We're moving Forums to the Community pages. Click here for more information and updates.

iCarly Forums

Nickelodeon (ended 2012)

What will Nickelodeon be like when iCarly ends?

NatalieTV100

[181]Aug 7, 2010
    • level: 10
    Uranium_OJ wrote:

I'm really NOT looking forward to Nick post-iCarly. I'm so upset about it, I try my best to not think of it too much. It's the only kids' show I watch nowadays. It's like breaking away from my childhood in a way. (Cheesy, I know..)

When Drake and Josh ended, I wasn't too worried, because then I discovered iCarly. I guess in iCarly's case, the next "big" show would be Victorious. Sad face.

I really don't like Victoria Justice. I'm so pleasantly surprised that not a lot of you like her either. She's overrated, a mediocre actress and just seems like one of those people who think they're awesome when they're really not that good. Her roles bore me. Although she may play slightly different characters, she plays them the SAME way with the SAME tone and attitude. Blech.

Oh my GOD. Big time rush stinks worse than rotting casserole. I watched five minutes of ONE episode and besides feeling sickened, I felt sad for the writers who are trying so terribly hard to make a living and instead have to carry the responsibility of writing THAT trainwreck. I mean, it's a great concept- if only they added some realism to it. It's so fake and plastic and disgusting. I wish they actually put more thought into how a real garage band-turned superstars would act- how they would change, what obstacles they would have to overcome, what groupies they would-...nevermind...

The saddest part is, that's what they THINK we like. The writers are so clueless sometimes. Where is the Boy meets world of our generation? The Lizzie McGuire? Fresh Prince? NED'S DECLASSIFIED?Sad face.

Heck, i would rather have That's so raven make a come back. I love comedies about African-American families. THEY should add more diversity to the network, too. Seriously, they are ALL caucasian. They should have one show about asians or indians or something.

I sort of agree about Victoria Justice. I don't have anything againist her, but I have to admit she is a bit overrated and I noticed by watching Victorious that she tends to overact alot and she sometimes overdoes lines that should just be said effortlessly. It's almost like she tries too hard to be funny. As for Big Time Rush I personally like to watch it because I enjoy laughing at other people acting stupid(which is bascially what the show is about), but I was suprised to find out that the SAME writers/creators of Ned's Declassified were the ones to come up with "Big Time Rush". And I agree so much about diversity. The other day on YouTube I looked up this one Canadian TV show called "How to be Indie" it was basically like That's so Raven, except the girl wasn't psychic and her family was Indian. It was really interesting, the humor was kinda similar to Ned's Declassified in a way. I always wanted Nick to have a show that was like that, the last "diverse" show I can remember is Kenan and Kel or Taina( somebody please correct me if i'm wrong). I'm just hoping that a really awesome show comes along by the time iCarly is cancelled...
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

Uranium_OJ

[182]Aug 7, 2010
    • level: 6
    hardcorefakes wrote:
    Uranium_OJ wrote:

I'm really NOT looking forward to Nick post-iCarly. I'm so upset about it, I try my best to not think of it too much. It's the only kids' show I watch nowadays. It's like breaking away from my childhood in a way. (Cheesy, I know..)

When Drake and Josh ended, I wasn't too worried, because then I discovered iCarly. I guess in iCarly's case, the next "big" show would be Victorious. Sad face.

I really don't like Victoria Justice. I'm so pleasantly surprised that not a lot of you like her either. She's overrated, a mediocre actress and just seems like one of those people who think they're awesome when they're really not that good. Her roles bore me. Although she may play slightly different characters, she plays them the SAME way with the SAME tone and attitude. Blech.

Oh my GOD. Big time rush stinks worse than rotting casserole. I watched five minutes of ONE episode and besides feeling sickened, I felt sad for the writers who are trying so terribly hard to make a living and instead have to carry the responsibility of writing THAT trainwreck. I mean, it's a great concept- if only they added some realism to it. It's so fake and plastic and disgusting. I wish they actually put more thought into how a real garage band-turned superstars would act- how they would change, what obstacles they would have to overcome, what groupies they would-...nevermind...

