We're moving Forums to the Community pages. Click here for more information and updates.

iCarly Forums

Nickelodeon (ended 2012)

Official iCarly and Disney Shows Discussion

kikimarie593

[121]Jun 4, 2008
    • level: 27

WAVY10 wrote:
    jj91w wrote:
    I realy dont think its slipping in in ratings scandals. I mean 1 Disney never ever really prmoted that ep and 2nd it was leacked on to youtube in Feaburay.
    If you're talking about that specific episode; that came out almost exactly a week after the Vanity Fair story broke. If you're talking as a whole, I agree Miley's "extracurricular activites", if you will, are not the only cause. Other likely reasons I feel included the fact that Disney overpromoted the show so much there may have been a bit of general Hannah-fatigue. Combine that with the fact only three new episodes have aired in the U.S., and we're just starting the month of June now (the 2nd season I believe had long since finished filming), and you're right. There are plenty of stuff you could blame the decline on.

What episode are you talking about?

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

ycc1988

[122]Jun 4, 2008
    • level: 20
    How many episodes ahead is the UK? As long as the UK is ahead, US rating will suffer. And yes, Miley's "extracurriculars" will hurt the show, and so will the over-exposure. As Jackson himself once said, "When is this not on?!"

(Regarding the quote, I think a show has really jumped the shark when they start poking fun at themselves.)

AndreaMSkate

[123]Jun 4, 2008
    • level: 49
    kikimarie593 wrote:
    Nature9000 wrote:
    kikimarie593 wrote:

I love Hannah Montana, but I am really disappointed in how the characters have completely changed personalities since the first season. They're nothing like they were when the show first started. Miley used to be a total country girl, but now she is definitely a city girl. All of the other characters have changed their personalities, too. I just hope that doesn't happen on iCarly.

Personalities actually change over time, so that makes more sense. Time goes on, people who lived in the country but live in the city will grow used to the city and turn into that. Speaking from a sociologists perspective, I would say that's what the writers tried to do. Times change, and so do people, they grow up...

I know people change, but I still like their old personalities better.

That BETTER NOT happen on iCarly! I wouldn't be able to stand it...I love them as they are now.

Gryffindorkish

[124]Jun 4, 2008
    • level: 4
    AndreaMSkate wrote:
    kikimarie593 wrote:
    Nature9000 wrote:
    kikimarie593 wrote:

I love Hannah Montana, but I am really disappointed in how the characters have completely changed personalities since the first season. They're nothing like they were when the show first started. Miley used to be a total country girl, but now she is definitely a city girl. All of the other characters have changed their personalities, too. I just hope that doesn't happen on iCarly.

Personalities actually change over time, so that makes more sense. Time goes on, people who lived in the country but live in the city will grow used to the city and turn into that. Speaking from a sociologists perspective, I would say that's what the writers tried to do. Times change, and so do people, they grow up...

That BETTER NOT happen on iCarly! I wouldn't be able to stand it...I love them as they are now.

Yeah, that would suck but I have faith in the writers. Plus characters do change over time; they evolve as characters the same we do as people. And as the writesr become more familiar with thier own characters they will have new ideas of how they will handle the growth and which direction that growth will take them in. But I think generally we have nothing to worry about, the writers know what they're doing and I think that ultimately any if any changes in characterization are done they will be done so in a smooth manner, and will show character growth and development. Sorry if that made no sense at all.

Nature9000

[126]Jun 4, 2008
    • level: 9
    Gryffindorkish wrote:
    AndreaMSkate wrote:
    kikimarie593 wrote:
    Nature9000 wrote:
    kikimarie593 wrote:

Yeah, that would suck but I have faith in the writers. Plus characters do change over time; they evolve as characters the same we do as people. And as the writesr become more familiar with thier own characters they will have new ideas of how they will handle the growth and which direction that growth will take them in. But I think generally we have nothing to worry about, the writers know what they're doing and I think that ultimately any if any changes in characterization are done they will be done so in a smooth manner, and will show character growth and development. Sorry if that made no sense at all.

It made sense to me, I'm a writer myself and the characters I have, I try to keep them the same. Of course there are ALWAYS going to be those very subtle changes in the characters as they grow.

