We're moving Forums to the Community pages. Click here for more information and updates.

iCarly Forums

Nickelodeon (ended 2012)

Seddie And Creddie Battle Field

missyera

[221]May 13, 2008
    • level: 8
    abz08 wrote:
    Well to be sure, Era - a LOT of what you do, at the time, seems to be the most ludicrous thing I've ever heard. Then it keeps coming, and my jaw continues to be on the floor.

Hmmm...i don't quite get what you meant by that though. But sure, I'll humor you if you want. But of course, just to be clear, I have to say I still disagree.

While Seddie's relationship has still a long way to go till it reaches the kind of civility that Carly and Freddie shares, I still prefer the turbulations that Seddie goes through to understand each other and as they learn how to be more comfortable with their relationship (or rather, friendship first).
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

chasefan100

[222]May 14, 2008
    • level: 11
    missyera wrote:
    abz08 wrote:
    Well to be sure, Era - a LOT of what you do, at the time, seems to be the most ludicrous thing I've ever heard. Then it keeps coming, and my jaw continues to be on the floor.

Hmmm...i don't quite get what you meant by that though. But sure, I'll humor you if you want. But of course, just to be clear, I have to say I still disagree.

While Seddie's relationship has still a long way to go till it reaches the kind of civility that Carly and Freddie shares, I still prefer the turbulations that Seddie goes through to understand each other and as they learn how to be more comfortable with their relationship (or rather, friendship first).

I agree. Seddie is much more interesting then Creddie.

Creddie has no spark to it. but I can see it with Seddie lol

senor_fritz

[223]May 14, 2008
    • level: 20

missyera wrote:
    abz08 wrote:
    Hmmm...i don't quite get what you meant by that though. But sure, I'll humor you if you want. But of course, just to be clear, I have to say I still disagree. While Seddie's relationship has still a long way to go till it reaches the kind of civility that Carly and Freddie shares, I still prefer the turbulations that Seddie goes through to understand each other and as they learn how to be more comfortable with their relationship (or rather, friendship first).

All right, I feel like I have to step in here and defend my buddy abz cause a) we go way back and b) many posters here are also part of the HM board and you guys have always annoyed the heck outta me.

The following post is in now way intended to contribute to the creddie/seddie debate going on here. I myself am not a fan of icarly (frankly, I find Miranda Cosgrove to be one of the most fundamentally underwhelming kid actresses on the tube right now, I simply can't get into any show in which she's the star.) However, I will say this:

Missyera (and most other Sam/Freddie shippers), the following problem I have with people like you is this: You seem to "ship" a couple just cause you like the idea of the them. They're friends and they bicker, so hey, why not ship them? You don't bother to truly understand the characters or more importantly, analyze if they're truly compatible. The "love/hate" relationship seems to be a trend with you guys, yet you sorely misunderstand what that really is or how it really works. It's been twisted so out of context that you think just because a couple bickers, that automatically represents Unresolved Sexual Tension, that just cause they have scraggly moments of friendship, they're meant for one another. Sorry to say this, but that's not the case, and if you bothered to spend some time understanding what the exact nature of the characters are, then you'd get it.

abz, hang in there. If it makes you feel any better, I visit this Dasey shipping community on Livejournal, and many of the shippers there are also icarly fans. I've read several posts stating that they don't "get hoopla about Seddie" and that those two are simply not compatible, among other things. I know it's just another opinion, but most of the posters there are older fans, your age and more commonly mine. And I believe they have a better perspective on what constitutes a shipworthy couple than this volley of misguided children who don't know nothin' about real relationships. ^_^ So chill back and rest assure that you're part of the "elite"

abz08

[224]May 14, 2008
    • level: 15

missyera wrote:
    abz08 wrote:

*looks pointedly at siggy and AVATAR* ... *ahem* Yes, let's humor each other. ---

... *facepalm* You people like strange things as far as relationships go. Weirdos.

