We're moving Forums to the Community pages. Click here for more information and updates.

iCarly Forums

Nickelodeon (ended 2012)

What will Nickelodeon be like when iCarly ends?

Aprilshakira

[121]Jun 2, 2010
    • level: 10

The only good writers on Nickelodeon in my opinion are Dan Schneider and Jack Mackie (Ned's Declassified.) But all the other writers should be replaced, pretty much. Todd J. Greenwald on Wizards is alright too.

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

MoonMarvel

[122]Jun 5, 2010
    • level: 5
    schillingklaus wrote:

Victorious will soon take over, so it won't be a big loss

That show isnt anywhere near as good or well reviewed. Also like before Nick will just find another show. Nick isnt going anywhere, no network has ever died because one show ended and that wont happen here. BTW, Power Rangers are coming to Nick with Haim Saban running the show like the old days. That may help.

hardcorefakes

[123]Jun 29, 2010
    • level: 7

we have victorious and SPONGEBOB!!!!!!!!!!!!

AlperYlmaz

[124]Jul 8, 2010
    • level: 3

for me, victorious only got 4 million views because of ads Dan made on iCarly. Otherwise, I remember a 7.5 note on tv.com and horrible reviews at wikipedia. iCarly is the only good show, reached a huge success (remember? 12 million views on iSaved Your Life premiere) If that ends, yes Victorious will take over but it'll be forgotten like Hannah Montana and Sonny With a Chance. Zoey 101 ended, Drake&Josh also ended for me. I hate Disney nowadays as it has horrible shows. I even have a proof, it can roughly pull 3 million views. Nowadays iCarly is a jewel for nick, It can even go for a fifth season. But I doubt because of the actors will be 18 and go to college(or they can postpone college togo for a fifth season) We can even see a four-episode movie of iCarly XD

Edited on 07/08/2010 3:55am

ruffmanfan88

[125]Jul 8, 2010
    • level: 12
    well dan won't cancel iVarly inless the fan want more and the actors want to continue. I saw the actors will continue but the will just be shorter seasons. right now nathen is in 12th and jenete and miranda are done with school as I can tell. Drake bell and josh beck went to collage and did the show I think. There are actors and actress that go to collage and still do a show. They might continue with the show and just shoot iCarly in the summer only and dan can work on Victorious the other months of the year. Really it is the third season for them. we still have an iCarly movie in the works for 2012 or something. Dan did also say there would be episodes going through at least 2011. I could see the show going at least maybe a 6th season (airing wise) 5th season (production wise.) The show has been nominatied for an other emmy this year. Dan would be making another show one day when iCarly is done. In my opion the cast will continue and just go to collage at the same time. The show is a big hit.

frontman19

[126]Jul 8, 2010
    • level: 14

Actually, Miranda and Nathan are starting 12th grade and Jennette is done with school, but I still think this show ends after this coming 4th season, and then Nickelodeon goes down the tubes even more then it is now. Unless there's some genius new show for the 2011 season, then Nickelodeon is screwed.

abcfamilyfan

[127]Jul 8, 2010
    • level: 2
    schillingklaus wrote:

Victorious will soon take over, so it won't be a big loss

i think it will get canceled soon icarly becuz when i carly started drake and josh got canceled so i think now when Victorious started icarly will soon be canceled.

and i never watch nick anyway only when i babysit

Checkpoint24

[128]Jul 9, 2010

I'd be pretty surprised if icarly went a 5th season still going strong. As much as I'd like to see it happen, I really doubt it will. Nick is not going to crash and burn though when icarly ends, there are still plenty of decent shows. Victorious is promising and apparently I'm the only one in the universe who really likes The Troop.

ruffmanfan88

[129]Jul 9, 2010
    • level: 12

First off drake and josh ended because they did not want to do it any more iCarly had nothing to do with it. Also if you think of it iCarly is kind of really in thier third season. Season 2 was split in half. Really according to TVguide msn and some other sites icarly is going into it's third season . Maybe it should be changed back on here and wiki and we ignore on what dan said about the third/second season. Here's is production years for all of dans shows

