We're moving Forums to the Community pages. Click here for more information and updates.

Avatar: The Last Airbender Forums

Nickelodeon (ended 2008)

Official Character Relationship Discussion 4

Sokka ship?

titiembe

[121]Feb 18, 2008
    • level: 44
    ozai890 wrote:
    titiembe wrote:
    ozai890 wrote:
    Chris142857 wrote:

ozai890 wrote:
    Taang is nasty. Who agrees?!

As a Kataang fan, I still think it makes more sense than Zutara.

I meant to say Tokka. Zutara makes sense. I actually think Katara will die at the end of the show. Zutara does make sense. Aang is not 13 years old yet. And don't say that "age is just a number", because it's more than a number. Kataang is like saying it's okay to have a 112 year old date a 14 year old. Oh, wait, that is Kataang.

Sorry friend but I have to disagree. Although I am not that into the show like I used to be(dang, I got reported like so many times for saying I ship kataang on this board). Anywayz, Aang's maturity hasn't hit the 112 mark yet, so it would be reasonable for Kataang to happen. Zutara doesn't make sense. You don't have any proof. And if Katara does die, how will any shipping happen at all? ... also, age isn't a huge obstacle. Quite a few adults I know are ten years apart age wise, and I find it offensive for someone to think that the power of love would be hindered by... age. But it's just a show so yeaa.
    For the tenth time, this is a kid's TV show. Zutara can happen. Even that if they show no affection to each other now, anything could happen. The show is unpredictable. I don't think a kid's TV show would have a young boy have a relationship with an older girl. Zutara makes more sense age wise. A 12 and 14 year old couple or a 14 and 16 year old makes more sense. The age of 13 seperates a lot. The best possible ship to happen right now is...none.

a KIDS show wouldnt confuse 7 year olds by first letting them watch aang and katara kiss and show obvious signs of a relationship and then suddenly zuko and katara come back. a minor age gap verses losing viewers because of confusion.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

AnimeAngel90

[122]Feb 18, 2008
    • level: 8
    titiembe wrote:
    ozai890 wrote:
    titiembe wrote:
    ozai890 wrote:
    Chris142857 wrote:

ozai890 wrote:

I meant to say Tokka. Zutara makes sense. I actually think Katara will die at the end of the show. Zutara does make sense. Aang is not 13 years old yet. And don't say that "age is just a number", because it's more than a number. Kataang is like saying it's okay to have a 112 year old date a 14 year old. Oh, wait, that is Kataang.

Sorry friend but I have to disagree. Although I am not that into the show like I used to be(dang, I got reported like so many times for saying I ship kataang on this board). Anywayz, Aang's maturity hasn't hit the 112 mark yet, so it would be reasonable for Kataang to happen. Zutara doesn't make sense. You don't have any proof. And if Katara does die, how will any shipping happen at all? ... also, age isn't a huge obstacle. Quite a few adults I know are ten years apart age wise, and I find it offensive for someone to think that the power of love would be hindered by... age. But it's just a show so yeaa.
    For the tenth time, this is a kid's TV show. Zutara can happen. Even that if they show no affection to each other now, anything could happen. The show is unpredictable. I don't think a kid's TV show would have a young boy have a relationship with an older girl. Zutara makes more sense age wise. A 12 and 14 year old couple or a 14 and 16 year old makes more sense. The age of 13 seperates a lot. The best possible ship to happen right now is...none.

a KIDS show wouldnt confuse 7 year olds by first letting them watch aang and katara kiss and show obvious signs of a relationship and then suddenly zuko and katara come back. a minor age gap verses losing viewers because of confusion.

True, but this KIDS show has done a lot of foreshadowing for Zutara. Think about it - if the creators supposedly aren't influenced by their fan base, why the Zutara in the chibi shorts? If the creators think Zutara is a complete joke, why do they emphasise Katara's feelings towards Zuko? (i.e. why is her hatred emphasised? And why is it never (for example) Sokka shut up with Zuko or whatever?) And why the emphasis on Yin/Yang, and basically Katara and Zuko's relationship in general (i.e. why does he let his enemy in (telling her about his mother) but not friendly people like Song or Jin?)

Also, if the creators wanted Kataang, why have they not shown any indication of Katara having romantic feelings for Aang? If she did, she would probably be too shy to hug/kiss him, and saying she was jealous of Coco etc doesn't work either (like everyday people, she could just be jealous that her best friend was "leaving her" for another friend). They've had two and a half seasons to show something more concrete than friendship from her side, so I don't think it will happen in the end. But that's just my opinion.

