We're moving Forums to the Community pages. Click here for more information and updates.

Avatar: The Last Airbender Forums

Nickelodeon (ended 2008)

Official Character Relationship Discussion 4

Sokka ship?

Psyche987

[101]Feb 18, 2008
    • level: 8
    The problem I think with relationships is Zuko. Such a character should've deserved a more steamy love affair than that boring Maiko. I'm pretty much Zutarian, though I realize there are only eight eps left and it's hardly possible for them to fall in love now. But still.....I feel so sorry for Zuko not starting off a more steamy relationship with someone this season. Maybe he could've found Jin back? Atleast someone he just met. I don't hear bells when hearing Maiko, I hear a requiem lmao.
    Edited on 02/18/2008 2:27pm
    Edited 2 total times.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

pure5gold

[102]Feb 18, 2008
    • level: 3
    Psyche987 wrote:
    The problem I think with relationships is Zuko. Such a character should've deserved a more steamy love affair than that boring Maiko. I'm pretty much Zutarian, though I realize there are only eight eps left and it's hardly possible for them to fall in love now. But still.....I feel so sorry for Zuko not starting off a more steamy relationship with someone this season. Maybe he could've found Jin back? Atleast someone he just met. I don't hear bells when hearing Maiko, I hear a requiem lmao.

I agree. I can't stand Mai, she is just not right for Zuko. Besides Zutara, the only other Zuko ship is support is SongxZuko.

Psyche987

[103]Feb 18, 2008

I hope Kagome finds a new well towards avatar dimension to leave InuYasha and try for Zuko -sparkle-

Edited on 02/18/2008 2:50pm

_Nalesnik_

[104]Feb 18, 2008
    • level: 12
    why does Zuko even need someone? what I mean is...

*gets pelted by rocks*

pure5gold

[105]Feb 18, 2008
    Psyche987 wrote:

I hope Kagome finds a new well towards avatar dimension to leave InuYasha and try for Zuko -sparkle-

LOl yeah I could go for that. I used to like InuYasha... but now he is just annoying. Kagome is way to good for him.

Spike815

[106]Feb 18, 2008
    • level: 14
    Zuharu 4ever!

pure5gold

[107]Feb 18, 2008
    _Nalesnik_ wrote:
    why does Zuko even need someone? what I mean is...

*gets pelted by rocks*

Actually even that would be better than Maiko!

pure5gold

[108]Feb 18, 2008
    Spike815 wrote:
    Zuharu 4ever!

Man... the mere mention of Haru turns my stomach.

pure5gold

[109]Feb 18, 2008
    BTW. Which two characters do you think will make the best "Bad Ass" couple.

My choice: Azula x June

Psyche987

[110]Feb 18, 2008

pure5gold wrote:
    _Nalesnik_ wrote:
    why does Zuko even need someone? what I mean is... *gets pelted by rocks*

I definately agree! Maiko is the terrible proof of writers hooking up characters too carelessly. I can repeat this over and over again: If Maiko was executed in a different way, I MIGHT have approved. But as it has been now, I call it an ultimate disaster in animationhistory.

Psyche987

[111]Feb 18, 2008

pure5gold wrote:
    BTW. Which two characters do you think will make the best "Bad Ass" couple. My choice: Azula x June

Nah. Azula is a freelancer, a bountyhunter, and she lives how she wants. She's no ones boss, but she definately leads her own life. Azula is an organized controlfreak. I think these characters would pull each others hairs out.

Edited on 02/18/2008 3:22pm

Psyche987

[112]Feb 18, 2008
    pure5gold wrote:
    Psyche987 wrote:

LOl yeah I could go for that. I used to like InuYasha... but now he is just annoying. Kagome is way to good for him.

InuYasha's problem is Kikyo and too farstretched episodes I think.

Spike815

[113]Feb 18, 2008
    • level: 14
    Psyche987 wrote:

pure5gold wrote:
    _Nalesnik_ wrote:

I definately agree! Maiko is the terrible proof of writers hooking up characters too carelessly. I can repeat this over and over again: If Maiko was executed in a different way, I MIGHT have approved. But as it has been now, I call it an ultimate disaster in animationhistory.

