We're moving Forums to the Community pages. Click here for more information and updates.

Avatar: The Last Airbender Forums

Nickelodeon (ended 2008)

Official Character Relationship Discussion 4

Sokka ship?

derkins83

[61]Feb 17, 2008
    • level: 3
    Bumoph is going to win the shipping war. Mentally, Toph and Bumi are like the same age.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

snowprincess456

[62]Feb 17, 2008
    • level: 15
    derkins83 wrote:
    Bumoph is going to win the shipping war. Mentally, Toph and Bumi are like the same age.

Actually..I think toph might be older..

the1stavatar

[63]Feb 17, 2008
    • level: 7
    Tokka 4 The Win!

ozai890

[65]Feb 17, 2008
    • level: 28
    the1stavatar wrote:
    Tokka 4 The Win!
    Tokka...is gross.

Spacerac

[66]Feb 17, 2008
    ozai890 wrote:
    the1stavatar wrote:
    Tokka 4 The Win!
    Tokka...is cute.
    fix'd.

ozai890

[67]Feb 17, 2008
    Spacerac wrote:
    ozai890 wrote:
    the1stavatar wrote:
    Tokka 4 The Win!
    Tokka...is gross.
    fixed.
    It is fixed now. So you're saying a 16 year old and a 12 year old is cute?! *throws up* If Tokka happens...I will support Kataang. I don't think Aang or Toph should belong with anybody. Taang is "okay". I don't have anything against it. I would prefer for them two to stay single. Even that my parents are 6 years apart, a 16 year old and a 12 year old is "cute" in your opinions?! I think it's gross.

Spacerac

[68]Feb 17, 2008
    ozai890 wrote:
    Spacerac wrote:
    ozai890 wrote:
    the1stavatar wrote:
    Tokka 4 The Win!
    Tokka...is gross.
    fixed.
    It is fixed now. So you're saying a 16 year old and a 12 year old is cute?! *throws up* If Tokka happens...I will support Kataang. I don't think Aang or Toph should belong with anybody. Taang is "okay". I don't have anything against it. I would prefer for them two to stay single. Even that my parents are 6 years apart, a 16 year old and a 12 year old is "cute" in your opinions?! I think it's gross.
    I'm saying that Toph's rush on Sokka is cute. Since her's and Sokka's age difference is bigger than Kataang's though, she either has to reach or get closer to 13 and besides, the Avatar world doesn't operate on our world's social taboos. For all we know a 16 year old got married to a 30 year old in their world.

MarryLarry

[69]Feb 17, 2008
    • level: 11

Spacerac wrote:
    ozai890 wrote:
    Spacerac wrote:
    ozai890 wrote:
    the1stavatar wrote:
    Tokka 4 The Win!
    Tokka...is gross.
    fixed.
    I'm saying that Toph's rush on Sokka is cute. Since her's and Sokka's age difference is bigger than Kataang's though, she either has to reach or get closer to 13 and besides, the Avatar world doesn't operate on our world's social taboos. For all we know a 16 year old got married to a 30 year old in their world.

It seems in your rush you misspelled crush.

tvcrazy12

[70]Feb 17, 2008
    • level: 16
    ozai890 wrote:
    Spacerac wrote:
    ozai890 wrote:
    the1stavatar wrote:
    Tokka 4 The Win!
    Tokka...is gross.
    fixed.
    sokka's really 16... i thought he was 15 or 14

Spike815

[71]Feb 17, 2008
    • level: 14
    tvcrazy12 wrote:
    ozai890 wrote:
    Spacerac wrote:
    ozai890 wrote:
    the1stavatar wrote:
    Tokka 4 The Win!
    Tokka...is gross.
    fixed.

Sokka is 15.

tvcrazy12

[72]Feb 17, 2008
    • level: 16
    Spike815 wrote:
    tvcrazy12 wrote:
    ozai890 wrote:
    Spacerac wrote:
    ozai890 wrote:
    the1stavatar wrote:
    Tokka 4 The Win!
    Tokka...is gross.
    fixed.

Sokka is 15.
    how old is katara?

Spacerac

[73]Feb 17, 2008
    MarryLarry wrote:

Spacerac wrote:
    ozai890 wrote:
    Spacerac wrote:
    ozai890 wrote:
    the1stavatar wrote:
    Tokka 4 The Win!
    Tokka...is gross.
    fixed.
    I'm saying that Toph's crush on Sokka is cute. Since her's and Sokka's age difference is bigger than Kataang's though, she either has to reach or get closer to 13 and besides, the Avatar world doesn't operate on our world's social taboos. For all we know a 16 year old got married to a 30 year old in their world.

