We're moving Forums to the Community pages. Click here for more information and updates.

Does Harold deserve to be picked on by Duncan and Courtney so much?

Does Harold deserve to be picked on so much?

BrainMan820

[441]Oct 12, 2009
    • level: 16

alagaesian wrote:
    She was cheated off by Harold, okay. But how much of a chance did she have at winning anyways? Maybe a bit higher than a one-in-eleven chance a 100 grand. Using her lawyers, she traded that chance for a one-in-eight (possibly one-in-nine, I've heard someone else is returning to the show) at a MILLION. And yet she also gets all these perks, which might or might not have helped her in challenges and may help her in the future. How much damage could she have gone through to even give her a right to all this stuff??? That was a rhetorical question, by the way. She must have good lawyers. But you're saying that Courtney can kill Harold, and you'll still think her actions are completely morally sound. Bizarre. But, if you think that harshly of Harold and cheating, there's absolutely no way anyone can convince you to sympathize with him because your morals are so incredibly different from the norm. Last time I checked, a human life was worth more than a chance at winning some money and cheesy tabloid fame.

Courtney didn't attempt to kill Harold; she beat him with a street lamp. Further, it was done solely in revenge, a revenge that would not have happened if Harold did not cheat off an innocent girl. Harold brought misfortune upon himself.

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

BrainMan820

[442]Oct 12, 2009

shishkabob999 wrote:
    BrainMan820 wrote:
    There's no evidence that it's because of an infatuation with Leshawna. Why can't you people just accept that Harold isn't that great? Sure, the balls Owen threw were fast, but remember that he was throwing them consecutively.
    So that the way Duncan was able to eliminate two rounds of Gophers by throwing the balls consecutively at them means that they're all worse than Harold? And they still managed to eliminate the Bass in the first two rounds?

This doesn't make any sense. Are you saying that because Duncan used the blitz, all the characters who used it are inferior to Harold? They have no correlation: The blitz has nothing to do with Harold's catching of the final ball.

BrainMan820

[443]Oct 12, 2009
    imverybasic wrote:

BrainMan820 wrote:
    I never said Owen was a bad player, I'm just saying that Harold dodging Owen's balls isn't some godly ability, and the fact that Owen got out four campers in a row rather quickly is not that great when two of them suck. Owen's still a good player, mind you. Just don't take it like Harold is some uber-awesome character because he was able to catch one of Owen's balls.

And again, there is no evidence of Harold wanting to prank off Courtney because of anything Courtney did to him. Harold was expressly clear that he performed the crime to get back at Duncan because Courtney was his girlfriend.

Just because half the players Owen eliminated were uncoordinated, doesn't mean that he couldn't get out players that were. You're admitting that he's a good player, but all the while saying that he could only get out players that are less coordinated than him, is saying that he's not that good, just mediocore. Owen's balls were thrown both rapidly and directly at the players. Neither of them could dodge them, except for Harold.

There's no evidence because Harold doesn't admit it. He wasn't going to express something about Courtney considering she was in the same place as him. He was avoiding her during that time. Courtney would have done something to him if she knew he said anything that involved her in anyway. I'm not implying that what Harold said wasn't true, but there had to be another possibility as to why he was gunning for her and not Duncan. It was out of spite, but for argument's sake he could have tried to cheat Duncan out of a million as an act of spite towards him.

The problem with your assumption is that you're assuming that, because Harold could dodge balls that other characters did not is not a direct correlation to Harold being better then Owen. Owen is a great player because he can throw and catch, but just because someone can get him out or dodge his balls doesn't make them automatically better. If so, then Courtney would be better then Owen. There would also be a paradox because Geoff and Katie got Owen out and were still thrown out by him.

Harold was able to dodge some of Owen's balls, and catch one. That's nice, I'm freely able to admit that. However, that doesn't make him great at dodgeball, because he can't throw worth a damn and was thrown out by Leshawna with no effort. The people on this board seem to assign an inordinate amount of importance on the fact that the ball Harold caught was the last one. That does not make him integral to victory. Harold is weaker then many of the campers on his team:

Duncan, DJ, Geoff, and Katie all performed the blitz manuever twice. Bridgette and Courtney did it once. Even Tyler was able to get out one camper. The only people who score less points than Harold on the Bass team are Sadie (0) and Tyler (1). But everyone here seems to think Harold is godly. It's not true.

