We're moving Forums to the Community pages. Click here for more information and updates.

iCarly Forums

Nickelodeon (ended 2012)

Official iCarly and Disney Shows Discussion

blazingstone

[41]May 17, 2008
    • level: 8
    iskabibble07 wrote:

missyera wrote:
    I agree. Ooh, i forgot. I LOVE Jackson/Jason. He's pure hysterical, and i agree he could really carry the show...along with Lilly and Oliver as subplots of course. *grins* I love Jackson's imitations of different people and his facial expressions and his lines are to-die for. I think Jason has it good with his character.

No question that Jason, Emily and Mitchel are the real talents of HM. It is easy to wish those three could be spun off into a show of their own. But it would be an older version of HM without Hannah and tha may not be up Disney's alley. Maybe they could jump ship and become refugees to Nick like we are. Just think what a great show could be put together with their talents and Dan Schneiders writing and producing. It would kick rump and take names.

I disagree... I think everyone adds a little something to the show. It just wouldn't be the same with a missing character, which was evidenced by Oliver's magical dissappearance for a couple of episodes in season two.

And Miley is the Hannah, and sorry to say, but Jackson, Lilly, and Oliver are insignificant beings without her. Call me biased for being a Miley fan, but in all honesty, the show would be nothing without her presence. The show wouldn't exist without her... literally. She definitely did NOT build up the HM fandom on her own, but she had a great deal to do with it... again, EVERYONE on there brings a little something to the show. I just don't like how Miles is always cast aside. It bugs.

And as for Jas, Em, and Mitch jumping ship, lol. Gimme a break of that Kit Kat bar.

Why leave where the cash flow is at its strongest...?

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

Collegebound06

[42]May 18, 2008
    • level: 32
    emily has been acting since she was 3..she can get another acting job..mitchell has phineas and ferb..jason is very talented and i really dont care what happens with miley..im sry to say and sry if this offends anyone but i dont think oliver added too much to the show..i still loved the eps he wasnt in..and they were good..like in icarly its all how you deliver the lines and how the storyline goes

ger5632

[43]May 18, 2008
    • level: 24
    dudette2018 wrote:

iCarly.

They are better at acting and the comedy is better.

amen! i think that Hannah Montan their acting are like seriously too exxegarated(if i spelled it correctly). Miley moves her mouth so much that its so gross i feel like smashing my TV. The comedy, i have to disagree for once with misseyera, is not mature. In fact, i think they are trying too hard to be funny it isnt funny anymore. Their jokes are lame and weird. I mean at most i laugh 2 times when watching HM. In iCarly, i laughed like at most 4 times. I dont know, i think their jokes are more mature.

Laughing production is not really a good laughing production. when the took over Thats so raven it seriously went downhill.

PS: Sorry to drag TSR in

Collegebound06

[44]May 18, 2008
    i completely agree with that

Nature9000

[45]May 18, 2008
    • level: 9
    I think I may like iCarly better. Hannah Montana used to be really good but now they're just focusing on Miley and all her problems, like it's become all about her. Granted the show is about her, yes, but it's almost like she's becomeing a bit shallow almost. Carly seems to care more about her friends than herself most of the time, yet I do like Hannah Montana so don't get me wrong on that.

Collegebound06

[46]May 18, 2008
    yeah there is barely any room for subplots in it anymore

dudette2018

[47]May 19, 2008
    • level: 17
    ger5632 wrote:
    dudette2018 wrote:

iCarly.

They are better at acting and the comedy is better.

amen! i think that Hannah Montan their acting are like seriously too exxegarated(if i spelled it correctly). Miley moves her mouth so much that its so gross i feel like smashing my TV. The comedy, i have to disagree for once with misseyera, is not mature. In fact, i think they are trying too hard to be funny it isnt funny anymore. Their jokes are lame and weird. I mean at most i laugh 2 times when watching HM. In iCarly, i laughed like at most 4 times. I dont know, i think their jokes are more mature.

Laughing production is not really a good laughing production. when the took over Thats so raven it seriously went downhill.

PS: Sorry to drag TSR in

Yes! I, as a huge Miley/Hannah fan, am getting bored of the stupid subplots with Jackson and Rico and sometimes Oliver (if he's even in the episode). I mean, like that one where Rico and Jackson swithch places? L-A-M-E. AND THE LAUGH TRACK IS SO ANNOYING! I WANT IT TO GO AWAY

And like someone said on the first or second page, the HM boards don't have any good discussions anymore.

iskabibble07

[48]May 19, 2008
    • level: 13
    One thing that ICarly has that is hard to put a word on but I guess the best one is banter. There is a lot of fast paced chatter that is just a lot of silly exchanges. Carly is the queen of banter. she uses little words like Yay, Quite or The geekiest to keep that exchange going and it is very lively, natural, energetic and funny. This is no doubt Dan's coaching but the kids are good at it. And it isnt corny or awkward like the HM comedy, if you can call it that.

dudette2018

[49]May 19, 2008
    • level: 17

Another thing that annoys me about Hannah Montana and most Disney shows(take into consideration that I am a Disney fan) is the way they're commercialized. I walk into Wal-Mart and see Hannah Montana and High School Musical shampoo and lotion. In Claire's they have a whole wall of Hannah Montana and High School Musical stuff. They have socks with Zac's face on them! I don't know about anyone else, but that's disturbing. Now, take Nick shows like Drake and Josh and iCarly. All they really have is the show! I mean, yeah, I'm a big Hannah Montana fan and I love Miley, but I wouldn't buy shampoo with her on it. A lot of kids nowadays want to be stars on Disney, but I'd rather be on Nick. I don't really know how I'd feel if my face was on a sock...

