We're moving Forums to the Community pages. Click here for more information and updates.

iCarly Forums

Nickelodeon (ended 2012)

What will Nickelodeon be like when iCarly ends?

futuramarama

[41]Mar 21, 2010
    • level: 37
    i hope dan isn't going to start working a lot more on that then this show. this show is more popular then victorious would ever be {i hope}
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

ruffmanfan88

[42]Mar 21, 2010
    • level: 12
    Dan is not going to do that. He is just doing this right now for the new show. Then once iCarly goes back Into production he will be talking about iCarly. Also dan said iCarly will never lose its special place in my heart.

saylavee

[43]Mar 21, 2010
    • level: 18
    Aprilshakira wrote:
    MusicAddictBabe wrote:

That's crazy cuz that's exactly what I was about to say when I wrote that last night lol. xD Or maybe it wasn't that. Idk. It was something that I was gonna add "...or in the words of the iCarly gang - 'suckish'" but alas, I did not. lol

Well great minds think alike! Point being, the show looks suckish. I hope it will live up to that and get cancelled.

.. Too far?

Why dont we just protest his over advertising by not watching the first ep? then watch the re-runs, but not the re-run directly after, and see how it is. That way the first two airings will be low and Dan will think over-advertising or something was to blame, and then we will eventually see whether it is good or not. JK dont do that!

MusicAddictBabe

[44]Mar 21, 2010
    lol hmm........I may not be a human phsycologist, but I do know a bit about dog phsycology. And if there's one basic thing you can compare dogs and humans (and pretty much any other animal) to is the principle of "operant conditioning." Ok, so I'm not going to go on a teaching about this, but it's simple lol. Pretty much what you said is Negative Punishment meaning that his over-advertising (the behavior) makes something good (the viewers) disappear...the "negative" being us not watching and the "Punishment" being that he won't do 'the said behavior' over again. With dogs, at least, usually this is that scenario where the dog's begging for your attention and you turn your back or walk away. Just like wih kids. Ok, now that I'm done with that....lol we probably shouldn't do that. But sometimes I would just LOVE to do that to Nickelodeon so that they see how many viewers they're actually losing due to the lack of old shows. But that's a totally different story haha.

DPluver2012

[45]Mar 21, 2010
    • level: 11
    idk bout u guys but i am going to give victorious a shot ( as much as i dont want to) and see how it is.i will only watch the 1st ep.im not even excited to watch it...thats pretty sad.i want the show to do well,but then again i dont. i feel bad if dan puts so much into this show and it ends up being a piece of crap ya know?

MusicAddictBabe

[46]Mar 22, 2010
    Yeah, I probably will too. I don't really want to but I prolly will. I'm not very excited either. Yeah, I know what you mean.

charmed4eva112

[47]Mar 22, 2010
    • level: 20
    I don't know about Victorius. On the one hand, I'm excited to see how Dan portrays this show, but on the other hand, the plot doesn't seem original enough, and it seems kind of boring in a way. I'll give it a try (Dan must be overadvertising it for a reason!) but I dunno. Maybe he's overadvertising it for two reasons: the first reason is the show has not attracted many viewers or comments for Dan and he wants to overadvertise it so that people will eventually tune in and get a surprise of it being good/bad. The second reason is that people really like the plot for Victorius and going to give it a shot, so Dan's just promoting the show more for those lovers. I dunno.

Ah, the operant conditioning. I learnt about that in my high school Psychology class, and yeah, I agree. The action (the advertising) plus the response (viewers) equals the overall result (people tuning into Victorius). We can't judge it yet. After three or four episodes, then yes, judge all you want, but for now, we gotta give the show a chance. It could surprise us all!

marcdragicevic

[48]Mar 25, 2010
    • level: 21
    Well, Victorious is starting, which will fill iCarly's timeslot/space.

MusicAddictBabe

[49]Mar 25, 2010

You're right. It isn't very original. I hope his overadvertising means something lol. Maybe. haha I love Operant Conditioning. I like thinking of a lot of situations you could use that in. I know it's sorta weird but I've been in love with dog training/phsycology ever since I got my dog and it really interests me lol. I also learned a bit about it in my high school Phsycology class...except our teacher was bad at teaching it. We used to have another teacher who was really good at teaching things like that. But she retired. Now, we have who used to be our old gym/health/driver's ed. teacher. All he talked about in Psych. was history. Really, I learned nothing more than what I had known when I started that class. And I realized I've spelt that wrong multiple times lol. But on another note.... Maybe we should give it a chance. It better not take over iCarly! >:O

charmed4eva112

[50]Mar 26, 2010
    • level: 20
    I am fairly confident that Victorius will not be better than iCarly. iCarly is Dan's most original show (besides The Amanda Show and All That). Victorius is... expected. Originality always prevails. It might be successful at first but it'll end by the third-fourth season, while I can see iCarly lasting to season five at least.

