We're moving Forums to the Community pages. Click here for more information and updates.

iCarly Forums

Nickelodeon (ended 2012)

What will Nickelodeon be like when iCarly ends?

schillingklaus

[101]May 8, 2010
    • level: 12

True Jackson is a wonderfuil show, as it allows for a bunchg of wonderful crossover couples, such as Marissa Benson/Mr. Koppelman, Spencer Shay/Amanda Cantwell, Spencer Shay/True Jackson, Gibby Carlsen/Lulu Johnson, Sascha Striker/Ryan Laserbeam, Miss Fielder/Stuart Laserbeam, Harry Joiner/Sophie Girard, Mr. Howard/Mrs. Parks, Pete/Kelsey, Buckminsta/Vivian, Buckminsta/Dakota North, Pete/Pinky Turzo, and on and on and on it goes.

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

Drunken_Clam

[102]May 8, 2010
    • level: 3

Aprilshakira wrote:
    I totally agree. It looks like a carbon copy of Sonny With a Chance, which sucks penetrated giraffe penis already.
    Exactly my thought. Victorious isn't that good. Looks like Schneider's genius is starting to wear out.

Dan43578

[103]May 8, 2010
    • level: 1

The ONLY good shows on Nickelodeon are Spongebob, iCarly, BigTimeRush, Peguins, and Fanboy and ChumChum

imverybasic

[104]May 12, 2010
    • level: 16

The only thing that makes Nickelodeon the best channel are the old shows/cartoons shown on t.v. I've circome to the fact that whenever a channel begins to rot, looking back on the old stuff is the only way to rekindle the flame.

twitchandglitc

[105]May 13, 2010
    • level: 8
    it won't be that worth watching of a channel.
    i think victorious is freakin' awesome really.
    and i think true jackson is crap, as are fb&cc and btr.

Evening_Haze

[106]May 14, 2010
    • level: 7

(My thoughts after skimming the entire topic.)

1. One thing I still like about Nickelodeon (they call it nick now, it annoys me): they always have at least oneshow with a familiar character. Drake and Josh came from the Amanda Show, Miranda came from Drake and Josh, Jamie-Lynn came from All that, and Victoria came from all her semi-alike roles (I do agree she always plays the same character.) It gives the viewer a familiar face they can relate too. Unlike Disney with Miley, Selena, Demi, the stinkin' jonas brothers, Debbie Ryan, and now Bridget popping up out of nowhere.

2. True Jackson is not a bad show. I love the live-audience, Keke Palmer is a good actress, there are truly funny parts, and also heart-felt parts (which ICarly lacks in.)

3. VicTORIous is, as said, a VERY unoriginal concept. As my mom said, "it's like they think every kid wants to be a celebrity." I'd love to see a show that had no driving concept, but without that there would be no show. I think Good Luck Charlie comes the closest to that, which is why it's so far considered very good. (The mom's hilarious too, I think )

4. I don't like the Troop at all, I can't get into Big Time Rush (even with their awesome theme song), I never really watched Zoey101, I hated Ned's Declassified, and fanboy and Chum Chum needs...to...die.

5. How do you people not like Spongebob?! Cancel the only show still running from the good ol' 90's? NEVER!!

6. And someone mentioned it: I would love a network for 90's and early 2000's shows from Nickelodeon, Cartoon Network, and Disney Channel. I'd watch it more than the actual channels!

twitchandglitc

[107]May 14, 2010
    i never said i had watched true jackson, just from what i see it doesn't look good.
    for craps sake if i could get myself into watching it, i might like it.
    i only say it's crap because i don't like the way it is.
    -'.-
    but keke palmer is a good actress.
    and btr is over cliche.
    fb & cc are obviously the 30 millionth cgi cartoon from nick.
    wth..

MusicAddictBabe

[108]May 14, 2010
    • level: 18
    I agree with the heart-felt thing in TJ. iCarly definitely lacks in that because whenever something sentimental happens, one of the characters quickly says/does something "humorous." I understand they have to because it's a comedy, but it does lack the 'moral-to-the-story' that True Jackson tends to get.

