We're moving Forums to the Community pages. Click here for more information and updates.

iCarly Forums

Nickelodeon (ended 2012)

Official 'iSpeed Date' Discussion

TheSchwab

[61]Aug 23, 2009
    • level: 11
    You make a lot of great points sockstar. I never thought that it could be a promo fro the webshow that let's people know they are doing speed dating. Because really outside of dan's comments we don't have much on this episode. The description doesnt scream shippy episode. Not that it necessarily has to do that for it to be a shippy episode but for iKissed it was leaked like a month before that Sam and Freddie kissed. You would think that if there was a real kiss it would be spoiled by one of those tween magazenes by now. Instead there was a nathan teaching miranda how to dance for an upcoming episode.

So some think that maybe carly and freddie dance in this episode. That could be. It is a dance. If thats the case then fans of carly and freddie can be happy they got that and fans of sam and freddie can be happy that carly and freddie didnt kiss. That said i still like my theory of them all ending up at the dance together as friends. I could see things happening were for various reasons each of there dates don't work out. Who really knows. You make some great points sockstar. I think i can say one thing for sure though...It's not going to be as drama filled as we all probably have imagined in our heads. lol.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

DPluver2012

[62]Aug 24, 2009
    sockstar wrote:
    Carly being the one thinking about kissing Freddie is so far out of the box it's in another country. That would just be insane. If it is though, then he's really got the "MIGHT or MIGHT NOT indicate what you think it indicates" thing right.

I don't think it's gonna happen that way though. I believe the most likely scenarios are:

Freddie fantasy.
    Freddie dream.
    Some kind of iCarly webshow promo for the speed dating.

The whole thing surrounding it, with the other dude, dan's comments, it smacks of a curveball.

The show normally doesn't use many tricks, but when the guy in charge is saying it might not be what it seems, does anyone blame people for thinking it's not legit?

yeah but he said think outside of the ibox and thats what i was thinkin would be awesome lol

DPluver2012

[63]Aug 24, 2009
    TheSchwab wrote:
    You make a lot of great points sockstar. I never thought that it could be a promo fro the webshow that let's people know they are doing speed dating. Because really outside of dan's comments we don't have much on this episode. The description doesnt scream shippy episode. Not that it necessarily has to do that for it to be a shippy episode but for iKissed it was leaked like a month before that Sam and Freddie kissed. You would think that if there was a real kiss it would be spoiled by one of those tween magazenes by now. Instead there was a nathan teaching miranda how to dance for an upcoming episode.

So some think that maybe carly and freddie dance in this episode. That could be. It is a dance. If thats the case then fans of carly and freddie can be happy they got that and fans of sam and freddie can be happy that carly and freddie didnt kiss. That said i still like my theory of them all ending up at the dance together as friends. I could see things happening were for various reasons each of there dates don't work out. Who really knows. You make some great points sockstar. I think i can say one thing for sure though...It's not going to be as drama filled as we all probably have imagined in our heads. lol.

i could live without them kissing...dancing is good for them haha

TheSchwab

[64]Aug 24, 2009
    But as i have told others iCarly can be so random sometimes that the dancing scene could be in an episode you would least expect it to be. It might not be in this episode. It just seems likely because it is a dance. But it seems the plots are going to be leading up to the dance. So we only may get one or two scenes at the dance. The lead up to it appears to be Carly, Sam, and Freddies plot line.

taillow22

[65]Aug 24, 2009
    HaydenAvery wrote:
    yea im gullibe for not believing. get a dictioary. seriously the kss must be real though.

Obviously they mean that you not believing anything you read makes it easy for you to be misinformed, even though no one is even trying to misinform you. Does... does that make sense?

