We're moving Forums to the Community pages. Click here for more information and updates.

iCarly Forums

Nickelodeon (ended 2012)

What will Nickelodeon be like when iCarly ends?

saylavee

[221]Aug 10, 2010
    • level: 18
    @Mab, fun fact! The original host of double dare had OCD. Well that must have been a fun job for him *sarcasm*
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

NatalieTV100

[222]Aug 10, 2010
    • level: 10

This is random, but does anybody remember Oh Yeah Cartoons? I liked that show and the little cartoon shorts they had...

T7F

[223]Aug 10, 2010
    • level: 7
    NatalieTV100 wrote:

This is random, but does anybody remember Oh Yeah Cartoons? I liked that show and the little cartoon shorts they had...

barely and even then i only remember the original fairly odd parents cartoon

1MMfan

[224]Aug 10, 2010
    • level: 16

I agree that Nick will be bad after iCarly ends, but it's already bad. Spongebob has gone downhill. Victorious is good but I have a feeling it won't last as long as iCarly. True Jackson is decent but not worthy enough to become more popular. The Troop should've been gone already. Big Time Rush is good but it won't last long. Anything else like Fanboy and Chumchum sucks. So I find iCarly irreplacable. I mean if you think about it, all the shows Nick these days aren't that good.

T7F

[225]Aug 10, 2010
    1MMfan wrote:

I agree that Nick will be bad after iCarly ends, but it's already bad. Spongebob has gone downhill. Victorious is good but I have a feeling it won't last as long as iCarly. True Jackson is decent but not worthy enough to become more popular. The Troop should've been gone already. Big Time Rush is good but it won't last long. Anything else like Fanboy and Chumchum sucks. So I find iCarly irreplacable. I mean if you think about it, all the shows Nick these days aren't that good.

SB, Victorous, Fairly Odd parents, and those shows that are veterans are awwesome

pscf3

[226]Aug 11, 2010
    The troop is okay, and a herd that it got renewed for 2nd Season. BTR and Neds declassified were both made by Jack Mackie. They both have a differenty kind of comedy, but I like them. True Jackson is okay, and this should be the last season. Dans shows keep going downhill. Drake and Josh was great(and my favorite tv show ever). iCarly Is also great, just not as good as d&j. Victorious is good but not as good as iCarly and nowhere close to d&j.

As for the animation, fb&cc is horrible. Spongebob, FOP, and Penguins are good.

The troop,BTR, and iCarly are shooting new seasons currenty.
    TJVP and Victorious are airing and have not been renewed for another season.

If I were Dan ,I would end iCarly this year, considering the actor and actress ages, and the fact that it has way more episodes then his other shows (except for All That). He may also run out of ideas and it won't be as good. He should end it while it's still good. After saying that, I really don't WANT iCarly to end, so how does that work?

Once iCarly ends, nickelodeon will still be good, yet nowhere as good as it is now.

Ok, you might have noticed that that is an old post that I posted a few pages back, but everybody else was posting their opinions and this is mine.

MusicAddictBabe

[227]Aug 17, 2010
    Saylavee - Huh. That must've been a bummer.

Natalie - Yeah, sort of. I don't remember everything. All I remember from Oh Yeah! Cartoons was the first FOP episode. And I know that Chalk Zone and My Life as a Teenage Robot came from that. But I don't remember a lot of it. Maybe some other shorts.

1MMFan - Very true. Spongebob sucks now. I swear they're totally milking their episodes. I don't even think I've seen Fanboy and Chum Chum in months, tbh. And I feel Nick's just gonna get worse from here-on-out.

Pscf - Don't worry. Opinions are appreciated lol. I actually like coming on here and reading what people have to say about Nickelodeon .

Ulrich22

[228]Aug 17, 2010
    • level: 25
    It's no secret Dan's shows usually last 4 seasons, Zoey 101, D&J, but seeing at the time iCarly hit it's realtime popularity, which was season 3, there was nothing out there competing with it, or like it out there, so it gained a hugeeee fanbase. To be honest, if season 4 is atleast 1.5x as better as season 3, i can guarantee you this will be on of Dan's shows the goes to Season 5, i can see iCarly in a 5th seasons, i know some tv show creators like to go out on top, but i feel like iCarly, people are just starting to warm up to it and have a real liking to it, and for it to just end at that, would be just wrong, i see season 5 in iCarly's future.

teenj12

[229]Aug 17, 2010
    • level: 26
    Ulrich22 wrote:
    It's no secret Dan's shows usually last 4 seasons, Zoey 101, D&J, but seeing at the time iCarly hit it's realtime popularity, which was season 3, there was nothing out there competing with it, or like it out there, so it gained a hugeeee fanbase. To be honest, if season 4 is atleast 1.5x as better as season 3, i can guarantee you this will be on of Dan's shows the goes to Season 5, i can see iCarly in a 5th seasons, i know some tv show creators like to go out on top, but i feel like iCarly, people are just starting to warm up to it and have a real liking to it, and for it to just end at that, would be just wrong, i see season 5 in iCarly's future.