If you say there is another possibility, you need to substainate it. Show me evidence that proves Harold cheated off Courtney independent of Duncan? There isn't. In fact, Harold seemed to welcome the idea of an alliance with Courtney in TDA.

imverybasic

[444]Oct 12, 2009
    BrainMan820 wrote:
    The problem with your assumption is that you're assuming that, because Harold could dodge balls that other characters did not is not a direct correlation to Harold being better then Owen. Owen is a great player because he can throw and catch, but just because someone can get him out or dodge his balls doesn't make them automatically better. If so, then Courtney would be better then Owen. There would also be a paradox because Geoff and Katie got Owen out and were still thrown out by him.

Harold was able to dodge some of Owen's balls, and catch one. That's nice, I'm freely able to admit that. However, that doesn't make him great at dodgeball, because he can't throw worth a damn and was thrown out by Leshawna with no effort. The people on this board seem to assign an inordinate amount of importance on the fact that the ball Harold caught was the last one. That does not make him integral to victory. Harold is weaker then many of the campers on his team:

Duncan, DJ, Geoff, and Katie all performed the blitz manuever twice. Bridgette and Courtney did it once. Even Tyler was able to get out one camper. The only people who score less points than Harold on the Bass team are Sadie (0) and Tyler (1). But everyone here seems to think Harold is godly. It's not true.

If you say there is another possibility, you need to substainate it. Show me evidence that proves Harold cheated off Courtney independent of Duncan? There isn't. In fact, Harold seemed to welcome the idea of an alliance with Courtney in TDA.

I am not assuming anything. I'm providing evidence from the show. You're saying that if Harold is better than Owen, that automatically makes Courtney better? No way. Not a chance. Courtney was the one who got out twice in the dodgeball game. Not once, twice. I could easily provide Courtney's entire performance: During the time that she was playing, she got out twice, dodged once, got one person out--singlehandedly-- without Duncan's strategy which required multiple balls being thrown at once (this betters the odds of getting someone out). Courtney fans assume that Courtney was the one who got Duncan to play in the game, when this is what really happened: Courtney said that the team needed someone strong enough to crush the Gophers. Everyone else then looked at Duncan. DJ was the first to catch on and then he opposed the idea. Courtney tried to reassure everyone else otherwise, but did a poor job and with that, everyone else refused. The next scene shows everybody trying to poke Duncan with a pole, to wake him up. Duncan wakes up, and gets aggrivated. He sees Harold who by the way shielded every player on his team, including Courtney. Courtney then comes between them and says that the team needs Duncan, Duncan is first reluctant, then agrees. That's it. Throughout the entire game or for the majority of it, at least, the only thing Courtney showed that she was capable of doing was throwing someone out. But even then, she showed that she couldn't eliminate too many people without the works of Duncan's strategy.

The fact that Owen is such a great player and that Harold managed to defeat him makes him better. Why? Well, I pretty much provided my arguments. One of them which is a simple fact. More balls thrown at an opposing player betters the chances of throwing them out. Owen threw multiple balls at Harold, Harold dodged four, he caught one and thus, defeated Owen.

The fact that Leshawna threw Harold out contradicts the whole purpose of Harold's masterful dodging skills. It is simply a goof. Something that the writers didn't notice and therefore makes that tidbit of information irrelevant to the argument. It is in fact, one of the many mistakes that have been written for this show.

