We're moving Forums to the Community pages. Click here for more information and updates.

Season 3 Discussion Thread....SPOILERS allowed...

alagaesian

[21]Nov 14, 2009
    • level: 12
    *returns high-fives*

Looking at the trailer and other promotional photos, there are some weird groupings I've seen that tend to leave some people out.

Yukon Episode: Harold, Duncan, and Zeke are missing
    Egypt Episode: Only Zeke missing
    Pillbug (???) Circle: Bridgette, Zeke, and Duncan
    Free-falling Circle: Zeke and Duncan

Weird, huh? Ezekiel...is pretty much nonexistent in the trailer. The only times I see him are in the passports, when Izzy is on top of him, and a few other random full-group shots. Similar with Duncan: the only two points I see him are with the plane scene, and pyramid-surfing.

Once we get to the other episodes, however, a slightly more select group appears:

Japan: Owen, Izzy, Courtney, Alejandro, Gwen, Harold, LeShawna
    New York: Sierra's Team (Team Amazon, I think), Alejandro's Team

If there is going to be an elimination in the first episode, and the Egypt episode is first, then only Zeke and Duncan can get kicked off. Everyone else is seen in other episodes. Likewise, Harold can only be eliminated in the time-frame of the trailer if the Japan episode occurs before either the NYC or Yukon episodes

Although, we can conclude that Izzy, Courtney, Alejandro, and Gwen are safe for at least the first three episodes. Also, it looks as if DJ's team is logically the ONLY team that can experience eliminations in the first three episodes, four if the Japan one isn't the last episode to take place. Unless, of course, Duncan gets attached to a team other than DJ's. Which, if he's going to be put on a team, is likely; he'll go to a team with five members instead of DJ's six.

I know it might seem like overkill to examine the trailer this closely, but that's what I did for TDA. I was able to reason that the no one was eliminated in the first episode, and that the first three to leave were Bridgette, Geoff, and Izzy.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

Riankg

[22]Nov 15, 2009
    • level: 6
    Well this time we know the first four possible eliminations:

Zeke, Duncan, Harold and Bridgette (not in this order)

alagaesian

[23]Nov 15, 2009
    Yep. It all depends on the order of the episodes, and if they're going to have reward challenges, like in TDA.

I'm actually surprised I've been able to narrow it down so far after just one trailer. With TDA, I was only able to do about this much when I had two trailers to watch and mark down characters. Maybe after the TDM trailer they release after TDDDDA, we can pinpoint the exact eliminations, and clear up this whole confusion about Ezekiel and Duncan.

shishkabob999

[24]Nov 15, 2009
    • level: 9
    alagaesian wrote:
    Also, it looks as if DJ's team is logically the ONLY team that can experience eliminations in the first three episodes, four if the Japan one isn't the last episode to take place. Unless, of course, Duncan gets attached to a team other than DJ's. Which, if he's going to be put on a team, is likely; he'll go to a team with five members instead of DJ's six.
    I think there's some truth to this theory. We see all of Team Amazon in the New York challenge - and if the trailer is correct, all of Alejandro's team as well - and that's probably at least the fourth episode (Egypt is first, since they showed that the most in the trailer like they did with Monster Cash).

Not to mention that team has many of the people we think will go early: Harold, Leshawna, Bridgette, and Ezekiel.

However, we can't say anything for sure. We learned last season (and I went back and watched) how easy it was to explain someone's absense in a trailer scene after we saw it in the episode, and this is especially true for fan favorite Zeke.

DC-Dude

[25]Nov 15, 2009
    • level: 26

Bridgette going early? That messes up my elimination prediction order!

Oh, and the flyer says 15 contestants, so I imagine that one of them, perhaps Owen or Duncan, becomes an intern!

My order if Duncan wins TDA:

Duncan

Harold (sadly)

Leshawna

Owen

Lindsay

Heather

DJ

Courtney

Tyler

Sierra

Izzy

Cody

Gwen

Alejandro

Noah

Bridgette

shishkabob999

[26]Nov 15, 2009
    I think it's interesting that the flip book says fifteen contestants compete, yet it has sixteen (not even including Ezekiel) pictured on the next page. That could give some weight to the theory that Duncan refuses to sing or gets eliminated before being placed on a team? And it could also mean that Ezekiel was added as an afterthought in-universe, like Izzy snuck him on under Chris' nose.

