We're moving Forums to the Community pages. Click here for more information and updates.

Season 3 Discussion Thread....SPOILERS allowed...

maritimer00

[1]Nov 14, 2009
    • level: 71
    Hello...this is the official discussion thread for the upcoming third season (Total Drama Musical) set to begin in 2010....please post all thoughts and ideas in this thread to avoid cluttering the board with repeated TDM threads. Thanks!
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

HaydenAvery

[2]Nov 14, 2009
    • level: 21
    i think izzy will win. (sweet first post)

The_Cartoon

[3]Nov 14, 2009
    • level: 20
    Great idea, I'm so psyched for TDM! I'm thinking that Cody has a really good shot to go all the way, Izzy as well. And I'm really hoping for a lot of character development from my favorite character, Noah.

Riankg

[4]Nov 14, 2009
    • level: 6
    I have huge expect a lot of different things comming from this season. Most of the characters who hadnt a good screen time in other season might have a decent one in this.

tigerty101

[5]Nov 14, 2009
    • level: 15

I'm hoping for plenty of screen time and development for Noah and Cody, hopefully both making it past the merge. Also hoping Ezekiel will last farther then first eliminated. Hoping Izzy won't be a character that returns after being eliminated for once. She's one of my favs, but I don't like the returning gag, and don't really want to see her winning.

iamtunk

[6]Nov 14, 2009
    • level: 13
    Lindsay FTW!

AcmeAcne

[7]Nov 14, 2009
    • level: 2
    Im curious to what theyll do with Tyler this season, out of all the characters on the show hes always been the one that never struck me in anyway, I sometimes even forget he exists in the show (if that makes any sense). I personally think if a boys to win it will be Cody and if a girl Bridgette (but the trailer seems to suggest she may be going home early again so possibly Sierra).

Riankg

[8]Nov 14, 2009
    • level: 6
    Like I dont know about Bridgette like ..it's not really proved that she will be eliminated early..i know no one's elimination has been proved, but evn though we know that Duncan and Harold might be the firsts to be eliminated because we saw that they arent in some pics (where everyone else are).. but Bridgette could have some great screen time this season cause she hadnt much development in TDA, even being the hostess of the Aftermath episodes.

shishkabob999

[9]Nov 14, 2009
    • level: 9
    What relationships do you all think they're going to do this season? Besides Cody/Kathie, do you think that Alejandro's going to find someone? Or maybe DJ, or Ezekiel?

HaydenAvery

[10]Nov 14, 2009
    kathie is Sierra.

shishkabob999

[11]Nov 14, 2009
    ... and I call her Kathie because I like that name better.

saylavee

[14]Nov 14, 2009
    • level: 18

Well here are the people who probably-almost definitly wont win TDM:

Leshawna = see her in the parachute drop in trailer

Duncan = in f2 in TDA (nearly 100% confirmed of that) and not shown in most of the trailer

Harold = also not in most of trailer and pics

Alejandro = obvious villian and according to the rules of tv shows kids watch, evil can never triumph at the end (boo!)

Sierra = IMO i think it would be unfair to have the new contestant win on her first run in the series while everyone else worked their butts off in 2-3 runs. If they want to make er win, do it in a 4th season

Owen: WAAAAAAAAAY to much screen time and use in the show. hes already made it far in BOTH seasons, it seems the writers are in love with him while most of us think he's going stale

People who i want to win, has a good chance of winning, and going far:

Gwen: I want her to win, but she probably wont, im just mentioning i want her to win

Cody: shown ALOT in trailers and pics anf fan favorte, good chance of winning and/or going far

Noah: fan fav and under developed char, good chance of going far and/or winning

Ezikeile (sp?) ; REALLY underdeveloped char, but writers could make his character only to be used as a filler and will vote him off quick as well

Bridgette: fan fav

Tyler: underdeveloped, prob will go far

*omg am i guna mentione more than 2 girls? yes!!*

Izzy: fan fav, dont think shes guna win though

Courtney: Id like her to get far as well, yes ima coutney fan.

alagaesian

[15]Nov 14, 2009
    • level: 12

Kathie - H = Katie. One of the reasons I didn't really believe that name when it came up.