This show has almost no morals. But if it did, the moral of the story would be to never judge a book by it's cover; in other words, don't underestimate or belittle someone's abilities until given enough of a chance to prove themselves. The fact that Courtney played the entire game, while Harold was only granted with a couple of chances only proves my point. He still did better than Courtney.

alagaesian

[445]Oct 13, 2009
    • level: 12
    BrainMan820 wrote:

alagaesian wrote:
    She was cheated off by Harold, okay. But how much of a chance did she have at winning anyways? Maybe a bit higher than a one-in-eleven chance a 100 grand. Using her lawyers, she traded that chance for a one-in-eight (possibly one-in-nine, I've heard someone else is returning to the show) at a MILLION. And yet she also gets all these perks, which might or might not have helped her in challenges and may help her in the future. How much damage could she have gone through to even give her a right to all this stuff??? That was a rhetorical question, by the way. She must have good lawyers. But you're saying that Courtney can kill Harold, and you'll still think her actions are completely morally sound. Bizarre. But, if you think that harshly of Harold and cheating, there's absolutely no way anyone can convince you to sympathize with him because your morals are so incredibly different from the norm. Last time I checked, a human life was worth more than a chance at winning some money and cheesy tabloid fame.

Courtney didn't attempt to kill Harold; she beat him with a street lamp. Further, it was done solely in revenge, a revenge that would not have happened if Harold did not cheat off an innocent girl. Harold brought misfortune upon himself.

I never said Courtney attempted to kill Harold. I'm saying, if she did, would you still consider her to be morally sound? He cheated. You said that it was up to Courtney to decide the punishment for that. Where do you draw the line? When do the punishments become too harsh for even Courtney's unfair elimination to compensate? I'm asking for your opinion. Yes, I know you believe that Courtney and Duncan are the judge, jury, and executioner in this situation. But, at what point would YOU consider the punishment cruel and unusual?

Brodoin15

[446]Oct 13, 2009
    • level: 20

I have another theory or two on why LeShawna got Harold out so easy in the dodgeball challenge. Please keep in mind that I am not saying these are 100% true, I am simply saying they are possible.

He may have been caught off guard by LeShawna, or he wasn't paying attention to her, plus he had to worry about the other players going after him even if he did dodge the ball. With him and Owen, Harold only had to worry about one person.

Of course, since it is a cartoon, it is most likley to be just a simple goof that the writers made.

alagaesian

[447]Oct 13, 2009
    • level: 12
    ^ Or...something they hadn't put much thought into considering it lasted about 2.5 seconds of screentime.

I frankly don't CARE who got more people out in dodgeball. They both were equally necessary for the win. They're a tie in my book.

And, yes Courtney badmouthed Harold. She didn't need to be that harsh, but it still pales in comparison to what Duncan was doing to him.

No, Harold should not have cheated off Courtney. It was an attempt to hurt Duncan and make the bully suffer, just as Harold suffered as the target of Duncan and Geoff's pranks. Now Duncan is continuously hurting Harold with planned pranks, supposedly to 'make him suffer' for cheating off Courtney. Harold obviously regrets his actions and seems to want to be on good terms with Courtney again. Meanwhile, Duncan doesn't regret. Therefore, I think Harold should be off the hook because he obviously learned his lesson, and Duncan should stop because he obviously didn't.

BrainMan820

[448]Oct 13, 2009
    imverybasic wrote:
    BrainMan820 wrote:

I am not assuming anything. I'm providing evidence from the show. You're saying that if Harold is better than Owen, that automatically makes Courtney better? No way. Not a chance. Courtney was the one who got out twice in the dodgeball game. Not once, twice. I could easily provide Courtney's entire performance: During the time that she was playing, she got out twice, dodged once, got one person out--singlehandedly-- without Duncan's strategy which required multiple balls being thrown at once (this betters the odds of getting someone out). Courtney fans assume that Courtney was the one who got Duncan to play in the game, when this is what really happened: Courtney said that the team needed someone strong enough to crush the Gophers. Everyone else then looked at Duncan. DJ was the first to catch on and then he opposed the idea. Courtney tried to reassure everyone else otherwise, but did a poor job and with that, everyone else refused. The next scene shows everybody trying to poke Duncan with a pole, to wake him up. Duncan wakes up, and gets aggrivated. He sees Harold who by the way shielded every player on his team, including Courtney. Courtney then comes between them and says that the team needs Duncan, Duncan is first reluctant, then agrees. That's it. Throughout the entire game or for the majority of it, at least, the only thing Courtney showed that she was capable of doing was throwing someone out. But even then, she showed that she couldn't eliminate too many people without the works of Duncan's strategy.

