We're moving Forums to the Community pages. Click here for more information and updates.

Avatar: The Last Airbender Forums

Nickelodeon (ended 2008)

Official Character Relationship Discussion 4

Sokka ship?

ozai890

[21]Feb 16, 2008
    • level: 28
    Spike815 wrote:
    ozai890 wrote:
    Once again, Kataang is sexual abuse. SAVE AANG!!!

Aang's the one chasing Katara...
    So what. It's still abuse.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

Spike815

[22]Feb 16, 2008
    • level: 14
    Mari193 wrote:
    nice pool -__-''

It is quite refreshing.

MarryLarry

[23]Feb 16, 2008
    • level: 11

ozai890 wrote:
    Spike815 wrote:
    ozai890 wrote:

Would you classify a high school guy getting it on with his hawt spanish teacher abuse? Because that's what I'd call a dream come true.

ozai890

[24]Feb 16, 2008
    MarryLarry wrote:

ozai890 wrote:
    Spike815 wrote:
    ozai890 wrote:

Would you classify a high school guy getting it on with his hawt spanish teacher abuse? Because that's what I'd call a dream come true.

Well, yes. The teacher would be abusing the student. Kataang should not happen. Kataang is abuse!!!

MarryLarry

[25]Feb 16, 2008
    • level: 11
    ozai890 wrote:
    MarryLarry wrote:

ozai890 wrote:
    Spike815 wrote:
    ozai890 wrote:

Well, yes. The teacher would be abusing the student. Kataang should not happen. Kataang is abuse!!!

How can it be abuse when the feeling is mutual?

WaterLily16

[26]Feb 16, 2008
    • level: 6

What happened to number 3?

Spike815

[27]Feb 16, 2008
    WaterLily16 wrote:

What happened to number 3?

It was locked when it reached 10,000. When they get that large the forums are in danger of exploding.

WiseLad

[28]Feb 16, 2008

highlord can change the poll tomorrow to

Kataang is highly likely, and it will happen

Kataang is highly likely, but somehow Zutara will happen

Kataang is highly likely, but I don't want to guess what the creators decide

Murellus

[29]Feb 16, 2008
    • level: 9

Agh dang windows

Anyway, Zutara is like Obamillary. Just won't happen. Think of the children, Oprah, Bill and Michelle!

Use turbonick. Watching it there will increase the chances of an Avatar Season 4.

Though it will be a different story arc.

Edited on 02/16/2008 8:22pm

avrurakinninami

[30]Feb 16, 2008
    • level: 21
    WiseLad wrote:

Are you kidding me In every choice, it seems that you see only Kataang and you're supposed to be neutral, Pfffffft

WaterLily16

[31]Feb 16, 2008
    avrurakinninami wrote:
    WiseLad wrote:

Are you kidding me In every choice, it seems that you see only Kataang and you're supposed to be neutral, Pfffffft

Everybody calm down.

avrurakinninami

[32]Feb 16, 2008
    WaterLily16 wrote:
    avrurakinninami wrote:
    WiseLad wrote:

Everybody calm down.

I cant take it anymore from this guy, He keeps saying that Kataang will most likely happen, even after that ambiguous kiss, or with the fact that she never truly answer the same way toward Aang. So, we already know what happen between them, its just that the balance is more on Zutara right now and how they will interact.

Murellus

[33]Feb 16, 2008
    • level: 9
    Murellus wrote:

Agh dang windows

Anyway, Zutara is like Obamillary. Just won't happen. Think of the children, Oprah, Bill and Michelle!

Spike815

[34]Feb 16, 2008
    snowprincess456 wrote:
    tomtitan wrote:
    tomtitan wrote:
    Chris142857 wrote:

In case you're wondering about my Avatar (no pun intended), I just migrated from the XS Forum.

Yes, my first post in this board is in a pairing thread. What are you going to do, shoot me?

Actually the reason I came here is because I'm confused. I was wandering around the Internet, when I found out that Zutara is popular. So, I think to myself, WHAT THE HECK? Zutara honestly makes no sense whatsoever. I'm not just saying this because I'm a Kataang fan, it's because it's true.

I also saw some other couples in the very beginning of the thread that I thought weird. Anyhow, this is my personal opinion on all those listed at the very beginning.

Likely: These are ones that have lots of evidence supporting them, and are extremely likely.

Kataang: Seriously, it's been likely since nearly the beginning. I don't think I need to explain.

Maiko: Another one that has a lot going for it. Really, the only thing arguable is the end of The Eclipse (Zuko turning good).

Sukka: Another pretty obvious one. In the Serpent's Pass, it was somewhat doubtful because Sokka still seemed to miss Yue. But she's been dead for over a season. Of course, another question is if Sukki is alive. If so, I find it pretty inevitable.

Possible: These ones aren't extremely likely, but at least they are in the realm of possibility, which is more than I can say for some of the other ones.

Tokka: A few hints, notably The Serpent's Pass and Sokka's Master. Really, the main thing in the way of this one is Sukka.

Taang: Not as many hints as Tokka. Still, it makes at least SOME sense. Main thing in the way of this is Kataang.

Not possible: The one I really don't get.

Zutara: Seriously. At least Taang makes some sense. Anyone else hear Katara's last lines of The Western Air Temple? She threatened to KILL Zuko. Wow, that really fits well. Come on guys, they hate each other. Katara is much more likely to end up with Aang, and Zuko is much more likely to end up with Mai.

wtf?: Ones that are just ridiculous.

Azulang: Come on, guys. Azula almost KILLED Aang. Plus, she's more evil than Ozai. She'll probably end up dead.

Zhaozula: Anyone else noticed that Zhao is dead? And Azula will probably die too. Unless you guys are thinking about something happening in the Spirit World, it's ridiculous.

