We're moving Forums to the Community pages. Click here for more information and updates.

Season 3 Discussion Thread....SPOILERS allowed...

iamtunk

[81]Nov 18, 2009
    • level: 13
    HaydenAvery wrote:
    dont expect izzy to leave early. i think its obvious shes in the final 2. i wonder what place theyd travel to for the finale?

what makes you think that? I mean, she could be.

eh, i'd rather someone else be in the finale 2. Izzy's okay, but I'm not a huge fan.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

HaydenAvery

[82]Nov 18, 2009
    • level: 21
    if its true jennifer pertsch is taking over for the third season then of course izzy will make it very far. i think her favorite is izzy. besides izzys the funny protagonist that will probably slip by elimination and win.

facebookfan

[83]Nov 18, 2009
    • level: 7
    shishkabob999 wrote:
    What relationships do you all think they're going to do this season? Besides Cody/Kathie, do you think that Alejandro's going to find someone? Or maybe DJ, or Ezekiel?

i see Alejandro manipulating the ladies (though i feel Kathie/Sierra, Courtney, Izzy and Lewshana will be immune) but unlike Justin he ACTUALLY does stuff in challenges. DJ prob. not but I'd LOVE to see Zeke with Izzy (not because of fanfics or what not)

also, Tyler-Lindsay (really underdeveloped) also, heather-noah or Courtney-Noah (prob. not but it would be funny)

facebookfan

[84]Nov 18, 2009
    • level: 7
    alagaesian wrote:
    Or maybe it will turn out like a few other Survivor seasons; the dysfunctional team shakes off its awkward and useless members, then becomes an elite fighting force that brings the other team it its knees. Or, in this case, the other team-S. Perhaps Team DJ loses a couple people, then finds its groove and starts kicking the other teams' butts.

Perhaps Duncan and Ezekiel are eliminated via double-elimination before the teams form, like in TDA? Just a thought. Then again, Zeke is seen in an elimination ceremony with five other people, which implies that he is on their team. Dissecting the next trailer will most likely clear this up a bit.

i doubt Ezekiel will be eliminated early, but i guess we'll have to see. i agree they might eliminate 2 characters (like Duncan, who got far in seasons 1 and 2) before the teams form. maybe Duncan/Harold would be a double elimination? again, i guess we'll have to see.

The_Cartoon

[85]Nov 18, 2009
    • level: 20
    I thought that Izzy had a great shot at winning TDA, so I agree that this could be her season. I don't expect her to go all the way though, Jennifer Pertsch wouldn't want to sound biased. And I agree that Ezekiel won't leave early, I think that they are purposely trying to throw us off. And I would really like to see Noah have a girlfriend to put all of the gay rumors aside. Speaking of Noah, I can't wait to see what plots that they give him.

shishkabob999

[86]Nov 18, 2009
    • level: 9
    It took them all six episodes of TDI he was in to establish the gay stereotype, there's no going back now. =P Maybe some subtext teasing with Alejandro? *dodges items being thrown*

I think the Ezzy scene in the trailer was for the fans, since it was a pretty active pairing even a couple years ago, but it'd be interesting to see how they'd do it that we have so many fan ideas to compare it to (poor Owen).

HaydenAvery

[87]Nov 18, 2009
    who came up with ezzy? why do people like them as a couple? they never interacted.

alagaesian

[88]Nov 18, 2009
    • level: 12
    ^ Blame fanfiction.net for the Ezzy pairing. Don't know who came up with it, but a lot of the crack-pairing writers are trying to throw Ezekiel into a bunch of their stories so the show writers will think he's popular and put him in the show more often.

Eh, I personally can't believe Noah is gay as he was completely immune to Justin's 'powers'. Hmm, maybe Noah will be the one to discover Alejandro's evil nature. They're on the same team, and since Noah was already wary of Justin, the suspicion might easily transfer over to the new guy.