The fact that Owen is such a great player and that Harold managed to defeat him makes him better. Why? Well, I pretty much provided my arguments. One of them which is a simple fact. More balls thrown at an opposing player betters the chances of throwing them out. Owen threw multiple balls at Harold, Harold dodged four, he caught one and thus, defeated Owen.

The fact that Leshawna threw Harold out contradicts the whole purpose of Harold's masterful dodging skills. It is simply a goof. Something that the writers didn't notice and therefore makes that tidbit of information irrelevant to the argument. It is in fact, one of the many mistakes that have been written for this show.

This show has almost no morals. But if it did, the moral of the story would be to never judge a book by it's cover; in other words, don't underestimate or belittle someone's abilities until given enough of a chance to prove themselves. The fact that Courtney played the entire game, while Harold was only granted with a couple of chances only proves my point. He still did better than Courtney.

Wow, you really are going out of your way to praise Harold and demonize Courtney.

The relationship between Courtney and Harold's dodgeball ability has nothing to do with Owen; I have no idea where you even got that. You stated that because Harold was able to catch and dodge balls thrown by Owen, he is immediately a better player. This is false. Horrendously false. If this was the case, then Katie would be superior to Owen (because she threw him out) and inferior to Owen (because he threw her out) at the same time. Further, correlation would also render this illogical, as Courtney threw out Cody, who threw out DJ, who threw out Leshawna, who threw out Harold. That sequence would put Courtney as superior.

And then you negate Duncan's strategy. Why? You're certainly cool with using multiple balls to praise Harold. It's just senseless Harold praise. You haven't provided a single reason why it doesn't show Courtney is a good player. Here, I'll even provide it for you: That strategy is exceedingly precise and requires that all four characters who use it be superb throwers. After all, that strategy bombs if the balls ever touch.

As for multiple balls, please recall that Owen was the one who threw them, all at one target. He threw, at most, two balls together, then a third, then a fourth. It was nothing spectacular.

And then, funny funny, you just write off the fact that Harold was thrown out. It's inconvienent to your argument, so you ignore it. He was thrown out by her which caused the team to bench him. Stop denying it because you want Harold to look good.

As for Courtney, please watch the sequence again because you missed a number of details, which of course, you tailored to make Harold look good. Harold did not shield his team: Duncan went over to him. Before anything can happen, Courtney comes between them and tells him they need his help. Duncan is reluctant, and then (and this is the kicker) Courtney coerces him. Courtney states that if he doesn't do it, he will be the one going home. That is what causes Duncan to actually play.

So, as you can see, Courtney was responsible for this. Please get your facts straight.

BrainMan820

[449]Oct 13, 2009
    Brodoin15 wrote:

I have another theory or two on why LeShawna got Harold out so easy in the dodgeball challenge. Please keep in mind that I am not saying these are 100% true, I am simply saying they are possible.

He may have been caught off guard by LeShawna, or he wasn't paying attention to her, plus he had to worry about the other players going after him even if he did dodge the ball. With him and Owen, Harold only had to worry about one person.

Of course, since it is a cartoon, it is most likley to be just a simple goof that the writers made.

Unlikely. Harold was looking directly at Leshawna as he was trying to throw her out. She then picked up the ball and threw it at him. He clearly knew the ball was coming because he was running away screaming from it.

There's an easy explanation for this: Harold sucks.

BrainMan820

[450]Oct 13, 2009

alagaesian wrote:
    ^ Or...something they hadn't put much thought into considering it lasted about 2.5 seconds of screentime. I frankly don't CARE who got more people out in dodgeball. They both were equally necessary for the win. They're a tie in my book. And, yes Courtney badmouthed Harold. She didn't need to be that harsh, but it still pales in comparison to what Duncan was doing to him. No, Harold should not have cheated off Courtney. It was an attempt to hurt Duncan and make the bully suffer, just as Harold suffered as the target of Duncan and Geoff's pranks. Now Duncan is continuously hurting Harold with planned pranks, supposedly to 'make him suffer' for cheating off Courtney. Harold obviously regrets his actions and seems to want to be on good terms with Courtney again. Meanwhile, Duncan doesn't regret. Therefore, I think Harold should be off the hook because he obviously learned his lesson, and Duncan should stop because he obviously didn't.

