We're moving Forums to the Community pages. Click here for more information and updates.

iCarly Forums

Nickelodeon (ended 2012)

Official 'iThink They Kissed' Discussion

TheSchwab

[181]Sep 15, 2009
    • level: 11
    Dan just answered this question in his latest blog.

Q. Is iThink They Kissed a two-parter? The problem wasn't really solved...

A. What do you mean it wasn't really "solved?" Carly was upset because her two best friends kept a secret from her (a big one). Carly discovered the secret, then told Sam and Freddie how hurt she was that they didn't share their secret with her. At the end, Sam and Freddie understood Carly's feelings, and they promised that, from now on, no more secrets. Seems like a resolution to me – at least to Carly's major issue.

Sometimes I think fans confuse TV shows with movies. When you see a movie, you usually want it to end with ALL questions answered (unless they're intentionally setting up a sequel). But with a TV series, it's an ongoing story. You don't have to (or want to) answer ALL questions at the end of every episode.

Think of it this way... when you got to bed at night, are ALL the questions about your life and where it will take you answered? No. Tomorrow's a new day that will being new events, new feelings, new information, and new decisions. Just like life, a TV series is an ongoing, living, breathing thing that constantly evolves, twists, winds, changes, and keeps moving forward. Does that make sense?
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

aamilne

[182]Sep 15, 2009
    • level: 6

Thanks for the info! Dan is correct that Carly's major issue (the secret keeping) was resolved. I also think it was difficult to end the episode cleanly once Sam & Freddie spilled the beans. Carly naturally wanted to know a lot more about the kiss, but there just wasn't enough time to do it fully. There's also the matter of the deleted scene about Carly possibly being jealous. So, Dan probably wanted to include more in the episode, but couldn't fit it in. He is right that since a TV show is ongoing, whatever questions were raised in viewers minds can be addressed in future episodes. I just hope it's not a long wait!

iCarlyHIMYMfan

[183]Sep 15, 2009
    • level: 5
    Its obvious that with the show continuing, the whole Seddie/Creddie issues are going to drag for quite a long while. It'll be interesting to see what happens next regarding that.
    Edited on 09/15/2009 9:08pm

aamilne

[184]Sep 16, 2009

Yeah, that's the thing. The writers can address these issues in upcoming issues if they want. But they can decide not to do it for awhile, drag it out, etc. We the viewers are really at their mercy. Carly has not forgotten about the kiss, it still bothers her. You could tell by the tone of her voice when she asked how long the kiss was, and if they liked it. She was clearly nervous, feeling a need to know, but fearing what she might find out. She was not teasing them about it. In real life, she would be asking Sam more about the kiss as soon as possible, probably the next time she is alone with Sam. But, since it is a TV show, it will probably be dropped for awhile, and then brought up again when the writers think they have tortured us fans enough. LOL. The writers don't want every episode to be shippy. But when you have romantic elements in a show, like Sam & Freddie kissing each other and liking it, you've just opened up pandora's box, and there is no pretending like it didn't happen.

For some odd reason, I thought that this episode was going to be one hour. I was sloppy in how I used an interenet source for TV schedules. It looked like it was going to be one hour, so at the half hour mark, I thought things were just getting good. I thought the sneak preview immediately following iCarly was going to be really short, you know, like 5 or 10 minutes. So, for me the episode did end abruptly. I was really anxious to hear what Sam and Freddie were going to say about the kiss, because I figured there was no way that Carly could let it go. And they had just promised not to keep secrets from each other, making Sam and Freddie feel more obligated to share.

But, that's water under the bridge. My only fear is that these episodes are edited long after they are written, if I understand correctly. So, several episodes following this one were written and filmed before this one was edited. Since the scene about Carly possibly being jealous was only cut recently during the final edit, those future episodes may have been written assuming that the jealously issue has already been addressed. And it's too late to go back and change the way those episodes were written and filmed, they can only be edited.

TheSchwab

[185]Sep 16, 2009
    I just don't think jeolousy is an issue. I mean people can read into subtext all they like but as far as what is canon is "Carly was not jeolous". We will see if it's brought up later but as of right now i'm going by what dan has said and the episode description released by Nick that Carly just felt hurt and betrayed her friends didnt tell her.

Obiwan456

[186]Sep 16, 2009
    • level: 12
    ;LLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL=-]=OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO]UJGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG-bn CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC

This message was typed my new cat I got yesterday.

IHeartSB

[187]Sep 16, 2009
    • level: 13
    TheSchwab wrote:
    I just don't think jeolousy is an issue. I mean people can read into subtext all they like but as far as what is canon is "Carly was not jeolous". We will see if it's brought up later but as of right now i'm going by what dan has said and the episode description released by Nick that Carly just felt hurt and betrayed her friends didnt tell her.

