We're moving Forums to the Community pages. Click here for more information and updates.

iCarly Forums

Nickelodeon (ended 2012)

Official iCarly and Disney Shows Discussion

Collegebound06

[81]May 22, 2008
    • level: 32
    lol..thats cute
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

AndreaMSkate

[82]May 22, 2008
    • level: 49

Nature9000 wrote:
    Go ahead and do it. They might be interested to hear what you have to say, I'm sure you wouldn't be the first editor to go to them with complaints about another board. If you do go to them, they may listen and consider everything, I don't think it's a TOS violation to post games. At least not in any forum I've ever been to.

Here's the reply I got:

"Hi there,

Usually in cases like this, the moderators go with the discretion of the Editor of the show guide, and whether the rules they set out for the forum allow for off-topic threads like game threads. Technically, any off-topic threads (threads which do not directly discuss the show in question) aren't allowed, but generally there's some leeway (one or two off-topic threads) if the editor wants it, so the moderators wouldn't step in and close the thread.

If the game thread was closed, and the person reported, then one can assume that the editor might have thought the person was violating the rules they set up for the forum, and the moderator agreed."

So I guess it's all about the discretion of the editor. As far as my two forums are concerned, I don't see anything wrong with game threads, as long as it's no more than 2-3 active ones at a time and I certainly don't consider it to be off topic.

Edited on 05/22/2008 8:52pm

Nature9000

[83]May 22, 2008
    • level: 9
    Interesting, well now we know.

AndreaMSkate

[84]May 23, 2008
    Nature9000 wrote:
    Interesting, well now we know.

Yeah. So anyways...I don't watch HM very often so I doubt I'll be on this thread that much. HM just didn't suck me in the same way iC did the very first time I watched it.

starryeyed15

[85]May 23, 2008
    • level: 7

I can't stand the editor over at the HM boards. Isn't the point of forums supposed to encourage debate and discussion? Not just 899999 posts of OMG I LUV MILEY? Oh, and one thing that bugged me was that he deleted the How old Jason Earles thread is.(Along with another billion threads no doubt) I mean seriously. And atleast give a reason when the thread is locked.

But about iCarly and HM. I think I prefer HM sightly more because of my obsession of L/O. Some of their interactions are too funny for words. They are a class act. And of course Miley, Jackson and Rico are always fun to watch. The only person on that show that is just plain boring, dumb, and pointless, is Robbie. Seriously. He can't act. And I hate when he makes jokes. As for iCarly, I love the chemistry between the cast. They seem to be closer then HM. I can actually picture them as one big family, whereas with HM, it's just actors playing one on tv.

Edited on 05/23/2008 12:25am

AndreaMSkate

[86]May 23, 2008
    starryeyed15 wrote:

As for iCarly, I love the chemistry between the cast. They seem to be closer then HM. I can actually picture them as one big family, whereas with HM, it's just actors playing one on tv.

Agreed completely.

And I think we should move away from discussing HM's editor on here. Thanks.

Collegebound06

[87]May 23, 2008
    yeah the characters do have better chemistry on icarly

iskabibble07

[88]May 23, 2008
    • level: 13

Collegebound06 wrote:
    yeah the characters do have better chemistry on icarly
    Totally. The dialog is an good example. Some of the exchanges are fast paced and tight where each character is bouncing short lines off of each other. Yet the show is relaxed and has a feel of four kids fooling around. So they either are very well rehearsed or that kind of dialog just comes naturally to them becuase of their great chemistry.

hehehe church pants. I still love that line and I don't know why.

Collegebound06

[89]May 24, 2008
    i totally agree

iskabibble07

[90]May 30, 2008
    AndreaMSkate wrote:

Nature9000 wrote:
    Go ahead and do it. They might be interested to hear what you have to say, I'm sure you wouldn't be the first editor to go to them with complaints about another board. If you do go to them, they may listen and consider everything, I don't think it's a TOS violation to post games. At least not in any forum I've ever been to.

Here's the reply I got:

"Hi there,

Usually in cases like this, the moderators go with the discretion of the Editor of the show guide, and whether the rules they set out for the forum allow for off-topic threads like game threads. Technically, any off-topic threads (threads which do not directly discuss the show in question) aren't allowed, but generally there's some leeway (one or two off-topic threads) if the editor wants it, so the moderators wouldn't step in and close the thread.

If the game thread was closed, and the person reported, then one can assume that the editor might have thought the person was violating the rules they set up for the forum, and the moderator agreed."

So I guess it's all about the discretion of the editor. As far as my two forums are concerned, I don't see anything wrong with game threads, as long as it's no more than 2-3 active ones at a time and I certainly don't consider it to be off topic.

I guess as long as they are happy with running off all of their posters, its all good. Meanwhile we have a good moderator here that isn't running anybody off. Thank you Andrea! You are appreciated

Nature9000

[91]May 30, 2008
    • level: 9
    :

I guess as long as they are happy with running off all of their posters, its all good. Meanwhile we have a good moderator here that isn't running anybody off. Thank you Andrea! You are appreciated

I second that notion.

Camy99

[92]May 30, 2008
    • level: 7
    missyera wrote:
    WAVY10 wrote:
    iskabibble07 wrote:
    blazingstone wrote:

I really like iCarly, but... Hannah Montana fer sher.

I've fallen in love with the characters on HM. I'm addicted and hopelessly devoted, and my love for the actors grows along with these scandals since I feel more compelled to defend them.

I do like iCarly's humor - it's blunt and sarcastic and Spencer (he deserves his own category xD). But the characters... well, they're great actors and all, but I don't like their posture. lol. Otherwise, I really like this show. It's rather entertaining.

