We're moving Forums to the Community pages. Click here for more information and updates.

iCarly Forums

Nickelodeon (ended 2012)

Seddie And Creddie Battle Field

gryffinval7890

[241]May 15, 2008
    • level: 12

abz08 wrote:
    There isn't a wrong way to ship, persay... just a stupid way to do it. Shipping should be about the characters. Their OWN personalities. Not their positions in the show, or their stereotypical personalities.

there isn't a set of standards?... and yet you place them? my bad...

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

missyera

[242]May 15, 2008
    • level: 8

abz08 wrote:

--- Era... do you even read what you're responding to before you do respond? Really?

I could say the same about you, you know. You're misinterpreting things that I write. No matter, its bound to happen in this faceless online communication. Perhaps I'm not that articulate enough (since English is not my true spoken language), but i'll try to put things simple.

abz08 wrote:
    Well to be fair, I recall, as one who IS into the fandom and the ships and this discussion in particular... many times, MULITPLE times, I've heard the phrase, "I just like the idea of them." Or something to that effect. ---

But that doesn't mean you can generalize to each and every Seddie shipper there is out there. And I've already acknowledged that it might be true for some of us, which i STILL don't see anything wrong about that. To me, shipping is for fun. I ship characters for entertainment. And I don't think its wrong for doing that.

abz08 wrote:
    No. That's not at all what she was saying. The ship itself is irrelevant. YOU may be part of the elite, I don't know, I only really know you through this forum. It's the shipper themselves that matter. It's more about the process of shipping. If I'm right, as I can't speak FOR senor fritz. ---

But i still don't agree that just because you've had a slew of successful shipping history, that makes you somehow part of the "elite" group of people who have always been spot on in choosing ships. Or know that you're always on the right track, and that your ship will eventually become canon. Linking back to iCarly, I've already SAID i think there's a high possibility of Creddie happening, but perhaps only a short-lived relationship.

abz08 wrote:
    Who said anything about assuming? Some people just know things.---

Well, not in the case of Senor Fritz's words. If i recall and i quote "And I believe they have a better perspective on what constitutes a shipworthy couple than this volley of misguided children who don't know nothin' about real relationships."

And I believe she was referring to us Seddie shippers, and since I am one too, she assumed that most of us are "children".

abz08 wrote:
    No. I think you're referring to the possibility that a ship will become canon. Plausibility (to me at least) is what would happen if the characters lived free of the restrictions that they can't do anything too taboo to lose viewers or be looked down upon. In reality, while people might have issues, it's not a problem to be homosexual. Relationships with age differences happen every day. So do illegal ones (and if you're into it - incest happens too). Here, I thought of a better term than "plausibility" for you. Compatibility. All of my ships are compatible people. They work together. ---

Well, my interpretations of plausible is more along the lines of whether the ship is believable. And heck...if you're talking about compatibility, I think Sam and Freddie are more compatible than ever. But of course, you will disagree, since we both have completely different shipping preferences.

abz08 wrote:
    The ships aren't what's elite, Era. Can you understand that concept? It's the fact that I as a shipper have been ON those ships - and know how a successful ship works that I am more experienced. Which is kind of a synonym for 'elite'. Then again, you may argue something else here, and it brings me to my next point. ---

Perhaps I wasn't articulate enough. But i KNOW that its not the ships that make you an elite. And I repeat, that still doesn't mean that just because you've had a string of successful shippings, you're more experienced. That's more because the fact that those couples that you shipped that turned canon were very predictable to happen eventually.

abz08 wrote:
    I never said anything about abandoning ship. I don't know why you all think I will abandon my ship if it were to turn out unsuccessful. I have been on ships that sunk before. I am still there. --- But the way you're talking about this I have to wonder about how we both think of 'shipping'. Because right now they appear to be SEVERELY different. I ship, and I intend to come out canonically. And... I really don't think we're on the same wavelength at all. Like we are on two entirely differnt playing fields trying to play a game. But it doesn't work that way. We're in two very different universes. ---

Did I mention your name when I said that? I was being generic and speaking for myself....since I have seen people abandoning their ships just cause it didn't turn out. My apologies if you felt that i was assuming that about you.

And you're right. We ARE on different wavelengths about the point of shipping. I ship because its fun and gives me entertainment when I watch the shows. Whether they turn out canon or not, I don't mind. I don't take shipping that seriously. But as long as there' are interactions between those two characters, I'm contented with that. Same goes for all my other ships. I hope that's nothing wrong with that.

However, when people constantly come up with arguments that discredit our ship just because they think our ship have absolutely no chances of happening (i'm not grouping you in this Abz), of course I'll get defensive, since after all, that's my ship that's under attack.

Btw, i just enjoy rebuttling points. Gives me great joy in the morning.

