We're moving Forums to the Community pages. Click here for more information and updates.

iCarly Forums

Nickelodeon (ended 2012)

Official 'iSpeed Date' Discussion

TheSchwab

[121]Sep 24, 2009
    • level: 11

I don't know why it shocks people that some people only watch the show for one reason. I mean what's wrong with that? People watch different shows for a varity of reasons. I happen to enjoy watching the show the most because of the Sam and Freddie interaction.

That's just so wrong for me to do.

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

DPluver2012

[122]Sep 24, 2009
    GloryxxAngel wrote:
    ^^ I'm certainly not, but some people on here have admitted watching the show only because of Seddie
    idk bout you guys but ever since dan started getting on twitter and stuff and interacting with the fans....the episodes have been sorta lame ...theyre still great but not as good as they used to be.it will make me lmao still but not as hard as i used to and im certaintly not here for the relationship...sure i care ,but its about comedy and i luv it
    Edited on 09/24/2009 12:24pm

GloryxxAngel

[123]Sep 24, 2009
    • level: 4
    TheSchwab wrote:

I don't know why it shocks people that some people only watch the show for one reason. I mean what's wrong with that? People watch different shows for a varity of reasons. I happen to enjoy watching the show the most because of the Sam and Freddie interaction.

That's just so wrong for me to do.

I'll ignore the fact your older and watch the show because of a 15-16 year old couple. Seriously, I don't have a problem with you, and I wasn't singling you out. We all enjoy the show for our own reasons, and I don't really care what other peoples reasons are.

TheSchwab

[124]Sep 24, 2009
    I don't have a problem with you either. I just disagree on the age issue. Dan posted the other day that a lot of older people enjoy the show. I like the comedy as well. I like a lot of things in the show besides Sam and Freddie. It's just that the Sam and Freddie interaction is what keeps me watching.

katywishing100

[125]Sep 24, 2009
    • level: 15
    I don't think it bothers her because your older and watch the show, its more that you have pictures of underage teenagers kissing on your profile which is a little freaky. Not much, if any, college kids (I'm not sure if your out of college yet) have pictures like that. But lets just enjoy this episode, and see how it is.

Obiwan456

[126]Sep 24, 2009
    • level: 12
    I really don't care much. It's always been about the comedy for me. I don't want some teen drama show, I want iCarly!

TheSchwab

[127]Sep 24, 2009
    I'm 23. I just graduated in May. I like a lot of tv shows and tv couples. I never used to watch shows on Nick or Disney till I was 20. I have really only been a fan of three shows on these networks. Phil Of The Future where i ship Phil/Keely, Kim Possible where i ship Kim/Ron, and iCarly where i ship Sam/Freddie. All the other shows I watch where i ship couples are not on these two channels. So while not a lot of people that i went to college understood why I liked and was obsessed with some of the couples i was....nobody ever made fun of me about it. For a couple assignment last year i played clips from Kim Possible. So obviously I am not afraid of a little ridicule if same came my way. None ever did though. Behind my back? I don't really care if it did. I got my diploma. That's why i went to college. People are more likely to be successful in live with college degrees and I wanted to at least have that oppourtunity. when i bring up my degrees it's not because i'm bragging. I only bring them up when people say things like how stupid and immature and such on these boards. A stupid and immature person would not have been able to graduate college. People may not like my views. That's fine. People can say i take my ships way too seriously. That's fine as well. But just because our views different and i take my ships real seriously doesnt mean im immature.

Uranium_OJ

[128]Sep 24, 2009
    • level: 6

DPluver2012 wrote:
    GloryxxAngel wrote:
    ^^ I'm certainly not, but some people on here have admitted watching the show only because of Seddie
    idk bout you guys but ever since dan started getting on twitter and stuff and interacting with the fans....the episodes have been sorta lame ...theyre still great but not as good as they used to be.it will make me lmao still but not as hard as i used to and im certaintly not here for the relationship...sure i care ,but its about comedy and i luv it

You're so right about the eppys nowadays. They're funny, but not as funny as the ones in S1 or the first part of S2. I mean, I was just watching iHate Sam's Boyfriend, and it is laugh-out-loud funny. I was laughing all the way through. The newer ones, like iGive away a car or even iCook, had me laughing a little, but not that much.

I mean, it's a radical thought, but if the comedy's going to continue going downhill, then might as well watch it for the shipping, at the least.