Uranium_OJ

[66]Aug 24, 2009
    • level: 6
    Oh my God. Shippers need to RELAX. I came to this thread to see new information on this episode and what got thrown in my face was 3 pages of what seemed like a never-ending shipping war. Honestly, today I'm almost ashamed to call myself a Seddie fan.
    If it's true that Seddie fans are acting this ridiculously on the internet (i.e. threatening to kill themselves or stop watching the show if there were even hints of Creddie), I've lost a lot of the respect I've had for the Seddie community. People need to learn to be a little more civil here.
    However, I would really like to say that it was truly refreshing to see ycc1988's post. You're my hero, ycc1988! In regards to the episode: I'm going to say that I DO wish the kiss would happen in this episode. A REAL kiss, not a crappy dream sequence. Now, I'm saying this as a fan of iCarly, NOT as a fan of any particular ship.

For the show to have any kind of growth, this kiss would be crucial in my opinion. As a die-hard fan of seddie, I feel the Creddie kiss needs to happen in order to open more doors for seddie. Because right now, things are going pretty slow.

1MMfan

[67]Aug 24, 2009
    • level: 16
    Yeah true. A fantasy would be a repeat of iDream of Dance, and would show that Freddie still won't give up Carly. That ruins Seddie and Creddie as well. It would mean Creddie still hasn't had a kiss. A kiss would tell us if Freddie and Carly feel any thing. Much as I love Seddie, we need to give Creddie a chance. Whether it happens or not, we still need episodes for both sides to tell which is going to happen.

TheSchwab

[68]Aug 24, 2009

You don't need a kiss to do that though. It doesnt have to happen to open doors for seddie. Shoot i have gotten over girls before without being kissed by them. lol. None of us deserve anything. Dan will make the show he wants to make. He doesnt sit around going... "I gave seddie fans this and this so i have to give creddie fans that and that."

Rather it happens or not it's not going to be done to be fair to anybody or to give it a chance or anything like that. It will be because thats what dan wanted to do. I don't think he sits around thinking he has to be fair to everybody. lol.

I'm sorry but WE don't need to give it a chance as Seddie fans. We like the show for the reasons we do. So whatever happens it's because dan planed it that way. It wont be done to be fair. AS i Seddie fan I pass on anything to do with that other ship. There are no requirements to watching a show. lol.

Edited on 08/24/2009 7:24pm

Uranium_OJ

[69]Aug 24, 2009
    TheSchwab wrote:

You don't need a kiss to do that though. It doesnt have to happen to open doors for seddie. Shoot i have gotten over girls before without being kissed by them. lol. None of us deserve anything. Dan will make the show he wants to make. He doesnt sit around going... "I gave seddie fans this and this so i have to give creddie fans that and that."

Rather it happens or not it's not going to be done to be fair to anybody or to give it a chance or anything like that. It will be because thats what dan wanted to do. I don't think he sits around thinking he has to be fair to everybody. lol.

I'm sorry but WE don't need to give it a chance as Seddie fans. We like the show for the reasons we do. So whatever happens it's because dan planed it that way. It wont be done to be fair. AS i Seddie fan I pass on anything to do with that other ship. There are no requirements to watching a show. lol.

First off, you may get over girls that easily, but you're probably not like Freddie. Freddie is the kind of boy that will only give up when he realizes that he doesn't feel anything anymore. He still thinks he does, mind you. A kiss HAS to happen so Freddie can realize that he TRULY doesn't have feelings for Carly. He'll hopefully realize that he doesn't really love her. And, as a shipper of ships that never happened on-screen, I think we should give at least a kiss to the Creddie fans. If you don't like that, don't watch the episode in which the "ship that shall not be named " has a kiss in.

TheSchwab

[70]Aug 24, 2009
    Honestly it may happen but you have to understand that if it does it's not because Dan felt like it's only right to give them a kiss to. A TV show is ART. Dan as an artist would not make something happen because he felt a certain portion of the fanbase deserved it. It's fine if you as a fan of the show think Dan should give them at least kiss but I don't believe Dan thinks like that. "Oh I have to be nice and give them a kiss". If it happens it happens for a reason, it doesnt just happen because he thinks they deserve one. It fits the storyline he is going for.

