We're moving Forums to the Community pages. Click here for more information and updates.

iCarly Forums

Nickelodeon (ended 2012)

Official 'iThink They Kissed' Discussion

ruffmanfan88

[41]Aug 31, 2009
    • level: 12

ithink they kissed might not be season 3 after all in this interview http://community.livejournal.com/groovysmoothie/443652.html nathen says season 2 is 45 episodes long. it is around the 6 minute spot he says this. so maybe it won't be split and Dan just whants to make a new intro, shows can do that. don't forget that intro right now has been on for almost one full year. He maybe he is just sick of the one that is airing now. I can't think of any shows that have done it in the past. here's something I found. It might be for season 3 or it might be because he is bored with the current one but he gave no indication in that posting when the new opener will be used and he has just started looking for inputs. It is extremely unlikely that the new opener, yet to be created, will be ready soon. It is also unlikely that episodes already completed and ready for broadcast will be modified. A new season for a TV series is a major event and when it happens Nickelodeon will make it very obvious. Unless that happens the 200 series production codes and the article reference stating 45 episode for season 2 means new episodes are season 2 productions even if there are changes in the opening sequence. also a change in the opening credit sequence, by itself, does not mean anything. Lots of shows change the opening credit sequence during a season to reflect cast changes, special episodes or just because the production company wants to. Wait for either a change in the production codes or some firm explicit statement from Nickelodeon that announces season 3. like I said It might be for season 3 or it might be because he is bored with the current one but he gave no indication in that posting when the new opener will be used and he has just started looking for inputs. It is extremely unlikely that the new opener, yet to be created, will be ready soon. It is also unlikely that episodes already completed and ready for broadcast will be modified. Even though he's talking about changing it, that doesn't mean it will show up on these next few episodes. And it didn't seem like they had gotten very far on it yet. If you check on the 12th it Still means nothing about a new season starting unless Nickelodeon also states explicitly the episode is the season 3 premiere. the intro is refering to http://danwarp.livejournal.com/9640.html. hopefully I get everything and sorry if I mentioned any thing twice.

Edited on 08/31/2009 2:03pm
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

SkyeNite

[42]Aug 31, 2009
    • level: 8
    sockstar wrote:
    Sam told Carly, but Sam doesn't remember because she's high.

Carly asks Freddie, who tries to run away (I guess he's realised Melanie was real, I hope we get something about that), but ends up confirming it to Carly.

Carly then freaks out, tells Sam that she knows, Sam doesn't realise she told Carly first, then attacks Freddie when he walks in on them talking.

That's probably what happened.

Agreed, I have a lot of friends that had/have braces and most of them say that they don't remember a thing when it wears off and the nurses/doctors will tell them about the crazy things they were doing/saying. wow that was alot of /'s haha

SkyeNite

[43]Aug 31, 2009
    ruffmanfan88 wrote:

ithink they kissed might not be season 3 after all in this interview http://community.livejournal.com/groovysmoothie/443652.html nathen says season 2 is 45 episodes long. it is around the 6 minute spot he says this. so maybe it won't be split and Dan just whants to make a new intro, shows can do that. don't forget that intro right now has been on for almost one full year. He maybe he is just sick of the one that is airing now. I can't think of any shows that have done it in the past. here's something I found. It might be for season 3 or it might be because he is bored with the current one but he gave no indication in that posting when the new opener will be used and he has just started looking for inputs. It is extremely unlikely that the new opener, yet to be created, will be ready soon. It is also unlikely that episodes already completed and ready for broadcast will be modified. A new season for a TV series is a major event and when it happens Nickelodeon will make it very obvious. Unless that happens the 200 series production codes and the article reference stating 45 episode for season 2 means new episodes are season 2 productions even if there are changes in the opening sequence. also a change in the opening credit sequence, by itself, does not mean anything. Lots of shows change the opening credit sequence during a season to reflect cast changes, special episodes or just because the production company wants to. Wait for either a change in the production codes or some firm explicit statement from Nickelodeon that announces season 3. like I said It might be for season 3 or it might be because he is bored with the current one but he gave no indication in that posting when the new opener will be used and he has just started looking for inputs. It is extremely unlikely that the new opener, yet to be created, will be ready soon. It is also unlikely that episodes already completed and ready for broadcast will be modified. Even though he's talking about changing it, that doesn't mean it will show up on these next few episodes. And it didn't seem like they had gotten very far on it yet. If you check on the 12th it Still means nothing about a new season starting unless Nickelodeon also states explicitly the episode is the season 3 premiere. the intro is refering to http://danwarp.livejournal.com/9640.html. hopefully I get everything and sorry if I mentioned any thing twice.