saylavee

[51]Mar 26, 2010
    ^actually Dan didnt take over All That till the last season or three, and he's the one who decided to end it : /

Aprilshakira

[52]Mar 26, 2010
    • level: 10
    saylavee wrote:
    ^actually Dan didnt take over All That till the last season or three, and he's the one who decided to end it : /

Wow. Really? That's.. jank! (Haha, I love iCarly words.)

Although Dan is like the best producer EVER, he annoys me sometimes. He's kind of conceited.. because iCarly isn't the BEST show out there. (Don't get me wrong, Dan is great and I would LOVE working with him someday.. it just seems like he has trouble focusing on things he's started, and sometimes he acts like his shows are the best.. or like a joke he made up is funny when it isn't.) "Uncle Green Mush" is an example. I didn't find that very funny but apparently he thought it was hilarious (I know, we all have different opinions.. but it was honestly a corny joke.)

ANYWAY, I guess we should be thankful. Without Dan Nickelodeon would be dead.

THEBatBOtisfan

[53]Apr 10, 2010
    • level: 2

I have to agree with you guys. iCarly is pretty decent, but Victorious just looks plain stupid. The plot is so unoriginal; it reminds me of Sonny With A Chance, which sucks. And like you guys, I'm sick of seeing this Victoria girl everywhere. She's not that good of an actress in my opinion, and she's so overrated by Nickelodeon. She's in practically EVERYTHING. The only shows that I find worth watching on Nickelodeon anymore are iCarly, Penguins of Madagascar, and Back at the Barnyard (LOVE that show). Oh, and BrainSurge. SpongeBob is getting tiring and overrated. Plus, the new episodes are terrible. -.-

startug

[54]Apr 10, 2010
    • level: 23
    saylavee wrote:

Aprilshakira wrote:
    MusicAddictBabe wrote:
    iCarly's mainly the only reason I watch that channel sometimes. Victorious just...idk I'm getting sick of seeing that girl everywhere lol. Spongebob is getting old and the only other show I really hate is the Fairly Odd Parents for the same reason (well, I do have another reason but people probably won't like what I have to say about it if they're fans).

I loved Ned's Declassified and Zoey 101 and I do watch True Jackson once in awhile.

I totally agree. I keep seeing this chick everywhere, and she kinda pisses me off. She's talented and pretty, but she's not THAT great to be shown everywhere.

I agree with both of your 100%! Especialy about Victoria, maybe Dan's advertising her so much because he may be worried she wont do as good?? Idk...but i miss Ned's!!! You know they were thinking about doing a ND Highschool SG, but then decided not too. To bad, devon became really handsom and he's a pretty decent singer.

iskabibble07 wrote:
    Dan is well known for making a new show from good performers from his current show. All that resulted in the Amanda show which gave birth to Drake and Josh which then resulted in ICarly. I often watch ICarly and wonder which of the other performers will be taken to shape up the next show Dan puts together. I expect Dan is already working on it. That's how he works.

The way i see, he takes the secondary character(s) from each show and make them the main character for his new show, with the exception of Amanda Bynes.

Amanda Show had Drake and Josh, they became stars of D&J obviously lol

All That had Jamie Lynn Spears as the second to last new cast member to join before he canceled it, she stared in Zoey 101.

Amanda Show had Amanda star on What I Like About You (though it wasnt a nick show)

D&J had Miranda Cosgrove, who now stars in iCarly.

Zoey 101 had Victoria Justice, who is now going to star in Victorious.

So maybe after iCarly ends, he may make a show with Jennette or Nathan?

Show with Nathan, please. I'm tired of the majority of his shows are directed toward girls. Though it is odd, as me being a boy, I actually love iCarly.

ScreamingWithin

[55]Apr 10, 2010

Maybe when Dan Schneider makes a new show (which probably won't be for a few years) he will star Noah Munck? I think that could be funny.

Obiwan456

[56]Apr 12, 2010
    I think that's most likely. By the time icarly is over the three main characters will be, well, too old for te Nick high school sgows. But Noah will be about right.