The saddest part is, that's what they THINK we like. The writers are so clueless sometimes. Where is the Boy meets world of our generation? The Lizzie McGuire? Fresh Prince? NED'S DECLASSIFIED?Sad face.

Heck, i would rather have That's so raven make a come back. I love comedies about African-American families. THEY should add more diversity to the network, too. Seriously, they are ALL caucasian. They should have one show about asians or indians or something.

LOL to the MAX

Okay...I hope you mean that in a good way.

IamMiranda

[183]Aug 7, 2010
    • level: 1

guys dont worry Icarly wont be ending soon. We still have a whole season ahead of us. and trust em its gunna be a great 1!

and even when it does end there are still great shows like Victorious, BTR and True Jackson!

schillingklaus

[184]Aug 8, 2010
    • level: 12
    Andr'e from Victorious is an Afro-American.

Michael from Zoey 101 was an Afro-American.

Drake and Josh featured occasionally Helen Baxter. iCarly has got its principals, i.e. Principal Franklin. Ned's Declassified had Simon Nelson Cooke.

Big Time Rush features Kelly Wainright.

Unfabulous featured Zachariah Carter Schwartz and (occasionally} Cranberry Sinclair.

True Jackson is an Afro-American. And she's the hero of the show. This proves that there are many Afro-American heroes in Nickelodeon's real action shows, and not only caucasians.

marcdragicevic

[185]Aug 8, 2010
    • level: 21
    schillingklaus wrote:
    Andr'e from Victorious is an Afro-American.

Michael from Zoey 101 was an Afro-American.

Drake and Josh featured occasionally Helen Baxter. iCarly has got its principals, i.e. Principal Franklin. Ned's Declassified had Simon Nelson Cooke.

Big Time Rush features Kelly Wainright.

Unfabulous featured Zachariah Carter Schwartz and (occasionally} Cranberry Sinclair.

True Jackson is an Afro-American. And she's the hero of the show. This proves that there are many Afro-American heroes in Nickelodeon's real action shows, and not only caucasians.

Hmm... what about this exactly?

MusicAddictBabe

[186]Aug 8, 2010
    • level: 18
    Thanks for agreeing, you guys . I have to flippin' result in browsing, like, 50 pages on Google just to look up old cartoon episodes. I did end up finding MLAATR, Danny Phantom, and Zoey 101.

NatalieTV - I hated All Grown Up too. But I'd do just about anything to see it again...no, nevermind, it's not worth it. But I would do just about anything for the other good shows. I wouldn't mind seeing the shows that I even didn't like if that meant that they were bringing old shows back. I'd love that. And you'd think Nickelodeon would realize this and bring that back. But it's true. Once Nick notices a show has ended, it no longer airs it. I mean, what's up with that? My summers used to consist of me sitting in front of the TV for hours just because of that. Now, I hardly ever turn it to Nick unless a good episode is on. See? It used to be, "I'll flip to it and if I like the show that's currently on, I'll watch it, but if not, I'll come back in a half-an-hour because the stupid show will probably be over by then, and if not, in an hour, for sure (unless a marathon's on)." Now, it's, "I'll flip it to that channel and if a good episode of whatever show's on...is on, I'll watch it and if not, I'll change it back...maybe...but this show is getting so annoying and overplayed now, I may not switch it back. Whatever. Somebody'll happily be watching." I so miss Kenan and Kel.

Evening_Haze - Oi. The stupid endings of shows. They irk me almost as much as the show not coming on at all! lol. Exactly. What's weird, though, is that I say that but half the shows we've mentioned I don't recall the last episodes to (I don't quite remember the last episodes of Avatar, Teenage Robot, or AGU...). Though, I may have actually watched the last episode of MLAATR...but online, not on TV. And I think it was discontinued. I hate that too. It stinks when shows don't end and just discontinue . So sad. Anyway, like I was saying. I remember that part of Avatar and that does bug me too. I thought they had that HA! movie already. Or was that something else?

Why do they wanna target tweens so badly?

