We're moving Forums to the Community pages. Click here for more information and updates.

iCarly Forums

Nickelodeon (ended 2012)

Official iCarly and Disney Shows Discussion

Nature9000

[102]May 31, 2008
    • level: 9
    I can see where you'd get worried about doing that, the HM editor could report the iCarly forums or editor because of it. So yeah, I agree with Andrea here, we don't know what would happen. I personally think we've discussed the HM board enough, how about the HM show. Speaking of the show, there seem to be similarites, are there not?
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

iskabibble07

[103]May 31, 2008
    • level: 13

Nature9000 wrote:
    I can see where you'd get worried about doing that, the HM editor could report the iCarly forums or editor because of it. So yeah, I agree with Andrea here, we don't know what would happen. I personally think we've discussed the HM board enough, how about the HM show. Speaking of the show, there seem to be similarities, are there not?
    I agree and I apologize for "going there" again because I would rather talk about what is great about ICarly than "the other thing". hmm similarities. Sure there are some. Both shows have a "cool" authority figure in Spencer on ICarly and Robbie on HM. Although Spencer is more of a kid himself and cooler.

Both shows are at their best when they use the strong relationship of the 3 central friends. Both shows are based in school/home relationships. Both shows have something "big" and show business related going on that seems to dominate everything. Thats a starter list.

Collegebound06

[104]May 31, 2008
    • level: 32
    the tomboy best friend girls

zulaz

[105]May 31, 2008
    do Freddie and Oliver have any simularities?

AndreaMSkate

[106]May 31, 2008
    • level: 49
    Nature9000 wrote:
    I can see where you'd get worried about doing that, the HM editor could report the iCarly forums or editor because of it. So yeah, I agree with Andrea here, we don't know what would happen. I personally think we've discussed the HM board enough, how about the HM show. Speaking of the show, there seem to be similarites, are there not?

I wouldn't get reported because I haven't said anything about the editor. It'd be whoever is making the posts, and I don't want that to happen.

crzza

[107]Jun 1, 2008
    • level: 49
    Nature9000 wrote:
    There are similarities

kikimarie593

[109]Jun 1, 2008
    • level: 27

Collegebound06 wrote:
    the tomboy best friend girls

I don't think Sam is really a tomboy. She's tough, but she doesn't really seem sporty to me.

zulaz

[110]Jun 1, 2008
    being a sporty girl doesnt mean your a tomboy.

u dont have to play sports and still be a tomboy, it just depends on what you do really.

Nature9000

[111]Jun 1, 2008
    Freddie and Oliver do sort of have similarities that I think. They do camera work a lot, that's a subtle thing. Both of them are dorks in a way, both are picked on in certain ways. Both have a mother that is mentioned/Seen in Freddie's case, but no Father. The list goes on!

WAVY10

[112]Jun 2, 2008
    • level: 8
    missyera wrote:
    When i think about it again, i think i enjoy both shows equally. But when HM finishes showing all its episodes (three more left), I'm glad that icarly will still be showing more episodes. I hope.

I think there's supposed to be a 3rd season for HM, but between the movie version they're supposed to be filming and DC execs nervously worrying about any other possible Miley shenanigans; I'm guessing they're going to play a wait-and-see game with any further episodes after those three close out a VERY long Season 2.

iskabibble07

[113]Jun 3, 2008

WAVY10 wrote:
    missyera wrote:
    When i think about it again, i think i enjoy both shows equally. But when HM finishes showing all its episodes (three more left), I'm glad that icarly will still be showing more episodes. I hope.
    I think there's supposed to be a 3rd season for HM, but between the movie version they're supposed to be filming and DC execs nervously worrying about any other possible Miley shenanigans; I'm guessing they're going to play a wait-and-see game with any further episodes after those three close out a VERY long Season 2.

HM seems to be already slipping in the ratings after the last round of scandals. And even die hard fans are remarking the show seems to have jumped the shark. The kids are looking pretty old to be doing the "tweens living the dream" shtick. And with Miley coming off tour a very wealthy girl with her queen of the world crown on her head, hard to see her dragging through a long and embarrassing third season. But who knows, officially the third season is on track along with the movie, an autobiography, a clothing and fragrance line and who knows, maybe the vice presidency if there is good money in it. At least if McCain picked MIley for VP, there would be someone to look at when they both were on stage campaigning together LOL

jj91w

[114]Jun 3, 2008
    • level: 18
    I realy dont think its slipping in in ratings scandals. I mean 1 Disney never ever really prmoted that ep and 2nd it was leacked on to youtube in Feaburay.
    Edited on 06/03/2008 6:30pm

kikimarie593

[115]Jun 3, 2008

I love Hannah Montana, but I am really disappointed in how the characters have completely changed personalities since the first season. They're nothing like they were when the show first started. Miley used to be a total country girl, but now she is definitely a city girl. All of the other characters have changed their personalities, too. I just hope that doesn't happen on iCarly.

Nature9000

[116]Jun 3, 2008
    kikimarie593 wrote:

I love Hannah Montana, but I am really disappointed in how the characters have completely changed personalities since the first season. They're nothing like they were when the show first started. Miley used to be a total country girl, but now she is definitely a city girl. All of the other characters have changed their personalities, too. I just hope that doesn't happen on iCarly.

Personalities actually change over time, so that makes more sense. Time goes on, people who lived in the country but live in the city will grow used to the city and turn into that. Speaking from a sociologists perspective, I would say that's what the writers tried to do. Times change, and so do people, they grow up...

kikimarie593

[117]Jun 3, 2008
    Nature9000 wrote:
    kikimarie593 wrote:

Personalities actually change over time, so that makes more sense. Time goes on, people who lived in the country but live in the city will grow used to the city and turn into that. Speaking from a sociologists perspective, I would say that's what the writers tried to do. Times change, and so do people, they grow up...

I know people change, but I still like their old personalities better.

iskabibble07

[118]Jun 4, 2008
    Nature9000 wrote:
    kikimarie593 wrote:

Yes but on a television show, the writers can decide how much the characters will change and if the performers are truely actors, they can execute what the writers write. It isn't that the kids grew up that makes HM unappealing. The sweetness, the freshness and the excitement of the show has disappeared. the humor is forced and the actors seem to dislike each other now both as actors and as characters. Will this happen on ICarly? I think a lot has to do with production. Dan Schneider has kept shows on the air for several years and kept the shows fresh and interesting and the humor natural and funny in most cases. So there is strong hope ICarly may mature but keep those key things that we all love about it right now.

ger5632

[119]Jun 4, 2008
    • level: 24

I'll make this brief:

HM i think improved a little but the jokes are lame. They hit the laugh track too much

iCarly love their jokes. At least they control the amount of laughter!

The end. Anyone up for pizza?

WAVY10

[120]Jun 4, 2008
    • level: 8
    jj91w wrote:
    I realy dont think its slipping in in ratings scandals. I mean 1 Disney never ever really prmoted that ep and 2nd it was leacked on to youtube in Feaburay.

If you're talking about that specific episode; that came out almost exactly a week after the Vanity Fair story broke.

If you're talking as a whole, I agree Miley's "extracurricular activites", if you will, are not the only cause. Other likely reasons I feel included the fact that Disney overpromoted the show so much there may have been a bit of general Hannah-fatigue. Combine that with the fact only three new episodes have aired in the U.S., and we're just starting the month of June now (the 2nd season I believe had long since finished filming), and you're right. There are plenty of stuff you could blame the decline on.