Maybe they'll snatch an idea from the Survivor All-Stars season and, partway through the team stage of the game, have a challenge where the last-place team is dissolved and distributed into the other two. I mean, if any team in TDM shrinks down to three people, then it becomes too small to use voting as an effective elimination method. This wouldn't be too far down the road, with five members a team. Dissolving one of the teams partway in extends the team stage of the game. Teams make it easier to develop, organize, and clarify the plethora of plotlines that results from the large amount of characters. Extending the team stage is a great idea, from a writer's standpoint.

I believe that Duncan will NOT make it too far. I expect he'll be one of the first few eliminated, because his amount of screen time and development in both seasons is enormous.

Cody will definitely make it far. It is obvious from even the trailer that he's going to get a ton of screen time. That could be an indicator that he is the main character of the season, like Beth or Harold for TDA. Or, it could mean that soon-to-be-eliminated characters are heavily focused on so their plotlines can run their course before they get voted out. This is what has happened in TDA, many times over. For instance, Gwen and Trent. They had a decent amount of time in the trailer and a huge amount of screen time in their first few episodes, but they were eliminated fourth and fifth. Their plots were focused on first so there was enough time to wrap them up before their eliminations. When they left, there was much more time for the other next-eliminated characters to step up and perform the exact same process: sudden plot vamp-up, intense amount of screen time and focus, dramatic conclusion, elimination, Aftermath to tie up lose ends.

I'd greatly appreciate it if Noah, Tyler, Harold, Heather, and Bridgette did something awesome in TDM. Harold, because his current comedy and drama potential is outstanding at the current moment. Heather, because I want to see some good villainous antics again. The other three, because I want to see their character development.

I'm crossing my fingers that one of the new characters doesn't win. Why? Well, let's take a look at fanfictions, shall we? The new characters always win. I'm sick and tired of it. Having a new guy (or probably girl, in this case) win is a predictable and shallow way to end the season. Who's more likely to win a reality show: a random newbie that has essentially no friends among the competitors, or someone who's been playing the game for four and a half months, not only making friends, but also learning others' strengths and weaknesses and how they maneuver in a strategic setting? If Sierra is victorious, then it looks like the writers wanted her to win...JUST because she's a new girl.

Edited on 11/14/2009 6:36pm

shishkabob999

[16]Nov 14, 2009
    algaesian: You're a Survivor: All-Stars fan? Woo-hoo! *highfives* I loved that season!

There aren't many fans vs. favorites for TDI, since most of them are all crappy 'starring you', but the one I'm working on (which actually has someone from All-Stars as a teen) actually doesn't have the fan win. However, from a reality show perspective, it makes some sense: look at Survivor Fans vs. Favorites, where the fans are people who watch and study the show, and learn from the mistakes of others (whereas the current TDA contestants haven't even learned from their own mistakes).
    Edited on 11/14/2009 5:51pm

HaydenAvery

[17]Nov 14, 2009
    codyhas a lot of plot potential making me believe he wont win more. its always the ones withno plot whatsoever. (owen and beth) that win. i bet owen will leave at the beginning and izzy will go on through the game doing crazy stuff and not having reasons for herself to get kicked off.

saylavee

[18]Nov 14, 2009
    • level: 18

*joins in the high fives* survivor all-stars ftw...rupert ftw...SURVIVOR FTW!!!

and yeah if they make sierra win, i will official start the angry mob to the production company, whoes with me?!?!

shishkabob999

[19]Nov 14, 2009
    Ugh, Rupert and Jenna annoyed the CRAP out of me. All my favorite players got eliminated before the merge, although I think that Rob should've won over Amber.

iamtunk

[20]Nov 14, 2009
    • level: 13
    saylavee wrote:

Leshawna = see her in the parachute drop in trailer

It might not necessarily be her elimination (maybe, maybe not). the trailer showed the group dropping out of the plane more than once. In fact, I wouldn't be surprised if Chris doesn't even bother landing the plane, he just drops them out.

Chris: Okay kiddies, here's Egypt! Now get out there and sing!

*opens floor of plane and everyone falls out*

Everyone: AAAAAHHHH!

as for new people winning...if they did that are they seriously trying to kill the show? come on, even if people liked the new characters most people would much rather see one of their long-standing favorites win more than some new character.

also, I watched the TDA trailer today...it seemed to me like the trailer was based on only the first few episodes. so TDM's trailer probably is too.