OJ - I know! Before they had anything to do with Victorious, I remember them making such a huge fuss over Victoria Justice. Blahblahblah...Shelby Marxx on iCarly. Whatever. I absolutely hated it when they said something about her being everybody's favorite Nick star, too. Like, really? In Z101, she was my least-liked character on the show. And about the 'similar characters' thing - I know, I agree. Ned's Declassified was amazing. I so miss that show. I even remember vowing to make my own Survival Guide using those same tips. I never got the chance because after the last episode, they played it through the summer and one more time the following V-Day, I think, and never showed it again. It saddened me...no, wait. It SADDENS me. :'(. Nick can be so oblivious sometimes. Sorry, that probably sounded really rude, but idc anymore. I wish the old shows would come back. They were good and, obviously, what we're into.

Schilling - Yeah, but out of all of those mentioned...True Jackson is the only show currently airing with the main character "un-caucasion" (I think I totally spelled that wrong). The rest no longer due. That's what Uranium_OJ is saying. I think.

Dude, even Nick@Nite is doing better. I was so excited when they brought back Family Matters.

And the fact that the splat's gone...it's like how Cartoon Network has CN Real...it just isn't the same network after that.

AND I APPOLOGIZE FOR my comments getting longer. This is just one subject that gets me ranting lol. I could go on and on. So, I'm sorry if I bore any of you reading this. It just...grr...irks me!

T7F

[187]Aug 9, 2010
    • level: 7
    MusicAddictBabe wrote:

Dude, even Nick@Nite is doing better. I was so excited when they brought back Family Matters.

YES! And also Teh Nanny

NatalieTV100

[188]Aug 9, 2010
    MusicAddictBabe wrote:
    Thanks for agreeing, you guys . I have to flippin' result in browsing, like, 50 pages on Google just to look up old cartoon episodes. I did end up finding MLAATR, Danny Phantom, and Zoey 101.

NatalieTV - I hated All Grown Up too. But I'd do just about anything to see it again...no, nevermind, it's not worth it. But I would do just about anything for the other good shows. I wouldn't mind seeing the shows that I even didn't like if that meant that they were bringing old shows back. I'd love that. And you'd think Nickelodeon would realize this and bring that back. But it's true. Once Nick notices a show has ended, it no longer airs it. I mean, what's up with that? My summers used to consist of me sitting in front of the TV for hours just because of that. Now, I hardly ever turn it to Nick unless a good episode is on. See? It used to be, "I'll flip to it and if I like the show that's currently on, I'll watch it, but if not, I'll come back in a half-an-hour because the stupid show will probably be over by then, and if not, in an hour, for sure (unless a marathon's on)." Now, it's, "I'll flip it to that channel and if a good episode of whatever show's on...is on, I'll watch it and if not, I'll change it back...maybe...but this show is getting so annoying and overplayed now, I may not switch it back. Whatever. Somebody'll happily be watching." I so miss Kenan and Kel.

Evening_Haze - Oi. The stupid endings of shows. They irk me almost as much as the show not coming on at all! lol. Exactly. What's weird, though, is that I say that but half the shows we've mentioned I don't recall the last episodes to (I don't quite remember the last episodes of Avatar, Teenage Robot, or AGU...). Though, I may have actually watched the last episode of MLAATR...but online, not on TV. And I think it was discontinued. I hate that too. It stinks when shows don't end and just discontinue . So sad. Anyway, like I was saying. I remember that part of Avatar and that does bug me too. I thought they had that HA! movie already. Or was that something else?

Why do they wanna target tweens so badly?

OJ - I know! Before they had anything to do with Victorious, I remember them making such a huge fuss over Victoria Justice. Blahblahblah...Shelby Marxx on iCarly. Whatever. I absolutely hated it when they said something about her being everybody's favorite Nick star, too. Like, really? In Z101, she was my least-liked character on the show. And about the 'similar characters' thing - I know, I agree. Ned's Declassified was amazing. I so miss that show. I even remember vowing to make my own Survival Guide using those same tips. I never got the chance because after the last episode, they played it through the summer and one more time the following V-Day, I think, and never showed it again. It saddened me...no, wait. It SADDENS me. :'(. Nick can be so oblivious sometimes. Sorry, that probably sounded really rude, but idc anymore. I wish the old shows would come back. They were good and, obviously, what we're into.