ETA: SQUEE!!! Senor_fritz!!!! *GLOMPS/HUGGLES* THAT is exactly my point. And YAY! I was terribly worried about any possible Dasey comparison. XD YAY!! XD

Edited on 05/14/2008 8:27am

senor_fritz

[225]May 14, 2008
    • level: 20

Thanks abz. I just had to get that off my chest. It killed me seeing you outnumbered when you're the only one that makes any sense. I know I probably overstepped my bounds, but what the heck. It was worthi it.

chasefan100

[226]May 14, 2008
    senor_fritz wrote:

Thanks abz. I just had to get that off my chest. It killed me seeing you outnumbered when you're the only one that makes any sense. I know I probably overstepped my bounds, but what the heck. It was worthi it.

If Creddie happens it happens. If Seddie happens it happens.

It just seems like the Creddie fans have to have it their way. Sorry I'm not trying to be rude

I would love Seddie to happen. even if they kissed. I guess we'll just have to wait and see.

abz08

[228]May 14, 2008

senor_fritz wrote:
    Thanks abz. I just had to get that off my chest. It killed me seeing you outnumbered when you're the only one that makes any sense. I know I probably overstepped my bounds, but what the heck. It was worth it.

XD XD Dude - I don't even CARE if you overstepped your bounds - that was completely awesome and EXACTLY what I've been trying to say. XD

chasefan100 wrote:
    It just seems like the Creddie fans have to have it their way.

*bewildered look* I have to have my way? No I don't. I mean, I'm not going to go hunt down the writers and/or Dan Schneider if Carly/Freddie doesn't happen or anything. I'll be sad, but I don't have to have my way. Instead, it's more like me being mad if I get a B instead of an A - because I'm an A student with 100%s and always a 4.0. I'm defending my point as to the how and the why I got there, saying that it will continue to happen, and why it's the way it is. If I dropped, or got a B+, or a C even... I'll be pissed. Just like I would be if Seddie happened. But then I have my reasons for IF I get a B or C, well - did I not study? Did I leave half of the answers blank? I kind of have to expect a lower grade there. That's the equivalent to how mad I'd be if Troypay, Chyan, or Spam didn't happen, those are the long shots. ---

Creddie is my "A" work. I'm defending WHY I should get this A and that I will get it. For this reason, this reason, and this reason.

iskabibble07 wrote:
    I generally don't weigh in on harsh and critical posts because I like to keep things freindly. I think abz is fine and he/she makes cool posts. Maybe I am biased because both of us like the Spam shipper.

She. But I think considering you are neither with me or against me that you are in no position to judge whether or not I actually need help or how I'm doing. She does know. At least to a certain degree.

iskabibble07 wrote:
    But it seems that based on your statements, its not ok for someone to just imagine a ship if it doesn't live up to a pretty strict set of standards like there was some olympic committee on shippping somewhere that will take away your birthday if you do it wrong.

They're not a set of standards... and it's pretty much what I think too. And what I've been trying to say. A ship has to be plausible. There is no committee that says it's right or wrong or anything - it's smart shipping. Like I can see eye to eye with people who ship Harry/Hermione no matter how much I disagree because they have GOOD reasons, and it's a smart ship, no matter how non-canonical or how much I disagree. ---

There isn't a wrong way to ship, persay... just a stupid way to do it. Shipping should be about the characters. Their OWN personalities. Not their positions in the show, or their stereotypical personalities.

iskabibble07 wrote:
    Also, I am not sure its a good move to give the impression that only wise elders are allowed to post on ships because so many posters are just kids.

The mention of the "elite" was meant for me - to try and strengthen my spirit/make me feel better about being one person fighting an entire army. I don't see how in any way it discouraged anybody. A put-up to me is a put-down to someone else? Elite = shippers who are/have been successful in their endeavors and therefore know what they're talking about.

