We're moving Forums to the Community pages. Click here for more information and updates.

iCarly Forums

Nickelodeon (ended 2012)

Official iCarly and Disney Shows Discussion

DC-Dude

[21]May 4, 2008
    • level: 26
    iskabibble07 wrote:
    missyera wrote:
    iskabibble07 wrote:

yugaton88 wrote:
    iCarly! Bad place to put this, on the iC forums

I know, I thought about that because its gunna be a slam dunk on the IC forums. But I think there are a lot of people who fled HM for Icarly because HM is stale and old and not funny and ted by aging country music stars, not kids. But that's just my take. Also the ops on the HM forum make it almost impossible to have good discussions like we get here.

I COMPLETELY agree with your last statement there. I mean, what's the point of having a board if you're restricted in the discussions? That's why i flocked here, cos' its much more easier and fun for discussions. Plus, people here respond so much faster. Anyways, I still love both HM and iCarly, but due to Disney's stingyness in releasing the new episodes, people's interest in the show has slowly diminished. We're tired of waiting for months just to see a new episode, so, i'm really glad iCarly are still airing more. Plus, the humor is also catching, though i have to admit, HM's humor is more mature.

I am not so sure Disney is being stingy as there may not be any new shows. With Miley running around doing shows for $2000 a ticket and scandals, hard to see her having any time to do new shows. Not to mention HM had already jumped the shark and I really can't see HM getting back to the sweet cute and fresh feel it had now that Miley is an international superstar. If HM even tries to have another season, there is a good chance it will either be a disaster or an embarrassing to watch.

Meanwhile ICarly has the sweetness, its funny and very fresh. You can tell all the kids on it are thrilled to be doing the show and having tons of fun which makes it tons of fun for us as fans. I got toally fed up with posting anything on the HM boards because it was like you were only allowed to adore everything about HM and half of my posts drew TOS warnings. Here we are allowed to talk to each other and that is prolly why so many of us post entries every day. Besides whats to criticize about ICarly. Its a great show. I even like watching epis I have already seen. But I am eager to see new epis too.

Same! I have 3 TOS violations from the HM forum. But I like iCarly more because new episodes come more often and the plots are always funny.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

iskabibble07

[22]May 4, 2008
    • level: 13
    blazingstone wrote:

I really like iCarly, but... Hannah Montana fer sher.

I've fallen in love with the characters on HM. I'm addicted and hopelessly devoted, and my love for the actors grows along with these scandals since I feel more compelled to defend them.

I do like iCarly's humor - it's blunt and sarcastic and Spencer (he deserves his own category xD). But the characters... well, they're great actors and all, but I don't like their posture. lol. Otherwise, I really like this show. It's rather entertaining.

But, yeah. Still Hannah xD

Its great to have various views and for you to express your devotion over here on the ICarly board. I was a pretty hard core HM fan too but things bugged me. Miley seemed be snooty and self involved. I adored Emily Mitchell and Jason and still do and I always felt the show was strong based on group comedy with the kids at the center, not just being a show about adoring Miley.

Her relationship with her dad always creeped me out and the more photos I see like the one in Vogue only makes me more creeped out. HM would have been a better show without Billie Ray on camera at all.

I think a lot of the new and excited ICarly fans are HM refugees. ICarly has that freshness, good humor and cuteness that is what made HM great. But HM became too dominated by redneck comedy tour humor and has been adults filling up the epis and pushing out the kids. That is why I am now a die hard ICarly fan and would not watch an HM epi for good pay.

ihoppers_cheska

[23]May 11, 2008
    • level: 5

Hannah Montana is a very charismatic show.. mostly because Hannah Montana can actually cross over in real life. Like they can actually stage HANNAH MONTANA conerts.. you know? But it wasn't/isn't really a GREAT show. I mean.. it's good and interesting. But it was never as funny as past great shows like.. That's so Raven or the old school All That or the Amanda show. Mainly cuz.. well, to put it nicely, Miley is a better singer than she is an actor.

However, Miley is sorta improving on the acting department as the seasons go along. And she has a pretty good supporting cast. Emily Osment, Mitchell Musso and Jason Earles are pretty good actors.

iCarly though.. the lead, Miranda, has been acting for a much longer time.. So.. yea. iCarly. Wizards of Waverly place is much funnier than HM too.

Collegebound06

[24]May 11, 2008
    • level: 32
    icarly because im boycotting hannah montana

iskabibble07

[25]May 11, 2008

HM used to be a very cute show full of comedy and plots that emphasized comedy between the actors not focused just on Miley. There is no denying that when it was fresh and the kids were excited and closer to "tween" age, it was the show to beat.

