptions on what happened to argue your point.

Same with Heat. It's possible that Harold's dish was rated higher then Courtney's. However, it's also true that it could not be. We're also left to wonder how much of the work was left to Sadie, as Harold constantly left to change his clothes.

I'm actually not belitting Harold's victory in "Trust." Bridgette is merely superior because she won two challenges to Harold's one, that's all.

The thing is is that Courtney only took part of it. She enlisted the aid of her team members to wake him up. Again with the coercion, she basically came between Duncan and Harold and explained to him that the team needed his help. She needed the back-up and shielding of her teammates to give her the confidence to coerce Duncan to play. You're saying that if the weakest player is sacrificed, they might be injured and won't be able to partcipate for the rest of the competition. This is possible. However, I'm not saying that Courtney's the Bass' weakest player, but she wasn't the best. Again, she could have done the whole waking up and coercion by herself. If Duncan had a problem with it, he would no doubt get irritable, but he wouldn't try to injure Courtney. Despite how exhausted he was, Duncan was only out to get Harold. He pegged Harold from the very beginning of TDI, and was only interested in beating him up. Surely, Courtney and Duncan had no feelings regarding one another at the time (scratch that from one of my previous posts) but the worst case scenario for Courtney is that she could possibly get yelled at. It's doubtful that he would try to harm her in anyway. And since she had the courage to stand up for Harold (I applaud her for that), she could have gone through with her plan without the support of her other teammates. Again, I'm not suggesting that Courtney's the weakest player but if Duncan were to injure her, it wouldn't take much more to coerce him. Geoff or Bridgette could have taken over Courtney's leadership responsibilities. Since Geoff is in good terms with Duncan, despite his lack of sleep, Duncan would understand. Sorry, long paragraph. Courtney called time-out and told Harold to catch the ball, which shows some leadership skills but again, she was just mainly helping. Recall that Geoff started the sentence. Courtney just finished mid- sentence saying that he'd either have to throw Owen out, or catch the ball.

Right. But even then, the rest of the players weren't playing so well. Katie, Sadie and Geoff were all thrown out. Bridgette, I guess was the unknown thrower. But even as the unknown thrower showed that she lacked the skills to dodge and hasn't catched one ball.

Well that's just the thing. Duncan had a strategy, and Courtney didn't. Courtney can't expect to win a game without having anything planned.

How are you so sure that this site is fan-made? Many fan made websites hold false information, unless the creator has done careful research. You're assuming that just because Chris is sadistic, he would trick Courtney into thinking that if she faced her fear, she would still lose or come close to losing. I agree that Chris is demented, but he wouldn't incorrectly score challenges on purpose. He already got enough sick pleasure out of watching people freaking out and running away from their fears. The thing that he did to Owen, remember that the teams were merged. So he only wanted to trick Owen, and no one else. And usually if Chris were to pull a fast one on somebody, he would inform them about it. He never pulled a stunt without someone knowing about it first hand or last minute.

I didn't say that you made any assumptions for Paintball. I'm saying that Courtney had no one after her. This is basically a writer's technique. It's an observation. It's any wonder what might have happened. How do we know that Courtney hasn't already been shot and she went to wash-up and put on new or maybe spare clothing (note that cartoons wear the same clothes)? Writers leave out certain bits of information. It just showed shots of everyone else on the Bass team having someone after them and they managed to get away. This is basically argumentative. We don't know whether or not Courtney got shot. The last shot shows her with Duncan and she wasn't covered in paint. So this has two possibilities: She could have either survived the challenge or she could have been shot and didn't want anyone to know about it. Either way, if she did survive, I award more credit to the others, considering that everyone else at least had one hunter after them.

Right, same with Heat. But there's only one minor detail: Courtney was scored with a 6, and that was after Chris showed that he wasn't too impressed. When he showed more favoritism to Harold's dish, he said that "his antipasto passed the testo." The lowest score that Harold could possibly recieve is a 6. It wouldn't make any sense if he got lower than Courtney considering that Chris was more impressed with his meal than Courtney's.

That's true. But that is all according to Chris assigning them. He assigned Bridgette to be in two challenges and Harold to be in one. And again, I agree that Courtney was not at fault for being pelted with apples, but she still lost. We also don't know if she could have been any more successful with anyone different.