And all this hates look like the early icarly threads, really. And You know what? I actually like Victorious, so, there! And I've only seen about two episodes of Zoey 101.

pixarprincess

[57]Apr 12, 2010
    • level: 13

Okay, I'm still on the fence about Victorious, mainly because I haven't had a chance to watch (Well, I did yesterday, but I didn't really pay attention because I was playing a game on my DS- BTW, my character was nominated for Prom Queen... and WON! Yay me!)

But I'm starting to understand what you guys mean by over-advertising. A few times on teenick (the sister channel) I was watching Full house and EVERY SINGLE COMMERCIAL BREAK there was some kind of promotion for this stupid Degrassi Valentine Special!

Nevertheless, I'm gonna give Victorious a chance because 1. Ya can't knock it til ya try it, 2. I kind of LIKE Victoria in the few roles I've seen her, sort of like Bridgette Mendler on the Disney Channel right now, and 3. As great as the show is, iCarly is not going to last forever, or at least not past a fourth season, as it will start to get stale from there (As Spongebob has demonstrated for us).

And there has to be at least One show that's decent on that channel for me to watch that isn't in reruns. So far Disney Channel, for me, hasn't reached it's end of the rope yet- "Good luck Charlie" is great (and the baby is soooo cute )and shows like Phineas and Ferb and WOWP are still doing great. And right now I need to start watching Kick Buttowski more often so I'm not crying when PaF finishes.

Bottom line: I don't care what you guys have to say, I'm watchin' "Victorious". So there.

And if anyone responds to this, that's great. I haven't had any actual conversations on this site in forever, and it makes me feel invisible.

Obiwan456

[58]Apr 12, 2010
    pixarprincess wrote:

Okay, I'm still on the fence about Victorious, mainly because I haven't had a chance to watch (Well, I did yesterday, but I didn't really pay attention because I was playing a game on my DS- BTW, my character was nominated for Prom Queen... and WON! Yay me!)

But I'm starting to understand what you guys mean by over-advertising. A few times on teenick (the sister channel) I was watching Full house and EVERY SINGLE COMMERCIAL BREAK there was some kind of promotion for this stupid Degrassi Valentine Special!

Nevertheless, I'm gonna give Victorious a chance because 1. Ya can't knock it til ya try it, 2. I kind of LIKE Victoria in the few roles I've seen her, sort of like Bridgette Mendler on the Disney Channel right now, and 3. As great as the show is, iCarly is not going to last forever, or at least not past a fourth season, as it will start to get stale from there (As Spongebob has demonstrated for us).

And there has to be at least One show that's decent on that channel for me to watch that isn't in reruns. So far Disney Channel, for me, hasn't reached it's end of the rope yet- "Good luck Charlie" is great (and the baby is soooo cute )and shows like Phineas and Ferb and WOWP are still doing great. And right now I need to start watching Kick Buttowski more often so I'm not crying when PaF finishes.

Bottom line: I don't care what you guys have to say, I'm watchin' "Victorious". So there.

And if anyone responds to this, that's great. I haven't had any actual conversations on this site in forever, and it makes me feel invisible.

Did anyone else hear something?

I've kinda given up on DC. I haven't had a chance to watch GLC, but, I mean, ever since they cancelled Kim Possible and AD:JL, and Phil of the Future, it's been kinda, bleh. Really,a ll thats left on NIck for me is iCarly, Victorious, and FOP, and soon TUFF Puppy, because I'm definately giving that a try.

THEBatBOtisfan

[59]Apr 13, 2010

pixarprincess wrote:

I LOVE Good Luck Charlie! I've been watching it since the first episode came out and I've loved it. It's very funny and the baby is SO cute! Kind of reminds me of a modern-day Full House. I also love Phineas and Ferb; that show is hilarious, too. Really, though, those are the only 2 shows on Disney Channel I care about. Everything else is pretty awful, in my opinion. WOWP just never fit my taste. :/

arnoldmcguire

[60]Apr 13, 2010
    THEBatBOtisfan wrote:

pixarprincess wrote:

I LOVE Good Luck Charlie! I've been watching it since the first episode came out and I've loved it. It's very funny and the baby is SO cute! Kind of reminds me of a modern-day Full House. I also love Phineas and Ferb; that show is hilarious, too. Really, though, those are the only 2 shows on Disney Channel I care about. Everything else is pretty awful, in my opinion. WOWP just never fit my taste. :/

I agree on GLC, it was Even Stevens meets full house in my opinion, and the pliot was too cute! (the sub-plot for it? meh) well that's the only one I watch now aside from Sonny and On Deck.

also, I think I smell Hilary Duff the 3rd in Bridgit Mendler.