I think Dan should do 6 seasons. 5 season most likely though..I guess.

futuramarama

[230]Aug 18, 2010
    • level: 37
    i want 4 to end on some big cliffhangers for each of the iCarly gang- Carly, Spencer, Freddie, Sam, maybe Gibby... and the 5th season be 13 episodes (11 and a 2-part series finale) where the episodes end on cliffhangers and each one is resolved in the finale.

or just have s5 be 13 or so episodes. I can't see it lasting a 6th season and a lot of people want a 5th.

iCarlyFan101

[231]Aug 18, 2010
    • level: 3

I know iCarly was intended as a kid's show but I think it has a big enough fan base with the older kids and generation that they could actually continue on a few more seasons and just have the characters and show grow up a bit - deal with more mature situations while maintaining the comedy.

Edited on 08/18/2010 2:54pm

T7F

[232]Aug 18, 2010
    iCarlyFan101 wrote:

I know iCarly was intended as a kid's show but I think it has a big enough fan base with the older kids and generation that they could actually continue on a few more seasons and just have the characters and show grow up a bit - deal with more mature situations while maintaining the comedy.

then it wont be on nick anymore and it will have to look for a more adult network eventually not being picked up because no one will take it seriously enough to put it on their station.....

iCarlyFan101

[233]Aug 18, 2010
    • level: 3

T7F wrote:
    iCarlyFan101 wrote:

then it wont be on nick anymore and it will have to look for a more adult network eventually not being picked up because no one will take it seriously enough to put it on their station.....

Not necessarily - Nick has a few shows on like George Lopez and Malcolm in the Middle that deal with more mature themes. I realize that they are syndicated and sometimes on at a later time but they do run them (even in the 8 o'clock time slot).

And what about Teen Nick?

NatalieTV100

[234]Aug 18, 2010
    iCarlyFan101 wrote:

T7F wrote:
    iCarlyFan101 wrote:

Not necessarily - Nick has a few shows on like George Lopez and Malcolm in the Middle that deal with more mature themes. I realize that they are syndicated and sometimes on at a later time but they do run them (even in the 8 o'clock time slot).

And what about Teen Nick?

Yeah, but George Lopez and Malcolm in the Middle are on a Nick @ Nite and those show originally aired on different networks that are mostly aimed towards an older audience. I can see iCarly being on Teen Nick as an "original show", but that would be kind of werid for them to just take it off the original channel(Nick) and put it on Teen Nick just so they can have more mature storylines.

Season wise I can see iCarly going to a 5th season, but as much as I like the show I wouldn't want it to go beyond that to be honest. I don't want iCarly to be one of those shows that is dragged out for a long time to the point where the storylines become mediocore and lack the substance the show orginally had(ex. Spongebob, The Fairly Odd Parents, ect.)

MusicAddictBabe

[235]Aug 18, 2010
    Too bad only lucky satellite people get TeeNick . I've been begging for DirecTv or something so I can watch it.

As much as I love iCarly, I don't want it to have too many seasons or I'll start to lose interest. I agree. SB and FOP started to get, just...bleh.

Aprilshakira

[236]Aug 19, 2010

They should move it to TEENick so it can mature more. Who wants to email Dan with me? (Seriously tho.)

pscf3

[237]Aug 19, 2010
    Id be okay with iCarly moving to teennick, as long as it DOESN'T turn into degrassi.

teenj12

[238]Aug 19, 2010
    • level: 26
    pscf3 wrote:
    Id be okay with iCarly moving to teennick, as long as it DOESN'T turn into degrassi.
    what's that supposed to mean.

NatalieTV100

[239]Aug 19, 2010

Moving it to Teen Nick would kind of suck for me 'cause I don't have it anymore. FrownPlus it would kind of suck for the younger viewers too. iCarly getting mature plotlines would be cool, but I think Dan's just working around what "mature" things he can do for a show that's on Nick. I mean the innuendos are fun little touchesto the show, and if you compare iCarly too other kids shows like on Disney it's sort of more "mature" humor wise.

pscf3

[240]Aug 19, 2010
    Almst every thing degrassi is " omg he cheating" or " idk if like him anymore" or " she said he said blah blah". The same thing happens over and over again. I HATE it.

teenj12 wrote:
    pscf3 wrote:
    what's that supposed to mean.