BrainMan820

[473]Oct 17, 2009
    imverybasic wrote:
    BrainMan820 wrote:

The thing is is that Courtney only took part of it. She enlisted the aid of her team members to wake him up. Again with the coercion, she basically came between Duncan and Harold and explained to him that the team needed his help. She needed the back-up and shielding of her teammates to give her the confidence to coerce Duncan to play. You're saying that if the weakest player is sacrificed, they might be injured and won't be able to partcipate for the rest of the competition. This is possible. However, I'm not saying that Courtney's the Bass' weakest player, but she wasn't the best. Again, she could have done the whole waking up and coercion by herself. If Duncan had a problem with it, he would no doubt get irritable, but he wouldn't try to injure Courtney. Despite how exhausted he was, Duncan was only out to get Harold. He pegged Harold from the very beginning of TDI, and was only interested in beating him up. Surely, Courtney and Duncan had no feelings regarding one another at the time (scratch that from one of my previous posts) but the worst case scenario for Courtney is that she could possibly get yelled at. It's doubtful that he would try to harm her in anyway. And since she had the courage to stand up for Harold (I applaud her for that), she could have gone through with her plan without the support of her other teammates. Again, I'm not suggesting that Courtney's the weakest player but if Duncan were to injure her, it wouldn't take much more to coerce him. Geoff or Bridgette could have taken over Courtney's leadership responsibilities. Since Geoff is in good terms with Duncan, despite his lack of sleep, Duncan would understand. Sorry, long paragraph. Courtney called time-out and told Harold to catch the ball, which shows some leadership skills but again, she was just mainly helping. Recall that Geoff started the sentence. Courtney just finished mid- sentence saying that he'd either have to throw Owen out, or catch the ball.

Right. But even then, the rest of the players weren't playing so well. Katie, Sadie and Geoff were all thrown out. Bridgette, I guess was the unknown thrower. But even as the unknown thrower showed that she lacked the skills to dodge and hasn't catched one ball.

Well that's just the thing. Duncan had a strategy, and Courtney didn't. Courtney can't expect to win a game without having anything planned.

How are you so sure that this site is fan-made? Many fan made websites hold false information, unless the creator has done careful research. You're assuming that just because Chris is sadistic, he would trick Courtney into thinking that if she faced her fear, she would still lose or come close to losing. I agree that Chris is demented, but he wouldn't incorrectly score challenges on purpose. He already got enough sick pleasure out of watching people freaking out and running away from their fears. The thing that he did to Owen, remember that the teams were merged. So he only wanted to trick Owen, and no one else. And usually if Chris were to pull a fast one on somebody, he would inform them about it. He never pulled a stunt without someone knowing about it first hand or last minute.

I didn't say that you made any assumptions for Paintball. I'm saying that Courtney had no one after her. This is basically a writer's technique. It's an observation. It's any wonder what might have happened. How do we know that Courtney hasn't already been shot and she went to wash-up and put on new or maybe spare clothing (note that cartoons wear the same clothes)? Writers leave out certain bits of information. It just showed shots of everyone else on the Bass team having someone after them and they managed to get away. This is basically argumentative. We don't know whether or not Courtney got shot. The last shot shows her with Duncan and she wasn't covered in paint. So this has two possibilities: She could have either survived the challenge or she could have been shot and didn't want anyone to know about it. Either way, if she did survive, I award more credit to the others, considering that everyone else at least had one hunter after them.

Right, same with Heat. But there's only one minor detail: Courtney was scored with a 6, and that was after Chris showed that he wasn't too impressed. When he showed more favoritism to Harold's dish, he said that "his antipasto passed the testo." The lowest score that Harold could possibly recieve is a 6. It wouldn't make any sense if he got lower than Courtney considering that Chris was more impressed with his meal than Courtney's.

That's true. But that is all according to Chris assigning them. He assigned Bridgette to be in two challenges and Harold to be in one. And again, I agree that Courtney was not at fault for being pelted with apples, but she still lost. We also don't know if she could have been any more successful with anyone different.

How can you say she needed the backup and shielding of her teammates to coerce Duncan? She did that on her own. Even if she wasn't the only person who took part in waking up Duncan, she was the driving force behind waking him.

Further, why would you say Duncan would not injure Courtney. The two of them dislike each other stemming from when Courtney didn't jump off the cliff. Further, she jumped in the second Duncan was awake and congizant.