Edited on 05/14/2008 12:10pm

Gryffindorkish

[229]May 14, 2008
    • level: 4
    senor_fritz wrote:

Missyera (and most other Sam/Freddie shippers), the following problem I have with people like you is this: You seem to "ship" a couple just cause you like the idea of the them. They're friends and they bicker, so hey, why not ship them? You don't bother to truly understand the characters or more importantly, analyze if they're truly compatible. The "love/hate" relationship seems to be a trend with you guys, yet you sorely misunderstand what that really is or how it really works. It's been twisted so out of context that you think just because a couple bickers, that automatically represents Unresolved Sexual Tension, that just cause they have scraggly moments of friendship, they're meant for one another. Sorry to say this, but that's not the case, and if you bothered to spend some time understanding what the exact nature of the characters are, then you'd get it.

abz, hang in there. If it makes you feel any better, I visit this Dasey shipping community on Livejournal, and many of the shippers there are also icarly fans. I've read several posts stating that they don't "get hoopla about Seddie" and that those two are simply not compatible, among other things. I know it's just another opinion, but most of the posters there are older fans, your age and more commonly mine. And I believe they have a better perspective on what constitutes a shipworthy couple than this volley of misguided children who don't know nothin' about real relationships. ^_^ So chill back and rest assure that you're part of the "elite"

I know your post wasn't directed to me, but I feel that as a Seddie ashipper I need to make a few things clear.

I for one, do not support Seddie solely becasue I like the whole love/hate relationship aspect. I beleive that they have interesting interactions and banter.

And for someone who doesn't watch iCarly, I don't think you can really be telling us, the people who do watch it, about the proper way to analyze the characters. Really though, the only people who truly know these characters inside and out, those who know their "exact nature", are the writers of the show. And honestly, I doubt that this early into a show, they even know where they want to take the character realtionships.

You really shouldn't generalize. You don't know what knowledge we have of relationships, or whether we ourselves are "elites", or even our ages.

sharethelove01

[230]May 14, 2008

abz08 wrote:
    missyera wrote:
    abz08 wrote:
    Okay - well to ME - it's Sam and Freddie that seem brotherly sisterly. ---
    Gotta say that's the most ludicrous thing i've ever heard. *chuckles* And the most overused argument when people run out of points. Seddie as siblings?? *snickers* Not if its on another planet. I can't IMAGINE for the life of me if Freddie and Sam were ever said to be siblings.
    Well to be sure, Era - a LOT of what you do, at the time, seems to be the most ludicrous thing I've ever heard. Then it keeps coming, and my jaw continues to be on the floor. So considering how DIVERSE we are in our shipping preferences - I'd say we just humor each others lunacy/ludicrous ideas just to keep things civil, at the very least. Don't you agree? --- iskabibble07, I have to disagree STRONGLY with what you say. I mean, I'm cool with the idea you like both Creddie and Seddie. But the whole timing issue. I have a problem with THAT. I don't think that any kind of back and forth thing could work. At least not in the sense you're talking. I mean, sure, they can like each other and then not like each other again. But... this isn't a soap opera. So even if there IS a back and forth it's generally one couple, or one person liking another. And not to try and bring in a comparison couple, but it would have to be like Ross and Rachel on Friends. --- As far as real shipping war goes... I'm going to say this: Carly and Freddie's interactions are natural. They appear to make a really great pair kind of BECAUSE they're not trying to shove their relationship in your (or their own) faces. It's natural, everyday, and what a relationship should be. At least the kind I personally would want. It's affectionate, and you don't have to worry about whether you're going to get hurt, you know you'll be safe when they're around. They should be the person you are with to protect you from the world, and then you will protect them from the world. --- It's just natural. Freddie and Sam don't quite have that.

