We're moving Forums to the Community pages. Click here for more information and updates.

Season 3 Discussion Thread....SPOILERS allowed...

HaydenAvery

[141]Nov 25, 2009
    • level: 21
    good thinking. you make alejandro sound more interesting than justin. breaking news: i went to toonzone. and they say christian potenza confirmed there are plans for a 4th season!
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

iamtunk

[142]Nov 25, 2009
    • level: 13

well, it will be interesting to see what they do with him and if they go in any of those directions

HaydenAvery wrote:
    what i want to know is that now that her hairs grown back will she go back to being an antagonist?

lol, perhaps.

HaydenAvery wrote:
    good thinking. you make alejandro sound more interesting than justin. breaking news: i went to toonzone. and they say christian potenza confirmed there are plans for a 4th season!

heck yeah! that'd be awesome!

Edited on 11/25/2009 4:09pm

HaydenAvery

[143]Nov 25, 2009
    the guy isnt allowed to spill what the 4th season is about however. i imagine sierra and alejandro may move onto that season, plus more new characters.

The_Cartoon

[144]Nov 25, 2009
    • level: 20
    HaydenAvery wrote:
    the guy isnt allowed to spill what the 4th season is about however. i imagine sierra and alejandro may move onto that season, plus more new characters.

I just saw that too. I asked him where he at least got that information. No response yet, but this is fantastic news either way!

shishkabob999

[145]Nov 25, 2009
    • level: 9
    Sian, once again I agree 100% with you. Personally, I'd rather not have him be an "Arch Villan", since he is a new guy, but I guess to separate him from Justin (a minor antagonist at best), he has to go big or do nothing.

tigerty101

[146]Nov 25, 2009
    • level: 15

My first glance at the characters from the trailer, made me think I'm not going to like either of them at all. Since I can't stand people who use their looks to get far, I'll probably dislike Aljahandro. If he's more like Heather in season one then Justin in the first half of season 2, then I might like him. Sierra depends fully on how she acts after the first few episodes. I can understand being insanely excited on the first couple episodes, but if that's how she'll act the entire season, then she'll probably drop fast on my list. Hopefully the trailer is a little misleading on their true personalities (the main thing that determines if I like them or not), otherwise I'll just be counting the episodes until their sweet elimination.

Oh, and I've changed my opinion on Lindsay having a chance at winning. I don't think any of the character who've made it past the merge the last 2 seasons, (Duncan, Leshawna, Lindsay, Owen) will last long this season too. Owen'll be the first off his team, Duncan his, Leshawna will be 2nd off her team, and Lindsay'll probably go near her teams merge.

Season 4 confirmed? neat.

Edited on 11/25/2009 4:30pm

PintheDog

[147]Nov 25, 2009
    • level: 29
    HaydenAvery wrote:
    Sierra (not kathie) is my favorite new character because shes giving cody a plot.

Uh, don't bother. She's gonna keep calling her that for some stupid reason I don't understand. Even after the show (and Cake) made it clear what her name's going to be.
    Edited on 11/25/2009 5:49pm

shishkabob999

[148]Nov 25, 2009
    PintheDog wrote:
    HaydenAvery wrote:
    Sierra (not kathie) is my favorite new character because shes giving cody a plot.

Uh, don't bother. She's gonna keep calling her that for some stupid reaosn I don't understand. Even after the show (and Cake) made it clear what her name's going to be.

Because I do. People can say TDA isn't canon because they don't like it. People can bash Owen because they don't like him. I don't call her Sierra because I don't like it.

PintheDog

[149]Nov 25, 2009
    shishkabob999 wrote:
    PintheDog wrote:
    HaydenAvery wrote:

Uh, don't bother. She's gonna keep calling her that for some stupid reason I don't understand. Even after the show (and Cake) made it clear what her name's going to be.

Because I do. People can say TDA isn't canon because they don't like it. People can bash Owen because they don't like him. I don't call her Sierra because I don't like it.

TOO BAD. That's her name. And I've always thought Sierra is a lovely name. Not just for fictional characters, but for people in real life, too.

shishkabob999

[150]Nov 25, 2009
    PintheDog wrote:
    TOO BAD. That's her name.

Well, good thing the whole "free country" thing still applies. ^^

alagaesian

[151]Nov 25, 2009
    • level: 12
    ^ Frankly, the only thing I'm worried about in this is that you're going to accidentally make a typo, and we're all going to be wondering, "Woah, does Katie really like Cody? I thought that was just fanfiction.net!"

