We're moving Forums to the Community pages. Click here for more information and updates.

iCarly Forums

Nickelodeon (ended 2012)

Official 'iThink They Kissed' Discussion

saylavee

[261]Dec 16, 2009
    • level: 18
    thank you for saying the word canon, i felt weird being the only one saying that (i never really noticed anyone else saying it) and i agree she did sound disgusted, no one wouldve beleived it at first right?
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

tweenboy

[262]Dec 16, 2009
    • level: 9
    KatelynBrissey wrote:
    I always thought she was disgusted when she said "Oh my God!" Like she could never in a million years picture that happening. Again, I think it opened Carly's eyes to Freddie being more datable or kissable (b/c I think she thought of him only as a friend up to that point), but that doesn't make it canon that Carly likes Freddie.

Exactly.

Freddimamay

[263]Dec 16, 2009
    • level: 4

KatelynBrissey wrote:
    I always thought she was disgusted when she said "Oh my God!" Like she could never in a million years picture that happening. Again, I think it opened Carly's eyes to Freddie being more datable or kissable (b/c I think she thought of him only as a friend up to that point), but that doesn't make it canon that Carly likes Freddie.

See, this is an example in the purest form that everyone views life (or tv shows in this instance, lol) with different eyes. For me it was the pure shock from Carly that she never expected to view Sam as a rival for Freddie's affections.

She knew she could take top spot over Valerie or Rona Burger (fictional in iXMas) while she was figuring out thier relationship---really, who wants to find a soulmate at 13 before you've had time to play the field and live a normal life----but if Sam was to come into play, someone who she knows Freddie cares for, she wouldn't be able to sit back and watch it play out. She might miss her chance. I feel like that's why she freaked, because she had real compitition, she's always just kind of banked on Freddie being there-in love with her. It's very clear that it disturbs her to imagine Freddie not being in love with her. This was something that upset that balance of her descion, thats why I veiw it as more a Creddie than Seddie ep. Sure, it was about the Kiss, but it was mostly about how Carly reacted to it.

tweenboy

[264]Dec 17, 2009
    • level: 9
    Freddimamay wrote:

KatelynBrissey wrote:

See, this is an example in the purest form that everyone views life (or tv shows in this instance, lol) with different eyes. For me it was the pure shock from Carly that she never expected to view Sam as a rival for Freddie's affections.

She knew she could take top spot over Valerie or Rona Burger (fictional in iXMas) while she was figuring out thier relationship---really, who wants to find a soulmate at 13 before you've had time to play the field and live a normal life----but if Sam was to come into play, someone who she knows Freddie cares for, she wouldn't be able to sit back and watch it play out. She might miss her chance. I feel like that's why she freaked, because she had real compitition, she's always just kind of banked on Freddie being there-in love with her. It's very clear that it disturbs her to imagine Freddie not being in love with her. This was something that upset that balance of her descion, thats why I veiw it as more a Creddie than Seddie ep. Sure, it was about the Kiss, but it was mostly about how Carly reacted to it.

Exactly.

katywishing100

[265]Dec 17, 2009
    • level: 15
    Freddimamay wrote:

KatelynBrissey wrote:

Agree 100%.

marcdragicevic

[266]Jan 3, 2010
    • level: 21
    is that Lindsay Shaw from Ned's Declassified School Survival Guide in the "send me a sack ad" in the 2nd minute of this episode?