Schilling - Yeah, but out of all of those mentioned...True Jackson is the only show currently airing with the main character "un-caucasion" (I think I totally spelled that wrong). The rest no longer due. That's what Uranium_OJ is saying. I think.

And the fact that the splat's gone...it's like how Cartoon Network has CN Real...it just isn't the same network after that.

AND I APPOLOGIZE FOR my comments getting longer. This is just one subject that gets me ranting lol. I could go on and on. So, I'm sorry if I bore any of you reading this. It just...grr...irks me!

I agree with all of this so much! Especially the part about Ned's Declassified, I loved that show so much.

saylavee

[189]Aug 9, 2010
    Ahaha great rant Mab xD Hey guys, i was watching Nostalgia Critic's review of nickelodean last night and apparently the first cartoons shown on the station were all british and canadian cartoons. Then came out Nicktoons and the rest was history.

Just felt like saying that. But we really do need a nickelodean version of Boomerang. My mom was flipping through channels and got to Boomerang and saw Johnny Bravo, Courage, and Dexter's was on. We watched them, were happy, and then i got the history of how i was as a child...

Though the #1 show i want back on air is Animaniacs. It was funny, educations and had a lot of adult humor hidden in there.

pscf3

[190]Aug 9, 2010
    • level: 16

I was watching Jeopardy!, and there was this same name category where it gave you 2 things that had the same name an you had to choose the name. And one said 101 or an Egyptian god or something . And the answer was zoey, hence "zoey 101". I thought y'all might find that interesting.

And mab, I may have a school survial guide this year, I thought about doing it  a couple years ago.

@slayvee, I would totally for a boomerang-like nick channel.

NatalieTV100

[191]Aug 9, 2010
    saylavee wrote:
    Ahaha great rant Mab xD Hey guys, i was watching Nostalgia Critic's review of nickelodean last night and apparently the first cartoons shown on the station were all british and canadian cartoons. Then came out Nicktoons and the rest was history.

Just felt like saying that. But we really do need a nickelodean version of Boomerang. My mom was flipping through channels and got to Boomerang and saw Johnny Bravo, Courage, and Dexter's was on. We watched them, were happy, and then i got the history of how i was as a child...

Though the #1 show i want back on air is Animaniacs. It was funny, educations and had a lot of adult humor hidden in there.

Agreed. From what I know Nicktoons Network was supposed to be a Boomerang like channel for old Nicktoons, but they basically did away with that like 2 years ago...

And yes Animaniacs! I used to watch reruns of it, but I was too young to understand the adult humor. I also want Nick or Nicktoons Network to air KaBlam! reruns I loved that show.

saylavee

[192]Aug 9, 2010
    ^OMG KaBlam! I was so mad. right when i started to love it is when they stopped playing re runs. They NEED to bring that show back. Ya know, for the children...yeah...the children...

T7F

[193]Aug 9, 2010
    NatalieTV100 wrote:
    saylavee wrote:

Agreed. From what I know Nicktoons Network was supposed to be a Boomerang like channel for old Nicktoons, but they basically did away with that like 2 years ago...

And yes Animaniacs! I used to watch reruns of it, but I was too young to understand the adult humor. I also want Nick or Nicktoons Network to air KaBlam! reruns I loved that show.

NICKTOONS NEEDS TO BRING BACK AHH! MONSTERS! AND MARTIN MYSTERY. like seriously, I saw it for teh first week I got time werner, then they stopped airing it

NatalieTV100

[194]Aug 9, 2010
    T7F wrote:
    NatalieTV100 wrote:
    saylavee wrote:

NICKTOONS NEEDS TO BRING BACK AHH! MONSTERS! AND MARTIN MYSTERY. like seriously, I saw it for teh first week I got time werner, then they stopped airing it

Nicktoons Network sucks now compared to when it first came out. It's just the same cartoons that they show on Nick all day with the exception of Avatar and the reruns of MLAATR and El Tigre.