Just because one "can" do things without their teammates does not mean that they "should." Using other people was a good idea with the branch because it gave them distance from the irritable Duncan.

Even if Courtney finished Geoff mid-sentence, she is still the one who gave the strategy. No one else assisted her until after she said it.

Katie was thrown out, but she still eliminated Leshawna. You can't peg her as worse than Harold because she actually scored. Sadie, also didn't have a chance to throw because Tyler threw all the balls. They were all over on the Gopher side when she was eliminated.

Tv.com is a fan-made site: look at the editor profiles. And you need more then your theory to disprove; it's already been shown that Chris will set challenges with no reward, and make people do things for no payoff.

Courtney didn't get shot; otherwise, the Gophers would have scored a point. We can't merely assume Courtney had been cheated; no one claimed to have shot her. Also, the reverse holds true in your argument. We don't see Courtney being chased by a hunter, but we also don't know exactly what she has been doing. All we have is the evidence in front of her: Courtney never got shot. Thus, she did what was required of her. She contributed to her team's success.

It doesn't make a whole lot of sense, true, but we can't assume Harold had a higher dish because the points do not allow that to be the only conclusion. It was clear from that he was more impressed with Bridgette and DJ, which meant the only score they could have gotten, with Harold still being superior, is an 8. That's the same odds as those two getting a 10, and Harold/Sadie getting a 5.

alagaesian

[474]Oct 17, 2009
    This is hilarious. It's a 'who's better than who?' thread again.

Let's put it this way - do we WANT Courtney to be a better competitor than Harold? Most people at this point would say no, because they believe that Courtney is an antagonist, and they don't want the antagonist to win. Harold can be something that keeps her from winning. If Courtney can mop the floor with him, then he just becomes another casualty in Courtney's backstabbing rise to power.

If you don't think that Courtney's an antagonist, you might want to look at the recent episodes more. Courtney has done pretty much everything Heather has, aside from spiteful humiliation. I never saw anybody saying Heather wasn't a villain when TDI was airing. Many actually wanted her to die in a cruel and unusual span of torture. Heather aside, there has to be a reason why so many people on this forum think that Courtney is a nasty witch.

My opinion of Courtney dropped drastically with this last episode. Now she just looks like an invincible Mary-Sue monster that needs to be put in her place. Yes, I'm again admitting that Courtney is better at challenges than Harold. However, this is one of the factors in my growing resent of her. She wins way too often.

imverybasic

[475]Oct 17, 2009

I was thinking the exact same thing. Courtney's only better than Harold in challenges because she is put to a physical advatage. She suddenly has all these skills that she lacked or couldn't demonstrate in TDI. This is saying something. It means that all the perks that she's gettimg are playing a role to her physical strength. Harold who has to settle for Chef's slop and shared bunkbeds still does well in challenges. He works well under pressure and is able to get productive whenever in a mess. I'm not saying that Harold has always succeeded, but neither has Courtney. Courtney has faultered countless times as a leader. She tries to look superior and confident but when it all comes down to it, she needs an extra boost. There's nothing wrong with that. But Courtney has been recieving boosts far too often and could only work under certain conditions. Harold, who is simply labelled as the underdog is known as somebody who can work under pressure and perform in challenges in his own unique and innovative way. And he's done it without much help. This alone makes him better than Courtney. No offense, but what kind of a person is afraid of jello?

BrainMan820 wrote:
    How can you say she needed the backup and shielding of her teammates to coerce Duncan? She did that on her own. Even if she wasn't the only person who took part in waking up Duncan, she was the driving force behind waking him.

Further, why would you say Duncan would not injure Courtney. The two of them dislike each other stemming from when Courtney didn't jump off the cliff. Further, she jumped in the second Duncan was awake and congizant.

Just because one "can" do things without their teammates does not mean that they "should." Using other people was a good idea with the branch because it gave them distance from the irritable Duncan.

Even if Courtney finished Geoff mid-sentence, she is still the one who gave the strategy. No one else assisted her until after she said it.

Katie was thrown out, but she still eliminated Leshawna. You can't peg her as worse than Harold because she actually scored. Sadie, also didn't have a chance to throw because Tyler threw all the balls. They were all over on the Gopher side when she was eliminated.

Tv.com is a fan-made site: look at the editor profiles. And you need more then your theory to disprove; it's already been shown that Chris will set challenges with no reward, and make people do things for no payoff.