And, I'm not taking Schwab's side, but you guys can't really call him weird or freaky for liking iCarly at 23. I mean, if I was 23, and if iCarly was still running (which it probably won't be, but still), I personally wouldn't stop watching it just because I was "too old." Would you? Well, I wouldn't be obsessed with it (I'm not exactly obsessed now either; guess it depends on the person).

Edited on 09/24/2009 4:59pm

iCarlyFan101

[129]Sep 24, 2009
    • level: 3

To The-poster-who-shall-not-be-named - stupid and immature people graduate from college everyday.

I'm just saying...

TheSchwab

[130]Sep 24, 2009

WRONG!

People don't graduate from college every day. There are certain times of the year people graduate from college.

Edited on 09/24/2009 6:13pm

iCarlyFan101

[131]Sep 24, 2009
    • level: 3

That depends. Some places have special programs and can technically "graduate" at any given point. Formal graduation takes place only certain times of the year.

But, if you want to be right then - fine by me. Stupid and immature people do graduate from college at certain times of the year.

Edited on 09/24/2009 6:20pm

katywishing100

[132]Sep 24, 2009
    Uranium_OJ wrote:

DPluver2012 wrote:
    GloryxxAngel wrote:

You're so right about the eppys nowadays. They're funny, but not as funny as the ones in S1 or the first part of S2. I mean, I was just watching iHate Sam's Boyfriend, and it is laugh-out-loud funny. I was laughing all the way through. The newer ones, like iGive away a car or even iCook, had me laughing a little, but not that much.

I mean, it's a radical thought, but if the comedy's going to continue going downhill, then might as well watch it for the shipping, at the least.

And, I'm not taking Schwab's side, but you guys can't really call him weird or freaky for liking iCarly at 23. I mean, if I was 23, and if iCarly was still running (which it probably won't be, but still), I personally wouldn't stop watching it just because I was "too old." Would you? Well, I wouldn't be obsessed with it (I'm not exactly obsessed now either; guess it depends on the person).

Again, no one could care less how old he is. So what if hes 23? I'm sure theres people older than that who watch the show. Altough if your 35+ and watching iCarly regulary, something may be wrong with you there. It's more how obsessed he is with the couple. I asked my 21 yr old brother what he thought about TheSchwab, and well, he said, theres no way you sound 23, cause what guy would rather watch iCarly then sports. Hey if you played Kim Possible in college, thats fine, but its kinda weird and a little sad, to be honest. I don't know you, so I don't know if you only watch Nick, but I hope you watch some mature stuff too. Also, thats great that you graduated from college, but, quite honestly, I have never heard of nor talked to anyone as old as you, with a picture of underage kids kissing, I guess thats what bothers me the most. I'm 15, and it would freak me out if someone older than 21 had a picture of me or other kids my age kissing. Idk, maybe it only bothers me. Also, no one really ever had a problem with TheSchwab till he posted something about the ship that won't be named or something immauture like that. And saying the ship disgusts him, made him sound rude and younger than he is. But, I'm over it, and I'm not going to comment on him anymore. Lets all be happy and watch iCarly.

DPluver2012

[133]Sep 24, 2009
    when i am older im always gonna watch cartoons they make u think of the memories u once had watching other cartoons nd dude im never gonna forget avatar tla because the ending made me cry!!! i have to say that was a sad cry about the series ending and a happy cry that kataang happened...lol everyone at DBF ( dongbufeng.net) was on skype after the movie and we were all bawling thats why i will never stop watching cartoons ...just too many memories i dont want to forget and u always have to feel like a kid at least so you think ur not getting old xD

garnergeek

[134]Sep 25, 2009
    • level: 14

i'm 18 and i don't think being 23 and shipping teens matters, i don't see it as "creepy" i think you can watch any show you want at any age. i can see being like 40 and shipping 15 16 year olds as werid but 23 no.

Just seems to me that this person is trying to relive his/her childhood. i do that all the time by watching shows/movies i used to watch as a kid, what's wrong with that?

yall really need to mind your own business if they wanna watch the show and ship they can. i really hate when people try to control what other people do, just worry about yourself

katywishing100

[135]Sep 26, 2009
    garnergeek wrote:

i'm 18 and i don't think being 23 and shipping teens matters, i don't see it as "creepy" i think you can watch any show you want at any age. i can see being like 40 and shipping 15 16 year olds as werid but 23 no.