But, yeah. Still Hannah xD

Its great to have various views and for you to express your devotion over here on the ICarly board. I was a pretty hard core HM fan too but things bugged me. Miley seemed be snooty and self involved. I adored Emily Mitchell and Jason and still do and I always felt the show was strong based on group comedy with the kids at the center, not just being a show about adoring Miley.

Her relationship with her dad always creeped me out and the more photos I see like the one in Vogue only makes me more creeped out. HM would have been a better show without Billie Ray on camera at all.

I think a lot of the new and excited ICarly fans are HM refugees. ICarly has that freshness, good humor and cuteness that is what made HM great. But HM became too dominated by redneck comedy tour humor and has been adults filling up the epis and pushing out the kids. That is why I am now a die hard ICarly fan and would not watch an HM epi for good pay.

Same thing with me. On the HM board, there was a discussion about the most recent episode, and just for suggesting the "possibility" (probable reason is more accurate) that the whole Miley picture scandals may have scared some parents, to be sure, off. What do I get...that message got removed.

Also am another HM refugee.

Hahaha...all HM refugees should unite and do something about the editor over there. He's too controlling, and its like they're trying to subdue our freedom of speech...or rather freedom of discussion. SHeesh.

So, for now, I think iCarly is right up there side by side with HM for me, but HM appeals to me only because there's Lilly and Oliver in the episodes. If there's not much of these two characters in the episode plots, most likely, I won't be watching it.

Yea, same here. iCarly is really entertaining, and I adore Spencer!! HM is still an interesting show, even though the humor's going downhill, and lately the only reason I watch it is for Lilly and Oliver...so BOTH

missyera

[93]May 31, 2008
    • level: 8
    When i think about it again, i think i enjoy both shows equally. But when HM finishes showing all its episodes (three more left), I'm glad that icarly will still be showing more episodes. I hope.

Gander119

[94]May 31, 2008
    • level: 11
    kikimarie593 wrote:

Gander119 wrote:
    Exactly.I got two TOS violations.Each time I went there.One for saying an episode was on youtube,and one for something stupid,like thread bumping I think it was.

I got one for thread bumping, too. Can the people over there be anymore unfair?!

No!They just can't!

crzza

[95]May 31, 2008
    Gander119 wrote:
    kikimarie593 wrote:

Gander119 wrote:
    Exactly.I got two TOS violations.Each time I went there.One for saying an episode was on youtube,and one for something stupid,like thread bumping I think it was.

I got one for thread bumping, too. Can the people over there be anymore unfair?!

No!They just can't!
    I got one too. I have no idea what that means.

iskabibble07

[96]May 31, 2008
    crzza wrote:
    Gander119 wrote:
    kikimarie593 wrote:

Gander119 wrote:

No!They just can't!

I have a theory what thread bumping might be and maybe Andrea can help us out with this. I have every so often found a thread I like that has drifted to page 2 or 3 on the list because it hasnt been posted to. So I post to it so it will come back to page one and get attetion again. I guess if that is a sin, then I "bumped" the thread. Another form of it might be if there is a thread you hate, you could go down to threads before them and post to them so that they go to page 1 and the thread you hate slowly is pushed off of page 1 of the threads. Its just a theory.

ger5632

[97]May 31, 2008
    • level: 24

The editor of Hannah Montana is probably because he thinks that his like superior(sorry if i spelled it wrongly) over the most watched TV show in the history of Disney 21st century. anyway, iCarly rocks way better than Hannah Montana. I mean i honestly think that Nick's jokes are better than Disney's. Their actors are more natural but not the singers. By the way, whose richer? Nick or Disney.

iskabibble07

[98]May 31, 2008
    ger5632 wrote:

The editor of Hannah Montana is probably because he thinks that his like superior(sorry if i spelled it wrongly) over the most watched TV show in the history of Disney 21st century. anyway, iCarly rocks way better than Hannah Montana. I mean i honestly think that Nick's jokes are better than Disney's. Their actors are more natural but not the singers. By the way, whose richer? Nick or Disney.

I get the impression you agree with the editor of the HM boards and he is superior because he is over the board for "the most watched TV show in the history of mankind" or something like that. Maybe we should all feel grateful that he even lets us read his very special boards much less be granted the honor of placing a post over there. Well meanwhile this most watched TV show of all time had a 28% drop in viewership after the picture scandals hit. So yeah, if he is superior and only very special ones are allowed to post there, fine, I am quite content posting here without all that attitude.

Meanwhile ICarly is not a show based on Carly being musical so whether the performers are capable musicians isn't that important. And whether Disney is richer is no indication of quality. Hugh Hefner is richer than both of them selling smut. That doesn't make him a better person to make shows for teenagers.

Edited on 05/31/2008 11:06am

zulaz

[99]May 31, 2008
    but i've read that iCarly is in the top 5 on television? since ALOT of people watch it.

AndreaMSkate

[100]May 31, 2008
    iskabibble07 wrote:
    crzza wrote:
    Gander119 wrote:
    kikimarie593 wrote:

Gander119 wrote:

No!They just can't!

I have a theory what thread bumping might be and maybe Andrea can help us out with this. I have every so often found a thread I like that has drifted to page 2 or 3 on the list because it hasnt been posted to. So I post to it so it will come back to page one and get attetion again. I guess if that is a sin, then I "bumped" the thread. Another form of it might be if there is a thread you hate, you could go down to threads before them and post to them so that they go to page 1 and the thread you hate slowly is pushed off of page 1 of the threads. Its just a theory.

Right. That's exactly what it is. I actually didn't know myself what it was until recently.

But let's refrain from discussing the HM editor please. Thank you.

Edited on 05/31/2008 1:35pm