Courtney didn't get shot; otherwise, the Gophers would have scored a point. We can't merely assume Courtney had been cheated; no one claimed to have shot her. Also, the reverse holds true in your argument. We don't see Courtney being chased by a hunter, but we also don't know exactly what she has been doing. All we have is the evidence in front of her: Courtney never got shot. Thus, she did what was required of her. She contributed to her team's success.

It doesn't make a whole lot of sense, true, but we can't assume Harold had a higher dish because the points do not allow that to be the only conclusion. It was clear from that he was more impressed with Bridgette and DJ, which meant the only score they could have gotten, with Harold still being superior, is an 8. That's the same odds as those two getting a 10, and Harold/Sadie getting a 5.

Because she did. Even if she was the only one who coerced Duncan, her teammates were right there.

They dislike each other, but they don't hate each other. At least not to the point where Duncan would want to beat her to an oblivion. Look at Courtney and look at Harold. Who do you think Duncan would rather go after? Who is the one Duncan gets pleasure out of tormenting on a daily basis?

Not neccessarily. If Courtney is such a strong competitor, she should show it.

I didn't say that. I just said that Courtney provided the clincher, which I'm free to admit is fine. But that's not enough to show as a competitor. Courtney basically finishing everybody's sentences (whether she provides the clincher or not) is playing back-up. This means/t that Courtney played back-up. This also means that Courtney's basically taking credit for everything. She's so worked up about trying to make herself look like a good leader, that she loses sight of being a team player.

Okay, then. Where has it been shown? I need proof. Unfortunately, I cannot find the editor's profile and I forget, who's the editor?

She threw out Leshawna basically because Leshawna had her hands full. She succeeded in shielding herself from DJ's ball, but didn't have enough time to protect herself from Katie's.

It turns out that Courtney wasn't shot. Owen spent half his time trying to hunt DJ and Duncan, Beth was getting chips for Heather, Leshawna said that she hadn't shot anything and Lindsay was with Heather the entire time. We could say that while gathering berries and hunting Duncan adn DJ, Owen and Lindsay--one of them-- may have stopped and tried to shoot Courtney on the way. But that hasn't been proven, so so far, it's a tie.

The writers probably intended to keep the score close, so Harold's dish wasn't scored. However, I am still willing to credit Harold for his dish. It must be a goof considering that his dish was excluded from being scored and that Chris still approved Harold's dish over Courtney's.

animation_luver

[476]Oct 17, 2009
    lol anything you guys say will be ignored and theyll keep arguing so dont even bother

n5d25d90

[477]Oct 17, 2009
    • level: 8
    animation_luver wrote:
    lol anything you guys say will be ignored and theyll keep arguing so dont even bother

I agree. It's getting very obvious that no one is going to cave in or give up.

alagaesian

[478]Oct 17, 2009
    n5d25d90 wrote:
    animation_luver wrote:

Which is exactly why I left the main debate. As expected, this thread has wandered over to a Harold vs. Courtney face-off again. How sad.

It's just that Courtney REALLY ticked me off in Princess Pride. I want her to face a painful death, but at the same time, I don't want to see the antagonist leave. I would like to see her leave a trail of carnage up until the final three, but I'm really starting to get annoyed with her Mary-Sue-ness.

animation_luver

[479]Oct 18, 2009

alagaesian wrote:
    n5d25d90 wrote:
    animation_luver wrote:
    Which is exactly why I left the main debate. As expected, this thread has wandered over to a Harold vs. Courtney face-off again. How sad. It's just that Courtney REALLY ticked me off in Princess Pride. I want her to face a painful death, but at the same time, I don't want to see the antagonist leave. I would like to see her leave a trail of carnage up until the final three, but I'm really starting to get annoyed with her Mary-Sue-ness.
    @ n5d yea too obvious i kinda saw this turniung into a versus thread which is why i tried to stop it but it was inevitable from the beggining

@ alagae: yea courtney is kind of annoying but she does add drama to the show which is the only reason ui want her to stay (but not win lol)

imverybasic

[480]Oct 18, 2009
    No, I completely agree with you guys. Having Courtney around is like having a thorn on your side that can't be removed. It's very annoying. And until this point, Courtney never had the ability to do martial arts moves. Now, all of a sudden, she's unstoppable. The writers are making her perfect because she's season 2's antagonist.