I'm not gonna lie I didn't even bother to read ALL of that but, why are you so obsessed with when season 3 does or does not start?

Oh well, heres an answer to the little that I did read when I skimmed through your post.

Film Seasons and airing seasons can be two different things. A filming season is how long the cast and crew will work before going on hiatus or rather how many eps they agreed to do in thier contract. Airing seasons are determined by the network. In this case the filming season was 45 eps and the airing seasons will be... what? was it 25 in season 2? Therefore making season three 20?

Also if you follow Dan on twitter you should know that he never edits an ep utill about a week before the ep premeires so he never adds in the credits untill a week before it premiers so he can easily add in the season three credits without skipping a beat. It wouldn't be any different then normal. He wouldn't have to "modify" anything. Besides it really wouldn't take THAT long for him to create the new opening credits. In his post he didn't give any indication of how far along he was, he could very well have been almost done or had just started. He did however give indication that he had people helping him put the credits together and its what? 2 weeks before the ep premiers. I'd say he has plenty of time to finsh them.

And since TVGuide announced that iCarly would be starting a new season in september with a synopsis for the first ep of the new season. That being the same synopis as iTTK, I would say its safe to assume that iTTK is the first ep of the new season. TVGuide gets that info from nick afterall.

Another thing. READ OVER YOUR POST BEFORE YOU POST THEM. I know you apoligize if you mention anything twice and such but you can not expect other people to even bother with reading your post if your to lazy yourself to go over it and make sure you said everything right. Just saying that post couldv'e been a lot shorter and easier to read if you would have bothered to proof read.

Edited on 08/31/2009 3:57pm

OverkiII

[44]Aug 31, 2009

Not sure if anyone pointed this out, but as I was watching the long promo for iTTK on TV, it looked like Carly started to laugh when Freddie screamed as Sam chased him out of the apartment. Temporary lapse of acting on Miranda's part? xP

(Though in her defense that must have been pretty funny to watch. )

SkyeNite

[45]Aug 31, 2009
    OverkiII wrote:

Not sure if anyone pointed this out, but as I was watching the long promo for iTTK on TV, it looked like Carly started to laugh when Freddie screamed as Sam chased him out of the apartment. Temporary lapse of acting on Miranda's part? xP

(Though in her defense that must have been pretty funny to watch. )

yah someone pointed that out on twitter. But of course as a seddie fan I say we take it totally out of context and chalk it up to Carly secretly being a seddie shipper! haha Just kidding XD But yah, Miranda may have only broken character in that one take for all we know and was perfect in everyother one but Dan liked the ways Freddie threw the cord or something in that take and chose to use it anyways. I so can't wait for that scene by the way.

shybaby13

[46]Aug 31, 2009
    • level: 15
    Oh man, that episode looks funny!!! I wonder why Carly's so freaked out...

ruffmanfan88

[47]Sep 1, 2009
    on http://tvrage.com/shows/id-15498/episodes/1064846913/02x21 has this episodes and the episodes after it listed as season 2. so dan is just making a new title credits and is sick of the old one. are't you be sick of the old one it has been on for a year now and dan wants to promo the new episodes. I bet there is a show out there that has 2 different opening credits a season. the episode look extremely funny

GloryxxAngel

[48]Sep 1, 2009
    • level: 4
    SkyeNite wrote:
    ruffmanfan88 wrote:

I'm not gonna lie I didn't even bother to read ALL of that but, why are you so obsessed with when season 3 does or does not start?

Oh well, heres an answer to the little that I did read when I skimmed through your post.

Film Seasons and airing seasons can be two different things. A filming season is how long the cast and crew will work before going on hiatus or rather how many eps they agreed to do in thier contract. Airing seasons are determined by the network. In this case the filming season was 45 eps and the airing seasons will be... what? was it 25 in season 2? Therefore making season three 20?

Also if you follow Dan on twitter you should know that he never edits an ep utill about a week before the ep premeires so he never adds in the credits untill a week before it premiers so he can easily add in the season three credits without skipping a beat. It wouldn't be any different then normal. He wouldn't have to "modify" anything. Besides it really wouldn't take THAT long for him to create the new opening credits. In his post he didn't give any indication of how far along he was, he could very well have been almost done or had just started. He did however give indication that he had people helping him put the credits together and its what? 2 weeks before the ep premiers. I'd say he has plenty of time to finsh them.

