We're moving Forums to the Community pages. Click here for more information and updates.

iCarly Forums

Nickelodeon (ended 2012)

Official 'iSpeed Date' Discussion

iCarlyHIMYMfan

[1]Aug 22, 2009
    • level: 5

Discuss away here 'iSpeed Date' showing on Saturday, September 26th:

http://tv.msn.com/tv/series-episodes/icarly/

Synopsis - Carly, Sam and Freddie must hold a speed-dating session when they are overwhelmed with boys who want to take Carly to the upcoming dance; Spencer follows a bizarre workout regimen.

This episode is the one that deals with the MAYBE Carly/Freddie kiss. Should get both the Carly/Freddie & Sam/Freddie fans talkin for quite a bit until the episode airs.

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

sockstar

[2]Aug 22, 2009
    • level: 12

I posted this in the creddie thread, but I'll post it again here, because more than 3 people might read it

I'm going to spoiler tag part of it which includes my reasoning.

I'm 100% certain that creddie kiss is going to turn out like one of JD's little fantasy sequences on scrubs and be a complete blatant ship tease.

I don't think it's going to be "real". It could be a fantasy, a vision, a dream/nightmare, virtual reality, hallucinations or a final moments death sequence, alternate/mirror/bizarro universes but that's very sci-fi. It will be unlikely to be anything but the fantasy or dream. Everything else is too "mature" for this show.

Dream Sequence. Maybe. They could make the whole first part of the episode a dream, end it just as he's about to kiss carly, then show the "real world" and it goes through until she kisses the other guy. Or they have the night before the party, the dream part would be in the middle somewhere, Freddie has a dream about the party, Carly's date is a jerk or whatever, Freddie rescues her, Ms Benson comes in saying to get ready for school, and they show the actual date/dance at the end of the episode.

The writers have already used it once on iDream of Dancing, where they did an almost identical "Freddie rescues Carly" dreamplot. Except he didn't kiss her at the end.

Fantasy Sequence. Refined/Pioneered/brought back by Scrubs (something similar would be the "remember that time etc" jokes on Family Guy), it could be all in his head. Kisses or Near-Kisses = Ratings gold (apparently), and make good trailers.

So they stick in one of these after they come back from the 2nd last or final ad-break, Carly rejecting her date or Freddie rescuing her from an **** she goes over to Freddie then just as they are about to kiss, Sam donks him on the head with a fat-cake or Gibby interrupts them, and he's left back in reality watching the real "guy of the week" kissing her. These can be done very quickly, a single minute is usually heaps and heaps of time to pull one of these off, and it doesn't interrupt the rest of the episode.

The most important thing as it relates to seddie or creddie, is if there is any type of reaction from Freddie about what happened. The writing could make it an explicit nod towards future Seddie by making Freddie decide he's "done" with Carly, or that he's not going to get her, or whatever, so long as he decides that Carly really doesn't like him, and he gives up.

The flip-side is that he is still hurt by seeing her with other guys, and he decides not to give up at all, strengthing his carly resolve. It will probably be one of the most shippy parts of any episode in "season 3" (and by shippy I mean actual obvious shippiness, not "sam beats him up = seddie true love).

This spoiler part contains information gathered from danwarp and twitter that some people may not have read/seen, and may not want to, so I'm spoilering it. It's kinda "evidence" for my non-spoiler thoughts:

***SPOILER***

If it's not a dream or whatever, and it's legit, real, then it's again with the reactions. They could kiss, Freddie could decide he doesn't feel anything after all, and it kills Creddie off for good, leaving the door open for Seddie. Carly could decide that well just maybe she does feel something, and it keeps creddie going.

katywishing100

[3]Aug 22, 2009
    • level: 15
    ^^ I hope its real, because I really like Creddie, but then we would have to hear the Seddie people whine and complain, and attack Dan for writing that, and some people are threatening to kill themselves if it happens, or never watch the show again, which is really pathetic.

sockstar

[4]Aug 22, 2009
    Yeah. They are very "vocal" to put it nicely. I think the amount of Seddie to Creddie supporters/fans isn't as big as most Seddie shippers think it is, and alot of Creddie people don't post as much because of getting attacked by Seddie, and having half a dozen seddie episodes over 2 seasons, which only a handful that involved Creddie in any way.

Hopefully this and iSaved Your Life (and maybe ittk) might increase the viability for Creddie, and increase the amount of Creddie in season 4 when it's filmed in a year or so. Which could very well be the last season of the show.

iCarlyHIMYMfan

[5]Aug 22, 2009
    • level: 5
    Judging from the episode synopsis, it seems a bit weird to see Freddie helping Carly out with this whole speed date session if his crush on her is still suppposed to be intact. Why help her and Sam in trying to find a date for her just cause all these boys want to take her if he wishes that he was the one that could take her instead. That's why I kinda think the Carly/Freddie kiss might be a dream sequence like you said. But that's just my view of it, I wish it was real though. I guess we'll know soon enough.