Show Years Aired Years in Production # of episodes Produced Status

Drake & Josh 2004–2007 2003–2006 57 Ended

Zoey 101 2005–2008 2004–2007 65 Ended

iCarly 2007–present 2007–present 70 Returning Series

All That 1994–2005 1994–2005 181 Ended

Victorious 2010–present 2009–present 20 New Series

The Amanda Show 1999–2002 1999–2002 46 Ended

Kenan & Kel 1996–2000 1995–2000 61 Ended

most of his series over lapped. Mostly his shows got cancelled/ended was because the stars didn't want to do it any more. for The Amanda Show it kind of had to end since it was going to star drake and josh. if you go here http://intensedebate.com/people/DanWarp/1 and go through his answers to fan, some of them he explains why is shows ended. also he stated in one article http://danwarp.blogspot.com/2010/02/victorious-coming-soon-icarly-goin.html

serveral things about the show and the network asked him to make 26 episodes and could be more after that. Also one more thing here's what detirmains how a shows get cancelled or ends.

(A) Ratings: If a show isn't drawing a big enough audience, the network will cancel the series. Luckily, that's not a concern for iCarly, because it's currently the most popular TV show on all of Nickelodeon and Disney. In 2008, iCarly drew significantly more viewers than Hannah Montana. And iCarly continues to climb even higher above the pack in 2009. So, ratings is not an issue for iCarly.

(B) Number of episodes needed: I have no idea how the network decides when a series has made "enough" episodes. "The Amanda Show" was a big hit, but the network pulled the plug after only 41 episodes. Very weird. All That was a also a big hit, and I think we made close to 150 episodes of that series. Currently, I think we've shot 52 or 53 episodes of iCarly. We'll definitely make at least 70 episodes. And there's a good chance we'll make more after that -- but it's not definite.

(C) How long the cast wants to continue: When a series begins, the network makes a contract with the stars to perform in the series for a number of years, or seasons (cycles). When those contracts expire, the actor has the choice of continuing with the series, or not. Sometimes, an actor will feel they've had enough -- and they'll want to move on and do other things (new TV shows, movies, whatever). Other times, they'll want to continue with the series, and then their agent will negotiate a new deal with the network, for the actor to appear in more episodes.

(D) How long I want to continue: Just like the actors, when I begin a new series with a network, my contract requires me to make a certain number of episodes (as long as the network wants me to keep making them). Then, at some point, my contract expires. When that happens, I have the option of "stepping down" as the showrunner. If I choose to step down (leave the show), the network would then make a choice -- they'd either hire another showrunner to replace me on iCarly, or they could just cancel the series. But... let's just say... I really LIKE making iCarly.

I can still see the show still keep on going.

Edited on 07/09/2010 2:56pm

MusicAddictBabe

[130]Jul 9, 2010
    • level: 18
    I got overwhelmed with reading all this after my last post. So I just skimmed. I don't remember everybody who said some of this stuff, but I do have responses.

Pixar - What episode did Candace Cameron guest-star in?! FH is amazing and I don't think I ever noticed that!

I like BTR and The Troop to an extent so technically...someone does like those shows....As for True Jackson, yeah, I noticed that too that they may lie about the disclaimer thing with the live audience. I sometimes listen closely to see if I can tell. Sometimes that show can be pretty unfunny, though. And iCarly does have it's sentimental moments but at the same time it often seems like it's only when Carly and Sam make up after a fight or Freddie and his mom (I think). Eh, I don't really know...that's too much thinking for me, school's out lol. And I guess there is that part in iEnrage Gibby with Gibby and Freddie.

They should bring a lot of shows back. Everytime I turn to Nickelodeon, it's always the same thing over again. iCarly's been on a lot. So hasn't BTR and Penguins. It's kind of ironic, actually. I remember always thinking to myself that I wished they played iCarly a lot more and I always loved those Webby Wednesday things they did with a two-hour block of the show. Now, they play it a lot and it's ok but sometimes I get bored. It's also a good thing that when I sit down and it's on that, if I don't like the episode, "the next one might be better" lol.

