We're moving Forums to the Community pages. Click here for more information and updates.

Avatar: The Last Airbender Forums

Nickelodeon (ended 2008)

Official Character Relationship Discussion 4

Sokka ship?

thefireman43

[41]Feb 16, 2008
    • level: 11
    whatever I'll just leave my mark in this thread too. zutara pwns
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

WaterLily16

[42]Feb 16, 2008
    • level: 6

IMO:

I think as far as Mai is concerned, she has to really fight for Zuko if Maiko is going to survive. I can see two sides to Zuko's leave: either Zuko placed his feelings second to his more important commitments (helping Aang), or his feelings for Mai were never strong enough to compete with his prior commitments. If Zuko belongs with Mai, she will have to show him he is worth going after. This is Mai's test because everything prior has been given to her. Otherwise, Maiko's done in my eyes.

Katara and Aang are not a couple at this point in time. Katara has yet to verbalize what her feelings are for Aang. Until she actually says something, no one can say they are together. We can say they have shared "moments", but neither of the two have discussed their kiss or their relationship yet. Whatever the case maybe, I'm betting Katara does not want to distract Aang from his duties, and that being said, they will most likely leave our answer to the shipping question a mystery until the very end. Plus, spoiling the main pairing outcome before the end would kind of ruin part of the storyline.

I do have a question though. Anyone else wondering why Katara and Aang aren't acting a bit awkward around eachother? Maybe they both haven't been thinking about the kiss but still... wouldn't it leave for some weird, mixed feelings, especially since there was no closure? I'm not saying this from a Zutarian standpoint; I'm just wondering it in general.

WiseLad

[43]Feb 16, 2008
    • level: 14
    avrurakinninami wrote:
    WaterLily16 wrote:
    avrurakinninami wrote:
    WiseLad wrote:

highlord can change the poll tomorrow to

Kataang is highly likely, and it will happen

Kataang is highly likely, but somehow Zutara will happen

Kataang is highly likely, but I don't want to guess what the creators decide

Are you kidding me In every choice, it seems that you see only Kataang and you're supposed to be neutral, Pfffffft

Everybody calm down.

I cant take it anymore from this guy, He keeps saying that Kataang will most likely happen, even after that ambiguous kiss, or with the fact that she never truly answer the same way toward Aang. So, we already know what happen between them, its just that the balance is more on Zutara right now and how they will interact.
    first of all, my post was a joke about how one sided his poll was, and how he could possibly make it "seem" more open, yet keep his strong view toward one side.

and yes, right now Kataang is more likely because all the "open" evidence points toward Kataang, and in addition the Maizu ship has not been closed

but even thought there is only very few episodes left till the finale, if Mike and Bryan WANT ZUTARA TO HAPPEN, they have enough hidden "RAW" materials that can be used to Construct a good foundation for Zutara. and if they do that, I would support Zutara

the ones I feel sorry for is both Toph and Ty Lee.

Almost Everyone see them as the "failsafe" alternative if the "more obvious" ship doesn't happen. or don't want "the obvious ship" to happen

IF Suki has died or will die, than they want Sokka to be with Toph or Ty Lee

IF Kataang doesn't happen, than they want Aang to be with Toph or Ty Lee

IF People hate Mai, and Kataang happens, than they want Zuko to be with Toph or Ty Lee

WiseLad

[44]Feb 16, 2008
    WaterLily16 wrote:

IMO:

I think as far as Mai is concerned, she has to really fight for Zuko if Maiko is going to survive. I can see two sides to Zuko's leave: either Zuko placed his feelings second to his more important commitments (helping Aang), or his feelings for Mai were never strong enough to compete with his prior commitments. If Zuko belongs with Mai, she will have to show him he is worth going after. This is Mai's test because everything prior has been given to her. Otherwise, Maiko's done in my eyes.

Katara and Aang are not a couple at this point in time. Katara has yet to verbalize what her feelings are for Aang. Until she actually says something, no one can say they are together. We can say they have shared "moments", but neither of the two have discussed their kiss or their relationship yet. Whatever the case maybe, I'm betting Katara does not want to distract Aang from his duties, and that being said, they will most likely leave our answer to the shipping question a mystery until the very end. Plus, spoiling the main pairing outcome before the end would kind of ruin part of the storyline.