Collegebound06

[50]May 19, 2008
    i like seeing the hsm stuff but for a show i dont like such as hannah montana i dont like seeing that everywhere..i would love if they had icarly stuff like backpacks and t-shirts..the show is way underappreciated

lilatp

[51]May 19, 2008
    • level: 8
    dudette2018 wrote:

Another thing that annoys me about Hannah Montana and most Disney shows(take into consideration that I am a Disney fan) is the way they're commercialized. I walk into Wal-Mart and see Hannah Montana and High School Musical shampoo and lotion. In Claire's they have a whole wall of Hannah Montana and High School Musical stuff. They have socks with Zac's face on them! I don't know about anyone else, but that's disturbing. Now, take Nick shows like Drake and Josh and iCarly. All they really have is the show! I mean, yeah, I'm a big Hannah Montana fan and I love Miley, but I wouldn't buy shampoo with her on it. A lot of kids nowadays want to be stars on Disney, but I'd rather be on Nick. I don't really know how I'd feel if my face was on a sock...

Amen to that.If I had the choice to get into to acting and I could like be a guest star on one of the shows I'd have to say iCarly.To me I don't even think them having there own webshow is wired or bad at all.I mean if you go on youtube there are some vids similar to what iCarly's doing, but if we go on to Hannah Montana *Ugh* it's just...well you know what I mean it doesn't make any sence anymore almost every new episode there's some guest star, and at first I was like ohhh cool there having Jesse or Dwayne now they over do it that's on thing I can't stand about Disney is that they sooo Hollywood they start to lose what really important it's all about the show, the actors/actresses, and the hard work that they put into that show for it's greatness.Now I feel like Disney doesn't care for that anymore which is why I'm always changing the channel to Nick I had to get that out of my mind.I feel much better.

Nature9000

[52]May 19, 2008
    Heh, one thing I know that separates Hannah Montana from iCarly or Disney from Nick is that almost every show disney has, the actors get on and then all of a sudden they think they can sing. That may be true for most, but Hillary Duff for example cannot sing. The only actor I know from Nick that has become a singer was Drake Bell, and he may have already been one for all I know. At least I'm sure of one thing, the iCarly actors might not ever get the idea to stop their show and go out and start singing.

iskabibble07

[53]May 19, 2008

Nature9000 wrote:
    Heh, one thing I know that separates Hannah Montana from iCarly or Disney from Nick is that almost every show disney has, the actors get on and then all of a sudden they think they can sing. That may be true for most, but Hillary Duff for example cannot sing. The only actor I know from Nick that has become a singer was Drake Bell, and he may have already been one for all I know. At least I'm sure of one thing, the iCarly actors might not ever get the idea to stop their show and go out and start singing.

That is one of the zillion things so refreshing about ICarly. Nobody is a superstar princess. Its just some kids having a lot of fun and being sucessful because the thing they are good at is having a lot of fun. The odd thing is that Miranda really does sing well and on a clip on the web site where Jennette sings a clip from the theme song, she has a pretty nice voice too.

Nature9000

[54]May 19, 2008
    Yeah, but that may be as far as they go in singing as far as we know, but if they do, I'd still watch iCarly. I would because I would respect nick and thank it that not every single one of their stars decide to go become a singer, whether they can sing or not. I mean it's like you can appear on disney one time and all of a sudden, you can sing. Half of the songs I hear from them I can't understand what the songs are about! I think if one of the actors from iCarly decided to sing, it probably would be pretty good...

kikimarie593

[55]May 19, 2008
    • level: 27
    Okay, a lot of you said you got TOS violations on the Hannah Montana board. I think I got about five of them. Just out of curiosity, what did some of your messages that got deleted say. It's usually something really stupid, like I said I don't like the character 'Roxy' and that message was deleted.

Nature9000

[56]May 19, 2008
    I don't recall posting on the Hannah Montana board so I wouldn't know, but it sounds like they editor or someone there could be a little biased. I mean if you get your message deleted just for saying that you disliked a certain character...that seems a bit biased to me.

iskabibble07

[57]May 19, 2008
    I used to "hang out" on the HM board a lot when I first got on TV.com. Yeah, it was so bad you could hardly conduct a discussion like you can here. Any critical comment at all got nailed. But even just observatiosn, speculations, plot discussiosn, they were getting so bad I got a TOS about every fourth or fifth time. And God forbid you complain, they TOS you bid time for that. Just look at the boards now. Bland discussions of epis that happened long ago. Teh postings are old and short. The place is a wasteland, sort like HM is itself anymore. I tried to watch an epi today "The way we werent". I ahd to turn it off. It was embarrasing to see such poor humor.

kikimarie593

[58]May 19, 2008
    • level: 27
    If they got a new editor on the HM boards they would probably get more people to go on there like they used to. I used to go on there all the time, but there's no point in going on there if every other one of your messages is going to be deleted. Here on the iCarly forum if you disagree with someone about something you will probably have a small arguement and then just forget about it.

AndreaMSkate

[59]May 20, 2008
    • level: 49

kikimarie593 wrote:
    Okay, a lot of you said you got TOS violations on the Hannah Montana board. I think I got about five of them. Just out of curiosity, what did some of your messages that got deleted say. It's usually something really stupid, like I said I don't like the character 'Roxy' and that message was deleted.

Wow, that seems awfully cruel. The editor can report any message he or she wants as a TOS violation, but the staff has to moderate it before anything happens. I can't believe the staff actually thought that saying you hate a character is worthy of a violation...that's insane.

Edited on 05/20/2008 9:29am

jj91w

[60]May 20, 2008
    • level: 18
    Yeah teh HM Edtior is hash I made a spinoff thread and got a TOS.
    Edited on 05/20/2008 1:11pm