Without going into negativity about HM which lots of people hate, ICarly has that freshness now. Everybody on the show seems to be having a great time. The difference is under the wise leadership of Dan, that is likely to continue. Also the show isn't all "about" Carly only. The ICarly show is clearly the result of all 3 of their work, not just her becoming a big star. Unlike that other show, it isn't about Carly and her dad and who ever happens to be in the room. It is clearly about Carly and Sam and Freddie with Spencer providing the authority figure and tons of comedy. That is a winning formula.

Collegebound06

[26]May 11, 2008
    well i think it just shows the success of dan too..the shows i know hes done have been very successful and i think its all in him and who he chooses to act in it

iskabibble07

[27]May 12, 2008

Collegebound06 wrote:
    well i think it just shows the success of dan too..the shows i know hes done have been very successful and i think its all in him and who he chooses to act in it

I totally agree with you. While I have not watched every epi of every Schneider show, if you look at them, most of the kids that are on his shows go on to good things and don't end up in scandals like somebody I could name (but won't). Yes I know there was the Jamie Spears pregnancy but that wasn't like a big public nudity thing or something. It was something private that happened to her and she dealt with it with her family which is as it should be.

Also most of the Schneider shows I have followed seem to retain their freshness and fun for as long as they are on the air. The shows in the last year are just as cute as the first year. Dan knows how to take care of his performers and keep his shows on the right track. He also knows how to keep his kids out of trouble and that means his shows can retain their parent approval for a long time. If all of that is true, then we are in for a nice long run for ICarly.

crzza

[28]May 12, 2008
    • level: 49
    iskabibble07 wrote:

Collegebound06 wrote:

I totally agree with you. While I have not watched every epi of every Schneider show, if you look at them, most of the kids that are on his shows go on to good things and don't end up in scandals like somebody I could name (but won't). Yes I know there was the Jamie Spears pregnancy but that wasn't like a big public nudity thing or something. It was something private that happened to her and she dealt with it with her family which is as it should be.

Also most of the Schneider shows I have followed seem to retain their freshness and fun for as long as they are on the air. The shows in the last year are just as cute as the first year. Dan knows how to take care of his performers and keep his shows on the right track. He also knows how to keep his kids out of trouble and that means his shows can retain their parent approval for a long time. If all of that is true, then we are in for a nice long run for ICarly.

iCarly will go for a LONG time.

Collegebound06

[29]May 13, 2008
    thank u someone agrees about the miley thing lol..i know ive discussed this w/ someone at work..u see disney kids going on to have these horrible things and rarely hear about nick kids..m/b they just know how to pick them..icarly is truly better

iskabibble07

[30]May 13, 2008

Collegebound06 wrote:
    thank u someone agrees about the miley thing lol..i know ive discussed this w/ someone at work..u see disney kids going on to have these horrible things and rarely hear about nick kids..m/b they just know how to pick them..icarly is truly better

Totally. I mean look at Amanda Bynes. Every teen star should go to her for advice. She never got in any scandals or got nasty pics of her floated on the internet. She is still making great TV and movies and she is still a role model for younger girls. Amanda can show the rest of the girls how it should be done.

Collegebound06

[31]May 13, 2008
    exactly..shes awesome

WAVY10

[32]May 14, 2008
    • level: 8
    iskabibble07 wrote:
    blazingstone wrote:

I've fallen in love with the characters on HM. I'm addicted and hopelessly devoted, and my love for the actors grows along with these scandals since I feel more compelled to defend them.

I do like iCarly's humor - it's blunt and sarcastic and Spencer (he deserves his own category xD). But the characters... well, they're great actors and all, but I don't like their posture. lol. Otherwise, I really like this show. It's rather entertaining.

Its great to have various views and for you to express your devotion over here on the ICarly board. I was a pretty hard core HM fan too but things bugged me. Miley seemed be snooty and self involved. I adored Emily Mitchell and Jason and still do and I always felt the show was strong based on group comedy with the kids at the center, not just being a show about adoring Miley.

Her relationship with her dad always creeped me out and the more photos I see like the one in Vogue only makes me more creeped out. HM would have been a better show without Billie Ray on camera at all.

I think a lot of the new and excited ICarly fans are HM refugees. ICarly has that freshness, good humor and cuteness that is what made HM great. But HM became too dominated by redneck comedy tour humor and has been adults filling up the epis and pushing out the kids. That is why I am now a die hard ICarly fan and would not watch an HM epi for good pay.

Same thing with me. On the HM board, there was a discussion about the most recent episode, and just for suggesting the "possibility" (probable reason is more accurate) that the whole Miley picture scandals may have scared some parents, to be sure, off. What do I get...that message got removed.

