We're moving Forums to the Community pages. Click here for more information and updates.

Season 3 Discussion Thread....SPOILERS allowed...

4EverGreen

[1241]Sep 7, 2010
    • level: 44

Personally, I'm still hoping for a Gwent (Gwen + Trent) couple comeback, maybe in one of the "Total Drama World Tour" Aftermaths.

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

snkcole06

[1242]Sep 9, 2010
    • level: 14

ive havent been on herefor awhile in stuff anyways does anyone knowsifthis season has a special im just wondering is all

doguineta

[1243]Sep 9, 2010
    • level: 20
    snkcole06 wrote:

ive havent been on herefor awhile in stuff anyways does anyone knowsifthis season has a special im just wondering is all

It hasn't been announced...............yet. There SHUOLD BE, though

lastmarshmallow

[1245]Sep 9, 2010
    • level: 4

doguineta wrote:
    snkcole06 wrote:

The wiki says there won't be, which is probably true since Chris signs off the TDWT finale by saying something like "See you next season, maybe with a whole new cast", which seems to imply that the next episode will be the premiere of TDR.

LordGrievous

[1246]Sep 10, 2010
    • level: 13

lastmarshmallow wrote:

doguineta wrote:
    snkcole06 wrote:

The wiki says there won't be, which is probably true since Chris signs off the TDWT finale by saying something like "See you next season, maybe with a whole new cast", which seems to imply that the next episode will be the premiere of TDR.

That's just wrong, they could've at least tell us what happened to everyone.

HaydenAvery

[1247]Sep 10, 2010
    • level: 21
    All the plots are pretty much wrapped up. If they bring the cast back in a future season, they'll have plenty of drama to work with though. Oh well. TDR WOO!

imverybasic

[1248]Sep 10, 2010
    • level: 16
    Most of them, anyway. It's just that if the writers were to decide to bring the old cast back, it would make the season kind of stale. This season is just looking so dull so far that bringing back the original characters would only make things worse.

lastmarshmallow

[1249]Sep 11, 2010

Season 5 is pretty much a certainty at this point. I really don't think that the writers would end the series with a short season and a new cast.

timgueguen

[1250]Sep 11, 2010
    Of course its not up to the writers whether there's a fifth season. Going by past examples I'm not sure Teletoon will be interested in a 5th season, and they're the original financial backer for the series. If they were to pass it would make it more expensive for any remaining buyers to buy new episodes and hence decrease the chance of them being made. I'm not convinced season 4 is only 13 episodes in any case.

imverybasic

[1251]Sep 11, 2010

lastmarshmallow wrote:

Season 5 is pretty much a certainty at this point. I really don't think that the writers would end the series with a short season and a new cast.

I suppose it isn't. Although, if the new season was done with a whole new cast, I would wonder how the staff would plan on writing off the old one.

DC-Dude

[1252]Sep 11, 2010
    • level: 26

Going a little off-topic, but in all of Christian Potenza's videos, the cast members don't seem to realize that it was renamed to "World Tour."

imverybasic

[1253]Sep 11, 2010

Am I? I thought that we were done discussing the third season and had moved onto the fourth (and the possible fifth). Truthfully, I don't think I recall what we were last talking about.

HaydenAvery

[1254]Sep 11, 2010
    • level: 21
    I'll repeat it again, a 13 episode season is absolutely confirmed. And if the producers want they can put the new cast and old cast in the same season. In fact, these new characters could give underused ones some plot. Sierra enhanced Cody's plot, and Alejandro enhanced Heather's plot. So it makes sense. And since the writers love Owen, they'd bring him back, and he could get back together with Izzy. And more drama between Gwen, Duncan, and Courtney could heat up, though I prefer GwenxDuncan stays, unless Gwen and Cody ever have a chance, which they don't. Of course this is more season 5 speculation, but I think these are some great ideas.

timgueguen

[1255]Sep 11, 2010
    Confirmed where and by whom?

DC-Dude

[1256]Sep 12, 2010

imverybasic wrote:

Am I? I thought that we were done discussing the third season and had moved onto the fourth (and the possible fifth). Truthfully, I don't think I recall what we were last talking about.

No, not you. I meant I was going off-topic from our discussion by mentioning something about the voice actors... never mind.

Anyway, if there is a fifth season, then bringing everyone back for a mega season would just be a little too much. Too many characters, too many relationships and plots to develop, all within 23 minutes. But I do think that 5th season might be 12 newbies from Season 4 vs. 12 old characters from seasons 1-3.

imverybasic

[1257]Sep 12, 2010

DC-Dude wrote:
    No, not you. I meant I was going off-topic from our discussion by mentioning something about the voice actors... never mind.

Right, my bad.

DC-Dude

[1258]Sep 12, 2010

Also, it's been confirmed on the Talk: Total Drama Reloaded page that the Christian Potenza who confirmed 13 TDR episodes has been proved to not be the real Christian Potenza.

EDIT: Sorry, the person was wrong. Christian Potenza DID confirm it in a Facebook chat.

But I guess you know that already.

Edited on 09/12/2010 1:32pm

lastmarshmallow

[1259]Sep 12, 2010

I just realized something. 13 episodes means that all but one of them will have to be an elimination(I'm guessing the premiere is the non-elimination one).

doguineta

[1260]Sep 12, 2010
    • level: 20
    lastmarshmallow wrote:

I just realized something. 13 episodes means that all but one of them will have to be an elimination(I'm guessing the premiere is the non-elimination one).

Yep, one of them will win, much like the other seasons