Jeez, all hail Captain abz. If wasn't on a ship yet I probably would've dove for Creddie just because of that last statement but it doesn't matter cuz I'm a Seddie worshiper. That last sentence made no sense but it did in my head. Anyway, I'm starting to think that Freddie is gettin over his Carly crush or at least a little bit *shakes head* this could mean trouble for us Seddie shippers. There's not much to say now. I guess we'll find out more in the next episode. Good point abz but I think it would be best for a Seddie relationship. Sam and Freddie wouldn't hurt each other (or at least not emotionally) and I could easily see Carly going after another dude while with Freddie, like if Jake broke up with his girlfriend Carly would probably raise an eyebrow...as in, she would be interested. Sam doesn't seem like a player and no, Carly doesn't either but I could see her havin issues because she isn't over this guy and she wants this guy but she doesn't want to lose this guy and so on an so forth but it would all end in a huge choice that she had to make. Sorry, but I just don't see a stable/steady relationship with Creddie and yes, I'm completely open for you to prove me wrong and/or convince me otherwise...as usual.

sharethelove01

[231]May 14, 2008
    Gryffindorkish wrote:
    senor_fritz wrote:

I know your post wasn't directed to me, but I feel that as a Seddie ashipper I need to make a few things clear.

I for one, do not support Seddie solely becasue I like the whole love/hate relationship aspect. I beleive that they have interesting interactions and banter.

And for someone who doesn't watch iCarly, I don't think you can really be telling us, the people who do watch it, about the proper way to analyze the characters. Really though, the only people who truly know these characters inside and out, those who know their "exact nature", are the writers of the show. And honestly, I doubt that this early into a show, they even know where they want to take the character realtionships.

You really shouldn't generalize. You don't know what knowledge we have of relationships, or whether we ourselves are "elites", or even our ages.

It's also about the chemistry. If you pay close attention, well not that close but you get it, the chemistry between Carly and Freddie and Sam and Freddie is a big deal. Chemistry is huge in relationships. Thats what won me over, Seddie has so much more chemistry. With Creddie its one way, I see Freddie giving affection but not receiving any. With Seddie, well its obvious there would be a giving and receiving of affection. Its the chemistry.

Edited on 05/14/2008 3:03pm

crzza

[232]May 14, 2008
    • level: 49
    sharethelove01 wrote:
    Gryffindorkish wrote:
    senor_fritz wrote:

It's also about the chemistry. If you pay close attention, well not that close but you get it, the chemistry between Carly and Freddie and Sam and Freddie is a big deal. Chemistry is huge in relationships. Thats what won me over, Seddie has so much more chemistry. With Creddie its one way, I see Freddie giving affection but not receiving any. With Seddie, well its obvious there would be a giving and receiving of affection. Its the chemistry.

I can defenitely some chemistry between Sam and Freddie. With the whole enemy/friend things.

gryffinval7890

[233]May 14, 2008
    • level: 12
    crzza wrote:
    I can defenitely some chemistry between Sam and Freddie. With the whole enemy/friend things.

that is soo true... i don't understand how anyone can say that sam and freddie don't have chemistry?

ofcourse they have chemistry..i mean they totally get each other, and won't let anyone get between that... when they are in a moment there is no seperating them...

they've got their own thing goin' on there...

_________

with carly and freddie...im sorry to say, but there is no chemistry there...

and i know what i said about the unpredictability between Sam and freddie...but there really isn't any...you always know whats going on with them, and you can tell whats gonna happen next.. with them, i can see them progress in their stability since they already progressed into a stability...

with carly and freddie there would be more chemistry if she had feelings for him, or if he didn't have any for her...they work better as friends since she has made it oh-so plain that she does not reciprocate his feelings... he's gonna get over her, and when he does, something tells me he's gonna go for something close to home and for sure...

sharethelove01

[234]May 14, 2008

gryffinval7890 wrote:
    crzza wrote:
    that is soo true... i don't understand how anyone can say that sam and freddie don't have chemistry? ofcourse they have chemistry..i mean they totally get each other, and won't let anyone get between that... when they are in a moment there is no seperating them... they've got their own thing goin' on there... _________ with carly and freddie...im sorry to say, but there is no chemistry there... and i know what i said about the unpredictability between Sam and freddie...but there really isn't any...you always know whats going on with them, and you can tell whats gonna happen next.. with them, i can see them progress in their stability since they already progressed into a stability... with carly and freddie there would be more chemistry if she had feelings for him, or if he didn't have any for her...they work better as friends since she has made it oh-so plain that she does not reciprocate his feelings... he's gonna get over her, and when he does, something tells me he's gonna go for something close to home and for sure...