TheSchwab

[6]Aug 22, 2009
    • level: 11

I still can't believe some of you are using the excuse "They just don't post online". lol. Seriously that's plain denial on your part. There are clearly way more Seddie supporters than The ship that shall not be named. By you saying "They just don't post" is really just a delusion on the ship that shall not be named fan's part. They tell themselves that to make them feel better. "There are just as many TSTSNBN fans as Seddie fans. They just don't make themselves known". That's so denial. Anyway i don't expect any shippy moments in this episode or in iThink They Kissed. I mean when Dan posted that infamous Picuture he said it "MIGHT or MIGHT NOT" happen and then he said "The LAST thing that picture should do is Upset seddie fans. trust me. You have to think outside the iBox".

Edited on 08/22/2009 2:27pm

1MMfan

[7]Aug 22, 2009
    • level: 16

Honestly, I don't think it matters how many people like a certain shipping. Some times a shipping with more people shipping it can happen, and some times a shipping with less people shipping it can happen. It really doesn't depend on how many people ship it since it would be impossible to count how many people ship it. It is pretty much true that Seddie has more shippers, no offense.

I do agree some Seddie fans can go too far, but not ALL of us. Some Seddie fans wouldn't attack Dan and wouldn't threaten to commit suicide because of Creddie. We can get insane about it, but basically every shipping has people go insane about it, I've seen some Creddie fans go insane before(not really much here on tv.com but on other places.) I admit I really like Seddie and want it to happen but I find it interesting if they give each shipping some hints. I do think iSpeed Date might have some Creddie but I still have some doubts about the kiss.

katywishing100

[8]Aug 22, 2009
    1MMfan wrote:

Honestly, I don't think it matters how many people like a certain shipping. Some times a shipping with more people shipping it can happen, and some times a shipping with less people shipping it can happen. It really doesn't depend on how many people ship it since it would be impossible to count how many people ship it. It is pretty much true that Seddie has more shippers, no offense.

I do agree some Seddie fans can go too far, but not ALL of us. Some Seddie fans wouldn't attack Dan and wouldn't threaten to commit suicide because of Creddie. We can get insane about it, but basically every shipping has people go insane about it, I've seen some Creddie fans go insane before(not really much here on tv.com but on other places.) I admit I really like Seddie and want it to happen but I find it interesting if they give each shipping some hints. I do think iSpeed Date might have some Creddie but I still have some doubts about the kiss.

I'm not saying all of you, but I was watching a Creddie video on Youtube, and some of the comments were sick. People saying there going to hurt themselves, send hate mail to Dan etc. "TheSchwab" -- your the one saying "the ship that shall not be named." No offense, but thats really sad. There not real characters, just made up from a writer.

taillow22

[9]Aug 22, 2009
    Another thread turned into a shipping war... though, this time, a month before the episode actually aired.

monet200

[10]Aug 22, 2009
    • level: 1
    WHAT?! I have never known ANY seddiers you to be like 'Oh, if the kiss happens, I will hurt/ kill myself, or never watch the show again.' MOST seddiers are happy for the kiss, becuase maybe then Freddie will see him and Carly AREN'T meant to be. And the whole thing will you guys never wanting to come online because you might get flamed out by Seddiers is crap. If anything, Seddiers get flamed by Creddiers! And the reason Dan probably doesn't make Creddie episodes like that is because you guys totally get angry everytime he post a Seddie pic, or makes a Seddie scene. And there ARE wayyyyyyy more Seddiers then Creddiers. I mean, we have a site to prove it . And another thing, we had to hear you guys whine and moan about the Seddie kiss. We haven't ONCE complained to Dan about the pic. So yeah. Don't hate on the Seddie.

SkyeNite

[11]Aug 22, 2009
    • level: 8
    TheSchwab wrote:

I still can't believe some of you are using the excuse "They just don't post online". lol. Seriously that's plain denial on your part. There are clearly way more Seddie supporters than The ship that shall not be named. By you saying "They just don't post" is really just a delusion on the ship that shall not be named fan's part. They tell themselves that to make them feel better. "There are just as many TSTSNBN fans as Seddie fans. They just don't make themselves known". That's so denial. Anyway i don't expect any shippy moments in this episode or in iThink They Kissed. I mean when Dan posted that infamous Picuture he said it "MIGHT or MIGHT NOT" happen and then he said "The LAST thing that picture should do is Upset seddie fans. trust me. You have to think outside the iBox".

