We're moving Forums to the Community pages. Click here for more information and updates.

Avatar: The Last Airbender Forums

Nickelodeon (ended 2008)

Official Character Relationship Discussion 4

Sokka ship?

Spacerac

[81]Feb 17, 2008
    • level: 15
    Much truth was just spoken.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

BorderBender

[82]Feb 17, 2008
    • level: 3
    ozai890 wrote:
    titiembe wrote:
    ozai890 wrote:
    Chris142857 wrote:

ozai890 wrote:
    Taang is nasty. Who agrees?!

As a Kataang fan, I still think it makes more sense than Zutara.

I meant to say Tokka. Zutara makes sense. I actually think Katara will die at the end of the show. Zutara does make sense. Aang is not 13 years old yet. And don't say that "age is just a number", because it's more than a number. Kataang is like saying it's okay to have a 112 year old date a 14 year old. Oh, wait, that is Kataang.

Sorry friend but I have to disagree. Although I am not that into the show like I used to be(dang, I got reported like so many times for saying I ship kataang on this board). Anywayz, Aang's maturity hasn't hit the 112 mark yet, so it would be reasonable for Kataang to happen. Zutara doesn't make sense. You don't have any proof. And if Katara does die, how will any shipping happen at all? ... also, age isn't a huge obstacle. Quite a few adults I know are ten years apart age wise, and I find it offensive for someone to think that the power of love would be hindered by... age. But it's just a show so yeaa.
    For the tenth time, this is a kid's TV show. Zutara can happen. Even that if they show no affection to each other now, anything could happen. The show is unpredictable. I don't think a kid's TV show would have a young boy have a relationship with an older girl. Zutara makes more sense age wise. A 12 and 14 year old couple or a 14 and 16 year old makes more sense. The age of 13 seperates a lot. The best possible ship to happen right now is...none.

Actually, your reason is for the exact opossite...

It being a kid's show, it does not make sense for them to pretty much waste all the Kataang relationship build-up just to pull a relationship out of thin air during the last 8-9 episodes.

What lesson are you teaching "kids" when the hero of the story fully declares his love for the "main girl" for virtually 3 whole seasons, only to have it shrugged off like something irrelevant in leu of a "redemption" of Zuko??? It just doesn't add up in a "kids show", where supposedly they live "happily ever after".

Zuko can "redeem" himself without having to enter a romantic relationship with Katara. Actually, he's already done--he just needs to seal the deal by helping Aang defeat his own father (Lord Ozai).

Just answer this: Why put all those "irrelevant" moments between Aang and Katara during 3 seasons if during the last 8 or 9 episodes they are going to create a relationship out of nowhere?

Remember, it's a "kids" show, and kids have good memory, but not enough brain power to scheme complex relationships like a grown-up can. It would truly be a let-down if Aang does not end up with Katara.

tomtitan

[83]Feb 18, 2008
    • level: 19
    BorderBender wrote:
    ozai890 wrote:
    titiembe wrote:
    ozai890 wrote:
    Chris142857 wrote:

ozai890 wrote:

I meant to say Tokka. Zutara makes sense. I actually think Katara will die at the end of the show. Zutara does make sense. Aang is not 13 years old yet. And don't say that "age is just a number", because it's more than a number. Kataang is like saying it's okay to have a 112 year old date a 14 year old. Oh, wait, that is Kataang.

Sorry friend but I have to disagree. Although I am not that into the show like I used to be(dang, I got reported like so many times for saying I ship kataang on this board). Anywayz, Aang's maturity hasn't hit the 112 mark yet, so it would be reasonable for Kataang to happen. Zutara doesn't make sense. You don't have any proof. And if Katara does die, how will any shipping happen at all? ... also, age isn't a huge obstacle. Quite a few adults I know are ten years apart age wise, and I find it offensive for someone to think that the power of love would be hindered by... age. But it's just a show so yeaa.
    For the tenth time, this is a kid's TV show. Zutara can happen. Even that if they show no affection to each other now, anything could happen. The show is unpredictable. I don't think a kid's TV show would have a young boy have a relationship with an older girl. Zutara makes more sense age wise. A 12 and 14 year old couple or a 14 and 16 year old makes more sense. The age of 13 seperates a lot. The best possible ship to happen right now is...none.

It being a kid's show, it does not make sense for them to pretty much waste all the Kataang relationship build-up just to pull a relationship out of thin air during the last 8-9 episodes.

What lesson are you teaching "kids" when the hero of the story fully declares his love for the "main girl" for virtually 3 whole seasons, only to have it shrugged off like something irrelevant in leu of a "redemption" of Zuko??? It just doesn't add up in a "kids show", where supposedly they live "happily ever after".

Zuko can "redeem" himself without having to enter a romantic relationship with Katara. Actually, he's already done--he just needs to seal the deal by helping Aang defeat his own father (Lord Ozai).

Just answer this: Why put all those "irrelevant" moments between Aang and Katara during 3 seasons if during the last 8 or 9 episodes they are going to create a relationship out of nowhere?

Remember, it's a "kids" show, and kids have good memory, but not enough brain power to scheme complex relationships like a grown-up can. It would truly be a let-down if Aang does not end up with Katara.
    this.

pure5gold

[84]Feb 18, 2008
    BorderBender wrote:
    ozai890 wrote:
    titiembe wrote:
    ozai890 wrote:
    Chris142857 wrote:

ozai890 wrote:

I will teach kids life is tough... get over it!