Also am another HM refugee.

iskabibble07

[33]May 14, 2008
    WAVY10 wrote:
    iskabibble07 wrote:
    blazingstone wrote:

Same thing with me. On the HM board, there was a discussion about the most recent episode, and just for suggesting the "possibility" (probable reason is more accurate) that the whole Miley picture scandals may have scared some parents, to be sure, off. What do I get...that message got removed. Also am another HM refugee.

I can't say I never watch HM anymore. Sometimes I do if they are the early ones where the humor was funny and the show had energy and was fresh. But I prefer ICarly and other Dan Schneider shows now.

I also only occasionally go to the HM or Miley Cyrus boards. But I spend more time on these boards any more. The topics are for the most part more interesting here and for the most part, the people and ops more freindly.

Edited on 05/14/2008 1:07pm

AndreaMSkate

[34]May 14, 2008
    • level: 49
    I edited this thread so that all aspects of iCarly and/or Hannah Montana can be discussed here, since a lot of people watch both of these shows.

Gryffindorkish

[35]May 14, 2008
    • level: 4

Hannah Montana is okay. I mean I'll watch it if nothing else is on. But I like iCarly so much better. It's wittier, and overall has a better plot and cast.

missyera

[36]May 14, 2008
    WAVY10 wrote:
    iskabibble07 wrote:
    blazingstone wrote:

Same thing with me. On the HM board, there was a discussion about the most recent episode, and just for suggesting the "possibility" (probable reason is more accurate) that the whole Miley picture scandals may have scared some parents, to be sure, off. What do I get...that message got removed.

Also am another HM refugee.

Hahaha...all HM refugees should unite and do something about the editor over there. He's too controlling, and its like they're trying to subdue our freedom of speech...or rather freedom of discussion. SHeesh.

So, for now, I think iCarly is right up there side by side with HM for me, but HM appeals to me only because there's Lilly and Oliver in the episodes. If there's not much of these two characters in the episode plots, most likely, I won't be watching it.

iskabibble07

[37]May 15, 2008
    missyera wrote:
    WAVY10 wrote:
    iskabibble07 wrote:
    blazingstone wrote:

Same thing with me. On the HM board, there was a discussion about the most recent episode, and just for suggesting the "possibility" (probable reason is more accurate) that the whole Miley picture scandals may have scared some parents, to be sure, off. What do I get...that message got removed. Also am another HM refugee.
    Hahaha...all HM refugees should unite and do something about the editor over there. He's too controlling, and its like they're trying to subdue our freedom of speech...or rather freedom of discussion. SHeesh. So, for now, I think iCarly is right up there side by side with HM for me, but HM appeals to me only because there's Lilly and Oliver in the episodes. If there's not much of these two characters in the episode plots, most likely, I won't be watching it.

The Jackson character is worth watching. Jason is a seriously funny guy and he could carry a show all by himself. But yeah, if a HM centers on Miley and her dad or other adults, ibe gonebe.

I found how controlling the editors were on HM and the Miley boards so impossible to deal with that being a refugee seemed the best way to handle them. Just like boycotting insulting or controlling threads here is my way of handling heavy handed personalities. Seeing how poorly the HM boards are managed only makes you grateful we have a good new editor here on ICarly so we can still enjoy fun discussions without getting a TOS warning any time we want to explore a new idea.

missyera

[38]May 15, 2008
    I agree.

Ooh, i forgot. I LOVE Jackson/Jason. He's pure hysterical, and i agree he could really carry the show...along with Lilly and Oliver as subplots of course. *grins* I love Jackson's imitations of different people and his facial expressions and his lines are to-die for. I think Jason has it good with his character.

iskabibble07

[39]May 15, 2008

missyera wrote:
    I agree. Ooh, i forgot. I LOVE Jackson/Jason. He's pure hysterical, and i agree he could really carry the show...along with Lilly and Oliver as subplots of course. *grins* I love Jackson's imitations of different people and his facial expressions and his lines are to-die for. I think Jason has it good with his character.

No question that Jason, Emily and Mitchel are the real talents of HM. It is easy to wish those three could be spun off into a show of their own. But it would be an older version of HM without Hannah and tha may not be up Disney's alley. Maybe they could jump ship and become refugees to Nick like we are. Just think what a great show could be put together with their talents and Dan Schneiders writing and producing. It would kick rump and take names.

Collegebound06

[40]May 17, 2008
    or just boycott hm like me lol..anyways icarly is way better..the humor is so much better and i like spinoffs better anyways