We're moving Forums to the Community pages. Click here for more information and updates.

iCarly Forums

Nickelodeon (ended 2012)

Official iCarly and Disney Shows Discussion

iskabibble07

[1]Apr 14, 2008
    • level: 13
    I watch TV ratings sometimes and in the lately Icarly is clobbering HM in the ratings. I know because we are all Icarly fans over here on this board that most of us prefer Icarly to HM. But tell me why. Do you think HM is on its way out? Its really sad because I bet a lot of us were HM fans before Icarly gave us a good show to watch. What do you think?
    Edited on 07/05/2008 9:11pm
    Edited 2 total times.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

Collegebound06

[2]Apr 14, 2008
    • level: 32
    icarly is better than hm lately

iCarly_rox_

[3]Apr 17, 2008
    • level: 6
    iCarly by a mile! Hannah Montana is really stupid lately

PaperDaisy

[5]Apr 17, 2008
    • level: 1
    I've never really liked Hannah Montana... most shows on the disney channel are a bit lame.
    So, iCarly all the way.

sunnstar7

[6]Apr 17, 2008
    • level: 9
    ICARLY, NO CONTEST. I sort of like Hannah Montana as a show, but I hate Miley Cyrus and Hannah Montana the person. I love Miranda Cosgrove, so, yeah.

crzza

[7]Apr 18, 2008
    • level: 49
    iCarly! U should try putting this on the HM forums and see what people say.

yugaton88

[8]Apr 18, 2008
    • level: 22
    iCarly! Bad place to put this, on the iC forums

iskabibble07

[9]Apr 18, 2008

yugaton88 wrote:

I know, I thought about that because its gunna be a slam dunk on the IC forums. But I think there are a lot of people who fled HM for Icarly because HM is stale and old and not funny and dominated by aging country music stars, not kids. But that's just my take. Also the ops on the HM forum make it almost impossible to have good discussions like we get here.

crzza

[10]Apr 19, 2008
    U should put this in the comedy forum.

WAVY10

[11]Apr 23, 2008
    • level: 8
    The fact HM's had, what, 2 new shows so far and we're near the end of April doesn't hurt iC. (Though part of that COULD be blamed on the writer's strike)

AndreaMSkate

[12]Apr 23, 2008
    iCarly, period. I watched one episode of iCarly and I was sucked right in. I wasn't obsessed like I am now, but I loved it right off the bat. After one episode of HM, I kind of felt like this: -_- It was dumb.

sharethelove01

[13]Apr 23, 2008
    Thats tough... I love Hannah Montana but I love ICarly... but if i really think about it HM's acting blows and ICarly has the same humor of two previous shows (Amanda Show, Drake and Josh) which can get annoying. Overall I'll say...I don't know. (For HM's acting it's mostly Miley and Billy Ray who have issues and for ICarly's humor, The Amanda show was awesome, I hated Drake and Josh but it's the same exact stuff reenacted with different with different people. I don't know why I love these shows... I just do. So therefore, I cannot choose.)

dudette2018

[14]Apr 23, 2008
    • level: 17

iCarly.

They are better at acting and the comedy is better.

missyera

[15]May 4, 2008
    iskabibble07 wrote:

yugaton88 wrote:

I know, I thought about that because its gunna be a slam dunk on the IC forums. But I think there are a lot of people who fled HM for Icarly because HM is stale and old and not funny and dominated by aging country music stars, not kids. But that's just my take. Also the ops on the HM forum make it almost impossible to have good discussions like we get here.

I COMPLETELY agree with your last statement there. I mean, what's the point of having a board if you're restricted in the discussions? That's why i flocked here, cos' its much more easier and fun for discussions. Plus, people here respond so much faster.

Anyways, I still love both HM and iCarly, but due to Disney's stingyness in releasing the new episodes, people's interest in the show has slowly diminished. We're tired of waiting for months just to see a new episode, so, i'm really glad iCarly are still airing more. Plus, the humor is also catching, though i have to admit, HM's humor is more mature.

iskabibble07

[16]May 4, 2008
    missyera wrote:
    iskabibble07 wrote:

yugaton88 wrote:

I COMPLETELY agree with your last statement there. I mean, what's the point of having a board if you're restricted in the discussions? That's why i flocked here, cos' its much more easier and fun for discussions. Plus, people here respond so much faster. Anyways, I still love both HM and iCarly, but due to Disney's stingyness in releasing the new episodes, people's interest in the show has slowly diminished. We're tired of waiting for months just to see a new episode, so, i'm really glad iCarly are still airing more. Plus, the humor is also catching, though i have to admit, HM's humor is more mature.

I am not so sure Disney is being stingy as there may not be any new shows. With Miley running around doing shows for $2000 a ticket and having sex scandals, hard to see her having any time to do new shows. Not to mention HM had already jumped the shark and I really can't see HM getting back to the sweet cute and fresh feel it had now that Miley is an international superstar. If HM even tries to have another season, there is a good chance it will either be a disaster or an embarrassing to watch.

Meanwhile ICarly has the sweetness, its funny and very fresh. You can tell all the kids on it are thrilled to be doing the show and having tons of fun which makes it tons of fun for us as fans. I got toally fed up with posting anything on the HM boards because it was like you were only allowed to adore everything about HM and half of my posts drew TOS warnings. Here we are allowed to talk to each other and that is prolly why so many of us post entries every day. Besides whats to criticize about ICarly. Its a great show. I even like watching epis I have already seen. But I am eager to see new epis too.

jj91w

[17]May 4, 2008
    • level: 18
    I love both shows but Icarly is so much funnyer and does not have chesse comdey like HM.

coaster41395

[18]May 4, 2008
    • level: 42
    iCarly

gryffinval7890

[19]May 4, 2008
    • level: 12
    icarly, fo' sho'...

blazingstone

[20]May 4, 2008

I really like iCarly, but... Hannah Montana fer sher.

I've fallen in love with the characters on HM. I'm addicted and hopelessly devoted, and my love for the actors grows along with these scandals since I feel more compelled to defend them.

I do like iCarly's humor - it's blunt and sarcastic and Spencer (he deserves his own category xD). But the characters... well, they're great actors and all, but I don't like their posture. lol. Otherwise, I really like this show. It's rather entertaining.

But, yeah. Still Hannah xD