I do have a question though. Anyone else wondering why Katara and Aang aren't acting a bit awkward around eachother? Maybe they both haven't been thinking about the kiss but still... wouldn't it leave for some weird, mixed feelings, especially since there was no closure? I'm not saying this from a Zutarian standpoint; I'm just wondering it in general.

or is also possible that Mike and Bryan will "reveal" that Aang and Katara had talked each night, but "we never got to see that until the end"

BorderBender

[45]Feb 17, 2008
    • level: 3
    WaterLily16 wrote:

IMO:

...but then again, had it been Zuko who kissed Katara, every Zutara supporter would be ecstatic about it being a "done deal" because of that.

Now it's Aang that finally grew a set and kissed Katara, she was basically left speechless and for some people there still isn't enough "evidence".

I'm kinda new at this, but I do see Zurara supporters grasping at straws for the most part...

momothelemur

[46]Feb 17, 2008
    • level: 13
    BorderBender wrote:
    WaterLily16 wrote:

IMO:

...but then again, had it been Zuko who kissed Katara, every Zutara supporter would be ecstatic about it being a "done deal" because of that. Now it's Aang that finally grew a set and kissed Katara, she was basically left speechless and for some people there still isn't enough "evidence". I'm kinda new at this, but I do see Zurara supporters grasping at straws for the most part...

I understand what you're saying, but I disagree. Not every Zutarian would consider Zutara a done deal if Zuko had kissed Katara. At least, I wouldn't. I'd be happy, but I wouldn't think that they'd stay together forever and ever. The Kataang kiss is somewhat ambiguous, because Katara seemed shocked, and not in a pleasant way. Not to say that she didn't want the kiss, more that she wasn't expecting it. You could put it down to everything that was happening at that moment (with the DoBS and all) but if Katara loved Aang as much as he loved her, then I wouldn't think that she'd be as shocked as she was when he kissed her. Given, it was kind of abrupt, but still.
    I think in the series finale, Katara will kiss Aang, thus sealing Kataang in everyone's eyes. I'd like Zutara to happen because I like the idea of redemption and think that Zuko and Katara match, but if Kataang were to happen then I'd be happy because I have faith that Mike and Bryan will make the moment believable.

ozai890

[47]Feb 17, 2008
    • level: 28
    Okay, even that I usually go on a thread and say "ZUTARA ROCKS" all the time, I really don't think it will happen. I used to support Maizu and Jinko.

Chris142857

[48]Feb 17, 2008
    • level: 3

ozai890 wrote:
    Taang is nasty. Who agrees?!

As a Kataang fan, I still think it makes more sense than Zutara.

Katara wrote:
    You might have everyone else buying your "transformation", but you and I both know you've struggled with doing the right thing in the past. So let me tell you something right now. You make one step backward, one slip up, give me one reason to think you might hurt Aang, and you won't have to worry about your destiny anymore. Because I'll make sure your destiny ends, right then and there. Permanently.

Zutara has no evidence going for it, and plenty against it. At least Taang doesn't have anything going against it other than Kataang itself.

As previously mentioned, Zutara fans are grasping at straws. Name me one thing supporting Zutara in the regular show outside of The Crossroads of Destiny (which to be honest, is all you have), and I'll be surprised.

WaterLily16

[49]Feb 17, 2008
    BorderBender wrote:
    WaterLily16 wrote:

IMO:

...but then again, had it been Zuko who kissed Katara, every Zutara supporter would be ecstatic about it being a "done deal" because of that. Now it's Aang that finally grew a set and kissed Katara, she was basically left speechless and for some people there still isn't enough "evidence". I'm kinda new at this, but I do see Zurara supporters grasping at straws for the most part...

I don't believe I would feel Zutara is a done deal if Zuko kissed Katara. However, I will stop myself before I say so because I have never seen a Zutara kiss, so I cannot confirm how I would react.

Once again, it all comes down to Katara's feelings on the subject. Yes, Katara was speechless, but Zutarian bias aside, I really don't know what to pick up from her reaction. She blushed, so she was most likely embaressed or caught up in a rush of emotion. She also seemed shocked. It can be interpreted several different ways, and I'm not going to say my interpretation is right. The creators left Katara and Aang without closure to hold off the main pairing of the show until the end. When the time is right, they will open up to each other about how they perceive the other.

ozai890

[50]Feb 17, 2008
    Chris142857 wrote:

ozai890 wrote:

I meant to say Tokka. Zutara makes sense. I actually think Katara will die at the end of the show. Zutara does make sense. Aang is not 13 years old yet. And don't say that "age is just a number", because it's more than a number. Kataang is like saying it's okay to have a 112 year old date a 14 year old. Oh, wait, that is Kataang.

titiembe

[51]Feb 17, 2008
    • level: 44
    ozai890 wrote:
    Chris142857 wrote:

ozai890 wrote:

I meant to say Tokka. Zutara makes sense. I actually think Katara will die at the end of the show. Zutara does make sense. Aang is not 13 years old yet. And don't say that "age is just a number", because it's more than a number. Kataang is like saying it's okay to have a 112 year old date a 14 year old. Oh, wait, that is Kataang.