Nature9000

[243]May 15, 2008
    • level: 9

Why can't this be civil? Instead of one group trying desperatly to disprove or prove the other side or their own side and having an arrogant "I'm always right" attitude? Forums should be openminded I would think, so in order not to be chewed out for the side I'm on, I'm not going to say what I support here. Though you could easily figure it out if you were to read my fanfictions. Here's what I think:

Freddie/Carly-It could happen, it could happen. No telling me that you "know it will" you don't, nobody knows it will happen. Nobody knows if Freddie/Sam will happen. It's all opinionated and it's all for the openminded descussions. Here's what I think, Carly and Freddie could happen because Freddie has a crush on her. His crush was more evident in the earlier episodes, but now it's not as evident, yet Carly could be starting to like him because he isn't going after her so much anymore.

Now Seddie fans don't kill me, let me talk of Freddie/Sam.

Freddie/Sam-It could happen. It is not impossible and there have been many enemies turned lovers out there. You'll note that Freddie has actually asked Sam to kiss him once or twice, and these two seem to have more jokes about the others than anything in the light of sexuality. Such as Freddie saying Sam's butt resembles ham. It's always possible that Sam could have a crush on Freddie and it's possible Freddie hides his crush on Sam in saying his liking for Carly, that has been known to happen as well.

Creddie fans, don't kill me. This is what I mean by openminded, I could say a lot more about these but it would be far too long.

Again, I won't say which one I support mostly, but don't take anything out of context, this thread can get harsh from what I've seen and that's why I've stayed out of it for the most part. Both are highly probable and neither one is impossible, anything can happen.

gryffinval7890

[244]May 15, 2008
    ^ you man, i like you... this is something i've been hoping for, i would like to state my oppinion with out feeling personally attacked...

Nature9000

[245]May 15, 2008
    Thank you, it would be nice but that's why I held back here. However I have seen a few good posts here and there in this thread so it isn't all personal attacks I suppose. Personally, I like both and think that both are okay, I do like one more than the other but still both I like.

gryffinval7890

[246]May 15, 2008
    thats cool too.. theres is someone on here too that likes all ships(you know who you are)...

i really don't care who you like better, cuz its not for me to tell you who to like or why you should/shouldn't... but i do like a good(putting a huge emphasis on that one)debate...

Nature9000

[247]May 15, 2008
    My thoughts exactly.

gryffinval7890

[248]May 15, 2008
    cool...now, with that...out of curiousity who do you like better...(and if you're uncomfortable with saying here you could PM me...anything you tell me will be kept in confidence)...but either way you don't hafta say anything...

Nature9000

[249]May 15, 2008
    Eh, I may as well PM you on my thoughts. It's not the fact that I'm uncomfortable posting my thoughts here, I'd just rather not risk being bait for sharks.

gryffinval7890

[250]May 15, 2008
    i can dig... pretty smart staying out of it...

Gryffindorkish

[251]May 15, 2008
    • level: 4
    Nature9000, even though I'm a Seddie shipper, I'm glad you (and who ever else isn't) aren't taking sides. I like having a non-biased opppinion to level out the debates. It's always good to have someone who will honestly see the good and bad in both sides and won't strongly favor one or the other.

gryffinval7890

[252]May 15, 2008
    yay! this is turning into a happy thread...

Nature9000

[253]May 15, 2008

Gryffindorkish wrote:
    Nature9000, even though I'm a Seddie shipper, I'm glad you (and who ever else isn't) aren't taking sides. I like having a non-biased opppinion to level out the debates. It's always good to have someone who will honestly see the good and bad in both sides and won't strongly favor one or the other.

I'll agree with that and thank you. It is better to have non biased opinions when in debate, I actually learned that in my high school debate class, heh.

I'll agree that this thread does seem less agressive I suppose.

gryffinval7890

[254]May 15, 2008
    Nature9000 wrote:
    I'll agree that this thread does seem less agressive I suppose.

either way i'd like to have you as a mediater on here... i would be cool to have someone referee when it gets to hectic in here...

abz08

[255]May 15, 2008
    • level: 15
    Wow. I just ... wow. I can't even - I mean... Wow. ---

*walks away*

I really don't like it here right now. Because this is a battlefield supposedly. And I know how I feel about Seddie, and call me close-minded if you want, but that is how I am, and I will not change my view. So don't talk to me about being 'open-minded'. I see all the facts. And when I try to state the facts I'm called out for being vicious and attacking certain people. On a battlefield. Hmm... ---

*shakes head*

Nature9000

[256]May 15, 2008
    Actually I wasn't referring to you all that much, you've had some good arguments here and there, everyone has. Everyone has also had some bad posts, it's never just one person. Though, you and everyone else could stand to be a little less harsh to everyone, you don't have to be open minded to do so and you don't have to be close minded.

gryffinval7890

[257]May 15, 2008
    totally agree...
    everyone needs to condescend less... not cool...

abz08

[258]May 15, 2008
    • level: 15
    You mean "be less condescending"? ---

Sorry - grammar police. Habit.

gryffinval7890

[259]May 15, 2008

abz08 wrote:
    You mean "be less condescending"? --- Sorry - grammar police. Habit.

yeah yeah, that... i think it would do a lot of good to be nice on this thread...

(and thats to everyone in general)

Edited on 05/15/2008 9:48pm

Nature9000

[260]May 15, 2008
    I agree that it would be best to be less harsh, at least for people who would post and not post for fear of harsh attitudes. That's also for everyone in general.