Plus, Noah looks like the kind of guy who is able to plan blindsides, whip up drama, and take names in a strategy show like this, if he could only find the motivation to actually put some effort into the game. Attempting to take Alejandro down could easily fill this requirement.

shishkabob999

[89]Nov 18, 2009
    ...except they actually DO like Ezekiel. They invent a better personality for him that we have no idea how canon it is, but he gets quite a bit of love.

You're probably right, but I'm scared of what they'd do if Noah ended up being a schemer; he might just be a too-powerful Chessmaster or have a huge fall at the end. I think instead that he's smart enough to realize that the protagonist places fifth, fourth, or second, and if you really try to play the game the best you get is third.

tigerty101

[90]Nov 18, 2009
    • level: 15

Noah vs. Aljahondro would be an awesome situation in season 3. I also hope Noah gets in a relationship in the season, or atleast get close to one. I'm also curious if Gwen will end up hooking up with someone new (same with Bridgette and Courtney if they break up with their boyfriends by seasons end).

Izzy winning the season is something I can't see. I see more of Bridgette or Cody taking the win. Gwen, Lindsay (hoping she doesn't), and DJ I can also see winning. Izzy's had 2 chances each season to win already, I'll accept having her return again after being eliminated, but having her win would really annoy me, even though she's a character I like.

alagaesian

[91]Nov 18, 2009
    I wasn't necessarily just talking about Noah being a chessmaster, even though that role could cause a great deal of drama and development for him. I was sort of talking about how Noah might be the only one aware and suspicious enough to discover Alejandro's schemes and organize a blindside to eliminate him. Or, since Alejandro would be the villain in this situation and is therefore invincibly, Noah can provide enough of a challenge to the new guy so that a conflict ignites, escalates, and finally explodes.

shishkabob999

[92]Nov 18, 2009
    I think we'll have to wait and see, since the trailer tells us almost nothing about your idea - and less about mine.

Tiger, I can't see Cody winning, he seems like one of the biggest protagonists this season. Bridgette maybe, she's the one that I think has a pretty good chance.

The_Cartoon

[93]Nov 18, 2009
    I want to see Noah as a genius strategist, but not as a villain if that makes sense. I totally second a Noah-Alejandro conflict. It would be awesome to see Noah be the one to take him down.

iamtunk

[94]Nov 18, 2009

HaydenAvery wrote:
    if its true jennifer pertsch is taking over for the third season then of course izzy will make it very far. i think her favorite is izzy. besides izzys the funny protagonist that will probably slip by elimination and win.

okay, yeah. she'll probably make it far then. as for winning, we'll see.

facebookfan wrote:
    shishkabob999 wrote:
    What relationships do you all think they're going to do this season? Besides Cody/Kathie, do you think that Alejandro's going to find someone? Or maybe DJ, or Ezekiel?
    i see Alejandro manipulating the ladies (though i feel Kathie/Sierra, Courtney, Izzy and Lewshana will be immune) but unlike Justin he ACTUALLY does stuff in challenges. DJ prob. not but I'd LOVE to see Zeke with Izzy (not because of fanfics or what not) also, Tyler-Lindsay (really underdeveloped) also, heather-noah or Courtney-Noah (prob. not but it would be funny)

Heather-Noah would be AWESOME! Sorry, that's my fanon/crack pairing right there! (so no dissing crack! lol...even though I don't really get Ezzy either...) It would be cool to see those two team up to take Alejandro down. (I have all kinds of thoughts on this.) (Heather won't like anyone stepping in her lime-light. She didn't really go after Courtney or Justin because Justin wasn't very villainy after all and most of the Courtney stuff happened after Heather left. That and Heather probably was more low-key this season because she was bald)

Edited on 11/18/2009 9:33pm
    Edited 2 total times.

alagaesian

[95]Nov 18, 2009
    ^ Eh, personally a bit of an H-bomb-shipper myself. It's kind of ironic, actually, how we're pairing her with nerds, the opposite end of the popularity spectrum.