Spike815

[123]Feb 18, 2008
    • level: 14
    AnimeAngel90 wrote:
    titiembe wrote:
    ozai890 wrote:
    titiembe wrote:
    ozai890 wrote:
    Chris142857 wrote:

ozai890 wrote:

True, but this KIDS show has done a lot of foreshadowing for Zutara. Think about it - if the creators supposedly aren't influenced by their fan base, why the Zutara in the chibi shorts? If the creators think Zutara is a complete joke, why do they emphasise Katara's feelings towards Zuko? (i.e. why is her hatred emphasised? And why is it never (for example) Sokka shut up with Zuko or whatever?) And why the emphasis on Yin/Yang, and basically Katara and Zuko's relationship in general (i.e. why does he let his enemy in (telling her about his mother) but not friendly people like Song or Jin?)

Also, if the creators wanted Kataang, why have they not shown any indication of Katara having romantic feelings for Aang? If she did, she would probably be too shy to hug/kiss him, and saying she was jealous of Coco etc doesn't work either (like everyday people, she could just be jealous that her best friend was "leaving her" for another friend). They've had two and a half seasons to show something more concrete than friendship from her side, so I don't think it will happen in the end. But that's just my opinion.

Did you honestly just use the chibi shorts to back up Zutara.

And your "foreshadowing", your just applying random themes to Zutara. Yin/Yang could just as easily be used as evidence for Sokka and Azula. Why focus on Azula messing with Sokka unless she loved him.

And for the lack of evidence from Katara, well it wouldn't be much of a victory for Aang if him and Katara started dating in episode 2. The hero is supposed to get the girl in the end.

Spacerac

[124]Feb 18, 2008
    • level: 15
    Spike815 wrote:
    AnimeAngel90 wrote:
    titiembe wrote:
    ozai890 wrote:
    titiembe wrote:
    ozai890 wrote:
    Chris142857 wrote:

ozai890 wrote:

Did you honestly just use the chibi shorts to back up Zutara.

And your "foreshadowing", your just applying random themes to Zutara. Yin/Yang could just as easily be used as evidence for Sokka and Azula. Why focus on Azula messing with Sokka unless she loved him.

And for the lack of evidence from Katara, well it wouldn't be much of a victory for Aang if him and Katara started dating in episode 2. The hero is supposed to get the girl in the end.
    The chibi shorts are fanservice, as stated by the co creators themselves. Also, Zuko was still transforming when he met Song and Jin, and Katara's confession in the cave w as the trigger/straw that broke the camel's back/somebody please fix this post with a better metaphor.

Jancro-Liva

[125]Feb 18, 2008

Aang's response to Zutara...

MaiAndZuko4eva

[126]Feb 18, 2008
    • level: 12
    Jancro-Liva wrote:

The objection thing...reminds me of someone...

Spike815

[127]Feb 18, 2008
    MaiAndZuko4eva wrote:
    Jancro-Liva wrote:

Zuko?

(Also his reaction to Zutara)

PheElyForEva223

[128]Feb 18, 2008

AnimeAngel90 wrote:
    titiembe wrote:
    ozai890 wrote:
    titiembe wrote:
    ozai890 wrote:
    Chris142857 wrote:

ozai890 wrote:

True, but this KIDS show has done a lot of foreshadowing for Zutara. Think about it - if the creators supposedly aren't influenced by their fan base, why the Zutara in the chibi shorts? If the creators think Zutara is a complete joke, why do they emphasise Katara's feelings towards Zuko? (i.e. why is her hatred emphasised? And why is it never (for example) Sokka shut up with Zuko or whatever?) And why the emphasis on Yin/Yang, and basically Katara and Zuko's relationship in general (i.e. why does he let his enemy in (telling her about his mother) but not friendly people like Song or Jin?) Also, if the creators wanted Kataang, why have they not shown any indication of Katara having romantic feelings for Aang? If she did, she would probably be too shy to hug/kiss him, and saying she was jealous of Coco etc doesn't work either (like everyday people, she could just be jealous that her best friend was "leaving her" for another friend). They've had two and a half seasons to show something more concrete than friendship from her side, so I don't think it will happen in the end. But that's just my opinion.

If by foreshadowing you mean one pity chat in an underground cave or whatever, stealing a necklace that's very special to someone, a threat to kill, and an obsession with chasing down the gaang in order to 'capture the Avatar and restore ones honor' for two seasons straight, then yes, Zutara has had a ton of foreshadowing. If by foreshadowing you mean hints just big enough to pick up but not big enough to ruin the whole plot, obvious feelings and not-so-discreet public displays of affection, then sorry out of luck, but that is definitely not what's happening with Zutara.