See, if Harold regrets his actions, why hasn't he acted so with Courtney? I'm willing to say that Duncan went too far, and perhaps Harold did learn that cheating was wrong, but he hasn't done anything to make it up to Courtney.

BrainMan820

[451]Oct 13, 2009
    alagaesian wrote:
    BrainMan820 wrote:

alagaesian wrote:

I never said Courtney attempted to kill Harold. I'm saying, if she did, would you still consider her to be morally sound? He cheated. You said that it was up to Courtney to decide the punishment for that. Where do you draw the line? When do the punishments become too harsh for even Courtney's unfair elimination to compensate? I'm asking for your opinion. Yes, I know you believe that Courtney and Duncan are the judge, jury, and executioner in this situation. But, at what point would YOU consider the punishment cruel and unusual?

It's not my decision; I wasn't the one who suffered for it. That's the only answer I can give.

imverybasic

[452]Oct 13, 2009
    BrainMan820 wrote:
    imverybasic wrote:
    BrainMan820 wrote:

Wow, you really are going out of your way to praise Harold and demonize Courtney.

The relationship between Courtney and Harold's dodgeball ability has nothing to do with Owen; I have no idea where you even got that. You stated that because Harold was able to catch and dodge balls thrown by Owen, he is immediately a better player. This is false. Horrendously false. If this was the case, then Katie would be superior to Owen (because she threw him out) and inferior to Owen (because he threw her out) at the same time. Further, correlation would also render this illogical, as Courtney threw out Cody, who threw out DJ, who threw out Leshawna, who threw out Harold. That sequence would put Courtney as superior.

And then you negate Duncan's strategy. Why? You're certainly cool with using multiple balls to praise Harold. It's just senseless Harold praise. You haven't provided a single reason why it doesn't show Courtney is a good player. Here, I'll even provide it for you: That strategy is exceedingly precise and requires that all four characters who use it be superb throwers. After all, that strategy bombs if the balls ever touch.

As for multiple balls, please recall that Owen was the one who threw them, all at one target. He threw, at most, two balls together, then a third, then a fourth. It was nothing spectacular.

And then, funny funny, you just write off the fact that Harold was thrown out. It's inconvienent to your argument, so you ignore it. He was thrown out by her which caused the team to bench him. Stop denying it because you want Harold to look good.

As for Courtney, please watch the sequence again because you missed a number of details, which of course, you tailored to make Harold look good. Harold did not shield his team: Duncan went over to him. Before anything can happen, Courtney comes between them and tells him they need his help. Duncan is reluctant, and then (and this is the kicker) Courtney coerces him. Courtney states that if he doesn't do it, he will be the one going home. That is what causes Duncan to actually play.

So, as you can see, Courtney was responsible for this. Please get your facts straight.

I am not demonizing Courtney. I'm just defending my case. Katie was not the one who was targeted with multiple balls, Harold was. Courtney got one person out. As I recall, Courtney was the one who got out twice, not Harold. If you would like to go into a more deeper, continuous correlation, DJ threw out Gwen who threw Courtney (considering how exhausted she was) who threw out Cody who threw out both Katie and DJ (Courtney did not do this, plus she was not targeted with multiple balls) and Owen caught one of Courtney's balls when she tried to get Heather out. So this does not make her superior. Harold was benched for his throwing skills. That and that alone. He was benched after the first round and since then, has not been allowed to return until the final round. Why do you think I continue to bring Owen into my arguments? Because you said that he is a good player. I don't know where you got this idea that he wasn't an effortless dodger when he managed to get half of the players from the Killer Bass team out, including Courtney. And yes I bring Duncan's strategy into this equation. Why? Because the only time we see Owen being eliminated was at the commencement of Duncan's 'Rush The New Guy' technique. Owen had multiple balls thrown at him, he got out. With Harold, same story with the exception that he managed to defeat Owen, twice. Everyone else only got one chance to throw out some of the opposing players, where Harold defeated Owen twice. And so what if the balls were meant to throw at one target. This just proves how difficult it is to dodge many balls thrown at once. It's not always easy to dodge them. Harold managed to prove us otherwise, and maybe if he wasn't benched so early in the game, we would have got to see more of what he could do. Owen's strategy was quite similar to Duncan's. Like Owen, Duncan's plan was to throw out one tagret with multiple balls. Owen did that very same thing. The only difference being that it was just him and Harold on the court.