Just seems to me that this person is trying to relive his/her childhood. i do that all the time by watching shows/movies i used to watch as a kid, what's wrong with that?

yall really need to mind your own business if they wanna watch the show and ship they can. i really hate when people try to control what other people do, just worry about yourself

Controlling him? lol, no one has ever said to him don't ship seddie. You shouldn't need to 'relive your childhood", let go of the past. When I'm 18+, I'm not going to be watching cartoons, and shows from the 90's so I can 'relive my childhood", I want to be out in the world, enjoying life. BTW, you said being a 40 yr old guy is weird shipping 15-16 year olds, try illegal. And I think any guy over 30 shipping any couple on a TV show is just plain sad.

shybaby13

[136]Sep 26, 2009
    I'm 15 and I still ove iCarly/Avatar/kim possible all sorts of shows. Since when does shipping couples when you're older make it weird? I'm pretty sure it's not illeagal for older people to wish that two younger people would get together, Ever heard of mothers/fathers hoping their kids would get into a relationship with someone they trust instead of someone they don't? I think it's oerfectly natural to watch a funny show on nick and hoping for a certain relationship. It;s really not necessary to alineate other fans because of their age.
    Anyway, I just read the fun facts. THis episode looks like it will be good!

katywishing100

[137]Sep 26, 2009
    shybaby13 wrote:
    I'm 15 and I still ove iCarly/Avatar/kim possible all sorts of shows. Since when does shipping couples when you're older make it weird? I'm pretty sure it's not illeagal for older people to wish that two younger people would get together, Ever heard of mothers/fathers hoping their kids would get into a relationship with someone they trust instead of someone they don't? I think it's oerfectly natural to watch a funny show on nick and hoping for a certain relationship. It;s really not necessary to alineate other fans because of their age.

I'm 15 too and I like iCarly. No ones understanding that I don't really care what your ages are, even though people keep telling me. Can you actually picture a mother/father watching iCarly and saying, "Seddie/Creddie has to be together!", and keeping pictures of them kissing all over their computer. Uh, yea it is illegal for a old man to keep pictures of teenagers making-out on his computer, what would you say to the police/anyone if they happened to catch the pics on your computer?

shybaby13

[138]Sep 26, 2009
    It is not illeagal it's not like it's naughty pictures or something. I have never heard that it's illeagal for people to keep pictures of people kissing on their computer.
    Edited on 09/26/2009 12:49pm

Uranium_OJ

[139]Sep 26, 2009
    • level: 6

katywishing100 wrote:
    shybaby13 wrote:
    I'm 15 too and I like iCarly. No ones understanding that I don't really care what your ages are, even though people keep telling me. Can you actually picture a mother/father watching iCarly and saying, "Seddie/Creddie has to be together!", and keeping pictures of them kissing all over their computer. Uh, yea it is illegal for a old man to keep pictures of teenagers making-out on his computer, what would you say to the police/anyone if they happened to catch the pics on your computer?

Sweetie, you're contradicting yourself. You're saying that you don't care about how old he is, but you do, because you explain in your post that people older than seddie cannot ship them, therefore attacking him on the basis of age. It's NOT illegal to keep pics of TV characters kissing on your computer, no matter how young or old they are, because, mind you, they're TV CHARACTERS.

And, maybe YOU don't consider it the same thing, but people older and YOUNGER than Brennan and Booth (from Bones), ship the couple, too (although, they may or may not call it "shipping"). So then why can't people older than Sam and Freddie ship them, as well? And, maybe you are going to stop watching shows like icarly when you're older, but I'm not. So aren't a LOT of people. Because some people don't consider age as a reason to not watch a TV show. Now some older people may see a show as "immature" in their opinion, and that's why they don't watch it, but NOT because of their age.

I know that Schwab can be immature or rude, but you shouldn't attack him on the basis of age or ask him questions like "why are you shipping a couple 9 years younger than you?", because those things don't matter. Now, the fact he's acting immature for his age, you CAN attack him on, in my opinion.

Now, I'm not trying to be mean, okay? I'm really sorry if you feel that way. I understand that it may seem weird to you that a college guy watches iCarly; in fact, (having older brothers, myself), I find it surprising too, but everyone's different.

Edited on 09/26/2009 2:18pm
    Edited 2 total times.

TheSchwab

[140]Sep 26, 2009
    Well dan posted the fun facts a while ago. Said there should be moments that everybody will like tonight.