Seriously, can you PLEASE stop with all the "ship that shall not be named" crap. Not only is it being EXTREMELY rude to the Creddie fans but its just plain annoying to read whether your Creddie, Seddie, or neither. Creddie fans exist. Deal with it. They are real people just like you an me and when you insult, not just ship but the shippers themselves, well... thats just plain rude.
    monet200 wrote:
    WHAT?! I have never known ANY seddiers you to be like 'Oh, if the kiss happens, I will hurt/ kill myself, or never watch the show again.' MOST seddiers are happy for the kiss, becuase maybe then Freddie will see him and Carly AREN'T meant to be. And the whole thing will you guys never wanting to come online because you might get flamed out by Seddiers is crap. If anything, Seddiers get flamed by Creddiers! And the reason Dan probably doesn't make Creddie episodes like that is because you guys totally get angry everytime he post a Seddie pic, or makes a Seddie scene. And there ARE wayyyyyyy more Seddiers then Creddiers. I mean, we have a site to prove it . And another thing, we had to hear you guys whine and moan about the Seddie kiss. We haven't ONCE complained to Dan about the pic. So yeah. Don't hate on the Seddie.

Disagree:

Fact is, I have seen many Seddie shippers get out of hand and make rediculas comments about Creddie happening. Although you are right to say that Creddiers have done the same to us, because they have. Not as much and not (always) as intense, but they have. Though sometimes I enjoy conversing with creddiers as long as they're the civil kind, which it seems a lot of them are. Though they kinda seem to be getting more irritable lately, not that I can blame them. Stakes have seemed higher since Dan came on.

katywishing100

[12]Aug 22, 2009
    monet200 wrote:

Yea... I said I saw the comments on a Creddie video, I don't remember saying that all of you are that crazy, lol. If you check the "iKiss" episode discussion, there wasn't any "whining and moaning" from the creddie shippers, I thought it was cute, and the episode is one of my favorites. Also "we" don't get "totally angry" everytime theres a Seddie picture, mostly because there put up just to please you guys.

Wow I quoted alot of words.

monet200

[13]Aug 22, 2009
    • level: 1
    This might be true and I know alot of fans of Creddie who are really nice, but there are alot of Creddie shippers who are rude and give Creddie a bad name and it's hard to get past that. Not saying all Creddie shippers are like that, just like I know there are some bad Seddie shippers. I'm just saying most Creddie shippers tend to flame Seddie pic and hate iKiss, and start rude wars on Twitter. And when Seddie fans say The-Ship-That-Shall-Not-Be-Named, we're joking. It's a play on Harry Potter because Ron and Hermonie got together and the bicker and fought alot, and well, Some Creddie fans can be evil, so the whole Voldemort thing is kinda used there, but it's not meant to offend anyone. It's an inside joke, and your right, it does get mean when people use it out of context to insult when it was never meant to be used like that. But it also gets rude when people come on our site and boards and flame us. So you have to understand Seddie fans are a little bitter from the vast amount of rude Creddie shippers and it gets hard to see the nice ones.

TheSchwab

[14]Aug 22, 2009
    I disagree skyenight. I have done nothing wrong. I have just stated fact. THere are way more seddie shippers than the other shippers. You can't point to imaginary people and count them for yourside. You can't say...well they just don't post. what a cop out.

Also i can call them the ship that shall not be named if i damn well please.

Also who in there right mind would sit and read youtube comments? I sure as hell don't. People making a big deal about rude comments on youtube need to stop reading them. I don't read them.

There are way more rude the ship that shall not be named shippers. It's funny when i posted a concern of mine about a month ago on Groovy Smoothie about why it seems that freddie considers sam a close friend but sam doesnt seem to acknowledge feddie as one. You had a ship that shall not be named shipper state "It's because Sam and Freddie hate each other. They will always hate each other." And then Dan made the comment that basically said you have to be stupid to think they hate each other. I loved it. Dan flat out owned that shipper for the ship that shall not be named. So im sorry skyenight...i have to disagree with your post.

katywishing100

[15]Aug 22, 2009
    TheSchwab wrote:
    I disagree skyenight. I have done nothing wrong. I have just stated fact. THere are way more seddie shippers than the other shippers. You can't point to imaginary people and count them for yourside. You can't say...well they just don't post. what a cop out.

Also who in there right mind would sit and read youtube comments? I sure as hell don't. People making a big deal about rude comments on youtube need to stop reading them. I don't read them.

There are way more rude the ship that shall not be named shippers. It's funny when i posted a concern of mine about a month ago on Groovy Smoothie about why it seems that freddie considers sam a close friend but sam doesnt seem to acknowledge feddie as one. You had a ship that shall not be named shipper state "It's because Sam and Freddie hate each other. They will always hate each other." And then Dan made the comment that basically said you have to be stupid to think they hate each other. I loved it. Dan flat out owned that shipper for the ship that shall not be named. So im sorry skyenight...i have to disagree with your post.