Not true. Absoluetly not true. This strategy did not require any precise movement or planning of any kind. Throwing multiple balls at one player betters the chances of throwing that one player out. The only time where a strategy like that could fail is if the balls are not thrown straight and direct. But you would have to be dealing with a bunch of massively uncoordinated players to get such luck.

I did not ignore the fact that Leshawna threw him out. I recognized it and said that it was a mistake on the writers' part. It was basically contradicting Harold's skills. One minute he sucks, the next he's a masterful dodger. It just simply makes no sense. The fact that Owen is a much better player (he barely got out, threw out more people) than Leshawna and that Harold managed to defeat him twice says something.

Courtney was the one who continously enflicted the job of waking Duncan up on Harold. Not only that, Harold was the one at the front of the line. Duncan then went for Harold and then Courtney stepped in. It's funny how Courtney had the guts to come betweenn Duncan and Harold, but didn't even make an effort to go and wake Duncan up herself. Isn't that funny? Not only did she not come through with her plan singlehandedly, but for half the time being, she just stood there giving out commands to everyone else and told Harold that he sucked at dodgeball without giving him a fair shot.

Stop telling me to get my facts straight or that I'm demonizing Courtney and phraising Harold. I am just merely defending my case. You don't have to get so defensive over Courtney. I'm not getting defensive over Harold. I'm just defending my arguments.

BrainMan820

[453]Oct 13, 2009
    imverybasic wrote:
    BrainMan820 wrote:
    imverybasic wrote:
    BrainMan820 wrote:

I am not demonizing Courtney. I'm just defending my case. Katie was not the one who was targeted with multiple balls, Harold was. Courtney got one person out. As I recall, Courtney was the one who got out twice, not Harold. If you would like to go into a more deeper, continuous correlation, DJ threw out Gwen who threw Courtney (considering how exhausted she was) who threw out Cody who threw out both Katie and DJ (Courtney did not do this, plus she was not targeted with multiple balls) and Owen caught one of Courtney's balls when she tried to get Heather out. So this does not make her superior. Harold was benched for his throwing skills. That and that alone. He was benched after the first round and since then, has not been allowed to return until the final round. Why do you think I continue to bring Owen into my arguments? Because you said that he is a good player. I don't know where you got this idea that he wasn't an effortless dodger when he managed to get half of the players from the Killer Bass team out, including Courtney. And yes I bring Duncan's strategy into this equation. Why? Because the only time we see Owen being eliminated was at the commencement of Duncan's 'Rush The New Guy' technique. Owen had multiple balls thrown at him, he got out. With Harold, same story with the exception that he managed to defeat Owen, twice. Everyone else only got one chance to throw out some of the opposing players, where Harold defeated Owen twice. And so what if the balls were meant to throw at one target. This just proves how difficult it is to dodge many balls thrown at once. It's not always easy to dodge them. Harold managed to prove us otherwise, and maybe if he wasn't benched so early in the game, we would have got to see more of what he could do. Owen's strategy was quite similar to Duncan's. Like Owen, Duncan's plan was to throw out one tagret with multiple balls. Owen did that very same thing. The only difference being that it was just him and Harold on the court.

Not true. Absoluetly not true. This strategy did not require any precise movement or planning of any kind. Throwing multiple balls at one player betters the chances of throwing that one player out. The only time where a strategy like that could fail is if the balls are not thrown straight and direct. But you would have to be dealing with a bunch of massively uncoordinated players to get such luck.

I did not ignore the fact that Leshawna threw him out. I recognized it and said that it was a mistake on the writers' part. It was basically contradicting Harold's skills. One minute he sucks, the next he's a masterful dodger. It just simply makes no sense. The fact that Owen is a much better player (he barely got out, threw out more people) than Leshawna and that Harold managed to defeat him twice says something.