So...where's Tyler going to end up? He's on the same team as Alejandro and Noah, but we barely know anything of his true personality. How do you think the writers are going to develop on him, is his girlfriend isn't on the same team as him? Oh, wait, I might have just answered my own question a little bit.

iamtunk

[96]Nov 18, 2009
    Well, Lindsay wasn't on the same team as him in TDI and Tyler still didn't have much personality development. But hopefully this won't be the case this time. I found him amusing, but there wasn't too much to him other than dating Lindsay, sucking at sports, and being scared of chickens. I just hope that he wasn't simply drawn to have someone to eliminate.

I'm not really into H/H. I can see why people ship it but I might have to actually see TDDDDDDDDDI to ever actually get into it. I think it's kinda funny to put her with nerds, but I think Harold's just a little too nerdy for me to put them together, lol. Or maybe just gross (nose-picker). Like, I find Owen and Heather amusing together but I just can't ship them cuz Owen's just too gross (and annoying.)

I actually kinda like putting her with Cody too, who is also a nerd, lol. (And maybe DJ, who isn't a nerd). I dunno, I think my shippings are still developing. except for Noah/Heather. I'm pretty much sold on that. One of the reasons is because she always conning and tricking people. I'd like to see her try to trick/outsmart Noah who, being a genius, she would probably never be able to do so to. I'd like to put her with someone who can handle her and not be outsmarted by her. (And whatever poor sucker does end up with her needs this quality)

alagaesian

[97]Nov 19, 2009
    ^ Or, this sucker needs to have enough influence to change her. Hence, Harold, who was the only person to ever open up to her, give her a second chance, and try to be actual friends.

Maybe part of our desire to pair her up with nerds is the hilarious situation where she starts falling for one, knows she's got it bad for him, and continually tries to deny it to herself and the other contestants despite the fact that no one believes her. And, it spites Heather quite a bit, which we've been wanting to do since Search and Do Not Destroy.

Yep. Definitely want to see Heather hook up with someone, or at least get close to, in TDM.

The_Cartoon

[98]Nov 19, 2009
    Tyler may not have had a whole lot going on for him in TDI, but in TDDDDI, I thought that he was hilarious and I felt like him and Cody were both robbed a spot in Total Drama Action. They both did enough to get in, I thought. And I think that they could actually do a lot with Tyler. And I think that he could make it a decent way, probably be the second voted off from his team the first being Owen. Just a prediction though, anything could happen.

iamtunk

[99]Nov 19, 2009
    I still haven't seen TDDDDDDI, but I did find Tyler pretty funny in TDI. I do hope we get to see more personality development from him.

Actually, I wonder what sort of drama might ensue between Tyler and Alejandro. Looks like Lindsay's got a crush on Alejandro. Maybe Tyler will be the one to go against him. This might cause him to go pretty far...or be the reason for an early elimination.

alagaesian wrote:
    ^ Or, this sucker needs to have enough influence to change her. Hence, Harold, who was the only person to ever open up to her, give her a second chance, and try to be actual friends.

True, good point. I'm still not into Heather/Harold though. Like I said, it could just be a matter of me actually having to see TDDDDDDI first. That and I just have to "feel it". My pairings don't always go by logic (though they can be logical sometimes). It's just a matter of if I like it or not, I'm not always sure why sometimes. A pairing that might seem to work well on paper doesn't mean I'm interested in it. Sometimes I root for pairings that don't look like they'd go well on paper...they're interesting that way. But that's cuz I'm insane.

That being said, I still do think Noah/Heather might be good together. And I can see why people do like Harold/Heather. I'm just not into it for whatever reason.
    alagaesian wrote:

Maybe part of our desire to pair her up with nerds is the hilarious situation where she starts falling for one, knows she's got it bad for him, and continually tries to deny it to herself and the other contestants despite the fact that no one believes her. And, it spites Heather quite a bit, which we've been wanting to do since Search and Do Not Destroy.

Yep. Definitely want to see Heather hook up with someone, or at least get close to, in TDM.
    Agreed and agreed with all of that.

HaydenAvery

[100]Nov 19, 2009
    (100th post) well when do you think TDM will start airing? im hoping january or february.