Hopefully with iCarly, they won't change as drastically as Hannah Montana, lately it seems that it's become all about Miley and she seems sort of self-centered. I don't think that will happen with Carly in iCarly though. If it does, it will lose a lot of fans, and I don't think the writer is going to risk that.

missyera

[127]Jun 4, 2008
    • level: 8
    iskabibble07 wrote:

WAVY10 wrote:
    missyera wrote:
    When i think about it again, i think i enjoy both shows equally. But when HM finishes showing all its episodes (three more left), I'm glad that icarly will still be showing more episodes. I hope.
    I think there's supposed to be a 3rd season for HM, but between the movie version they're supposed to be filming and DC execs nervously worrying about any other possible Miley shenanigans; I'm guessing they're going to play a wait-and-see game with any further episodes after those three close out a VERY long Season 2.

HM seems to be already slipping in the ratings after the last round of scandals. And even die hard fans are remarking the show seems to have jumped the shark. The kids are looking pretty old to be doing the "tweens living the dream" shtick. And with Miley coming off tour a very wealthy girl with her queen of the world crown on her head, hard to see her dragging through a long and embarrassing third season. But who knows, officially the third season is on track along with the movie, an autobiography, a clothing and fragrance line and who knows, maybe the vice presidency if there is good money in it. At least if McCain picked MIley for VP, there would be someone to look at when they both were on stage campaigning together LOL

Sorry for backtracking, but lolz, that's funny. I agree though. It seems that she's got so many things lined-up, i wouldn't be surprised if she even tried for presidency and could actually WIN. Haha..

Anyways, i think the main reason why HM is slipping in the ratings is fairly due to the fact that other countries have already aired first months ahead of the US, thus, people would have gotten to watch them in one way or another. Her recent scandals could only be partially blamed, but not that much since most of the younger audiences are still oblivious to her online dramas, particularly since parent's curb their surfing online.

I do find iCarly particularly violent though...well, violent for young kids in a way that even though there's adult on the show, the adults doesn't seem to provide any supervision. For example, all the "smashing things" segment and even the "hammer" wheel that Spencer created. They even played with fire and you even saw Sam handling a LARGE KNIFE when slicing the Ham in the kitchen, and no one mentioned anything when she carefreely swing it loosely. Not that i really mind, but i find that it might be slightly too violent for little kids, but i do think that iCarly is a great show though.

zulaz

[128]Jun 4, 2008
    • level: 13
    missyera wrote:
    iskabibble07 wrote:

WAVY10 wrote:
    missyera wrote:
    When i think about it again, i think i enjoy both shows equally. But when HM finishes showing all its episodes (three more left), I'm glad that icarly will still be showing more episodes. I hope.
    I think there's supposed to be a 3rd season for HM, but between the movie version they're supposed to be filming and DC execs nervously worrying about any other possible Miley shenanigans; I'm guessing they're going to play a wait-and-see game with any further episodes after those three close out a VERY long Season 2.

HM seems to be already slipping in the ratings after the last round of scandals. And even die hard fans are remarking the show seems to have jumped the shark. The kids are looking pretty old to be doing the "tweens living the dream" shtick. And with Miley coming off tour a very wealthy girl with her queen of the world crown on her head, hard to see her dragging through a long and embarrassing third season. But who knows, officially the third season is on track along with the movie, an autobiography, a clothing and fragrance line and who knows, maybe the vice presidency if there is good money in it. At least if McCain picked MIley for VP, there would be someone to look at when they both were on stage campaigning together LOL

Sorry for backtracking, but lolz, that's funny. I agree though. It seems that she's got so many things lined-up, i wouldn't be surprised if she even tried for presidency and could actually WIN. Haha..

Anyways, i think the main reason why HM is slipping in the ratings is fairly due to the fact that other countries have already aired first months ahead of the US, thus, people would have gotten to watch them in one way or another. Her recent scandals could only be partially blamed, but not that much since most of the younger audiences are still oblivious to her online dramas, particularly since parent's curb their surfing online.

I do find iCarly particularly violent though...well, violent for young kids in a way that even though there's adult on the show, the adults doesn't seem to provide any supervision. For example, all the "smashing things" segment and even the "hammer" wheel that Spencer created. They even played with fire and you even saw Sam handling a LARGE KNIFE when slicing the Ham in the kitchen, and no one mentioned anything when she carefreely swing it loosely. Not that i really mind, but i find that it might be slightly too violent for little kids, but i do think that iCarly is a great show though.

little kids can handle the violence. i mean, all of the little kids i know watch teenick and adult shows. even i did when i was 5 years old lol!.

