We're moving Forums to the Community pages. Click here for more information and updates.

Avatar: The Last Airbender Forums

Nickelodeon (ended 2008)

Official Character Relationship Discussion 4

Sokka ship?

tomtitan

[181]Feb 20, 2008
    • level: 19
    momothelemur wrote:
    tomtitan wrote:
    momothelemur wrote:
    Spacerac wrote:
    tomtitan wrote:
    Spacerac wrote:
    momothelemur wrote:

snowprincess456 wrote:
    Jancro-Liva wrote:
    It really does since those other things with katara and aang were motherly...

Shh! Don't you know that all Zutarians are delusional idiots? You should know by now that you're not allowed to voice your opinions!

(sorry guys, but calling people who like the idea of two particular cartoon characters getting together 'delusional' isn't very nice. It's called freedom of speech. Deal with it.)

*waits to get flamed*

so, it's a battle of sarcasm is it? it's on. *all by me.
    yeah they need to be bigger so we can enjoy the lolarity.
    fix'd.

The last Zutara one (with the pic from WAT) I really don't get. Yeah, you have the 'mother' bit in sarcastic quotation marks, but it's still true in my opinion. Also, what's wrong with sexual tension between teenagers? ... Y'know, that question is probably the reason that Britain has the highest teen pregnancy rate in Europe

i prefer to blame the media industry, the lack of education into such matters and teh social state of the country for that particular statistic.

Plus there are a lot of slags in Britain

But yeah, I agree with you. Apparently the Government are going to introduce Sex Education to nine year olds. I mean, that's like what...Year Four, Year Five?

it's not like they don't know!
    and although that slag comment is slightly harsh, it's also very true!
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

momothelemur

[182]Feb 20, 2008
    • level: 13

tomtitan wrote:
    momothelemur wrote:

But yeah, I agree with you. Apparently the Government are going to introduce Sex Education to nine year olds. I mean, that's like what...Year Four, Year Five?

it's not like they don't know! and although that slag comment is slightly harsh, it's also very true!

What can I say, I'm in a harsh mood

I think nine year olds should focus on being nine year olds. There's plenty of time to be a teenage mum.

Aaaanyway, back on Avatar:

...nope, I got nothing. Someone go back on-topic

Spacerac

[183]Feb 20, 2008
    • level: 15
    momothelemur wrote:

tomtitan wrote:
    momothelemur wrote:

it's not like they don't know! and although that slag comment is slightly harsh, it's also very true!

I think nine year olds should focus on being nine year olds. There's plenty of time to be a teenage mum.

Back off topic again. What's a "slag"? someone /my u.s. ignorance of britain words.

tomtitan

[184]Feb 20, 2008
    momothelemur wrote:

tomtitan wrote:
    momothelemur wrote:

opinions on my new sig?

momothelemur

[185]Feb 20, 2008
    Spacerac wrote:
    momothelemur wrote:

tomtitan wrote:
    momothelemur wrote:

Back off topic again. What's a "slag"? someone /my u.s. ignorance of britain words.

Slag is someone (usually used to describe a female) who sleeps around a lot.

And tomtitan, I was admiring your sig before, it's awesome!

tomtitan

[186]Feb 20, 2008
    momothelemur wrote:
    Spacerac wrote:
    momothelemur wrote:

tomtitan wrote:
    momothelemur wrote:

that's the nice way of saying a total $1ut.
    and thanks! it is awesome!

momothelemur

[187]Feb 20, 2008
    tomtitan wrote:
    momothelemur wrote:
    Spacerac wrote:
    momothelemur wrote:

tomtitan wrote:
    momothelemur wrote:

that's the nice way of saying a total $1ut. and thanks! it is awesome!

Well, what do you know, my harsh mood is gone

Spacerac

[188]Feb 20, 2008
    momothelemur wrote:
    tomtitan wrote:
    momothelemur wrote:
    Spacerac wrote:
    momothelemur wrote:

tomtitan wrote:
    momothelemur wrote:

that's the nice way of saying a total $1ut. and thanks! it is awesome!

Well, what do you know, my harsh mood is gone

wow, where I come from we say ho, whore, slut, or prostitute. Though of course males that do the same are pimps.

Chris142857

[189]Feb 20, 2008
    • level: 3

LOL, those pics are utter win. Though, technically, shouldn't they be in the Kataang vs. Zutara thread?

snowprincess456

[190]Feb 20, 2008
    Chris142857 wrote:

LOL, those pics are utter win. Though, technically, shouldn't they be in the Kataang vs. Zutara thread?

but this thread pwns all because it is pinned...plus The OFFICIAL RELATIONSHIP Discussion...

Spacerac

[192]Feb 20, 2008
    [QUOTE="rawles"] ...Zuko Is Highly Disinclined to Fall in Love with Katara, Thank You Very Much 1) She is not Mai. 2) She hates his guts. 3) She threatened to kill him over another guy. 4) She probably would. 5) Contrary to what bad anime, romcoms, and/or soapy romance melodrama would have you believe, the previous three items are not actually attractive. 6) She's self-righteous and judgmental. 7) She's also really bossy and overbearing. Contary to what Avatar's aggressively nonsensical fandom would have you believe, the previous two sets of traits neither mesh well with or are liable to be appreciated by someone both proud and oversensitive like Zuko. 9) Zuko, while not the sharpest tool in the shed, is not actually stupid enough not to understand how trying to mack on the Avatar's One True Love would be really detrimental to his training and befriending the Avatar. You know, his repeatedly stated DESTINY that it brought him peace and joy to finally fulfill? Until #3 happened anyway... 9a) Relatedly...she's kind of a buzzkill. 10) She's still not Mai. This gets to be here twice because it is clearly the greatest failing any girl can have when it comes to winning Zuko's affections and, ironically, the one most ignored!