Any reason you hate it with such passion?

_Nalesnik_

[114]Feb 18, 2008
    • level: 12
    Psyche987 wrote:

pure5gold wrote:
    _Nalesnik_ wrote:

the writers should have cut out episodes like "the painted lady", "nightmares and daydreams" and the beach, and wrote new episodes that expanded the whole Maiko fiasco, and showed them fall in love with each other and junk. And then inserted those episodes at the start of S3.

Psyche987

[115]Feb 18, 2008
    _Nalesnik_ wrote:
    Psyche987 wrote:

pure5gold wrote:
    _Nalesnik_ wrote:

the writers should have cut out episodes like "the painted lady", "nightmares and daydreams" and the beach, and wrote new episodes that expanded the whole Maiko fiasco, and showed them fall in love with each other and junk. And then inserted those episodes at the start of S3.

I definately agree here. Then in that case for example in episodes like the awakening a slightly awkward comfort from Mai (instead of that relentless kiss). In the painted lady and the beach Mai trying to confess some feelings for Zuko (Zuko being dense or something) and then the two having some awkward bickering (I just love when lovers bicker). Maybe round the end of the beach a kiss...ofcourse in DOBS this being a dramatic element because Zuko decides to leave.

Edited on 02/18/2008 3:30pm

zuko_261

[116]Feb 18, 2008
    • level: 5
    Psyche987 wrote:
    _Nalesnik_ wrote:
    Psyche987 wrote:

pure5gold wrote:
    _Nalesnik_ wrote:

I definately agree here. Then in that case for example in episodes like the awakening a slightly awkward comfort from Mai (instead of that relentless kiss). In the painted lady and the beach Mai trying to confess some feelings for Zuko (Zuko being dense or something) and then the two having some awkward bickering (I just love when lovers bicker). Maybe round the end of the beach a kiss...ofcourse in DOBS this being a dramatic element because Zuko decides to leave.

but the painted lady episode was just a waste to me.

pure5gold

[117]Feb 18, 2008
    Psyche987 wrote:

pure5gold wrote:
    BTW. Which two characters do you think will make the best "Bad Ass" couple. My choice: Azula x June

Nah. Azula is a freelancer, a bountyhunter, and she lives how she wants. She's no ones boss, but she definately leads her own life. Azula is an organized controlfreak. I think these characters would pull each others hairs out.

I just think they will be well off together because they will amuse each other. Since each get pleasures out of the same thing.

pure5gold

[118]Feb 18, 2008
    Psyche987 wrote:
    pure5gold wrote:
    Psyche987 wrote:

InuYasha's problem is Kikyo and too farstretched episodes I think.

Tell me about it...*sighs*

zuko_261

[119]Feb 18, 2008
    • level: 5
    pure5gold wrote:
    Psyche987 wrote:

pure5gold wrote:

I just think they will be well off together because they will amuse each other. Since each get pleasures out of the same thing.

wait who is june? is that the girl with the smelling animal?

Shaolina23

[120]Feb 18, 2008
    • level: 6
    _Nalesnik_ wrote:
    Psyche987 wrote:

pure5gold wrote:
    _Nalesnik_ wrote:

Agreed (except nightmares and daydreams, I actually liked that one because it made Aang more human in my eyes). I kinda like the idea of Maiko if Zuko must absolutely end with somebody because no matter how much of a dweeb Zuko is he's his own man and the star of his own story. He has his own goal, his own dreams, his own hopes. His life is parallel to Aang's and it connects at certain points, but it is still a life way appart from Aang. So he deserves his own lady too, instead of taking what's from Aang. I'm pretty sure Maiko was planned close to when they decided to create Azula and it was good, but I would have showed it a little better. Like a flashback of Mai and Zuko as kids with them interacting alone (swan-swan style would have been cute) and maybe a better insight to Mai. At the end she was showing more emotion for Zuko's sake, but that should have been a little earlier. I understand Mai's social-awkwardness problems and how Zuko can drag Mai out of her shell, but we should have seen it sooner. We still have time until she betrays Azula for Zuko. And yes, my money's on that because if I'm certain is that Mai's not fond of Azula and she's just waiting for the right time to stick the knife in Azula's back.