And since TVGuide announced that iCarly would be starting a new season in september with a synopsis for the first ep of the new season. That being the same synopis as iTTK, I would say its safe to assume that iTTK is the first ep of the new season. TVGuide gets that info from nick afterall.

Another thing. READ OVER YOUR POST BEFORE YOU POST THEM. I know you apoligize if you mention anything twice and such but you can not expect other people to even bother with reading your post if your to lazy yourself to go over it and make sure you said everything right. Just saying that post couldv'e been a lot shorter and easier to read if you would have bothered to proof read.

Why does it bother you guys that much if its season three or season two. Who cares?

iCarly317

[49]Sep 1, 2009
    • level: 13
    GloryxxAngel wrote:
    SkyeNite wrote:
    ruffmanfan88 wrote:

Why does it bother you guys that much if its season three or season two. Who cares?
    It doesn't bother most of us. Some of us could care less. But there's a select few who just like to know every little detail of everything to do with the show.

taillow22

[50]Sep 1, 2009
    • level: 11

I'm looking forward to the new opening credits, I always like it when shows get new ones

Instead of keeping just the clip of Carly throwing her hat in the air, they are also keeping the one with Spencer and the ostrich xD

garnergeek

[51]Sep 1, 2009
    • level: 14
    i don't think Miranda broke character... i noticed the smile or whatever as well... but it is more believable if she like laughs instead of just stands there and pretends to be shoked that sam is chasing freddie... i mean she as carly is used to it, so it's almost like she is shaking her head and laughing like "here we go again!" i doubt miranda broke character... most of the time when sam and freddie fight or argue carly is smiling like wow are we really doing this again... cut it out! anyways i can't wait to see this ep!!!

Canogaparkcindy

[52]Sep 2, 2009
    • level: 49

A link to Dan's new blog. To stop all confusion with the seasons.

http://danwarp.blogspot.com/2009/09/icarly-second-season-third-season-huh.html

sockstar

[53]Sep 2, 2009
    And now people can bombard him with questions asking when Season 4 will start, how many episodes it will have (20, 25 or another 45+ epic filming), and if it will be the final season (either a 25 episode season 4, or a 45+ season 4/5).

SkyeNite

[54]Sep 2, 2009
    sockstar wrote:
    And now people can bombard him with questions asking when Season 4 will start, how many episodes it will have (20, 25 or another 45+ epic filming), and if it will be the final season (either a 25 episode season 4, or a 45+ season 4/5).

haha! Your so right. Really peoples, who cares? Although, I have to admit that I'm kinda wondering if the "3rd season" is going to start with iCook or iTTK since Dan said a couple of weeks and iTTK is only in 10 Days(!!!) Of course I'm just curious because I want to know which ep I should be looking forward to see the new opening sequence. But yah.

Obiwan456

[55]Sep 2, 2009
    SkyeNite wrote:
    sockstar wrote:

haha! Your so right. Really peoples, who cares? Although, I have to admit that I'm kinda wondering if the "3rd season" is going to start with iCook or iTTK since Dan said a couple of weeks and iTTK is only in 10 Days(!!!) Of course I'm just curious because I want to know which ep I should be looking forward to see the new opening sequence. But yah.

He probably means iTTK.

taillow22

[56]Sep 2, 2009
    • level: 11
    It's weird. In the blog, he said they are probably one of the fastest producing scripted tv shows ever, yet we get less than 1 episode a month...

SkyeNite

[57]Sep 2, 2009
    taillow22 wrote:
    It's weird. In the blog, he said they are probably one of the fastest producing scripted tv shows ever, yet we get less than 1 episode a month...

HAHAHA! Thats Nick for ya

Obiwan456

[58]Sep 2, 2009
    SkyeNite wrote:
    taillow22 wrote:

HAHAHA! Thats Nick for ya

But we'll probably be getting one ep per week for a few weeks after season 3 starts.

ruffmanfan88

[59]Sep 2, 2009
    dan just means the production goes fast not the airing.

Obiwan456

[60]Sep 2, 2009
    But thats good. At this rate we'll have new iCarly through 2015! And by then we can hop on our hoverboards and go watch them at our freinds house on their 9 screen tv's!