How many seasons can these people keep doing? From a writer's standpoint, I know IT IS HARD trying to come up with fresh, exciting plot for the same old characters over and over and over in a reality show setting. There can only really be a limited number of couples, and therefore a limited number of things they can do with the show in the romance department. If they're only going to add two or three new characters in each season, they're still going to need to find a ton of ways to play with the 'old' characters before there are finally enough people in the show to finally crowd out all the overplayed, overrated season stars that are absolutely wrung out of all drama-inducing possibilities. That's going to take quite a few new seasons.

iamtunk

[152]Nov 25, 2009
    There are plenty of characters that haven't gotten as much screen time as the others. Noah, Ezekiel, and Tyler have, imo, AT LEAST 2 seasons (probably more) left in them before they get old. This season could develop their characters and another season to continue with what's been developed. Other characters that have been around a lot I still find interesting (like Heather and Lindsay) and I don't mind having them around a while longer.

as for romance, i think they can be realistic and have all kinds of love triangles and hexagons or whatever (which they kinda been doing). they don't have to keep it at the same 6 couples (though maybe the 6 original couples will be the end result) the entire time. Besides, with 24 teens interacting with eachother, I really doubt only 6 couples will form out of that. I think a limited amount of couples is less likely (I'm not saying everyone's going to hook up and pair off evenly, that's just silly)

it's just like any other show, really. It is possible to come with 8 or 9 or 10 seasons for a show and have it still be entertaining (though rare, i guess). And to be honest, imo, because there is eliminations and a good portion of the characters are only there for a short amount of time (or don't even end up in the season) then there is a better chance of it not getting old because there are opportunities to rotate them and how often they're used.

I personally still think there's a lot that can be done with most of the characters. (for example, Heather if they go the redemptive route. Or explore her geeky past and why she's so mean) and I don't really want a bunch of new characters eventually taking over. (I don't mind them adding new characters, I'm just fond of the "old" one's)

The only reason some characters are getting old to me is because I wasn't that into them in the first place.

as for Lindsay not winning, I hope you're wrong tigerty.

alagaesian

[153]Nov 26, 2009
    • level: 12
    Why does everyone want or think that Linsay will win? I can understand how someone could see her winning if she was in the final three or something, but out of seventeen different contestants? It's not like she's an uber-favorite, like Noah, Gwen, or Cody. Plus, she's had a good amount of plot and development though both seasons. The only reason I can see her getting to the merge is that half of her assumed teammates look like they're going to be voted off early in the season.

Izzy winning, understandable, just like how Owen won last season. Plus, she's the only girl on her team, and like someone said previously, that pretty much makes her immune until either more girls get put with her or she gets to the merge.

Cody, similar.

timgueguen

[154]Nov 26, 2009
    I suspect that if there is a fourth season it will be the last, just going on what happened with 6teen. Of course Total Drama has had a much more compact production cycle than 6teen. But I don't get the impression Fresh are into driving their series into the ground by overstaying their welcome.

One thing it will be interesting to see is whether the "around the world in 80 musical numbers" type format will reveal some of the ethnic backgroud of the characters. For example Heather's fear of sumo wrestlers implies she might be of Japanese descent, and since there's an episode set in Japan we could get confirmation of this.

iamtunk

[155]Nov 26, 2009
    alagaesian wrote:
    Why does everyone want or think that Linsay will win? I can understand how someone could see her winning if she was in the final three or something, but out of seventeen different contestants? It's not like she's an uber-favorite, like Noah, Gwen, or Cody. Plus, she's had a good amount of plot and development though both seasons. The only reason I can see her getting to the merge is that half of her assumed teammates look like they're going to be voted off early in the season.

Izzy winning, understandable, just like how Owen won last season. Plus, she's the only girl on her team, and like someone said previously, that pretty much makes her immune until either more girls get put with her or she gets to the merge.

Cody, similar.

I want Lindsay to win because she's my favorite character, simple as that. I don't necessarily think she will win, but I think it would be funny if she did, since she's such an idiot. And maybe they will make her win simply for laughs (and because you wouldn't really expect the ditz to win). However, I have no idea what the producers plan and I won't be surprised either way if she wins or loses. Regardless of how much plot and character development she has I hope she sticks around for a while at the least.

I don't really want Izzy to win. Sorry. I like her sometimes, but sometimes she just bugs me.

Cody, however, I will be happy if he wins.

shishkabob999

[156]Nov 26, 2009
    I don't think Cody will win, it's clear from the trailer that he's a big protagonist this season.

HaydenAvery

[157]Nov 26, 2009
    izzy winning is bound to happen.

Skyancez

[158]Nov 26, 2009
    • level: 14
    Fools! Watch Tyler come out of the woodwork and win the whole thing!!

iamtunk

[159]Nov 26, 2009
    Okay, what makes you guys be so sure Izzy and Tyler will win? I mean, it's possible and I can see why Izzy might be have a good possibility but let's at least have the season START before making such grand assumptions.

And how does Cody being a big protagonist make it less likely for him to win?

PintheDog

[160]Nov 26, 2009
    timgueguen wrote:
    One thing it will be interesting to see is whether the "around the world in 80 musical numbers" type format will reveal some of the ethnic backgroud of the characters. For example Heather's fear of sumo wrestlers implies she might be of Japanese descent, and since there's an episode set in Japan we could get confirmation of this.

Heather's actually Chinese, not Japanese.

iamtunk wrote:
    I want Lindsay to win because she's my favorite character, simple as that. I don't necessarily think she will win, but I think it would be funny if she did, since she's such an idiot. And maybe they will make her win simply for laughs (and because you wouldn't really expect the ditz to win).

Jordan Lloyd of Big Brother 11 showed it's possible for a total ditz to win a reality show. So I'm no longer gonna be surprised if it happens on a cartoon reality show, as well.