Courtney was the one who continously enflicted the job of waking Duncan up on Harold. Not only that, Harold was the one at the front of the line. Duncan then went for Harold and then Courtney stepped in. It's funny how Courtney had the guts to come betweenn Duncan and Harold, but didn't even make an effort to go and wake Duncan up herself. Isn't that funny? Not only did she not come through with her plan singlehandedly, but for half the time being, she just stood there giving out commands to everyone else and told Harold that he sucked at dodgeball without giving him a fair shot.

Stop telling me to get my facts straight or that I'm demonizing Courtney and phraising Harold. I am just merely defending my case. You don't have to get so defensive over Courtney. I'm not getting defensive over Harold. I'm just defending my arguments.

I'm not the one who stated the correlation relationship: You were. I'm telling you it's a false analogy and am using Katie to prove my point. Don't just use the fact that one camper was thrown out to say one is better than another.

You are making absolutely no sense regarding Owen. I never once said that Owen couldn't dodge or couldn't throw. The fact is, and I can't believe I have to constantly beat this into your skull, Harold catching ONE ball does not make him have "wicked skillz." It doesn't matter who threw it. And, if you recall, Owen only threw one ball that time.

And you are ignoring facts. Duncan's strategy is different from Owen's strategy because it requires multiple balls thrown by multiple campers. As such, since all of Owen's balls come from the same source, they are easier to dodge, because, as stated, there is only one path between two points (Owen being the origin, Harold being the destination.) All Harold has to do is avoid one point in space. Harold did not defeat Owen twice: he defeated Owen once. Courtney defeated Owen once. You are assigning an inordinate amount of praise to Harold because of favoritism.

Actually, the strategy did require planning: Duncan planned it. Each camper would have to be prepared to open a salvo at the same time as the others. Otherwise, they'd be throwing at the incorrect time.

The writers write the show: They clearly planned for Harold to suck because he was benched for that reason, not to mention that Courtney sacrificed Harold to Duncan because he was a bad player. Don't write off a fact because it's inconvienent to your argument. All it says is that Harold caught one ball thrown by Owen and was thrown out by Leshawna. Don't assign an inordinate amount of praise to Owen because you want to peg Harold as superior.

The decision to use Harold to wake up Duncan shows a lot of leadership on Courtney's part. Recall that Duncan is quite irritable and prone to violence. Courtney, as the de facto leader, has to accept that whomever wakes Duncan up might not be killed, but they could be injured, and removed from the competition. As such, you use your weakest player (Harold) to wake him up so that the team doesn't suffer as much.

And she did give Harold a "fair shot." He threw a ball that went all of two inches before hitting the ground, then ran away screaming as Leshawna eliminated him. That's hardly a good impression. But, go ahead and blame that on writers, because Harold has wicked skillz in every topic (/sarcasm)

If you don't want me to accuse you of mindless Harold praise, get your facts straight. Don't write off a sucky moment of Harold as a mistake on the writer's part.

n5d25d90

[454]Oct 13, 2009
    • level: 8
    Then why didn't she ask Tyler to wake Duncan up? Or Sadie?

animation_luver

[456]Oct 14, 2009
    • level: 3
    cant we just yes or no and call it a day XD

imverybasic

[457]Oct 14, 2009

BrainMan820 wrote:
    I'm not the one who stated the correlation relationship: You were. I'm telling you it's a false analogy and am using Katie to prove my point. Don't just use the fact that one camper was thrown out to say one is better than another.

You are making absolutely no sense regarding Owen. I never once said that Owen couldn't dodge or couldn't throw. The fact is, and I can't believe I have to constantly beat this into your skull, Harold catching ONE ball does not make him have "wicked skillz." It doesn't matter who threw it. And, if you recall, Owen only threw one ball that time.