T7F

[195]Aug 9, 2010
    NatalieTV100 wrote:
    T7F wrote:
    NatalieTV100 wrote:
    saylavee wrote:

Nicktoons Network sucks now compared to when it first came out. It's just the same cartoons that they show on Nick all day with the exception of Avatar and the reruns of MLAATR and El Tigre.

I luv it cause it has invader zim, rugrats, rockos modern life, avatar with extras, and a bunch more

NatalieTV100

[196]Aug 9, 2010
    T7F wrote:
    NatalieTV100 wrote:
    T7F wrote:
    NatalieTV100 wrote:
    saylavee wrote:

I luv it cause it has invader zim, rugrats, rockos modern life, avatar with extras, and a bunch more

They still show Invader Zim and Rugrats on Nicktoons Network? I don't know since I don't have it anymore, but I thought they only showed it during midnight/really early in the morning. I remember watching an episode of Invader Zim at like 6:00 in the morning when I used to have Nicktoons.

T7F

[197]Aug 9, 2010
    NatalieTV100 wrote:
    T7F wrote:
    NatalieTV100 wrote:
    T7F wrote:
    NatalieTV100 wrote:
    saylavee wrote:

They still show Invader Zim and Rugrats on Nicktoons Network? I don't know since I don't have it anymore, but I thought they only showed it during midnight/really early in the morning. I remember watching an episode of Invader Zim at like 6:00 in the morning when I used to have Nicktoons.
    yep every Wednesday

NatalieTV100

[198]Aug 9, 2010

T7F wrote:
    NatalieTV100 wrote:
    T7F wrote:
    NatalieTV100 wrote:
    T7F wrote:
    NatalieTV100 wrote:
    saylavee wrote:
    Ahaha great rant Mab xD Hey guys, i was watching Nostalgia Critic's review of nickelodean last night and apparently the first cartoons shown on the station were all british and canadian cartoons. Then came out Nicktoons and the rest was history. Just felt like saying that. But we really do need a nickelodean version of Boomerang. My mom was flipping through channels and got to Boomerang and saw Johnny Bravo, Courage, and Dexter's was on. We watched them, were happy, and then i got the history of how i was as a child... Though the #1 show i want back on air is Animaniacs. It was funny, educations and had a lot of adult humor hidden in there.
    Agreed. From what I know Nicktoons Network was supposed to be a Boomerang like channel for old Nicktoons, but they basically did away with that like 2 years ago... And yes Animaniacs! I used to watch reruns of it, but I was too young to understand the adult humor. I also want Nick or Nicktoons Network to air KaBlam! reruns I loved that show.
    yep every Wednesday
    Oh cool...now I wish I had Nicktoons Network. Frown

Edited on 08/09/2010 5:03pm

T7F

[199]Aug 9, 2010
    NatalieTV100 wrote:

T7F wrote:
    NatalieTV100 wrote:
    T7F wrote:
    NatalieTV100 wrote:
    T7F wrote:
    NatalieTV100 wrote:
    saylavee wrote:
    Ahaha great rant Mab xD Hey guys, i was watching Nostalgia Critic's review of nickelodean last night and apparently the first cartoons shown on the station were all british and canadian cartoons. Then came out Nicktoons and the rest was history. Just felt like saying that. But we really do need a nickelodean version of Boomerang. My mom was flipping through channels and got to Boomerang and saw Johnny Bravo, Courage, and Dexter's was on. We watched them, were happy, and then i got the history of how i was as a child... Though the #1 show i want back on air is Animaniacs. It was funny, educations and had a lot of adult humor hidden in there.
    Agreed. From what I know Nicktoons Network was supposed to be a Boomerang like channel for old Nicktoons, but they basically did away with that like 2 years ago... And yes Animaniacs! I used to watch reruns of it, but I was too young to understand the adult humor. I also want Nick or Nicktoons Network to air KaBlam! reruns I loved that show.
    yep every Wednesday
    Oh cool...now I wish I had Nicktoons Network. Frown

its ok

pscf3

[200]Aug 9, 2010
    • level: 16
    How come nobody but me has nicktoons?