I do like The Troop, BTR isn't that bad (hey, what can i say...they're a bunch of teenage guys lol), Zoey 101 I thought was only good up until they got Lola (now, don't assume by me saying this that I hate Victoria Justice, I just really liked Dana and Nicole and the show kinda died; then during season 4 when Chase left, that kinda dug itself a grave). ND was always my fave show and I miss it (it had a certain type of humor to it). Fanboy and Chum Chum kinda scares me, no offense.

I don't like Spongebob only because it's getting old....other than that, though, I tend to watch it a lot.

I dont know if I was the one who mentioned the "90's, 2000's channel" or not but it does sound amazing, doesn't it? I've even considered writing to Nick one time and asking them to pick a day or week or something and play only 2000s shows because of the starting of the new decade so it'd be like a flashback of any show that aired from 2000-2009.

krisiten

[109]May 15, 2010
    • level: 5
    Evening_Haze wrote:

1. One thing I still like about Nickelodeon (they call it nick now, it annoys me): they always have at least oneshow with a familiar character. Drake and Josh came from the Amanda Show, Miranda came from Drake and Josh, Jamie-Lynn came from All that, and Victoria came from all her semi-alike roles (I do agree she always plays the same character.) It gives the viewer a familiar face they can relate too. Unlike Disney with Miley, Selena, Demi, the stinkin' jonas brothers, Debbie Ryan, and now Bridget popping up out of nowhere.

2. True Jackson is not a bad show. I love the live-audience, Keke Palmer is a good actress, there are truly funny parts, and also heart-felt parts (which ICarly lacks in.)

3. VicTORIous is, as said, a VERY unoriginal concept. As my mom said, "it's like they think every kid wants to be a celebrity." I'd love to see a show that had no driving concept, but without that there would be no show. I think Good Luck Charlie comes the closest to that, which is why it's so far considered very good. (The mom's hilarious too, I think )

4. I don't like the Troop at all, I can't get into Big Time Rush (even with their awesome theme song), I never really watched Zoey101, I hated Ned's Declassified, and fanboy and Chum Chum needs...to...die.

5. How do you people not like Spongebob?! Cancel the only show still running from the good ol' 90's? NEVER!!

6. And someone mentioned it: I would love a network for 90's and early 2000's shows from Nickelodeon, Cartoon Network, and Disney Channel. I'd watch it more than the actual channels!

I love the true jackson show! Its so funny and I think the the guy who plays Ryan, I think his name is Matt Shively, is a great actor and truely hilarious. The live audience is very awesome and it does have heartfelt momments. All in all, good show.

And just to point out, icarly does have some(there really isnt that much)heart felt moments. I thought the end of iquit icarly when Carly and Sam made up was adorable and sweet. I also LOVE spongebob. They should bring back the rugrats. Best animated show in the history of television.

Aprilshakira

[110]May 15, 2010
    • level: 10
    krisiten wrote:
    Evening_Haze wrote:

I love the true jackson show! Its so funny and I think the the guy who plays Ryan, I think his name is Matt Shively, is a great actor and truely hilarious. The live audience is very awesome and it does have heartfelt momments. All in all, good show.

And just to point out, icarly does have some(there really isnt that much)heart felt moments. I thought the end of iquit icarly when Carly and Sam made up was adorable and sweet. I also LOVE spongebob. They should bring back the rugrats. Best animated show in the history of television.

Personally, I don't like True Jackson. Maybe it's because I used to be an avid That's So Raven fan, and I feel True Jackson totally ripped it off (I mean, True Jackson is pretty much an unfunny version of TSR season 4.)

Also I hate how overdramatic Kiki Palmer always acts. And when she "mimics" how her father/mother talk.. *shivers.*

And I don't think they REALLY have a live audience. You can hear the laugh track.

pixarprincess

[111]May 15, 2010
    • level: 13

Is that the disclaimer they have at the beginning of EVERY episode? Wow, people in showbiz love to lie.