The only smidgen of proof that could push Zutara forward the slightest bit, proof that someone could actually make a case with (not: they were both looking at point 'A' in episode 'B', scene 'C' at the same time) was in CoD. And the writers were quick to shut that one down. It'd be ridiculous to, after everything that has happened between Zuko and Katara (which is pretty much nothing) and all that has happened between Aang and Katara, especially Aang's feelings for Katara, put her together with Zuko in the end. No matter which way you swing it, it just wouldn't make any sense.

Sorry, just wanted to add in my two-cents.

Jancro-Liva

[129]Feb 18, 2008
    Spike815 wrote:
    MaiAndZuko4eva wrote:
    Jancro-Liva wrote:

Zuko? (Also his reaction to Zutara)

lawl

WiseLad

[130]Feb 18, 2008

even Mai got into action about Zutara (Just Kidding Avrura)

Spacerac

[131]Feb 18, 2008
    PheElyForEva223 wrote:

AnimeAngel90 wrote:
    titiembe wrote:
    ozai890 wrote:
    titiembe wrote:
    ozai890 wrote:
    Chris142857 wrote:

ozai890 wrote:

True, but this KIDS show has done a lot of foreshadowing for Zutara. Think about it - if the creators supposedly aren't influenced by their fan base, why the Zutara in the chibi shorts? If the creators think Zutara is a complete joke, why do they emphasise Katara's feelings towards Zuko? (i.e. why is her hatred emphasised? And why is it never (for example) Sokka shut up with Zuko or whatever?) And why the emphasis on Yin/Yang, and basically Katara and Zuko's relationship in general (i.e. why does he let his enemy in (telling her about his mother) but not friendly people like Song or Jin?) Also, if the creators wanted Kataang, why have they not shown any indication of Katara having romantic feelings for Aang? If she did, she would probably be too shy to hug/kiss him, and saying she was jealous of Coco etc doesn't work either (like everyday people, she could just be jealous that her best friend was "leaving her" for another friend). They've had two and a half seasons to show something more concrete than friendship from her side, so I don't think it will happen in the end. But that's just my opinion.

If by foreshadowing you mean one pity chat in an underground cave or whatever, stealing a necklace that's very special to someone, a threat to kill, and an obsession with chasing down the gaang in order to 'capture the Avatar and restore ones honor' for two seasons straight, then yes, Zutara has had a ton of foreshadowing. If by foreshadowing you mean hints just big enough to pick up but not big enough to ruin the whole plot, obvious feelings and not-so-discreet public displays of affection, then sorry out of luck, but that is definitely not what's happening with Zutara.

The only smidgen of proof that could push Zutara forward the slightest bit, proof that someone could actually make a case with (not: they were both looking at point 'A' in episode 'B', scene 'C' at the same time) was in CoD. And the writers were quick to shut that one down. It'd be ridiculous to, after everything that has happened between Zuko and Katara (which is pretty much nothing) and all that has happened between Aang and Katara, especially Aang's feelings for Katara, put her together with Zuko in the end. No matter which way you swing it, it just wouldn't make any sense.

Sorry, just wanted to add in my two-cents.

That's a whole doller.

da1ginhero

[132]Feb 19, 2008
    • level: 3

HI I KNOW THIS IS RANDOM,IM NEW AND SOO I DONT KNOW THAT MUCH BUT WHO WOULD BE MEAN TO SAY LIKE''OH TAANG SUX,OR KATAANG SUX''WHEN THEY DONT,TRUE PPL HAVE DIFFERENT OPINIONS ON SHIPPINGS.FOR ME ITS TAANG TYLOKKA TOKKA TYLUKO YUOKKA AND ZUTARA...I SAY ITS SAD THAT PEOPLE PUT THEM DOWN EVEN WHEN THEY DONT KNOW WHY PEOPLE LIKE THEM.I LIKE THEM BCUZ MANY OF THE CHARACTERS REMIND ME LIFE ISNT SOO BAD.SO IF YOU WANT PEOPLE TO NOT SAY OH "ZUTARA SUX" THEN DONT CRITICISE THEM FOR LIKING SOMETHING.WED ALL BE BORING IF WE LIKED THE SAME THINGSS....OH AND BTW ZUTARA DOESNT SUCK,ITS AWESOME AND IF PPLDONT LIKE IT THEN I DONT GIVE A FUDGEMUFFIN....OK WHAT WAS I TALKING ABOUT ????-ERR YEAH IM REALLY RANDOM c:

AnimeAngel90

[133]Feb 19, 2008
    I'd quote that, but the capslock is annoying, lol.