Idk. I think I'd start to get a little annoyed if this show went any further than four seasons. I guess five wouldn't be so bad, but not six. You'd run out of ideas eventually. I mean, look at half the old shows that used to be on. What do you hear a lot of people say about some of them? "It's not a bad show, but I love the older episodes better," or something along the lines of the show going downhill or how you can tell they're milking it (like High School Musical...only I never watched it, my friend did and that's what she's said about it).

pixarprincess

[131]Jul 10, 2010
    • level: 13

It was one of the very last episodes of TSR. "Teacher's Pet", I think it's called. Raven gets a new, young teacher who's easygoing and fun- and then she (accidentally) gets her fired while trying to postpone a test.

Edited on 07/10/2010 10:58am

Aprilshakira

[132]Jul 10, 2010

iCarly reminds me of The Nanny which now runs on Nick @ Nite. In a way CC and Niles are like Seddie, Fran looks almost exactly like Carly and the humor is similar. It went downhill once season 6 rolled along, so I think iCarly should end season 4 with a movie, based mostly on the relationships of everyone. It should be in theaters so their can be swearing and stuff..

Girlygirl24

[133]Jul 10, 2010
    • level: 28
    Aprilshakira wrote:

iCarly reminds me of The Nanny which now runs on Nick @ Nite. In a way CC and Niles are like Seddie, Fran looks almost exactly like Carly and the humor is similar. It went downhill once season 6 rolled along, so I think iCarly should end season 4 with a movie, based mostly on the relationships of everyone. It should be in theaters so their can be swearing and stuff..

And it should be PG-13 lol jk

pscf3

[134]Jul 11, 2010
    • level: 16
    The troop is okay, and a herd that it got renewed for 2nd Season. BTR and Neds declassified were both made by Jack Mackie. They both have a differenty kind of comedy, but I like them. True Jackson is okay, and this should be the last season. Dans shows keep going downhill. Drake and Josh was great(and my favorite tv show ever). iCarly Is also great, just not as good as d&j. Victorious is good but not as good as iCarly and nowhere close to d&j.

As for the animation, fb&cc is horrible. Spongebob and Penguins are good.

The troop,BTR, and iCarly are shooting new seasons currenty.
    TJVP and Victorious are airing and have not been renewed for another season.

If I were Dan ,I would end iCarly this year, considering the actor and actress ages, and the fact that it has way more episodes then his other shows (except for All That). He may also run out of ideas and it won't be as good. He should end it while it's still good.

Once iCarly ends, nickelodeon will still be good, yet nowhere as good as it is now.

Aprilshakira

[135]Jul 11, 2010
    pscf3 wrote:
    The troop is okay, and a herd that it got renewed for 2nd Season. BTR and Neds declassified were both made by Jack Mackie. They both have a differenty kind of comedy, but I like them. True Jackson is okay, and this should be the last season. Dans shows keep going downhill. Drake and Josh was great(and my favorite tv show ever). iCarly Is also great, just not as good as d&j. Victorious is good but not as good as iCarly and nowhere close to d&j.

If I were Dan ,I would end iCarly this year, considering the actor and actress ages, and the fact that it has way more episodes then his other shows (except for All That). He may also run out of ideas and it won't be as good. He should end it while it's still good.

Once iCarly ends, nickelodeon will still be good, yet nowhere as good as it is now.

Agreed. I think Dan should move on to writing adult TV shows.

pscf3

[136]Jul 11, 2010
    Yea, iCarly is very dirty, and season 1 of d&j would have fit right in on abc. He should deffienty move on to "adult shows".
    Aprilshakira wrote:
    pscf3 wrote:

Agreed. I think Dan should move on to writing adult TV shows.

NatalieTV100

[137]Jul 11, 2010

I agree that Dans should move on to adult shows. He has the mentality for it(just look at the innuendos in his shows).

carcrashheart17

[138]Jul 12, 2010
    I think I may die, well I will cry and fast for a week and write to Nick and tell them I won't eat until they bring it back (or something like that ) At least Big Time Rush is on, I can watch those four hot guys run around all day

pscf3

[139]Jul 12, 2010
    I would be THAT upset unless it had a really bad ending.
    carcrashheart17 wrote:
    I think I may die, well I will cry and fast for a week and write to Nick and tell them I won't eat until they bring it back (or something like that ) At least Big Time Rush is on, I can watch those four hot guys run around all day

marcdragicevic

[140]Jul 14, 2010
    • level: 21
    Well, at least Victorious is on.... I will be happy.

Drake and Josh/ Zoey 101 episode still air though.