We're moving Forums to the Community pages. Click here for more information and updates.

iCarly Forums

Nickelodeon (ended 2012)

Official 'iSpeed Date' Discussion

SkyeNite

[41]Aug 23, 2009
    • level: 8
    ycc1988 wrote:
    I'm a strong Seddie shipper. There are two scenarios I want: either Sam rings for time just before the kiss, or they do kiss but Freddie realizes he feels nothing.

I don't want it to be a fantasy sequence of Freddie. That's bad for the Seddie ship as it fails to show him getting over his puppy-dog crush for Carly, and bad for the Creddie ship who obviously want a real kiss.

If it were a fantasy of Carly, it would be weird. Why would she suddenly think of Freddie in that way? Even if it was, say, a nightmare in Carly's opinion, I don't see how to answer why she'd dream up the scenario in the first place.

About the shippers. I am going to be upset if Seddie doesn't happen. I might even lose a lot of respect for Dan. But Seddie or no Seddie, life in the real world goes on either way. If (I personally believe it's a matter of when but I'm trying to be neutral) Seddie happens, I'm certainly not going to go "In your face, Creddie fans!" Of course I'd celebrate, but not at the expense of others.

Perhaps Creddie fans are more silent, perhaps not. Despite that, I still think there are more Seddie shippers than Creddie, and therefore naturally more Seddie morons than Creddie morons. I definitely do not agree, however, that numbers make our ship greater. Does American Idol's viewership make it the best TV show ever? But I will not discuss what *does* make Seddie greater in my own mind, as I doubt there can be agreement on this issue.

I ignore Youtube comments, but I have heard from other places how people there bash Miranda just because they ship Seddie or Jennette just because they ship Creddie. That's just wrong. The actors are just trying to play their respective roles. If a character gets in the way of your favorite ship, how is it the actor's fault? As for the characters themselves, I can see both girls being supportive if the other ends up dating Freddie, even if Sam might not like to show it. And if they're OK with it, who are we to complain?

On the allegation that we Seddie shippers call just about anything a Seddie moment, I agree that I love all Seddie interaction, positive or negative. But obviously the moments showing Sam and Freddie growing a little closer make me smile just that little bit more widely. Why do I like the Seddie fighting as well? Because their denial of feelings for each other amuses me. It might not amuse others, or maybe you think that there's nothing to deny. But we don't belittle other people's opinions.

I highly doubt begging works on Dan. Stop flooding his Youtube videos, email and Twitter. I'm sure Dan has already decided the story he wants to tell and will arrive at whatever pairing he feels works better. Maybe you won't agree with his decision, but at least know that he would never chose a ship just to anger the fans of the other. He really has everything to lose in this situation, caught between us two ships, and we shouldn't make it any harder for him by acting like animals.

And "The Ship That Shall Not Be Named" isn't funny anymore. I blame whoever let the term leave the Seddie forum and invited all this backlash. Now I can't even use the term comfortably even in Seddie-only communites.

Agrees to the tenth power squared. I'm looking forward to the Creddie kiss and I deff think its real. I'm really intrested in seeing how exactly Carly is gonna go about telling Sam after it happens. Since she's supposed to be upset with Sam and Freddie for not telling her about their kiss. She would be pretty hypocritical to not tell Sam. I wonder how Sam will react? Though I guess it will depend on how the kiss works out, if Carly thinks she might have feelings for Freddie or if Freddie gets over Carly because of it. Though either way I'm sure she'll say something about Carly going temperarily insane or something like that. And either way will certainly make the show alot more interesting, as if it could be more interesting anyways, for me
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

DPluver2012

[42]Aug 23, 2009
    • level: 11
    TheSchwab wrote:
    Let me guess you doubt Dan's twitter is legit as well?

It's obvious it's Dan. You are the first person who i have heard doubts that it's really Dan.

I agree that this thread needs to be about the episode. It's my opinion that both this thread and the iThink They Kissed thread were started to soon. iThink They Kissed airs September 12th and this episode airs September 16th which is a month of so away. lol. All the speculation done in here about this episode has been speculated about at length before.

i believe his twitter is real

HaydenAvery

[43]Aug 23, 2009
    • level: 21
    however his tv.com account is fake. people here must be pretty gullible but im looking forward to the creddie kiss.

SkyeNite

[44]Aug 23, 2009
    HaydenAvery wrote:
    however his tv.com account is fake. people here must be pretty gullible but im looking forward to the creddie kiss.

Your one of the ppl that missed the I am the real Dan video aren't you? well he took it down, I'm assuming because people were starting to be mean to Andrea about it. But I saw it myself, with Miranda her self in the vid. It was Dan. There was no doubt about it. Also I'm pretty sure he mentioned being on Tv.com in his first post to LJ, but that I can't be positve of. he stoped using this because Twitter was easier for little updates and LJ was easier for big updates. But if you still don't beleive us you can always try asking dan yourself, don't know if he'll answer though. Better yet send a message to Andrea the mod (or former mod since she's never around anymore) here. I highly doubt that she'll deny it was him again.

TheSchwab

[45]Aug 23, 2009

I don't think the kiss is real because of Dan's comments. It's not me being in denial.

Dan said.... "It MIGHT or MIGHT NOT happen" and "The last think that pic should do is Upset seddie fans. Trust me. You have to think outside the iBox"

Not to mention the similar pic dan also posted. That's why i don't think it's real. Could it be? Yeah. But I think and hope it's fake. I mean in correndence with the production order iThink They Kissed is #227 and iSpeed Date is #230. I mean so soon after Carly finds out Sam and Freddie kissed Carly kisses Freddie or let's Freddie kiss her?