I agree with you though - its annoying when people just basj a ship because its not theirs. I mean, I try really really hard not to bash Kataang because its obivous where you guys are coming from and all (and I apologise if I do seem to be bashing it sometimes) and it would be nice if more people would return the courtesy towards Zutarians.

I'm not saying all Kataangers are evil and bash us all the time (because seriously, most of you are decent people ) but those that do senselessly bash or just enjoy destroying all our arguments/proof/evidence, just try to be a bit more respectful. It would be a nice change, and would make Avatar a lot more enjoyable if we weren't having full-out wars over the ships every 5 seconds

*adds some more money to the topic (as I think that's more than 2 cents worth )*

Spacerac

[134]Feb 19, 2008

AnimeAngel90 wrote:
    I'm not saying all Kataangers are evil and bash us all the time (because seriously, most of you are decent people ) but those 1.that do senselessly bash or 2.just enjoy destroying all our arguments/proof/evidence, just try to be a bit more respectful.
    I don't do the 1st, but unfortunately, the 2nd is too much fun.

Anyway, getting into Zoey 101 recently (blame the Avatar drought for me getting into chick-flick-type shows), there's this boy on that show named Chase who has puppy loved Zoey since the first episode. The show had been hinting towards a Zoey/Chase relationship for three Seasons and Zoey/Chase happened in the season 4 premier. It was a long distance relationship though, so they both decided to see other people. In the next 2 or 3 episodes, a boy named James was introduced and at the end of the SAME episode Zoey and James kissed, making Zoey/James happen. If you go to their (Zoey 101) forums you'll see the reaction to this relationship that just came up and out the blue, and it seems quite analogous to two certain ships for a certain show. Except Avatar would never pull something out like that.

Edited on 02/19/2008 9:23am

ozai890

[135]Feb 19, 2008
    • level: 28
    Hmm. I should invent a ship, for once. Jing Dumi. King Bumi/Joo Dee. Both...are psycho.

momothelemur

[136]Feb 19, 2008
    • level: 13

Spacerac wrote:

Except Avatar would never pull something out like that.

I'd laugh if it did now

And I think that Ozai890's's (although he hates being called 'Ozai' ) post made sense. He wasn't saying that the chibi shorts are evidence for Zutara, he was just questioning that the creators are never influenced by the fanbase, despite having made references both in the series and in the little shorts (although this can be taken either way, as I'm sure some of the Kataang hints can).

Edit: just to be clear, I was talking about the Jing Dumi post, I was talking about the one he wrote before

Edited on 02/19/2008 1:17pm
    Edited 2 total times.

avrurakinninami

[137]Feb 19, 2008
    • level: 21

WiseLad wrote:
    even Mai got into action about Zutara (Just Kidding Avrura)
    Actually, I dont have anything against Ty-lokka ( Ty Lee/Sokka )

Btw, I wasnt here for a long time.

Spacerac

[138]Feb 19, 2008

How about this non-canonical Avatar character for Aang, huh?

tomtitan

[139]Feb 19, 2008
    • level: 19
    Spacerac wrote:

How about this non-canonical Avatar character for Aang, huh?

w00t! ships involving main characters and non-canon characters FTW!

WikiTiki

[140]Feb 19, 2008
    • level: 6
    da1ginhero wrote:

HI I KNOW THIS IS RANDOM,IM NEW AND SOO I DONT KNOW THAT MUCH BUT WHO WOULD BE MEAN TO SAY LIKE''OH TAANG SUX,OR KATAANG SUX''WHEN THEY DONT,TRUE PPL HAVE DIFFERENT OPINIONS ON SHIPPINGS.FOR ME ITS TAANG TYLOKKA TOKKA TYLUKO YUOKKA AND ZUTARA...I SAY ITS SAD THAT PEOPLE PUT THEM DOWN EVEN WHEN THEY DONT KNOW WHY PEOPLE LIKE THEM.I LIKE THEM BCUZ MANY OF THE CHARACTERS REMIND ME LIFE ISNT SOO BAD.SO IF YOU WANT PEOPLE TO NOT SAY OH "ZUTARA SUX" THEN DONT CRITICISE THEM FOR LIKING SOMETHING.WED ALL BE BORING IF WE LIKED THE SAME THINGSS....OH AND BTW ZUTARA DOESNT SUCK,ITS AWESOME AND IF PPLDONT LIKE IT THEN I DONT GIVE A FUDGEMUFFIN....OK WHAT WAS I TALKING ABOUT ????-ERR YEAH IM REALLY RANDOM c:

First of all, WHY ARE YOU YELLING?

Second, I agree... if I read your post correctly.

Edited on 02/19/2008 2:49pm