We're moving Forums to the Community pages. Click here for more information and updates.

Season 3 Discussion Thread....SPOILERS allowed...

PDKT

[1321]Nov 18, 2010
    • level: 9

Gwen/Trent definitely. They deserve each other in the best ways. They get along and they were almost TOO sweet in Season 1.

Courtney/Duncan definitely. They deserve each other in similar ways. Plus, I like to see nice-guy Trent win a girl for once. Duncan is just mean.

Liked the ending, though Alejandro losing both his money and his new-found love was bittersweet. The ending gives me hope that we haven't seen the last of him. I would greatly enjoy another season, with Alejandro and Heather having to deal with her betrayal, if you want to call it that. Of course he'd probably be in the suit, so good luck working any charms on Heather.

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

lastmarshmallow

[1322]Nov 19, 2010
    • level: 4

The whole robot thing was going a bit too far. Like, you said, Alejandro lost both the money and Heather, then got trampled and covered in lava. With just that, he's already met a far worse fate than any other any antagonist. I hope that what I've heard about the possible 5th season is true, because he'll almost certainly go back to normal then.

pixarprincess

[1323]Nov 19, 2010
    • level: 13
    Uhh, did VADER ever go back to normal? Well, he made a Heal Face Turn in the last few minutes of his life, but STILL!

strat_boy

[1324]Nov 20, 2010
    • level: 12
    lastmarshmallow wrote:

The whole robot thing was going a bit too far. Like, you said, Alejandro lost both the money and Heather, then got trampled and covered in lava. With just that, he's already met a far worse fate than any other any antagonist. I hope that what I've heard about the possible 5th season is true, because he'll almost certainly go back to normal then.

I completely agree, i didn't like that robot thing, even if you hated him, he shouldn't have deserved that.
    No-One should work on that show, there's probably barely any money in it anyway

lastmarshmallow

[1325]Nov 21, 2010

It's much worse since I actually LIKED him(he's my 4th fav). *sigh* This must be how the Ezekiel fans feel.

4EverGreen

[1326]Nov 21, 2010
    • level: 44

In my opinion, Alejandro deserved EVERYTHING he got for all the rotten tricks he played! Like Noah said: "He's a male version of Heather, but with social skills!" Sigh, it's going to be a LONG wait to see if there IS going to be a season 5 made of this show!

pixarprincess

[1327]Nov 22, 2010
    • level: 13
    Look, as much as I think he's worse than Heather, I also don't think he really deserved the whole "Darth Vader" thing. Even evil has standards. And the fact that he was willing to risk the money just to be with Heather proves he actually has feelings! You're going to turn a complex human being into a robot? Yeah, I understand why in the ORIGINAL story, but...

Szcesny

[1328]Nov 22, 2010
    • level: 2

I cringe whenever people call Alejandro or Heather 'evil'. They aren't supervillains they are strategist of the game, based on actual Survivor contestants like Richard Hatch or Johnny Fairplay. They are willing to get pass limits to win money, which is fair enough, especially on a reality show, against 'people' you'll most likely never meet again.

Heather and Alejandro both show signs of emotion and care, they just want to win the money and respect their pride. Good characters, manipulative, but not 'evil'.

swimboydude

[1329]Nov 23, 2010
    • level: 3

Szcesny wrote:

I cringe whenever people call Alejandro or Heather 'evil'. They aren't supervillains they are strategist of the game, based on actual Survivor contestants like Richard Hatch or Johnny Fairplay. They are willing to get pass limits to win money, which is fair enough, especially on a reality show, against 'people' you'll most likely never meet again.

Heather and Alejandro both show signs of emotion and care, they just want to win the money and respect their pride. Good characters, manipulative, but not 'evil'.

I completely agree with you. It's so annoying how the only people who strategize on this show are portrayed as villains. There just intending to win the game. I think that if Total Drama Island really wanted to follow Survivor, they could've had Owen be the so called "antagonist" and have him create an alliance on the Gophers and Heather would instead be a member in his alliance who rebels and is hated by the jury. Then Owen could win because he is so well liked by the jury. It would be just like Richard Hatch in Survivor: Borneo.

lastmarshmallow

[1330]Nov 23, 2010

I might have actually LIKED Owen if that happened. I also hate how all the best strategists in the show are portrayed as "evil". Sure, they've done some pretty cruel things at points (mainly involving screwing with the relationships), but they're only trying to win the game and probably wouldn't be nearly as bad outside of the competition. I like how the writers seem to have realized that a good strategist winning the game is more realistic as the winner has been IMO, more deserving of the prize in each season.

TVdude3895

[1331]Nov 24, 2010
    • level: 14

So, you guys would screw people over for a million dollars?

Szcesny

[1332]Nov 24, 2010

TVdude3895 wrote:

So, you guys would screw people over for a million dollars?

Ever watched a reality show before?

I said above that Heather and Alejandro want money and respecting their pride. If it means 'screwing over' people they'll never meet again afterwards then they will, like in actual reality shows.

swimboydude

[1333]Nov 24, 2010
    • level: 3

Then, in the next season, if they really REALLY wanted to follow Survivor, they could have a new cast every season except for All Star seasons.

PintheDog

[1334]Feb 24, 2011
    • level: 29
    swimboydude wrote:

Szcesny wrote:

I completely agree with you. It's so annoying how the only people who strategize on this show are portrayed as villains. There just intending to win the game. I think that if Total Drama Island really wanted to follow Survivor, they could've had Owen be the so called "antagonist" and have him create an alliance on the Gophers and Heather would instead be a member in his alliance who rebels and is hated by the jury. Then Owen could win because he is so well liked by the jury. It would be just like Richard Hatch in Survivor: Borneo.

Heather and Alejandro were both great strategists this season, that's true. But there are limits. You can be a good schemer while still being an awful person who does awful things to others, sometimes just for the hell of it, and sometimes to go beyond the game. Heather seemed to realize that, so she dialed it back this season. Alejandro, OTOH, did not. The other castmates knew he was playing the game, but he did so in such a terrible manner that it's not hard to see how he became so deservedly reviled among the rest of the cast.

Ilovemiley300

[1336]May 28, 2011
    • level: 10
    4EverGreen wrote:

In my opinion, Alejandro deserved EVERYTHING he got for all the rotten tricks he played! Like Noah said: "He's a male version of Heather, but with social skills!" Sigh, it's going to be a LONG wait to see if there IS going to be a season 5 made of this show!

who do you do the faces?

stephdumas

[1337]Jun 5, 2011
    • level: 10

4EverGreen wrote:

If there going to be a season 5 (and let's hope there will be a season 5), I guess a all-new villain could appear being much more nastier then Alejandro would look like a boy-scout.Laughing

Szcesny

[1338]Aug 12, 2011

PintheDog wrote:
    swimboydude wrote:

Szcesny wrote:

Heather and Alejandro were both great strategists this season, that's true. But there are limits. You can be a good schemer while still being an awful person who does awful things to others, sometimes just for the hell of it, and sometimes to go beyond the game. Heather seemed to realize that, so she dialed it back this season. Alejandro, OTOH, did not. The other castmates knew he was playing the game, but he did so in such a terrible manner that it's not hard to see how he became so deservedly reviled among the rest of the cast.

That quote just reminded me of Johnny Fairplay who lied about death during his first stint in Survivor. It was an awful strategy but it worked until he got voted off. These reality shows are full of people who'll go pass limits so it's nice to see Heather doing that too. (i,e: The Trent saga).

Alejandro never did anything'awful' per say. Just was your typical manipulative guy.