I was once into TSR myself (ESPECIALLY that one episode with Candace Cameron in it. I love Full House!) but for some reason Tue Jackson never bothered me. I was mostly watching it for Keke, anyway. IDK, I probably got bored of it or something, but at some point I stopped watching the show. I've onyl watched a few episodes since S2 started. (like the one where her boss got married)

Edited on 05/15/2010 1:43pm

twitchandglitc

[112]May 15, 2010
    Aprilshakira wrote:
    krisiten wrote:
    Evening_Haze wrote:

Personally, I don't like True Jackson. Maybe it's because I used to be an avid That's So Raven fan, and I feel True Jackson totally ripped it off (I mean, True Jackson is pretty much an unfunny version of TSR season 4.)

Also I hate how overdramatic Kiki Palmer always acts. And when she "mimics" how her father/mother talk.. *shivers.*

And I don't think they REALLY have a live audience. You can hear the laugh track.
    i don't think they do either. actually not too many shows have a live audience anymore.XD.

krisiten

[113]May 15, 2010
    • level: 5
    It says that its filmed in front of a live studio audience in the begining of every single episode. There might be a laugh track..i dunno, but they wouldnt lie about something like that...

twitchandglitc

[114]May 16, 2010
    it's more likely a laugh track.

TeemerDJ

[115]May 23, 2010
    Victorious is a great show, but it's no iCarly and no Drake and Josh or anything but it is a fun, funny, show that makes me smile when I watch it.

When iCarly's over, Nick will have nothing. Dan Schneider, I'm sorry the man is a genius, but he's running out of steam.

True Jackson was ok for the first few episodes, but it's not that good of a show. No one watches The Troop, and Big Time Rush is ridiculous.

They have NOTHING.

Aprilshakira

[116]May 23, 2010
    TeemerDJ wrote:
    Victorious is a great show, but it's no iCarly and no Drake and Josh or anything but it is a fun, funny, show that makes me smile when I watch it.

When iCarly's over, Nick will have nothing. Dan Schneider, I'm sorry the man is a genius, but he's running out of steam.

True Jackson was ok for the first few episodes, but it's not that good of a show. No one watches The Troop, and Big Time Rush is ridiculous.

They have NOTHING.

This is what I mean. And I highly doubt he'll want to create children's shows for the rest of his career. It's obvious with all the innuendos he puts in his shows now that he wants to make television for older audiences. What I Like About You is hilarious, Dan's *only* adult show. It was perfect because he didn't have to be restricted by Nickelodeon as to what he could and couldn't put in the show.

thefbm

[117]May 27, 2010
    • level: 3

Hmm really when icarly ends, I'll probably watch Victorious even though it isn't as good. I like the Troop though that won't last long and i think it gives a feel like old 90s show. Really, if Nick was smart, they would make a new channel and air all their old show, including their games shows and the nick promos for the channel(the nick,nick,nick). I don't know how many times at school where me and my classmates discuss this idea. Plus they could air iCarly again.Tongue out

Wow I haven't posted in here for a loooonnngg time.

schillingklaus

[118]May 28, 2010

big time rush is cool, as it allows for many cool crossover couples, such as Gibby Carlsen/Katie Knight, Wade Collins/The Jennifers, Wade Collins/Mercedes Grifin, David Archuleta/Camille, David Archuleta/Nicole Scherzinger, Amber Tate/James Diamond, Ginger Foz/James Diamond, and on and on and on it goes.

Aprilshakira

[119]May 28, 2010

They need to hire a bunch of new writers so they can come up with some good show ideas. I'm 13 and I have at least 20 ideas for different sitcoms. It's not that hard. These writers are lazy and untalented, sorry but it's the truth. They should also merge Nickelodeon with TEENick, like have them on the same channel so more people will watch..

marcdragicevic

[120]Jun 1, 2010
    • level: 21
    Aprilshakira wrote:

They need to hire a bunch of new writers so they can come up with some good show ideas. I'm 13 and I have at least 20 ideas for different sitcoms. It's not that hard. These writers are lazy and untalented, sorry but it's the truth. They should also merge Nickelodeon with TEENick, like have them on the same channel so more people will watch..

Which writers are lazy and untalented?