We're moving Forums to the Community pages. Click here for more information and updates.

iCarly Forums

Nickelodeon (ended 2012)

Official 'iThink They Kissed' Discussion

saylavee

[161]Sep 13, 2009
    • level: 18
    going back to the show. i wonder why they tied them up with freddie in the middle. my cousin, a shipping freak, thinks that means something...
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

LiZZiE12

[162]Sep 13, 2009
    • level: 1

I kinda like the ending. I think Dan did it on purpose to keep you wanting more. I thought the prisoner thing was funny, but it did take away from the friendship thing. I thought the episode was funny, but i think Carly overreacted. This esipode wasnt the best, but it by far wasn't the worst.

Obiwan456

[163]Sep 13, 2009
    • level: 12
    I found it hilarious, and one of the best of the show.

Birdette

[164]Sep 13, 2009
    • level: 4
    I thought the entire episode needed work. It was really overhyped, and no action happened in the story. The ending didn't make much sense, and Carly suddenly doesn't care about it and freak out like she did at the beginning. It was a cliffhanger, yeah, but a really lame one.
    The only thing I liked is that this is the only time where Spencer made something that wasn't horrible.

Uranium_OJ

[165]Sep 13, 2009
    • level: 6
    I LOVED the part when Freddie pinned Carly down. I always thought it was kind of strange that Carly and Sam seemed to be stronger than poor Freddie (well, not really strange about Sam). I'm so glad the writers didn't go on with that (wimpy Freddie). It makes much more sense for Freddie to be at least a bit stronger now, since he looks much older and bigger now.
    Edited on 09/13/2009 9:35pm

TheSchwab

[166]Sep 14, 2009
    • level: 11
    This episode really wasnt supposed to be a shippy episode. There was only Seddie and nothing else. I don't know where people are getting the **eddie and *am stuff from. Basically if carly was jeolous it would have been considered **eddie but she wasnt. She was just upset and felt betrayed that her friends didnt tell her. Also sam and carly are straight. They had some wonderfull friendship moments but nothing that was romantic. Seddie has a little at the end but not much. Dan was upfront and did not overhype it. He said it was a frienship episode with no shocking developments or nothing revolutionary in it a long time ago.

sockstar

[167]Sep 14, 2009
    • level: 12

There wasn't any Seddie at all. They kissed. We know that. It went x seconds. Big deal.

They didn't answer Carly's last question. Doesn't matter, we know the answer, and it's "it was nice".

Freddie could even say that Melanie's kiss was ever better than his first one, and that would annoy Seddie fans even more. Not answering doesn't make it a "seddie" moment.

The entire ep was filled with Creddie scenes.

Carly being jealous and being interested in Freddie is pretty obvious, it's been building for a few episodes now (Dan said Carly was jealous in one of his episode notes/facts guides), they just don't want to put it out there on the show right now, not when they have probably another season of 30+ episodes to make before the show ends.

The reason Dan said it was a "friendship" episode is because they kept the Carly/Freddie stuff in the subtext (after cutting the "are you jealous" scene out because the ep went long), and because he didn't want to upset Seddie fans.

As for not seeing Cam, you probably just don't get it at all.

PS: lol @ **eddie, are you that lame? Seriously. Just lol, it's as retarded as calling it the ship that cannot be named. You do realise than whenever you post **eddie or *am*, people from every ship are laughing at you for acting like a 8 year old.

Edited on 09/14/2009 12:29am

TheSchwab

[168]Sep 14, 2009
    tYour post is the definition of being in Denial. LOL at you thinking theres subtext. lol.
    Edited on 09/14/2009 9:44am

saylavee

[169]Sep 14, 2009
    • level: 18

[QUOTE="sockstar] PS: lol @ **eddie, are you that lame? Seriously. Just lol, it's as retarded as calling it the ship that cannot be named. You do realise than whenever you post **eddie or *am*, people from every ship are laughing at you for acting like a 8 year old.[/QUOTE]

lol i was guna comment on that too. really schwab *awesome name btw* why the heck are you ** out the ships. there is no point and is childish.

TheSchwab

[170]Sep 14, 2009
    I don't like speaking there name thats why. they disgust me.

1MMfan

[171]Sep 14, 2009
    • level: 16
    sockstar wrote:

There wasn't any Seddie at all. They kissed. We know that. It went x seconds. Big deal.

They didn't answer Carly's last question. Doesn't matter, we know the answer, and it's "it was nice".

Freddie could even say that Melanie's kiss was ever better than his first one, and that would annoy Seddie fans even more. Not answering doesn't make it a "seddie" moment.

Carly being jealous and being interested in Freddie is pretty obvious, it's been building for a few episodes now (Dan said Carly was jealous in one of his episode notes/facts guides), they just don't want to put it out there on the show right now, not when they have probably another season of 30+ episodes to make before the show ends.

The reason Dan said it was a "friendship" episode is because they kept the Carly/Freddie stuff in the subtext (after cutting the "are you jealous" scene out because the ep went long), and because he didn't want to upset Seddie fans.

PS: lol @ **eddie, are you that lame? Seriously. Just lol, it's as retarded as calling it the ship that cannot be named. You do realise than whenever you post **eddie or *am*, people from every ship are laughing at you for acting like a 8 year old.

