We're moving Forums to the Community pages. Click here for more information and updates.

Season 3 Discussion Thread....SPOILERS allowed...

Riankg

[61]Nov 17, 2009
    • level: 6
    Another thing that i thought is that..we know that probably in the team AMAZON, there will be Gwen, Heather, Sierra, Courtney and Cody. When they lose a challenge, what will happen?

Gwen, Courtney, Cody and Heather are fan favorites, or at least have lots of fans. Some of you might start saying: no ..no one like Heather (example..)..but we know that she's a really imporantant character (maybe not in this season, but in the other 2 she was..and i imagine that it will happen the same in this one).

But maybe their team wont lose in the beginning only the others..like happened in the beginning of TDA, where the Gaffers used to win all the challenges.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

shishkabob999

[62]Nov 17, 2009
    • level: 9
    Skyancez wrote:

Oldring never voiced Noah. He voices Tyler, Ezekiel and Cody.

Erm, that could be interesting. Will they record Oldring in advance or will those 3 characters have a different voice somehow?

Or, since he's not in the TDA credits and Hayden is, maybe they just find a new VA for those three altogether?

alagaesian

[63]Nov 17, 2009
    • level: 12
    By the way, I wasn't dissing Rush. I was laughing at what would have been wrong with Noah to get his singing voice that different from his talking voice. Usually, without vocal instruction, singing sounds just like modulated talking, and I doubt anyone would try to teach Noah to sing that high.

As for Oldring, I don't know. Either he recorded FAR in advance, or all three of this characters get kicked of villainously early. Actually, I feel that Team Amazon DOES have a scapegoat character: Gwen. Yes, I know she's a fan-fave. She and her boyfriend were fan-faves this season two, and they got kicked of surprisingly early. Besides, most of her plot possibilities are used up by now, and the absence of Trent this season makes her plotline standpoint even worse. The only two things she has to cause drama are attempts to gain redemption from the rest of the competitors, and a possible love triangle with Cody.

No matter what happens to Gwen, from the trailer, it looks like Team Amazon is pretty invincible. So they probably won't lose until a few episodes in, when the teammates have had a chance to wrap up a few storylines, leaving them ripe for elimination.

shishkabob999

[64]Nov 17, 2009
    alagaesian wrote:
    By the way, I wasn't dissing Rush. I was laughing at what would have been wrong with Noah to get his singing voice that different from his talking voice. Usually, without vocal instruction, singing sounds just like modulated talking, and I doubt anyone would try to teach Noah to sing that high.
    Yeah, you've got a good point there... but it's way better than Dean Martin. =P No offense.

I think that Gwen will last long enough to have a lot of good moments with Courtney and Heather... maybe a love triangle with Cody and Kathie? Unlike Courtney (although based on next week's episode, we have yet to see), she does seem to have some possible plot.
    Edited on 11/17/2009 2:47pm

PintheDog

[65]Nov 17, 2009
    • level: 29
    I don't give a crap which name you like better. Kathie = Sierra, and that's that.

Gwen will stick around a while. There's supposedly a three-way alliance with herself, Heather, and Courtney that gets formed, so she might last a few weeks yet. Maybe it'll be the start of her getting on good terms with the other two.

TBMSFriday

[66]Nov 17, 2009
    Why doesn't Oldring just return? He's been voicing Conner from Glenn Martin, but that shows going downhill very fast. I don't know why he won't return to the TDM epicness... Hope he does though, he did a great job voicing all three of them...

People who made it far in both TDI and TDA probably won't be making it far here...or maybe they will...

The Heather, Gwen, Courtney alliance sounds interesting, considering they are (in my personal opinion) three of the strongest players (or at least strongest girls...)

Hmm...sounds like it's going to be a good season...especially with all my faves coming back...GO NOAH!....oh, and Courtney too....*shrugs*

Skyancez

[67]Nov 17, 2009
    • level: 14
    A H-G-C alliance sounds very odd for me when you consider they hate each other. Although I still predict that some temper flairs will happen. Courtney and Heather's ego will soon annoy Gwen or Gwen's loner/negative style might annoy the duo with winning mentalities. Definietly another promising prospect in the show. Looking forward to it, especially how it will form and end.

TBMSFriday

[68]Nov 17, 2009
    Maybe they'll look past the hatred the all share, and focus on having an alliance. An actual alliance, not like the dumb 1 episode alliances in TDA.... If it does work out, they might be on the verge of unstoppable...

shishkabob999

[69]Nov 17, 2009
    Skyancez wrote:
    A H-G-C alliance sounds very odd for me when you consider they hate each other. Although I still predict that some temper flairs will happen. Courtney and Heather's ego will soon annoy Gwen or Gwen's loner/negative style might annoy the duo with winning mentalities. Definietly another promising prospect in the show. Looking forward to it, especially how it will form and end.

Oh no, they definitely won't get along at first, the Japan episode in the flip book pretty much tells us that.

PintheDog

[70]Nov 17, 2009
    Skyancez wrote:
    A H-G-C alliance sounds very odd for me when you consider they hate each other. Although I still predict that some temper flairs will happen. Courtney and Heather's ego will soon annoy Gwen or Gwen's loner/negative style might annoy the duo with winning mentalities. Definitely another promising prospect in the show. Looking forward to it, especially how it will form and end.