My point exactly.

chasefan100

[235]May 14, 2008
    sharethelove01 wrote:

gryffinval7890 wrote:
    crzza wrote:
    that is soo true... i don't understand how anyone can say that sam and freddie don't have chemistry? ofcourse they have chemistry..i mean they totally get each other, and won't let anyone get between that... when they are in a moment there is no seperating them... they've got their own thing goin' on there... _________ with carly and freddie...im sorry to say, but there is no chemistry there... and i know what i said about the unpredictability between Sam and freddie...but there really isn't any...you always know whats going on with them, and you can tell whats gonna happen next.. with them, i can see them progress in their stability since they already progressed into a stability... with carly and freddie there would be more chemistry if she had feelings for him, or if he didn't have any for her...they work better as friends since she has made it oh-so plain that she does not reciprocate his feelings... he's gonna get over her, and when he does, something tells me he's gonna go for something close to home and for sure...

My point exactly.

thats what I've been trying to say all along.

Sam and Freddie have so much chemistry! You can feel it even when they are glaring at each other or arguing.

and I saw alot of it when they hugged. The HUGE smiles they gave each other esp Freddie. Seddie just has that spark if I'm explaining right lol

gryffinval7890

[236]May 14, 2008
    seriously, because the only time when Carly and freddie are both happy is when he isn't coming on to her...
    Edited on 05/14/2008 5:27pm

missyera

[237]May 14, 2008
    senor_fritz wrote:

All right, I feel like I have to step in here and defend my buddy abz cause a) we go way back and b) many posters here are also part of the HM board and you guys have always annoyed the heck outta me.

Firstly, likewise on that last sentence.

senor_fritz wrote:

People like me?

Well well well. Hmmm....let me try and understand what you've just said in your defense for Abz08.

Several things that I got from that paragraph.

Firstly, Senor Fritz, you're ASSUMING that most Seddie shippers ship our couple ONLY because we like the idea of them. Isn't that so? And that we' only love Seddie because they bicker and such? Well, that might be true (for some of us) but the way you're saying it is as if that's completely wrong?

Well, sorry to say this but that doesn't give you any right to judge us on our preferences. So what is it to you if we DO like the couple just because we like the idea of them together? (Which by the way, is NOT the entire reason why i ship Seddie.) Is it wrong if people have different reasons why they ship a couple? And does that make them any less a "correct shipper" if they do?

Honestly. From what I gathered in your argument, you're basically scorning "us" based on assumptions that might not even be completely true. And you just come off as being high and mighty....and cocky, in other words. Like you guys are always on the "right" side and shipping based on the "correct" reasons. Which brings us to your next paragraph.

senor_fritz wrote:

Wow. Such high and mighty words there. So, you're saying shipping Creddie is being "elite" and to ship Seddie is equivalent to being just subordinates? Is that so? And on what guidelines are you judging that on, may I ask? Age? Just because you think mature older adults ship a particular ship, does that mean they're always better and right in terms of choosing couples and ships? I'm sorry, but i don't think it works that way. It doesn't matter what age or size or gender you are, it doesn't determine whether the choice of ship we choose to support is the right one or the wrong one. It's all dependent on individual's preferences and opinions. And I believe Seddie appeals to people of all ages. We don't need to appeal only to "adults" to prove that its a right ship or anything. I prefer a ship that doesn't limit its shippers by its age.