I think you get way to worked up about a TV show.

thefbm

[16]Aug 22, 2009
    • level: 3
    wow, this is turning into a shipping war... well i'll throw in my two cents worth of info on this episode,anyway, so i heard that Sam is supposedly taking Gibby to this dance.I don't remember where i heard that but that would be down right hilarious if that was true!I'll be praying for you Gibson! poor Gibby;he better keep a supply of fakecakes on him if he wants to survival that date.

sockstar

[17]Aug 22, 2009
    Rude Creddie shippers? Please, can you show me some evidence?

They aren't the ones going around and:

* Calling Creddie, a "ship that shall not be named" on forums that aren't the seddie forums, where any "injoke" status is completely lost.
    * Bashing Miranda.
    * Voting down Creddie videos and comments on youtube.
    * Saying they won't watch the show if they do any Creddie interaction.
    * Saying they will hurt themselves if Seddie doesn't happen.

I haven't seen any Creddie fan doing things like that (except maybe on youtube commenting).

Creddie fans don't bother Seddie because they all know Seddie will happen in the end, have become used to Creddie being phased out of the show (there have been 5 or 6 Seddie episodes, and no Creddie episodes), but are still happy to keep watching the show itself.

The Seddie fans need to chillax and take it breezy (especially for season 3, which is already filmed and doesn't contain much shipping on either side unless they bust out a hidden episode no-one knows about), as it will happen eventually probably in season 4 when it's filmed next year, and it would be nice if they didn't feel the need to bash Creddie at the same time, as Creddie already know it's not gonna happen.

sockstar

[18]Aug 22, 2009
    And to add something about the episode itself.

The dance is a "Girls invite Guys" dance. Sam gets rejected by Gibby.

SkyeNite

[19]Aug 22, 2009
    TheSchwab wrote:

hahaha, the only thing you disagreed with me about was the rudeness of using that "ship that shall not be named" thing on a NEUTRAL discussion. Are you trying to make ppl PO'd? News flash I AM A SEDDIE SHIPPER (note the icon), But I still respect other shippers we are all fans of the show and though it might be fun to use jokes like that on our own discussions and forums its just plain rude to do it on others. Its like your trying to push the other shippers out of the discussion all together. Yah, I believe Seddie will be end game too. ANd I really REALLY hope I'm right. But I still find it fun to converse with other shippers, it helps me to come up with new theroies and kinda challenges my brain in ways, so to have someone like you come in and insult them and turn this DISCUSSION into a war or, at the very least an argument, is kinda EXTEMELY annoying. If your going to be on a NEUTRAL discussion LEARN TO TREAT THE OTHER SHIP WITH RESPECT. Which your obviously cabable of doing since some of your post would be fine if it wasn't for the STSNBN crap. And plus, its just really really REALLY annoying to read.

SkyeNite

[20]Aug 22, 2009
    sockstar wrote:
    Rude Creddie shippers? Please, can you show me some evidence?

They aren't the ones going around and:

* Calling Creddie, a "ship that shall not be named" on forums that aren't the seddie forums, where any "injoke" status is completely lost.
    * Bashing Miranda.
    * Voting down Creddie videos and comments on youtube.
    * Saying they won't watch the show if they do any Creddie interaction.
    * Saying they will hurt themselves if Seddie doesn't happen.

I haven't seen any Creddie fan doing things like that (except maybe on youtube commenting).

Creddie fans don't bother Seddie because they all know Seddie will happen in the end, have become used to Creddie being phased out of the show (there have been 5 or 6 Seddie episodes, and no Creddie episodes), but are still happy to keep watching the show itself.

The Seddie fans need to chillax and take it breezy (especially for season 3, which is already filmed and doesn't contain much shipping on either side unless they bust out a hidden episode no-one knows about), as it will happen eventually probably in season 4 when it's filmed next year, and it would be nice if they didn't feel the need to bash Creddie at the same time, as Creddie already know it's not gonna happen.

I kinda agree, there are alot more Creddie bashers then Seddie bashers and the one that bash Creddie bash it HARD, although a VERY small amout of Creddie shippers DO Bash Seddie hard to, but thats like litterally a handful of Seddie bashers. And at this point can i just say to my fellow seddie shippers, STOP BASHING MIRANDA. I like Miranda, i like Carly. Miranda is a great actress and Carly is a great character, just because you don't want Carly to end up with Freddie is no reason to bash either. chilax peeps its JUST A SHOW. No need to be all haty. Its not like this is real life and Carly/Miranda is stealing your BFF's BF or something. Of cours I realize alot of those who read this are like me with this subject but for thoughs that feel the need to bash. Please, just stop being so petty.