Sorry friend but I have to disagree. Although I am not that into the show like I used to be(dang, I got reported like so many times for saying I ship kataang on this board). Anywayz, Aang's maturity hasn't hit the 112 mark yet, so it would be reasonable for Kataang to happen. Zutara doesn't make sense. You don't have any proof. And if Katara does die, how will any shipping happen at all? ... also, age isn't a huge obstacle. Quite a few adults I know are ten years apart age wise, and I find it offensive for someone to think that the power of love would be hindered by... age. But it's just a show so yeaa.

MaiAndZuko4eva

[52]Feb 17, 2008
    • level: 12

I can see that Zutara has a chance of winning. Zuko needs someone who cares for him, like a mother! Katara being so kind and caring..makes her like a mom. and zuko and Katara have been through losing a mom and they might understand each other. Katara is mature to have zuko. Maby in the first few episodes of zuko joining might not Make Katara feel right. But maby if they have an episode together..like finding his mom,Katara might grow close to him.

Kataang also might happen. when that scene in DOBS between aang and Katara...Katara started explaining of how much aang changed. When aang kissed her she was trying to say something but the kiss just happened like that! The look at Katara's face looked sad...but then after that she looked worried like she didnt know what to do after aang kissed her...or she was worried about what aang said about not coming back. And Katara has known him since he was still learning water,earth,and fire.

Spike815

[53]Feb 17, 2008
    MaiAndZuko4eva wrote:
    I can see that Zutara has a chance of winning. Zuko needs someone who cares for him, like a mother! Katara being so kind and caring..makes her like a mom. and zuko and Katara have been through losing a mom and they might understand each other. Katara is mature to have zuko. Maby in the first few episodes of zuko joining might not Make Katara feel right. But maby if they have an episode together..like finding his mom,Katara might grow close to him.

... Couldn't Zuko's mom be his mother?

MaiAndZuko4eva

[54]Feb 17, 2008
    • level: 12
    Spike815 wrote:
    MaiAndZuko4eva wrote:

... Couldn't Zuko's mom be his mother?

fine mom ,mother!

snowprincess456

[55]Feb 17, 2008
    • level: 15
    Chris142857 wrote:

ozai890 wrote:

Katara wrote:
    You might have everyone else buying your "transformation", but you and I both know you've struggled with doing the right thing in the past. So let me tell you something right now. You make one step backward, one slip up, give me one reason to think you might hurt Aang, and you won't have to worry about your destiny anymore. Because I'll make sure your destiny ends, right then and there. Permanently.

Zutara has no evidence going for it, and plenty against it. At least Taang doesn't have anything going against it other than Kataang itself.

As previously mentioned, Zutara fans are grasping at straws. Name me one thing supporting Zutara in the regular show outside of The Crossroads of Destiny (which to be honest, is all you have), and I'll be surprised.

this really bugs me....us zutarians have already explained why we think what katara said might be evidence of zutara... so why bring it up over and over again when you will always get the same answer...we know what kataangers think and that kataang exists so you don't need to remind us...let have a fresh start and try to keep some peace between zutara and kataang in tis new thread....or atleast until there is a new episode.....sorry this posts stinks...but there is so much I have to say dealing with this issue..but if I make the post way too big..no one will read it...

DanSandwichBoy

[56]Feb 17, 2008
    • level: 16

Here's my take on the possibilities.

KATAANG ENDING
    In the final battle, Aang finally faces off against Ozai. He realizes he must unlock the final charka, but he doesn't want to let go of Katara. But, as they grows, he comes to realize that letting go doesn't mean he has to stop loving her. So, after Aang saves the world from Ozai, his and Katara's relationship starts to grow. Eventually, they marry and have kids. In a bizarre spiritual incident, their kids are thrown through a transdimensional wormhole...

ZUTARA ENDING
    In the final battle, Aang finally faces off against Ozai. He realizes he must unlock the final charka, but he doesn't want to let go of Katara. But, he realizes he has no choice and brings both to the conclusion that they can be friends and that's all. After Aang saves the world from Ozai, Katara begins to see more of Zuko, whom she's become rather close with, and a relationship slowly begins to blossom between them. Meanwhile, Aang realizes only too late that perhaps "letting go" didn't necessarily mean, "stop loving," but he's already lost his feelings for Katara. Upset, he seeks emotional comfort from Toph, and the relationship between them forms. Eventually, in the future, the Zutara and Taang kids become friends. One day, a weird cosmic thing happens and the Kataang kids fall out of the wormhole they fell through. There's shock all around when each explain who their parents are. They soon figure out what it was in each universe that caused who to marry whom, so now the Zutara and Taang kids must help to return the Kataang kids back to their own dimension.