HaydenAvery

[27]Nov 15, 2009
    • level: 21
    thatd be funny. i hope harold doesnt leave early. the trailers trying to trick us i think. team amazon: courtney, gwen, heather, cody, sierra, and duncan? looks that way. maybe zeke and eva are brought in to make 18 and the eliminations start after the teams are made.

The_Cartoon

[28]Nov 15, 2009
    • level: 20
    I think that the teams are mostly obvious

Team 1 (Team Amazon)
    Cody
    Sierra
    Courtney
    Gwen
    Heather
    Duncan

Team 2
    Izzy
    Owen
    Noah
    Tyler
    Alejandro

Team 3
    DJ
    Lindsay
    Bridgette
    Ezekiel
    LeShawna
    Harold

It is odd for one team to have less members though. Probably a good thing since that team will probably last the longest without an elimination. And since I don't want any of those characters gone early, a relief. But it is still odd. Ezekiel isn't mentioned in the pamphlet but is clearly a contestant. Not sure what to believe.

HaydenAvery

[29]Nov 15, 2009
    duncans on the same team as all the girls he has a relationship with. if all those first few eliminations were true then team 3 would be reduced to nothing.

Riankg

[30]Nov 15, 2009
    HaydenAvery wrote:
    duncans on the same team as all the girls he has a relationship with. if all those first few eliminations were true then team 3 would be reduced to nothing.

I was thinking about this as well. Just DJ and Lindsay would remain in the team. But maybe Chris then notice that and add Lindsay to one team and DJ to the other..(just an idea)..

alagaesian

[31]Nov 15, 2009
    Or maybe it will turn out like a few other Survivor seasons; the dysfunctional team shakes off its awkward and useless members, then becomes an elite fighting force that brings the other team it its knees. Or, in this case, the other team-S. Perhaps Team DJ loses a couple people, then finds its groove and starts kicking the other teams' butts.

Perhaps Duncan and Ezekiel are eliminated via double-elimination before the teams form, like in TDA? Just a thought. Then again, Zeke is seen in an elimination ceremony with five other people, which implies that he is on their team. Dissecting the next trailer will most likely clear this up a bit.

Riankg

[32]Nov 15, 2009
    But maybe we couldnt see Duncan..maybe he was in that scene but we couldnt see it because the "camera" wasnt focusing in him..
    Edited on 11/15/2009 11:06am

shishkabob999

[33]Nov 15, 2009
    Yeah, but we might not get a 'next' trailer after the TDA finale, since we don't know when TDM actually starts.

To be honest, I don't know if Duncan would be on Team Amazon - the point seems to be to contrast the four-guys-one-girl structure of Alejandro's team with the four girls and Cody.

Riankg

[34]Nov 15, 2009
    Actually I think that might be right..

If Duncan is one of the first being eliminated and if in that team we will have a bigger number of girls. So it would be Sierra, Gwen, Courtney, Heather, Cody and Duncan. Duncan eliminated soon, it would remain those other five. AND..if you noticed, in the trailer Duncan when he is going down that pyramid, we see him carring Courtney and Gwen, well another point that helps to prove that he is in their team...team Amazon.

Riankg

[35]Nov 15, 2009
    Ohh..but i remembered something. Maybe in the egyptian's challenges they still arent teams. Because we can see a pic where Cody is in the same camel as Izzy and some others..and as they proved Cody is in a team with only girls, besides him. So...

And if this happen, Duncan would be the first eliminated then Zeke.

alagaesian

[36]Nov 15, 2009
    ^ And Alejandro is pyramid-surfing with Lindsay and Bridgette, two girls that are most likely NOT on his team.

And I just realized something that might be an inside joke. The Amazons were a group of warrior-women who would only marry a man who could match them in battle. Team Amazon has four girls, the most of any team. Get it?

TBMSFriday

[37]Nov 15, 2009
    Noah FTW! He's just epic, and smart, and sarcastic....and maybe he could be manipulative...

HaydenAvery

[38]Nov 15, 2009
    and a possible villain. owen was laying on him and that seems like karma if you ask me.

shishkabob999

[39]Nov 15, 2009
    HaydenAvery wrote:
    and a possible villain. owen was laying on him and that seems like karma if you ask me.

Not really, since it happened to Lindsay in TDA instead of to Courtney... although he did land on Heather in TDI.

HaydenAvery

[40]Nov 15, 2009
    speaking of owen. whens he eliminated and is dropped out of the plane maybe he'll land near an all you can eat restaurant.