Yaoi and Yuri: Haven't seen any of these yet. Fortunately.

Despite that I haven't seen any of these here yet, this is only my first post in this Board. I'm giving these their own rank. You heard me. RANK. Not SECTION, RANK. The lowest Rank of them all. Dumber than Zhaozula. Seriously, guys. Not gonna happen.

before i start, gotta say, i loved XS! it was awesome! anyway, this is exactly how i viewed the shipping when i first came here, wondering why in the world anyone would think katara and zuko would end up together. but about azulaang etc, those are what's known as 'crack ships', they're just jokes, no one expects kohzula or combustappa to happen, it's just pretty funny! motara for the win! and there is no zutara evidence besides crossroads, some rabid zutarians will cite 'the waterbening scroll' as evidence, but i don't think even they truly believe it. and if you, like me and several others, just don't understand zutarian logic, i think you'll really like spootay on deviantart. http://spootay.deviantart.com/gallery/#Wanksterpiece warning: large number of swear words. but it's pretty darn funny, and true at the same time. enjoy!
    bump this quote pyramid to return us to on-topicness.
    Do those comics really show what kataangers think of zutarians?
    avrurakinninami wrote:
    WaterLily16 wrote:
    avrurakinninami wrote:
    WiseLad wrote:

Everybody calm down.

I cant take it anymore from this guy, He keeps saying that Kataang will most likely happen, even after that ambiguous kiss, or with the fact that she never truly answer the same way toward Aang. So, we already know what happen between them, its just that the balance is more on Zutara right now and how they will interact.

Edited on 02/16/2008 8:34pm

WaterLily16

[35]Feb 16, 2008

I really want to see how Zuko redeems himself to Katara, and I do not mean this for Zutarian purposes. I would love to see them team up in the series finale. I hope Zuko and Katara take out Azula. I see that ending as only fitting; they've (Zuko and Katara) fought each other both finales beforehand. Why not team up the last time around?

Edited on 02/16/2008 8:46pm

ozai890

[36]Feb 16, 2008
    Taang is nasty. Who agrees?!

WaterLily16

[37]Feb 16, 2008

ozai890 wrote:

Is Taang not also an orangy beverage?

ozai890

[38]Feb 16, 2008
    WaterLily16 wrote:

ozai890 wrote:

Is Taang not also an orangy beverage?

Umm...it sounds like it.

avrurakinninami

[39]Feb 16, 2008
    WaterLily16 wrote:

I really want to see how Zuko redeems himself to Katara, and I do not mean this for Zutarian purposes. I would love to see them team up in the series finale. I hope Zuko and Katara take out Azula. I see that ending as only fitting; they've (Zuko and Katara) fought each other both finales beforehand. Why not team up the last time around?

I think its going more than that, sharing the same goal, finally, accepting each other, searching for his mother, etc.. its all about a better understanding and trust for each other, after that, I'm sure they are going to be together.

BorderBender

[40]Feb 16, 2008
    • level: 3

Ok, I made this post towards the end of the other thread that got locked (#3), and it sucks to post a message only to have it be the last on the current page, because it won't get as many views! hehehe

I'm practically new to the board (like 5 messages and counting...), but I'd like to share my views on the whole Kataang relationship that has developed in the Avatar series, and why I think it should (or is going to) happen...as well as Maiko or Maizu, whatever you guys call it.

First of all, I don't think the writers put "useless" stuff into the series. I'd like to think everything is there for a reason. And it looks like they've spent their time and energy developing the Katara & Aang "pure love" (as I like to call it) relationship as well as the Mai & Zuko "childhood sweetheart" relationship.

I think it's a great opportunity for the writers to develop the relationship between Zuko and Mai, now that Zuko has joined the good guys (especially Mai's character). I don't know if someone has already mentioned it, but Mai still lives in the Fire Nation (right across from the palace if I remember correctly), and she still has some "loyalty" towards Azula.

Imagine the conflict inside Mai when she has to face Zuko somehow, someway--I mean, there has to be another sort of final "invasion" at the Royal Palace, where the final showdown will take place. Mai will be confronted with taking the decision to fight against her childhood love, (whom if you remember, were always mocked and bullied by Azula as kids) or betray her friend Azula and join the gaang as well so she can be together with Zuko. I mean, they even made it a point to show that Mai was kind of "emotionless" in The Beach. This could prove a very good opportunity to convey the idea that there is good in [almost] all people and that love can triumph over anything.

On the other hand, we have Katara and Aang, whom the writers have developed into this "cute" couple who love each other somewhat "silently". I really don't think that they would have wasted so many precious moments between them in all of the 3 seasons to just end up with a Katara/Zuko relationship. Remember that the target audience of Avatar is supposedly kids between 6 and 13 (even though many grownups such as myself have become diehard fans--Avatar really has things beyond what a kid can grasp). I don't think they wouldn't want to break a lot of hearts with an ending in which the hero of the story does not "win the girl" he loves like no other person--and worse, to lose her to a bad-guy-turned-good.

I wouldn't even consider the possibility of Aang dying at the end. It would just be too shocking for anyone regardless of age. Although it has crossed my mind, the thought of Aang having to "fight" Zuko yet again for the love of Katara, after the war is over and Lord Ozai is defeated, but that seems like a too complicated plot for a cartoon in which the central point is defeating the "bad guys" and restoring peace to the world (and knowing there are only 8 chapters/episodes left).

What do you think?

(You can tell I'm partial to Kataang )

N SHORT: The writers/creators as well as Nick, have the chance to make this one of the greatest stories ever told, an epic one, if they just follow what they've been doing since episode 1: Materialize the love between Katara and Aang! I really think they would destroy an amazing tale by pulling some relationship out of thin air for the last 8-9 episodes (i.e. Zutara).