And you are ignoring facts. Duncan's strategy is different from Owen's strategy because it requires multiple balls thrown by multiple campers. As such, since all of Owen's balls come from the same source, they are easier to dodge, because, as stated, there is only one path between two points (Owen being the origin, Harold being the destination.) All Harold has to do is avoid one point in space. Harold did not defeat Owen twice: he defeated Owen once. Courtney defeated Owen once. You are assigning an inordinate amount of praise to Harold because of favoritism.

Actually, the strategy did require planning: Duncan planned it. Each camper would have to be prepared to open a salvo at the same time as the others. Otherwise, they'd be throwing at the incorrect time.

The writers write the show: They clearly planned for Harold to suck because he was benched for that reason, not to mention that Courtney sacrificed Harold to Duncan because he was a bad player. Don't write off a fact because it's inconvienent to your argument. All it says is that Harold caught one ball thrown by Owen and was thrown out by Leshawna. Don't assign an inordinate amount of praise to Owen because you want to peg Harold as superior.

The decision to use Harold to wake up Duncan shows a lot of leadership on Courtney's part. Recall that Duncan is quite irritable and prone to violence. Courtney, as the de facto leader, has to accept that whomever wakes Duncan up might not be killed, but they could be injured, and removed from the competition. As such, you use your weakest player (Harold) to wake him up so that the team doesn't suffer as much.

And she did give Harold a "fair shot." He threw a ball that went all of two inches before hitting the ground, then ran away screaming as Leshawna eliminated him. That's hardly a good impression. But, go ahead and blame that on writers, because Harold has wicked skillz in every topic (/sarcasm)

If you don't want me to accuse you of mindless Harold praise, get your facts straight. Don't write off a sucky moment of Harold as a mistake on the writer's part.

I did not state the correlation relationship. You began it in your last post and made Courtney superior. You seem to be forgetting the fact that Gwen threw Courtney out effortlessly despite how exhausted she was. That doesn't make Courtney superior.

You clearly said that Owen wasn't an effortless dodger. So I merely pointed out that Owen did indeed dodge a few balls and only got eliminated once due to Duncan's strategy. I also don't recall Katie ever eliminating Owen. It was the other way around. Owen threw the ball out of anger and eliminated both Katie and Sadie.

I admit that Owen's and Duncan's strategies are both similar. Not the same, but not completely different. With one difference that Owen's strategy was tougher. The strategy that he seemed to be at bay was that if you manage to dodge one ball, you would be hit by the next. Note that three out of the four balls had a spin put on them, which is a lot tougher to dodge, and thus would require the correct timing. It also does matter who throws the ball. Not everyone is good at dodgeball. You said that Owen was a good player, which he is. I just pointed out that he managed to catch and throw a lot of people out, those people including Courtney, but you fail to acknowledge that.

Letting someone play in one round is not giving them a fair shot. That's giving them an unfair shot. Since it was a competition and it was risky, Courtney and the others could have given him at least two to three rounds before benching him.

That sucky moment of Harold's is an observation. One might argue that Leshawna throwing Harold out was because he sucked at the game, while the other could argue that it was a mistake on the writers' part. And again, why sacrifice Harold whenit's so obvious that Tyler is their worst player? Tyler was given more than once chance to prove himself and he sucked. Harold was given only one chance and out of one sucky moment, everyone else benches him. How unfair is that?

You seem to be accusing me of mindless Harold praise when the truth is that Harold really does deserve to be praised. He saved peoples' lives, has shined in challenges where Courtney has come up short and has managed to get along with some of the other players outside of Leshawna. For all we know, Harold being thrown out could have been an off moment for him and didn't realize that he could have applied his gymnastic and figure skating skills to the game until the end of the episode. So that's not his fault. That's character development.

Also if anything, Courtney deserves to be demonized. You seem to ride off the fact that Courtney has fallen in some challenges, has acted nasty to some competitors, has whined about not getting her way and has almost put peoples' lives in danger.

HaydenAvery

[458]Oct 14, 2009
    • level: 21
    couldnt have said it any better myself.

imverybasic

[459]Oct 14, 2009
    Thanks.

n5d25d90

[460]Oct 14, 2009
    • level: 8
    animation_luver wrote:
    cant we just yes or no and call it a day XD

XD That would be nice, wouldn't it?