DPluver2012

[71]Aug 25, 2009
    TheSchwab wrote:

i didnt know u were a dude! lol

TheSchwab

[72]Aug 25, 2009
    lol. anyway i hope you guys maybe understand what im trying to say. I just think whatever dan does is because it's what he wants. It's not to be fair. thats all.

sockstar

[73]Aug 25, 2009
    • level: 12
    Yeah, in Kim Possible they knew what was going to happen with Kim/Ron when they started (at least that's what they said), but there is no way in hell they planned the Drakken/Shego hookup at the end of Graduation.

Shego was supposed to be way more generic than the character turned out as (mainly due to the voice actor being really awesome and they built up the character from that with her sarcasm/mocking etc), so it's not quite right to put a blanket "they plan everything from the start".

There are lots of shows whey they intend to do something, only for it to end up completely different, an example being on Stargate Atlantis, they planned to have Teyla (sexy female warrior alien human character) be the love interest to Shepard (human man leader of the human military teams).

By season 2 they had instead built towards a Weir (female human in charge of the entire project) and Sheppard pairing, and eventually Teyla ended up being with some random guy no-one had ever heard of, and got pregnant to him.

Even though the pregnancy bit was more caused by the IRL actress of Telya being pregnant (and that will never happen on iCarly the show would be finished if something like that happened to Miranda, and probably even Jeanette, any other female like ms benson or whatever would just get written around), the actual intention was crushed before that had even happened.

I think Dan will chuck Seddie in because it will be much easier to write, even though I don't really see it at all, I very much see the love/hate style romance in Sonny with a Chance between Sonny/Chad, and even elements of Sonny/Tawni being a similar relationship (of course that will never happen either), but I don't see that with Seddie. I see them as friends, and friends who really care about each other but never admit it to anyone. But I don't see the passion/energy that the Chad/Sonny relationship has.

So in summary, they probably know where the end might be, or at least have an idea, but to say it's done and dusted might not be true.

HaydenAvery

[74]Aug 25, 2009
    • level: 21
    You ever think Dan wants to give us a Creddie kiss? cause he does! no one can honestly say they know seddies gonna hapen when the show still has two more seasons ahead!

TheSchwab

[75]Aug 25, 2009

HaydenAvery wrote:
    You ever think Dan wants to give us a Creddie kiss? cause he does!

Link?

If it happens it's not because dan wanted to give anybody anything. It's because it fit the storyline.

Uranium_OJ

[76]Aug 25, 2009
    TheSchwab wrote:
    Honestly it may happen but you have to understand that if it does it's not because Dan felt like it's only right to give them a kiss to. A TV show is ART. Dan as an artist would not make something happen because he felt a certain portion of the fanbase deserved it. It's fine if you as a fan of the show think Dan should give them at least kiss but I don't believe Dan thinks like that. "Oh I have to be nice and give them a kiss". If it happens it happens for a reason, it doesnt just happen because he thinks they deserve one. It fits the storyline he is going for.

I don't have to understand anything, Schwab. I know that Dan has already planned which direction he wants the show to go in. No matter how much begging anyone does. If you're familiar with the show Life with Derek, thousands upon thousands of people sent letters, wrote petitions to the writers and/or producers to make Dasey happen (derek and casey), but nobody listened. It goes to show that usually, the fans DON'T have an impact on the show's story (no matter how many fans). In very few, rare cases do the writers change their minds because of fans. Dan is NOT one of those few writers/producers, however. I understand that. All I'm saying is that *I* personally would be happy if he plans on taking the story to the next level with a Creddie kiss. If he does do the kiss, it WON'T be because he wants to "give it" to Creddie fans however, it's for the growth of the story, which I support.