Spacerac

[85]Feb 18, 2008
    pure5gold wrote:
    BorderBender wrote:
    ozai890 wrote:
    titiembe wrote:
    ozai890 wrote:
    Chris142857 wrote:

ozai890 wrote:

Actually, your reason is for the exact opossite... It being a kid's show, it does not make sense for them to pretty much waste all the Kataang relationship build-up just to pull a relationship out of thin air during the last 8-9 episodes. What lesson are you teaching "kids" when the hero of the story fully declares his love for the "main girl" for virtually 3 whole seasons, only to have it shrugged off like something irrelevant in leu of a "redemption" of Zuko??? It just doesn't add up in a "kids show", where supposedly they live "happily ever after". Zuko can "redeem" himself without having to enter a romantic relationship with Katara. Actually, he's already done--he just needs to seal the deal by helping Aang defeat his own father (Lord Ozai). Just answer this: Why put all those "irrelevant" moments between Aang and Katara during 3 seasons if during the last 8 or 9 episodes they are going to create a relationship out of nowhere? Remember, it's a "kids" show, and kids have good memory, but not enough brain power to scheme complex relationships like a grown-up can. It would truly be a let-down if Aang does not end up with Katara.
    It will teach kids life is tough... get over it!
    But life had already been tough for Aang. I'm sure the kids learned that lesson after seeing all he's been through, losing his whole race, Appa, failing twice, being betrayed, etc. etc.

Having Katara in his life is one of the main things, if not the only thing that makes it all so much better.

Edited on 02/18/2008 8:16am

ozai890

[86]Feb 18, 2008
    • level: 28
    My prediction at the end of the show:

No ships will happen.

tomtitan

[87]Feb 18, 2008
    ozai890 wrote:

No ships will happen.
    as nice as it would be, the all avatar magazine said one of the ships would happen.

Spacerac

[88]Feb 18, 2008
    Oh yeah, and in the last OCRD (3), I got the 9000 AND 9001th post, so HAH.

tomtitan

[89]Feb 18, 2008
    Spacerac wrote:
    9001th?
    how do you pronounce that?
    nine thousand and oneth?
    lulz.

Spacerac

[90]Feb 18, 2008
    tomtitan wrote:
    Spacerac wrote:
    9001th?
    how do you pronounce that?
    nine thousand and oneth?
    lulz.
    I guess, lol.

Darn my luck, there was something I wanted to say about Aang that I can't remember now.

Amari_07

[91]Feb 18, 2008
    • level: 7
    holy snaps, we're on OCRD 4!? haven't been on here in awhile.....anyhoos, I say Go George! Go Zutara! (hey, a girl can dream, can't she? )

BorderBender

[92]Feb 18, 2008
    pure5gold wrote:

That's what school every day is for!

pure5gold

[93]Feb 18, 2008
    Spacerac wrote:
    pure5gold wrote:
    BorderBender wrote:
    ozai890 wrote:
    titiembe wrote:
    ozai890 wrote:
    Chris142857 wrote:

ozai890 wrote:

Actually, your reason is for the exact opossite... It being a kid's show, it does not make sense for them to pretty much waste all the Kataang relationship build-up just to pull a relationship out of thin air during the last 8-9 episodes. What lesson are you teaching "kids" when the hero of the story fully declares his love for the "main girl" for virtually 3 whole seasons, only to have it shrugged off like something irrelevant in leu of a "redemption" of Zuko??? It just doesn't add up in a "kids show", where supposedly they live "happily ever after". Zuko can "redeem" himself without having to enter a romantic relationship with Katara. Actually, he's already done--he just needs to seal the deal by helping Aang defeat his own father (Lord Ozai). Just answer this: Why put all those "irrelevant" moments between Aang and Katara during 3 seasons if during the last 8 or 9 episodes they are going to create a relationship out of nowhere? Remember, it's a "kids" show, and kids have good memory, but not enough brain power to scheme complex relationships like a grown-up can. It would truly be a let-down if Aang does not end up with Katara.
    It will teach kids life is tough... get over it!
    But life had already been tough for Aang. I'm sure the kids learned that lesson after seeing all he's been through, losing his whole race, Appa, failing twice, being betrayed, etc. etc.

Having Katara in his life is one of the main things, if not the only thing that makes it all so much better.

I know that!
    I was just joking around!

pure5gold

[94]Feb 18, 2008
    BorderBender wrote:
    pure5gold wrote:

That's what school every day is for!

Hooray for school!!!

ozai890

[95]Feb 18, 2008
    tomtitan wrote:
    Spacerac wrote:
    9001th? how do you pronounce that? nine thousand and oneth? lulz.
    Well, I posted the 10,000th post on the Character Relationship Discussion 2 thread. SO HAH! That was my first day on Tv.com.
    Edited on 02/18/2008 10:44am
    Edited 2 total times.

WiseLad

[96]Feb 18, 2008
    • level: 14
    I tried to find the "first one", and I can't find it

counting just 2 and 3 plus this one, the shipping threads have at least 26600 posts

Spacerac

[97]Feb 18, 2008
    ozai890 wrote:
    tomtitan wrote:
    Spacerac wrote:
    Well, I posted the 10,000th post on the Character Relationship Discussion 2 thread. SO HAH! That was my first day on Tv.com.
    But 9000 is associated with a popular meme, so, yeah. HAH!

Shaolina23

[98]Feb 18, 2008
    • level: 6
    tomtitan wrote:
    ozai890 wrote:

No ships will happen.
    as nice as it would be, the all avatar magazine said one of the ships would happen.

Why must you crush my dreams, tomtitan?

Spacerac

[99]Feb 18, 2008
    WiseLad wrote:
    I tried to find the "first one", and I can't find it

counting just 2 and 3 plus this one, the shipping threads have at least 26600 posts
    That one may have gotten deleted since they used to delete threads here, for what I know.

ozai890

[100]Feb 18, 2008
    Spacerac wrote:
    ozai890 wrote:
    tomtitan wrote:
    Spacerac wrote:
    But 9000 is associated with a popular meme, so, yeah. HAH!