It seems in your rush you misspelled crush.

If you think hard enough it could work both ways

Spike815

[74]Feb 17, 2008
    tvcrazy12 wrote:
    Spike815 wrote:
    tvcrazy12 wrote:
    ozai890 wrote:
    Spacerac wrote:
    ozai890 wrote:
    the1stavatar wrote:
    Tokka 4 The Win!
    Tokka...is gross.
    fixed.

Sokka is 15.
    how old is katara?

Katara is 14.

Spacerac

[75]Feb 17, 2008
    tvcrazy12 wrote:
    Spike815 wrote:
    tvcrazy12 wrote:
    ozai890 wrote:
    Spacerac wrote:
    ozai890 wrote:
    the1stavatar wrote:
    Tokka 4 The Win!
    Tokka...is gross.
    fixed.

Sokka is 15.
    how old is katara?
    14 as stated in releases. Her age was never mentioned on the show. The only persons' age alluded to in the actual show is Aang's.

Spacerac

[76]Feb 17, 2008
    Spike815 wrote:
    Katara is 14.
    darn my slow interwebs and penchant for going into detail.

ozai890

[77]Feb 17, 2008
    Spacerac wrote:
    ozai890 wrote:
    Spacerac wrote:
    ozai890 wrote:
    the1stavatar wrote:
    Tokka 4 The Win!
    Tokka...is gross.
    fixed.
    I agree on you with the Tokka thing. You're right about the 16 and 30 year old thing! I can't think of any in the Avatar world, but definately in the real world!

Spacerac

[78]Feb 17, 2008
    ozai890 wrote:
    Spacerac wrote:
    ozai890 wrote:
    Spacerac wrote:
    ozai890 wrote:
    the1stavatar wrote:
    Tokka 4 The Win!
    Tokka...is gross.
    fixed.
    I agree on you with the Tokka thing. You're right about the 16 and 30 year old thing! I can't think of any in the Avatar world, but definately in the real world!
    Thanks. See, Kataangs and Zutaras CAN get along It's just not as much fun though

shadowysea07

[79]Feb 17, 2008
    • level: 25
    junroh has more sex appeal unless you compare it to zazula and katokka

WiseLad

[80]Feb 17, 2008

people seem to

1- compare their ages to the CURRENT world thinking

the world of the 4 nations is not like our world, and they don't have kids having to stay at school till at least 17(high school) and maybe a few years more in college, and we have kids that are ON THEIR OWN, none of them older than 16, without any adult supervision, traveling around the world without anyone calling "social services", the closest to that was when Aang was called to go to school at the headband episode, and THAT WAS ONLY because he was wearing the uniform

2- put their relantionships in the context of marriage or "making out" right now

almost all of them if not all are not ready in the sense of being of a marriageable age which is at a minimum 16(established with Yue in the last 3 episodes of book 1)

George close but not cigar, Sokka is 15, Suki is unknown, some say 15, other say 16

Maizu very close as Zuko is 16 but Mai is almost 16

Zutara not ready, as Zuko is 16 and katara 14

Kataang not ready as Aang is 12 and Katara 14

Tokka not ready as Sokka is 15 and toph is 12

Taang not ready as both Aang and Toph are 12

Yuekka close, as Yue was 16 and Sokka is 15

Ty Lee is 15 or 14

Azula is for sure 14, maybe 15

Haru is unknown, but most probably 16 or 15, otherwise we talking him being the eldest of the current Gaang

the Duke is 8

Teo is 13

Jet was somewhere between 14 and 16

most minor characters are at most 16 but they seem to be 1 or 2 yrs younger(Jin, Song), sometimes clearly younger(as Meng and On Ji)

Aang at 20 and Katara at 22 (8 yrs in the future)would be ok to get married, and so would be Toph at 18 and Sokka at 21 (6 years in the future) or Zuko at 20 and Katara at 18 (4 years in the future) or Zuko at 19 and Mai at 18 (3 years in the future)

being GF and BF are not the same as Engaged

BTW

On Ji is either 12 or 13, (same class as Kuzon Fire) and has a boyfriend (Hide who is probably 14 or 15), that cancels the thinking of 12/13 being too young to have a relationship, and AT LEAST puts the stamp of approval if Toph ends with either Zuko or Sokka(for those who think the man HAS TO BE THE ELDEST )