WAVY10

[129]Jun 5, 2008
    • level: 8
    kikimarie593 wrote:

WAVY10 wrote:
    jj91w wrote:
    I realy dont think its slipping in in ratings scandals. I mean 1 Disney never ever really prmoted that ep and 2nd it was leacked on to youtube in Feaburay.
    If you're talking about that specific episode; that came out almost exactly a week after the Vanity Fair story broke. If you're talking as a whole, I agree Miley's "extracurricular activites", if you will, are not the only cause. Other likely reasons I feel included the fact that Disney overpromoted the show so much there may have been a bit of general Hannah-fatigue. Combine that with the fact only three new episodes have aired in the U.S., and we're just starting the month of June now (the 2nd season I believe had long since finished filming), and you're right. There are plenty of stuff you could blame the decline on.

The Way We Almost Weren't

kikimarie593

[130]Jun 5, 2008
    WAVY10 wrote:
    kikimarie593 wrote:

WAVY10 wrote:
    jj91w wrote:

I think that was probably the worst episode this season. iCarly hasn't had any bad episodes yet. Most shows have at least one episode I don't like, but not iCarly.

iskabibble07

[134]Jun 5, 2008
    • level: 13
    [QUOTE="kikimarie593"]
    WAVY10 wrote:
    kikimarie593 wrote:

WAVY10 wrote:

I think that was probably the worst episode this season. iCarly hasn't had any bad episodes yet. Most shows have at least one episode I don't like, but not iCarly.

The writers of ICarly, the cheif of whom is Schneider make sure there are certain consistent elements of each show. We almost always see all 4 central characters for most of the show. The show is about them for the most part and there are small amounts of character development each show too which keeps us chattering on here. The humor is consistently high quality and they have done a great job of making us love these 4 people and they protect our feelings for them by not eliminating anyone (like how they reduced Oliver in HM) or changing anybody (Miley getting more self centered). That makes us want to see them each week and over and over in reruns. No, I agree, not a bad show yet. My least favorite was the one with the biggest fan because she dominated the show too much but otherwise, I like them all the same which is a lot!

kikimarie593

[135]Jun 5, 2008
    [QUOTE="iskabibble07"]
    kikimarie593 wrote:
    WAVY10 wrote:
    kikimarie593 wrote:

WAVY10 wrote:

The writers of ICarly, the cheif of whom is Schneider make sure there are certain consistent elements of each show. We almost always see all 4 central characters for most of the show. The show is about them for the most part and there are small amounts of character development each show too which keeps us chattering on here. The humor is consistently high quality and they have done a great job of making us love these 4 people and they protect our feelings for them by not eliminating anyone (like how they reduced Oliver in HM) or changing anybody (Miley getting more self centered). That makes us want to see them each week and over and over in reruns. No, I agree, not a bad show yet. My least favorite was the one with the biggest fan because she dominated the show too much but otherwise, I like them all the same which is a lot!

I really like iam your biggest fan. I think that was actually one of the best episodes. It was so funny!

leeseygirl

[136]Jun 5, 2008
    • level: 46

Joe Jonas (who guest starred on Hannah Montana) watch iCarly!!!!

See Sam and Carly on the TV?

Click here if you can't see it. (its not THAT much better, but a little bit)

crzza

[137]Jun 5, 2008
    leeseygirl wrote:

Wow, iC has more fans than I thought.....

dudette2018

[138]Jun 5, 2008
    • level: 17
    crzza wrote:
    leeseygirl wrote:

LOL! It looks like his eyes are glued to the TV! He must be into it.

crzza

[139]Jun 6, 2008
    dudette2018 wrote:
    crzza wrote:
    leeseygirl wrote:

LOL! It looks like his eyes are glued to the TV! He must be into it.

Or maybe his eyes really ARE glued to the TV....

Doodles9

[140]Jun 8, 2008
    • level: 7
    Hannah Montana is a horrible show. I hope it gets canceled. iCarly, however, is an excellent show.