Do Gwen and Courtney really hate each other, though? I know Courtney had an early rivalry with Heather in TDI before the former was placed more in Duncan's orbit and the latter turned her venom on Gwen and Leshawna, but I don't recall Gwen and Courtney having any real problems with each other except for a small, oatmeal-related accident in, I think, "Dodgebrawl." And even then, it wasn't anything major.

Skyancez

[71]Nov 17, 2009
    • level: 14
    For Courtney v Gwen: See Aftermath 1, look at Courtney's face, listen to what she says to Gwen in Aftermath 2.
    Edited on 11/17/2009 6:59pm

PintheDog

[72]Nov 17, 2009
    Skyancez wrote:
    For Courtney v Gwen: See Aftermath 1, look at Courtney's face, listen to what she says to Gwen in Aftermath 2.

Oh, yeah. Still, Gwen doesn't feel the same way about her, I don't think.

iamtunk

[73]Nov 17, 2009
    • level: 13
    shishkabob999 wrote:
    alagaesian wrote:
    Yeah, you've got a good point there... but it's way better than Dean Martin. =P No offense.

none taken. =P Honestly, I just think it'd be funny if Noah had a heartthrob voice. but I don't care either way, just as long as Noah's voice is funny. not funny as in bad, just funny for him. in fact funny-good would be even funnier.

um, anyway.

Are you guys sure H-G-C are making an alliance or just that they're on the same team?

The_Cartoon

[74]Nov 17, 2009
    • level: 20
    ^ That's what I think. When the trailer was released and they were always shown together an alliance was a theory. But I think that they were just put on the same team and it has nothing to do with that. Cody and Sierra are likely to last a while so when Team Amazon loses, I think that it's bound to be Gwen, Heather, or Courtney that leaves. I'm more concerned about Noah's team losing. It has him, Izzy, Owen, Alejandro, and Tyler. I'd be inclined to think that Owen would be the most likely to leave, but the writers love him so I don't know.

iamtunk

[75]Nov 17, 2009
    • level: 13
    I hope Noah's not the first to leave on his team!

Nor do I want Heather to leave very early either, or Cody. Alejandro will probably stick around for awhile, being the villain and all.

Izzy and Owen can leave early for all I care. Same with Gwen and Courtney (and maybe Sierra??? I'll have to see).

I do think that Tyler deserves more screen time, but I'd be okay if he left early too. (Even though he's actually pretty funny.)

As for the other team, I hope Lindsay sticks around for a while (and wins!) Then who else is there? Duncan, Ezekiel, Bridgette, Lashawna???

I like Bridgette and LeShawna so it'd be cool if they stuck around for a while, but if not I won't cry too much.

Duncan can go for all I care. Ezekiel is the same as Tyler. He deserves more screen time, but if he leaves early I'd be okay with it too.

HaydenAvery

[76]Nov 18, 2009
    • level: 21
    dont expect izzy to leave early. i think its obvious shes in the final 2. i wonder what place theyd travel to for the finale?

maritimer00

[77]Nov 18, 2009
    • level: 71
    I checked around and Oldring has also been working on a MTV show "Popzilla" or something like that so it is possible that his trio of characters are replaced with a different voice actor (VA) in this season.

One other thing to consider with a musically themed season is that the character singing may be done by someone different than the VA (other than Courtney's VA, none of the other VA's have a musical background as far as I know). There was a recent musically themed episode in another series where the music was sung by guest VA's for the characters.

Brodoin15

[78]Nov 18, 2009
    • level: 20

With Courtney's VA having a singing background, it makes me worried that whatever team she is on will win a lot.

I don't mind her being in the game for a little while, as long as she isn't a brat, I just don't want things to be one sided, and have Courtney be, once again, the Mary Sue of her team.

Although, they could make it ironic and have Courtney be a very bad singer. But I'm just thinking out loud.

Edited on 11/18/2009 12:07pm

Riankg

[79]Nov 18, 2009
    • level: 6
    Guys the challenges..probably arent about how well they sing.. they are normal challenges, but they have to sing as well. But how well they sing wont count much..unless someone starts singing really bad, and start annoying his team.

And in toonzone, there's a user who works in the show, and he just said that it doesnt metter how well they sing, it's about how funny the situation is..like singing while you're about to fall in a vocano. So probably they wont use another VA just to do the singing parts.

shishkabob999

[80]Nov 18, 2009
    Riankg wrote:
    Guys the challenges..probably arent about how well they sing.. they are normal challenges, but they have to sing as well. But how well they sing wont count much..unless someone starts singing really bad, and start annoying his team.

And in toonzone, there's a user who works in the show, and he just said that it doesnt metter how well they sing, it's about how funny the situation is..like singing while you're about to fall in a vocano. So probably they wont use another VA just to do the singing parts.

Yeah, I was thinking of that. The flip book made the challenges out to be based more on wherever they were going rather than how well they sang. However, that's one of the big unknowns is how they're going to sing, and it's something we all want to see.