How'd ya' like them apples!? XD

music4life17

[57]Feb 17, 2008
    WaterLily16 wrote:

I really want to see how Zuko redeems himself to Katara, and I do not mean this for Zutarian purposes. I would love to see them team up in the series finale. I hope Zuko and Katara take out Azula. I see that ending as only fitting; they've (Zuko and Katara) fought each other both finales beforehand. Why not team up the last time around?

Amen. I hope that happens at the very least.

music4life17

[58]Feb 17, 2008
    momothelemur wrote:
    BorderBender wrote:
    WaterLily16 wrote:

IMO:

I understand what you're saying, but I disagree. Not every Zutarian would consider Zutara a done deal if Zuko had kissed Katara. At least, I wouldn't. I'd be happy, but I wouldn't think that they'd stay together forever and ever. The Kataang kiss is somewhat ambiguous, because Katara seemed shocked, and not in a pleasant way. Not to say that she didn't want the kiss, more that she wasn't expecting it. You could put it down to everything that was happening at that moment (with the DoBS and all) but if Katara loved Aang as much as he loved her, then I wouldn't think that she'd be as shocked as she was when he kissed her. Given, it was kind of abrupt, but still.
    I think in the series finale, Katara will kiss Aang, thus sealing Kataang in everyone's eyes. I'd like Zutara to happen because I like the idea of redemption and think that Zuko and Katara match, but if Kataang were to happen then I'd be happy because I have faith that Mike and Bryan will make the moment believable.

I deeply agree with both WaterLily16 and momothelemur's comments. Therefore, I have nothing to argue since the aforementioned did it eloquently. ^_^

snowprincess456

[59]Feb 17, 2008
    • level: 15
    DanSandwichBoy wrote:

Here's my take on the possibilities.

KATAANG ENDING
    In the final battle, Aang finally faces off against Ozai. He realizes he must unlock the final charka, but he doesn't want to let go of Katara. But, as they grows, he comes to realize that letting go doesn't mean he has to stop loving her. So, after Aang saves the world from Ozai, his and Katara's relationship starts to grow. Eventually, they marry and have kids. In a bizarre spiritual incident, their kids are thrown through a transdimensional wormhole...

ZUTARA ENDING
    In the final battle, Aang finally faces off against Ozai. He realizes he must unlock the final charka, but he doesn't want to let go of Katara. But, he realizes he has no choice and brings both to the conclusion that they can be friends and that's all. After Aang saves the world from Ozai, Katara begins to see more of Zuko, whom she's become rather close with, and a relationship slowly begins to blossom between them. Meanwhile, Aang realizes only too late that perhaps "letting go" didn't necessarily mean, "stop loving," but he's already lost his feelings for Katara. Upset, he seeks emotional comfort from Toph, and the relationship between them forms. Eventually, in the future, the Zutara and Taang kids become friends. One day, a weird cosmic thing happens and the Kataang kids fall out of the wormhole they fell through. There's shock all around when each explain who their parents are. They soon figure out what it was in each universe that caused who to marry whom, so now the Zutara and Taang kids must help to return the Kataang kids back to their own dimension.

How'd ya' like them apples!? XD

That might be kinda interseting..yet akward..

ozai890

[60]Feb 17, 2008
    titiembe wrote:
    ozai890 wrote:
    Chris142857 wrote:

ozai890 wrote:

Sorry friend but I have to disagree. Although I am not that into the show like I used to be(dang, I got reported like so many times for saying I ship kataang on this board). Anywayz, Aang's maturity hasn't hit the 112 mark yet, so it would be reasonable for Kataang to happen. Zutara doesn't make sense. You don't have any proof. And if Katara does die, how will any shipping happen at all? ... also, age isn't a huge obstacle. Quite a few adults I know are ten years apart age wise, and I find it offensive for someone to think that the power of love would be hindered by... age. But it's just a show so yeaa.
    For the tenth time, this is a kid's TV show. Zutara can happen. Even that if they show no affection to each other now, anything could happen. The show is unpredictable. I don't think a kid's TV show would have a young boy have a relationship with an older girl. Zutara makes more sense age wise. A 12 and 14 year old couple or a 14 and 16 year old makes more sense. The age of 13 seperates a lot. The best possible ship to happen right now is...none.