We're moving Forums to the Community pages. Click here for more information and updates.

iCarly Forums

Nickelodeon (ended 2012)

Official iCarly and Disney Shows Discussion

iskabibble07

[61]May 20, 2008
    • level: 13
    AndreaMSkate wrote:

kikimarie593 wrote:
    Okay, a lot of you said you got TOS violations on the Hannah Montana board. I think I got about five of them. Just out of curiosity, what did some of your messages that got deleted say. It's usually something really stupid, like I said I don't like the character 'Roxy' and that message was deleted.

Wow, that seems awfully cruel. The editor can report any message he or she wants as a TOS violation, but the staff has to moderate it before anything happens. I can't believe the staff actually thought that saying you hate a character is worthy of a violation...that's insane.

Yeah I already deleted all my many TOS warnings from the HM board but they for anything from a speculation about a character to a remark about one of the performers to a legitamite concern. Seems like the whole board had to be a 24/7 we adore HM and Miley board. Not only is that not discussion, it is dumb and got dumber the worse the show itself got. So I bailed on both so thank god for ICarly with a good board, show and mod.

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

Nature9000

[62]May 20, 2008
    • level: 9
    Eesh, remind me not to post there then. They need a new editor.

AndreaMSkate

[63]May 20, 2008
    • level: 49
    Yeah I've never wandered over there. Maybe I'll go take a look.

lilatp

[64]May 20, 2008
    • level: 8
    I haven't been on the HM forums in a LONG time , and now I don't think I wanna go back (maybe) from what I just read.

AndreaMSkate

[65]May 20, 2008
    lilatp wrote:
    I haven't been on the HM forums in a LONG time , and now I don't think I wanna go back (maybe) from what I just read.

I went over and looked earlier. Kinda messy. Threads are locked without the editor explaining why.

They don't allow fanfiction over there? What's up with that...?

MillionaireMan6

[66]May 20, 2008
    • level: 16
    I know what you all mean. I posted a "Favorite Oliver Moments" thread on the HM forums and I got a TOS because "No Game Threads are Allowed". It ain't a game thread! And I did an "if ______ starred another character" thread on the HM forum (like I did with Drake and Josh, iCarly and other shows) and got a TOS for that too. I'm sick of all these TOS's on the HM forum! That's why I prefer iCarly's forums instead.

AndreaMSkate

[67]May 20, 2008
    MillionaireMan6 wrote:
    I know what you all mean. I posted a "Favorite Oliver Moments" thread on the HM forums and I got a TOS because "No Game Threads are Allowed". It ain't a game thread! And I did an "if ______ starred another character" thread on the HM forum (like I did with Drake and Josh, iCarly and other shows) and got a TOS for that too. I'm sick of all these TOS's on the HM forum! That's why I prefer iCarly's forums instead.

Well the no game thing is kind of legit...the fact that there IS a separate games forum is a solid argument for them. But I don't think it's a TOS violation...I want to PM a mod about this. I'm really curious.

Nature9000

[68]May 20, 2008
    • level: 9
    Go ahead and do it. They might be interested to hear what you have to say, I'm sure you wouldn't be the first editor to go to them with complaints about another board. If you do go to them, they may listen and consider everything, I don't think it's a TOS violation to post games. At least not in any forum I've ever been to.

iskabibble07

[69]May 21, 2008

Well I looked again at it and saw two threads that I started a while back locked up. One about if there would be a HM spin off after the show ended its run. This was called "fan fiction" and locked. So I guess any form of speculation by fans is fan fiction. The other one was to discuss which of the support characters get the most subplot time. No explanation on why it was locked. I have posted there once in the last few weeks on the thread about whether Oliver was even needed anymore. I was pretty sure I would get a TOS warning because my remarks were not just "OMG Miley Rocks" which seems to be what the editors want to see. But for the most part I have abandoned the board because fighting to get something on there is boring and the show itself is barely worth watching any more.

MillionaireMan6

[70]May 21, 2008
    Well, I don't think that posting something about other people's favorite Oliver moments is exactly considered a "game thread". I did that on the HM forums and got a TOS because it was a game thread, when it wasn't.

iskabibble07

[71]May 21, 2008

When you think of it from the viewpoint of TV.com and why they host these discussion boards, the entire idea is to draw and keep repeat visitors like us. Its all a WEB 2.0 idea that traffic, espeically repeat traffic to a web site is profitable because of the banner ads, affiliate advertising and the other junk that makes them money if the boards are active. So it would see to me that one of the jobs of the editors of the boards is to encourage discussion and NOT to run off people. This board is great for discussion and that is why there seems to be a lot of repeat posters or "regs" (like me). Sure there have to be rules but allowing freedom of speech is the way you build up a board it seems to me. We have that here and I am grateful for it.

Gander119

[72]May 21, 2008
    • level: 11
    Exactly.I got two TOS violations.Each time I went there.One for saying an episode was on youtube,and one for something stupid,like thread bumping I think it was.

kikimarie593

[73]May 21, 2008
    • level: 27

Gander119 wrote:
    Exactly.I got two TOS violations.Each time I went there.One for saying an episode was on youtube,and one for something stupid,like thread bumping I think it was.

I got one for thread bumping, too. Can the people over there be anymore unfair?!

Collegebound06

[74]May 21, 2008
    • level: 32
    i get it all the time and im being very general

AndreaMSkate

[75]May 21, 2008
    Nature9000 wrote:
    Go ahead and do it. They might be interested to hear what you have to say, I'm sure you wouldn't be the first editor to go to them with complaints about another board. If you do go to them, they may listen and consider everything, I don't think it's a TOS violation to post games. At least not in any forum I've ever been to.

I think I will...after American Idol.

And I looked at a bunch of other forums, and games are abound. But I will ask again to be sure..

Collegebound06

[76]May 21, 2008
    i dont think it is

AndreaMSkate

[77]May 22, 2008
    Collegebound06 wrote:
    i dont think it is

Yeah I didn't think so either. But if someone said they got a violation for it, that really makes me wonder. I just PMed someone last night.

Collegebound06

[78]May 22, 2008
    you get a violation for almost anything on the hm board

MillionaireMan6

[79]May 22, 2008
    Yeah, now I think we know why the editor for HM is called "TrickMeNot" (No offense, TrickMeNot, if you're reading this).
    Edited on 05/22/2008 6:55pm

srzeczyca

[80]May 22, 2008
    • level: 27

I like iCarly and Hannh Montana cause they are both funny.