And if you think about it, if a 6 year old kid supports Seddie, don't you think that means something? That even a kid that young of age is able to spot something between the two characters. And kids are mighty observant and straightforward about things. So, don't scoff a "young" person's opinion just because they have yet to "mature" and that they don't know nothing about "relationships". SOmetimes i even question the "adults" choices in relationships.

One last note. You're also ASSUMING our ages. Honestly. You don't know any of our ages, so, just because one talks "maturely" in her discussions, doesn't mean a person is an "adult". Even young kids these days can be intellectual in their discussions and not act their age, and also one can choose to behave "child-like" if they want regardless if they're "old". It doesn't give the right for someone else to judge a person based on that.

Not trying to cause anything here, but just stating my defense for the Seddie shippers that those arguments were directed at, including myself. I think i know i'm part of the "annoying" crew of people from the HM board that Senor Fritz were referring to, since i belong to the opposing ship there. But i acknowledge that. I can be annoying if i want to, and defensive.

missyera

[238]May 15, 2008
    abz08 wrote:

They're not a set of standards... and it's pretty much what I think too. And what I've been trying to say. A ship has to be plausible. There is no committee that says it's right or wrong or anything - it's smart shipping. Like I can see eye to eye with people who ship Harry/Hermione no matter how much I disagree because they have GOOD reasons, and it's a smart ship, no matter how non-canonical or how much I disagree. ---

There isn't a wrong way to ship, persay... just a stupid way to do it. Shipping should be about the characters. Their OWN personalities. Not their positions in the show, or their stereotypical personalities.

Firstly, I'm sympathetic that you're outnumbered too, but i think it's admirable to see you stand up for your ship. That doesn't mean i agree with your arguments though, but still, its an achievement the way you've managed to last through all the bombardment against Creddie. However, that doesnt' give anyone the right to rail against the Seddie shippers just cos they're in the majority in THIS forum. We didn't force anyone to ship Seddie. People flock here on their own.

Anyway, itsn't weird that you're talking about the plausibility-ness of a ship considering you're a Spam shipper? And slash? Not that i have anything against those ships, but if a person only ships a couple just because it's plausible, then the entire fandom will be completely boring. So, i don't think plausibility of a ship has anything to do with shipping. As you said it yourself, "Shipping should be about the characters. Their OWN personalities. Not their positions in the show, or their stereotypical personalities" . We ship Seddie because of their personalities. And their positions in the show just happen to be a coincidence.

abz08 wrote:
    Elite = shippers who are/have been successful in their endeavors and therefore know what they're talking about.

So....what you're saying it just because most of your ships have been successful, that makes them an elite?

Even I myself as an R/Hr shipper doesn't think that way. And i've learnt that being smug just because you've been successful several times will only be your downfall later. I prefer to be content and grateful, and take it as it comes. If my ships turns canon, i'm glad. If it doesn't, that doesn't mean i should abandon my ship. I'll still support it even if people doesn't think its plausible at all of materializing.

gryffinval7890

[239]May 15, 2008
    way to go Missyera... most of these comments were un called for, and belittling people, and other ships does not make your way of shipping the right way...

when was a set of standards placed on how to ship?

and im with you, if seddie never were to happen i would still ship them, cuz i think they would be awesome together...

abz08

[240]May 15, 2008
    Gryffindorkish wrote:
    And for someone who doesn't watch iCarly, I don't think you can really be telling us, the people who do watch it, about the proper way to analyze the characters. Really though, the only people who truly know these characters inside and out, those who know their "exact nature", are the writers of the show.

You're right - the writers ARE the only ones who really know the charcters. So even you can't say one thing or another. ---

Really though - you have to watch ONE show to know how to understand characters? So psychiatrists have to be familiar with their patients before they start talking to them and helping them? Because that's what that is. Analyzing people People are characters. Characters are ALL people. No matter their fandom/origin/whatever you want to call it. ---

A character's a character. I mean, when you watched iPilot or whatever the first eppie you watched was... you hadn't seen it before, you started to analyze the characters right then. ---

Era... do you even read what you're responding to before you do respond? Really?

