We're moving Forums to the Community pages. Click here for more information and updates.

iCarly Forums

Nickelodeon (ended 2012)

Official 'iSpeed Date' Discussion

Checkpoint24

[301]Oct 17, 2009
    • level: 3

Eh, the arguement that Sam picks on Freddie to express her feelings toward him doesn't put any water in my pool. She beats on pretty much every other kid at school, thats just the way she is. She's "naturally vicious."

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

aamilne

[302]Oct 18, 2009
    • level: 6
    Checkpoint24 wrote:

Eh, the arguement that Sam picks on Freddie to express her feelings toward him doesn't put any water in my pool. She beats on pretty much every other kid at school, thats just the way she is. She's "naturally vicious."

I agree that she is naturally vicious, and that she is going to beat up on anybody who annoys her. However, I still think that Freddie is a special case. She teases him all the time. In the episode "iKiss", the final scene with Freddie & Sam is revealing. She sincerely apologizes, but when Freddie asks if she is going to stop tormenting him, she smiles and says no, she is still going to mess with him. So, I think she really enjoys tormenting Freddie, much more so than the other boys.

I don't insist on this, and I can see that others will interpret the Freddie & Sam scenes differently. I think Dan has succeeded in confusing many fans, LOL. If Dan wants people to know how Sam really feels about Freddie, we need some more shippy episodes! I thought that Sam's reaction at the end of 'iSpeed Date' was clearly to show us viewers that Sam likes Freddie, but many people don't see it that way. If that doesn't convince people, the only thing that will do it is Sam kissing Freddie and clearly enjoying it. Lt. Dan, I think we need more kissing!!

Checkpoint24

[303]Oct 18, 2009
    • level: 3
    aamilne wrote:
    Checkpoint24 wrote:

I agree that she is naturally vicious, and that she is going to beat up on anybody who annoys her. However, I still think that Freddie is a special case. She teases him all the time. In the episode "iKiss", the final scene with Freddie & Sam is revealing. She sincerely apologizes, but when Freddie asks if she is going to stop tormenting him, she smiles and says no, she is still going to mess with him. So, I think she really enjoys tormenting Freddie, much more so than the other boys.

I don't insist on this, and I can see that others will interpret the Freddie & Sam scenes differently. I think Dan has succeeded in confusing many fans, LOL. If Dan wants people to know how Sam really feels about Freddie, we need some more shippy episodes! I thought that Sam's reaction at the end of 'iSpeed Date' was clearly to show us viewers that Sam likes Freddie, but many people don't see it that way. If that doesn't convince people, the only thing that will do it is Sam kissing Freddie and clearly enjoying it. Lt. Dan, I think we need more kissing!!

I see where you're coming from, but that just isn't enough to prove thats what Sam feels. I think if anything in the whole icarly series leans toward seddie, it's the kiss between them. I wouldn't think they would kiss each other if they actually hated each other. Infact I know I wouldn't kiss anyone unless I had a genuine crush on them. (Oh God I just realized I'm arguing seddie's cause...) BUT that's the only thing that I could see as being concluded as a seddie moment.

I'll bet Dan won't give us any hardcore shippy episodes until maybe the end of the last season. He wouldn't want to give anything away too early because then the series would lose some of the suspense. (Although IMO he already has kinda given it away because of his blog thing).

Uranium_OJ

[304]Oct 20, 2009
    • level: 6
    Does anyone wonder WHY Freddie even had a bag of bacon ready to be given to Sam? You think he just had some lying around? Hmm...

MusicAddictBabe

[305]Oct 20, 2009
    • level: 18

Uranium_OJ wrote:
    Does anyone wonder WHY Freddie even had a bag of bacon ready to be given to Sam? You think he just had some lying around? Hmm...

Yeah. I can understand maybe that he had maybe had it for lunch or something (idk). But what I think is ironic is that he just gladly reveals and offers it to Sam. Cute!

As for the above convo, I have to say that, I think the end kind of is a little hint on the whole Sam liking Freddie (at least) idea. But it's because of the way she looks that says that. Yeah, I do believe everyone has their own interpretations, however, what I got out of it was a.) that she could've been feeling left out, b.) she likes Freddie and feels a little betrayed that he's with Carly, and c.) that she feels like she keeps getting rejected by "dorks" therefore she doesn't have a chance. Do I believe in all of those? No. But that's how I think that maybe some people could interpret it as. (Thus...I am off-topic ^^;.)

I honestly don't think I'd even kiss a guy FRIEND unless I had a little crush on him (like I'd be willing). I can think of plenty of guys I'm friends with and not one of them can I even imagine kissing...too weird. And since Sam and Freddie are technically friends (at the most), kissing is probably a major Seddie event (well, obviously, I guess but I do mean major). I mean, if they were any less of friends, that would still be..hmmmmm....questioning (and to their dismay, if someone like Carly were to argue with them on that like she does sometimes about how they 'care about each other' and they said that they weren't friends, if she brought that up, I think that would mess with their minds lol). Course, this is just a show. I think I'm thinking too much about this lol.