I don't think it will be a dream sequence. They have done that before.

It might not even be imagininary because of what dan said in his tweet with the infamous pic "It MIGHT or MIGHT NOT happen".

That's why i really have no idea if it's real or fake but by going by the above evidence i think it's fake or not there at all.

Edited on 08/23/2009 1:46pm

seddievscreddie

[46]Aug 23, 2009
    • level: 7
    HaydenAvery, you're being gullible. You're not believing people whatsoever. SykeNite, I agree with you 100%. I like both Seddie and Creddie. Why have people (both Seddie AND Creddie shippers) been so whiny lately?

DPluver2012

[47]Aug 23, 2009
    seddievscreddie wrote:
    HaydenAvery, you're being gullible. You're not believing people whatsoever. SykeNite, I agree with you 100%. I like both Seddie and Creddie. Why have people (both Seddie AND Creddie shippers) been so whiny lately?

if hayden is not believing people whatsoever,then how is hayden gullible? rofl

HaydenAvery

[48]Aug 23, 2009
    • level: 21
    yea im gullibe for not believing. get a dictioary. seriously the kss must be real though.

TheSchwab

[49]Aug 23, 2009
    It could be.

I would think the "MIGHT or MIGHT NOT" would cause at least a bit of hesitation on being that sure of it happening.

"MIGHT or MIGHT NOT" sounds like 50/50 to me. Then again you probably think Dan didnt say that which if you look on his twitter back when that pic was posted he did. WE will find out won't we.

DPluver2012

[50]Aug 23, 2009
    idk maybe dan wants us to think its not gonna happen but it will maybe.its one of those things where ppl have to think the obvious if Dan says MAYBE ,MAYBE NOT ...of course ppl r gonna think maybe not ya knw? but we will just have to wait like schawb said

TheSchwab

[51]Aug 23, 2009
    Yeah, If i'm wrong I will admit it. It's just so hard to tell with Dan. He claims he doesnt intend to tease fans. But while i can admit in his mind he thinks he doesnt tease but in a lot of peoples minds it could be considered teasing. I don't think he does it intentional. I just think he doesnt consider it teasing. But still he likes having fan's input. That said...Ycc is correct..Dan probably already knows what he's going to do with the series. The Kim Possible creators Bob and Mark knew what they wanted out of Kim Posible...The Bones creator Hart Hanson knows how they want Bones to finish. They knew this from the get go of those series. Bones is headed into it's 5th season so thats still going. The point is none of us are going to change Dan's mind.

thefbm

[52]Aug 23, 2009
    • level: 3
    hmm i never thought of carly dreaming of the kiss, but the more i think about, the more i believe that that's the moment Carly will fall for Freddie. Oh well, we will never know till it airs. But that is sort of close for Carly finding out about the kiss then just end up kissing Freddie at this dance.....

SkyeNite

[53]Aug 23, 2009
    TheSchwab wrote:

I don't think the kiss is real because of Dan's comments. It's not me being in denial.

Dan said.... "It MIGHT or MIGHT NOT happen"

Actually he said it "MIGHT or MIGHT NOT indicate what you think it indicates"

and that is an exact quote, just went and looked it up to make sure. may not indicate what we think is far from meaning it may not happen at all. So yah it'll happen. No clue if it means for creddie or seddie but we'll find out soon enough, and in the mean time we'll hopefully be able to discuss it without ripping eachothers throats out. haha

TheSchwab

[54]Aug 23, 2009

Yeah. Your right.

Still it really doesnt change my point. I'm still sticking with it because of those comments.

Everybody assumed the pic indicated that they were indeed going to kiss.

The "it might not indicate what you think it indicates" sort of goes along with dan's other comment "you have to think outside the iBox".

Makes me think it's nothing serious. We will see though.

Edited on 08/23/2009 3:29pm
    Edited 3 total times.

katywishing100

[55]Aug 23, 2009
    • level: 15
    When does this episode premiere?

TheSchwab

[56]Aug 23, 2009
    iThink They Kissed - September 12th.
    iSpeed Date - September 26th.
    iCarly Awards - TBD.

katywishing100

[57]Aug 23, 2009
    • level: 15
    TheSchwab wrote:
    iThink They Kissed - September 12th.
    iSpeed Date - September 26th.
    iCarly Awards - TBD.

Wow, two episodes in one month.

XEOCX

[58]Aug 23, 2009
    • level: 7
    I know! When was the last time we had two episodes in one month? Not for a while as far as I know.

TheSchwab

[59]Aug 23, 2009
    Not since i have been in the fandom. I have only been in the fandom for two new episodes. iTwins and iFight Shelby Marx.

The MSN TV site is the first place that posts when new episodes of icarly are. The reason iCarly Awards is on that site is because that was originally sceduled for September 12th then Nick must have changed there mind and put iThink They Kissed for September 12th. So thats why i put iCarly Awards as TBD.

sockstar

[60]Aug 23, 2009
    • level: 12
    Carly being the one thinking about kissing Freddie is so far out of the box it's in another country. That would just be insane. If it is though, then he's really got the "MIGHT or MIGHT NOT indicate what you think it indicates" thing right.

I don't think it's gonna happen that way though. I believe the most likely scenarios are:

Freddie fantasy.
    Freddie dream.
    Some kind of iCarly webshow promo for the speed dating.

The whole thing surrounding it, with the other dude, dan's comments, it smacks of a curveball.

The show normally doesn't use many tricks, but when the guy in charge is saying it might not be what it seems, does anyone blame people for thinking it's not legit?