Quite expectedly, in the wake of The Western Air Temple, Zutarians around the internets rejoiced! For Zuko and Katara were finally in proximity to each other and that was certainly much more satisfactory than the first half of the season, during which Zuko's most frequent location was "on top of Mai."

Of course, as is the wont of this fandom, this resulted in people getting carried away, slapping on those good old Opposite Glasses and deciding that Zuko and Katara being in a scene together, no matter the actual content of the scene, means that THEY WILL INEVITABLY FALL IN LOVE 4EVA.

In response to this, various people began to list once more all the many and varied reasons that Katara will never fall for Zuko. This is totally valid. Katara certainly will never fall for Zuko. But there was something missing from this conversation. Just as I had, in my long sordid history in Avatar fandom debate and discussion, noticed it being missing before.

Zutara-detractors tend to go on and on and on about all the reasons Katara would never be into Zuko, but everyone ignores the other half of the story. People tend to just take for granted in these hypothetical discussions that Zuko would be into Katara, which is a supposition just as inexplicable (if not more so!) than the opposite.

While many fans (myself included) love Katara, and Aang is certainly all over that, she is by no means a universally irresistible catch. So, I felt, in the interest of fairness, it was time for an exploration (albeit brief, sardonic, and in list format) of why Zuko is not at all in the market for a piece of 14-year-old Water Tribe ass. ("Katara would totes NEVER put out," almost made the list, but I like round numbers.)

Spacerac

[193]Feb 20, 2008
    (cont)
    And so... yeah. Zuko's not into Katara. Zuko will never be into her.

Then there's Katara. Just to be even, let's talk about 10 reasons why Katara will never, ever fall in love with Zuko: 1) He is not Aang. 2) He is an angry jerk. 3) He is an insecure dweeb with no social skills, and certainly no game. 4) He has too many flaws, too many ways in which he needs to grow. Katara is a judgmental, unrelenting idealist. "Jet" showed that she can be attracted to the dashing, heroic type, and she believed the best in him, but the minute he showed darkness in his soul, showing that he was not the dashing, heroic type but the bad boy type instead, she felt intensely betrayed. He was not actually the guy she got a crush on, but a monster in her eyes. Bye-bye romantic feelings! He failed and she held a grudge against him that she may have never quite completely let go. That kind of unrelenting idealism is just one reason why Aang is so good for her: his ridiculously pure soul is just about the only one good enough for her ridiculously high standards. 5) He is too thin-skinned and proud to handle her bossy, overbearing motherliness. Result: resistance, frustration, temper. 6) He's emo and mopes around and scowls a lot. 7) He takes everything so seriously. He just doesn't have any characteristics she would find attractive in a guy. Who do you think she is, Mai?! Mai loves him incredibly much, but she's drawn to a different kind of guy than Katara is. 9) In a relationship, he's a jealous, insecure, possessive freak. 10) He's still not Aang.

And again, that list is far from being exhaustive. There is no reason to think she would ever, ever be attracted to him, even if she wasn't attracted to the Avatar.

I seriously can't hardly think of two main or secondary characters that would be less likely to be romantically attracted to each other than Zuko and Katara... even if they didn't have their actual love interests.

tomtitan

[194]Feb 21, 2008
    great points spacerac, that rawles is a genius!

the one thing i never understood about zutara, from the moment i first heard about it from that youtube vid title 'zutara-zuko and katara, two lovers' is why people think zuko and katara should get together.

Cathers05

[195]Feb 21, 2008
    • level: 5

tomtitan wrote:
    great points spacerac, that rawles is a genius! the one thing i never understood about zutara, from the moment i first heard about it from that youtube vid title 'zutara-zuko and katara, two lovers' is why people think zuko and katara should get together.

1.quoted for truth.

2.if i hadn't heard about on the net i never would of thought poeople could actually think they would get together. i dont think ill ever understand this ship.

3. great new sig tomtitan.

tomtitan

[196]Feb 21, 2008
    Cathers05 wrote:

tomtitan wrote:
    great points spacerac, that rawles is a genius! the one thing i never understood about zutara, from the moment i first heard about it from that youtube vid title 'zutara-zuko and katara, two lovers' is why people think zuko and katara should get together.

1.quoted for truth.

2.if i hadn't heard about on the net i never would of thought poeople could actually think they would get together. i dont think ill ever understand this ship.

3. great new sig tomtitan.

1. agreed
    2. i feel exactly the same
    3. i no rite?

DanSandwichBoy

[197]Feb 21, 2008
    • level: 16
    What do you think the chances are that Toph's parents will accept her as is by the end of the series?

Murellus

[198]Feb 21, 2008
    • level: 9

DanSandwichBoy wrote:
    What do you think the chances are that Toph's parents will accept her as is by the end of the series?

That's a plot element that needs to be addressed before the end of Avatar because we've never head anything on the letter to her parents mentioned in the Runaway.

Spacerac

[199]Feb 21, 2008
    Murellus wrote:

DanSandwichBoy wrote:

That's a plot element that needs to be addressed before the end of Avatar because we've never head anything on the letter to her parents mentioned in the Runaway.

Chances are that Toph's mom has been crying her eyes out every night.

Murellus

[200]Feb 21, 2008
    • level: 9

Post #200 deserves special attention:

Spread the luv!