Era wrote:
    you're ASSUMING that most Seddie shippers ship our couple ONLY because we like the idea of them.

Well to be fair, I recall, as one who IS into the fandom and the ships and this discussion in particular... many times, MULITPLE times, I've heard the phrase, "I just like the idea of them." Or something to that effect. ---

Era wrote:
    So, you're saying shipping Creddie is being "elite" and to ship Seddie is equivalent to being just subordinates?

No. That's not at all what she was saying. The ship itself is irrelevant. YOU may be part of the elite, I don't know, I only really know you through this forum. It's the shipper themselves that matter. It's more about the process of shipping. If I'm right, as I can't speak FOR senor fritz. ---

Era wrote:
    I prefer a ship that doesn't limit its shippers by its age.

No one ever said Creddie (or any ship for that matter) discriminated by age. Plus - I would think younger audiences would be more toward Creddie anyhow, because they know for a fact that Freddie likes Carly, so they're already exposed to the idea, and it's in a positive way. ---

Era wrote:
    You're also ASSUMING our ages.
    Who said anything about assuming? Some people just know things.
    Era wrote:
    I can be annoying if i want to, and defensive.

Ditto.

Era wrote:
    However, that doesnt' give anyone the right to rail against the Seddie shippers just cos they're in the majority in THIS forum.

What a bizarre reason to "rail" against someone. I know I don't. I dislike Seddie in general. No matter the ship size or HOW the ship got so many shippers to come aboard. But I have to admit, it doesn't help my feeling of dislike when I go on FF and the only stories that seem to exist are Seddie. (Hmm, that seems to ring a bell.) ---

Era wrote:
    Anyway, isn't weird that you're talking about the plausibility-ness of a ship considering you're a Spam shipper? And slash?

No. I think you're referring to the possibility that a ship will become canon. Plausibility (to me at least) is what would happen if the characters lived free of the restrictions that they can't do anything too taboo to lose viewers or be looked down upon. In reality, while people might have issues, it's not a problem to be homosexual. Relationships with age differences happen every day. So do illegal ones (and if you're into it - incest happens too). Here, I thought of a better term than "plausibility" for you. Compatibility. All of my ships are compatible people. They work together. ---

Era wrote:
    We ship Seddie because of their personalities. And their positions in the show just happen to be a coincidence.

You're walking a fine line there. And speaking in broad terms. I'd be more specific if I were you - and I really DON'T think it's a coincidence. ---

Era wrote:
    So....what you're saying it just because most of your ships have been successful, that makes them an elite?
    The ships aren't what's elite, Era. Can you understand that concept? It's the fact that I as a shipper have been ON those ships - and know how a successful ship works that I am more experienced. Which is kind of a synonym for 'elite'. Then again, you may argue something else here, and it brings me to my next point. ---

Era wrote:
    Even I myself as an R/Hr shipper doesn't think that way. And i've learnt that being smug just because you've been successful several times will only be your downfall later. I prefer to be content and grateful, and take it as it comes. If my ships turns canon, i'm glad. If it doesn't, that doesn't mean i should abandon my ship. I'll still support it even if people doesn't think its plausible at all of materializing.

I never said anything about abandoning ship. I don't know why you all think I will abandon my ship if it were to turn out unsuccessful. I have been on ships that sunk before. I am still there. ---

But the way you're talking about this I have to wonder about how we both think of 'shipping'. Because right now they appear to be SEVERELY different. I ship, and I intend to come out canonically. And... I really don't think we're on the same wavelength at all. Like we are on two entirely differnt playing fields trying to play a game. But it doesn't work that way. We're in two very different universes.

gryffinval7890 wrote:
    when was a set of standards placed on how to ship?

There wasn't. But if you look back on previous posts you will find I have already addressed the issue, this misconception you seem to have.