TheSchwab

[77]Aug 25, 2009

You can't compare Sam/Freddie with Derek/Casey. Derek/Casey are siblings. It's incest. That is not a great example for the argument you are trying to make. Trust me. A better one would be Jackie/Hyde from T7S.

I have only had one ship that the majority of the fandom wanted and it did not end up canon (Jackie/Hyde from T7S) so i know being the most popular ship doesnt really mean anything. The creators of that show didnt listen either. The point is though the majority of time in my experience it does though. But i would never say it always means it will happen.

Edited on 08/25/2009 3:27pm
    Edited 2 total times.

Uranium_OJ

[78]Aug 25, 2009

Excuse me? First off, Derek and Casey are NOT siblings. They are step-siblings. They're not blood-related and NEVER saw each other as siblings, as they only met when they were both sixteen. I could've chosen another ship to provide as an example, but it doesn't matter. Although you may be, *I'm* not familiar with Jackie/Hyde.

Second of all, I NEVER compared Sam/Freddie or any other couple to Derek/Casey. I wasn't comparing couples. I was making a point about how fans don't influence a show's storyline in most cases. Basically, AGREEING WITH YOU in regards to Dan's decisions about the show. Something tells me that you don't read an entire post before replying to it, Schwab.

Edited on 08/25/2009 4:12pm
    Edited 2 total times.

laxchick15

[79]Aug 25, 2009
    • level: 1
    No Carly/Freddie kiss!! The show is great with Freddie having a weird crush/infatuation with Carly and him getting no action.

SkyeNite

[80]Aug 25, 2009
    • level: 8
    Uranium_OJ wrote:

Excuse me? First off, Derek and Casey are NOT siblings. They are step-siblings. They're not blood-related and NEVER saw each other as siblings, as they only met when they were both sixteen. I could've chosen another ship to provide as an example, but it doesn't matter. Although you may be, *I'm* not familiar with Jackie/Hyde.

Second of all, I NEVER compared Sam/Freddie or any other couple to Derek/Casey. I wasn't comparing couples. I was making a point about how fans don't influence a show's storyline in most cases. Basically, AGREEING WITH YOU in regards to Dan's decisions about the show. Something tells me that you don't read an entire post before replying to it, Schwab.

Though this is not a Life With Derek forum, i do feel the need to comment as to why the writers most likely didn't write Dasey in. First off even though they were only step-siblings they were still siblings, even if they didn't see eachother as brother and sister everyone else (their friends, their other sibilings and most importantly THEIR PARENTS) did see them as siblings. It would just be too weird. I see why people wanted Dasey to happen but honestly, if you had two friends that were step siblings and they started dating wouldn't you be at least a little creeped out at first? Sure, their friends might get over it, their other siblings might accept it, but their parents? do you really think they would let Casey have one of her boyfriends move into their house? Same with Derek, yet thats exactly what it would be like if they were dating. The only other way it would work without having the characters uncharactisticly accept the relationship is if their parents devorced or seperated. Then it wouldn't end up being nearly as wierd for any of the other characters but it would cause a lot of drama for a show thats supposed to be a comedy. So yah I have to agree that really isn't the best example for writes not listening to fans. I'm sure that if any other fandom for on pairing was that huge and did all of the same things that the Dasey people did the writers of a show wouldn't ignor them, at least not completely... crap... I really hope I didn't give any of the already insane seddie shippers any ideas... Point is popularity of a ship is probably not the deciding factor for the writers but I'm sure that they do consider it. To completely ignor a ship that is extremely popular with out good reasoning is just asking for ratings to slip. I mean alot of you will probably say that shipping doesn't matter and you would like the show reguardless but honestly, would you be AS excited for new eps if it wasn't for the shipping? I know that before I got heavily into seddie I would only watch iCarly if I was in the mood to watch TV and it was on. sure i loved the show then, but when I saw a commericail for a new ep I would just think "oh i'll have to try and remember to watch maybe" and then usually forget. shipping is a larger part of ratings then what most people think, I think.