Okay, I think there was Seddie. I'm not saying there wasn't Creddie but there's no way there wasn't any Seddie. They obviously thought it was more than just nice. It was just an awkward moment between the two so they really had no idea what to say. How does he like Melanie's better if he said he;s still fuzzy on the Melanie thing? And if he hated the kiss so much, why didn't he say no right there? Why did he pause? Um, Freddie barely appeared so it wasn't Creddie-filled, and plase note I never said it was Seddie-filled. Both ships had there moments but it wasn't Creddie-filled. It was basically a friendship episode. The jealous thing was cut out? The episode ended like four minutes before 8:30 and the commercials weren't long. I get why people say there was Cam. I have to agree with the **eddie thing. I think it's mean, since you really don't see Creddie fans calling Seddie *eddie. Even if you hate the name it's still not right.

HaydenAvery

[172]Sep 14, 2009
    • level: 21
    you mean creddie. while there was no kiss it was obvious carly was a teensy bit jealous.

TheSchwab

[173]Sep 14, 2009
    She was just upset and hurt. Did you not read the episode description sent out by nick in the press release? It specifically said carly was upset and hurt that her friends didnt tell her. And you people claim seddie fans look to much into things. That's The pot calling the kettle black right there.

SkyeNite

[174]Sep 14, 2009
    • level: 8
    1MMfan wrote:
    sockstar wrote:

Okay, I think there was Seddie. I'm not saying there wasn't Creddie but there's no way there wasn't any Seddie. They obviously thought it was more than just nice. It was just an awkward moment between the two so they really had no idea what to say. How does he like Melanie's better if he said he;s still fuzzy on the Melanie thing? And if he hated the kiss so much, why didn't he say no right there? Why did he pause? Um, Freddie barely appeared so it wasn't Creddie-filled, and plase note I never said it was Seddie-filled. Both ships had there moments but it wasn't Creddie-filled. It was basically a friendship episode. The jealous thing was cut out? The episode ended like four minutes before 8:30 and the commercials weren't long. I get why people say there was Cam. I have to agree with the **eddie thing. I think it's mean, since you really don't see Creddie fans calling Seddie *eddie. Even if you hate the name it's still not right.

My thoughts exactly. on everything. I couldn't possibly agree more.

Girlygirl24

[175]Sep 14, 2009
    • level: 28
    SkyeNite wrote:
    1MMfan wrote:
    sockstar wrote:

My thoughts exactly. on everything. I couldn't possibly agree more.

Agreed this Ep was HILAROUS

katywishing100

[176]Sep 15, 2009
    • level: 15
    TheSchwab wrote:
    I don't like speaking there name thats why. they disgust me.

Are you a little kid? Then stop acting like one.

aamilne

[177]Sep 15, 2009
    • level: 6

I think that Carly was mostly hurt that Sam and Freddie did not tell her about the kiss. But, she was also at least a little jealous of Sam, even if she is not that attracted to Freddie right now. I remember a girl chasing me for quite a long time, and when she finally gave up and dated somebody else, I felt a little jealous, even though I never considered dating her. It took me awhile to get over it, because I knew the guy she was dating, as his locker was close to mine. She would come over to his locker, and I would be standing just a few feet away. So, Carly was pretty shaken up. She was starting to ask Sam about the kiss when the episode ended. She could have several reasons for doing this. She wants to know if Freddie still has a crush on her. Even if she's not that interested in Freddie, it is still nice to get the attention. She could be afraid that Freddie and Sam are going to get together, and she might feel like a third wheel.

I don't think Carly is done asking about the kiss. I think somebody has suggested that it will occur in an upcoming episode for season 3. At some point, her curiosity about the kiss has to count as jealousy, at least partly. I don't think it is going to be in "iCook". It may fit better as part of "'iSpeed Date".

iFreddiesgirlx8

[178]Sep 15, 2009
    • level: 5
    yea i agree with you completely, she wasnt done saying what she wanted to say and thats what dan wanted tho, like to have some things still left unsaid so we keep coming back for more, so its probably going to be in an upcoming episode, and iSpeed Date would probably be a good one to have it in.

TheSchwab

[179]Sep 15, 2009
    Check out the ratings.

http://danwarp.blogspot.com/2009/09/icarly-ratings.html

iKiss the episode that aired before iThink They Kissed had some great ratings as well.

Here is the tvbythenumbers link.

http://tvbythenumbers.com/2009/09/15/cable...oodfinale/27176

:
    The return of iCarly (I believe its 3rds season opener) averaged 7.56 million

Just fwiw....iTwins got 5.226 million viewers during it's premiere. iFight Shelby Marx which was a one hour special by the way got 7.9 million viewers. Also iDate A Bad Boy got 6.5 Million viewers. iThink They Kissed got 1 Million more viewers than iDate A Bad Boy.

kikimarie593

[180]Sep 15, 2009
    • level: 27
    Good episode, but it definitely didn't live up to all the hype. Dan said the episode was mostly about the friendship and not shippy-ness, but there was some definite Creddie in this one. Carly seemed very jealous when she found out about the kiss.

Also, yayness about the ratings! That's awesome!! iCarly always does awesome when it comes to the ratings/viewers.