When it comes to love triangles between main characters on the shows that Dan has done (and I'm particularly thinking about Zoey101 here) jealousy isn't really part of the equation. I mean remember in the Zoey episode "Trading Places" when Zoey and Chase realize that being an ocean apart won't work for them?They said they dated other people before that point and it wasn't awkward. I mean c'mon it took three seasons for Zoey to admit that Chase had been in love with her since day one. Jealousy is just something that isn't ever brought up in these type of shows. I just hope that there is a hour long episode made that revisits this whole issue again and actually provides answers (i.e. does carly actually like Freddie? Does Sam like Freddie? Does Freddie still like Carly or is he over her and moved on to Sam?). It would be interesting to see who Freddie actually ends up with. There have been shows on TV in the past where there was tons of subtext between main characters surrounding their romantic involvement and then once they do get together it just doesn't work out. I hope something like that ends up with iCarly. It would make for some pretty interesting episodes and that way the show could end with everybody being friends instead of Freddie being either Sam or Carly's boyfriend and the other girl getting shafted.

Obiwan456

[188]Sep 16, 2009
    IHeartSB wrote:
    TheSchwab wrote:

When it comes to love triangles between main characters on the shows that Dan has done (and I'm particularly thinking about Zoey101 here) jealousy isn't really part of the equation. I mean remember in the Zoey episode "Trading Places" when Zoey and Chase realize that being an ocean apart won't work for them?They said they dated other people before that point and it wasn't awkward. I mean c'mon it took three seasons for Zoey to admit that Chase had been in love with her since day one. Jealousy is just something that isn't ever brought up in these type of shows. I just hope that there is a hour long episode made that revisits this whole issue again and actually provides answers (i.e. does carly actually like Freddie? Does Sam like Freddie? Does Freddie still like Carly or is he over her and moved on to Sam?). It would be interesting to see who Freddie actually ends up with. There have been shows on TV in the past where there was tons of subtext between main characters surrounding their romantic involvement and then once they do get together it just doesn't work out. I hope something like that ends up with iCarly. It would make for some pretty interesting episodes and that way the show could end with everybody being friends instead of Freddie being either Sam or Carly's boyfriend and the other girl getting shafted.

Hey, what's the description for iBreak Up? Could this be about Creddie or Seddie?

sockstar

[189]Sep 16, 2009
    No.

I think it's an alternative name for the 1st part of the iDiscover Dave & Fleck 2 part episode. I believe Sam and Carly end up "splitting up" for their respective opposites (like that episode of bizzaro seinfeld).

Obiwan456

[190]Sep 17, 2009
    Oh. Okay, thanks.

slim324k

[191]Sep 19, 2009
    Must admit I expected a little more from this episode honestly. The only reason I gave it a mid grade score was because at least it's some development in their lives. Was disappointed with the end also...they never did answer if they enjoyed the kiss or anything; hoping that iSpeedDate gives us something

HaydenAvery

[192]Sep 19, 2009
    • level: 21
    im positive it wont! and after rewatching the ep there was only 5 minutes of the prison plot at most. you cant get worked up and expect everything to be over in one ep. doesnt matter since creddie will happen anyways.

TheSchwab

[193]Sep 19, 2009
    You are out of your mind. Seddie is going to happen. You think all of this Sam and Freddie development is just for kicks? haha. Let me guess...You think it's too just make Seddie fans happen till the complete 180 of putting freddie with carly. yeah. lol.

HaydenAvery

[194]Sep 19, 2009
    yes. its not very unelievable. it keeps people watching and then every seddie fan gets the shock of their life.

TheSchwab

[195]Sep 19, 2009
    Whatever helps you sleep at night.

HaydenAvery

[196]Sep 19, 2009
    no it doesnt cure my back pains. i can like creddie if i want since i hate sam.

iCarly317

[197]Sep 19, 2009
    • level: 13
    All you guys are crazy for saying things like "Creddie is going to happen!" "Are you out of your mind? Seddie is gonna happen!" I'm a Creddie fan all the way, maybe even neutral when it comes down to it, but it sounds stupid to be doing that. Just enjoy the freakin' show.

TheSchwab

[198]Sep 19, 2009
    Honestly i really don't know whats going to happen and im a huge Seddie fan. I'm just saying if it was leaning one way i would say Seddie but im in no way confident it's going to happen.

1MMfan

[199]Sep 19, 2009
    • level: 16
    Well we don't know which will really happen, I mean no shipping has officially became canon. I want Seddie to happen but I can't say it will because I don't know that. No one knows if Creddie or Seddie will happen.

Uranium_OJ

[200]Sep 19, 2009

TheSchwab wrote:
    Honestly i really don't know whats going to happen and im a huge Seddie fan. I'm just saying if it was leaning one way i would say Seddie but im in no way confident it's going to happen.

Really? You're just leaning, are you? Is that why you said,

TheSchwab wrote:
    You are out of your mind. Seddie is going to happen. You think all of this Sam and Freddie development is just for kicks? haha. Let me guess...You think it's too just make Seddie fans happen till the complete 180 of putting freddie with carly. yeah. lol.

You seem pretty confident to me.